Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

wonder how these hosts feel about inviting their fans/stalkers viewers into their houses?

guess most have no choice

Some hosts regularly post pictures of different parts of their home on IG and FB, so in my mind, there's really no difference here.  It's not like a camera is roaming all through the house - it's fixed in one area.

• Like 5

I don’t find the TSV all that appealing in content or price but wish I did. I usually do Thanksgiving with a cousin. She is still doing it this year, but I just don’t feel it will be safe (I don’t think she or the few other guests are being reckless, I just don’t think any of us can be fully secure about our COVID status right now, even with the few errands, zero takeout, zero in-person socializing life I have been living since this started). I have done a lot of holidays on my own (lived far away for many years) so have no problem at all with that at all. But I want a holiday meal but just don’t know if I want to make one. Years ago I used to—whole crazy thing, just for me, and awesome leftovers for weeks! Lol. But I’m older now and would be happy to pay more to save the hassle. So I have been spending the past few days trying to find options for full spreads. But then I think about the sodium, etc., and...arrrrgh. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

According to Jane, she said hosts are being forced to take their remaining vacation days before a certain date or else lose them. She said that’s why Carolyn is off now and she, Jane, will be gone next so that she can use up all her vacation days. 

“Use it, or lose it” is illegal in some states. In those states an employee may not acrue further vacation until they’ve used time remaining in their bank. Vacation time is a liability on the corporate books, so usually employees are urged to use it. 

Not sure about PA employment law. 

• Useful 5

Courtney Webb still sounds congested on Q2 tonight and is still taking in long inhalations during each pause in speaking.  I noticed she had the same symptoms a few days ago on Q2 in a different show.

Someone give that woman an oximeter, ASAP.

Which makes me wonder if it was a bad decision QVC made in forcing people to take vacation time.

With a highly contagious virus going around, wouldn't it be smarter to have as many hosts on call as possible, since a bunch of them could be out of commission at any given time?

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

4 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Courtney Webb still sounds congested on Q2 tonight and is still taking in long inhalations during each pause in speaking.  I noticed she had the same symptoms a few days ago.

Someone give that woman an oximeter, ASAP.

Which makes me wonder if it was a bad decision QVC made in forcing people to take vacation time.

With a highly contagious virus going around, wouldn't it be smarter to have as many hosts on call as possible, since a bunch of them could be out of commission at any given time?

Q2 is entirely reruns.  That's a previously-recorded show.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Just now, letusprocrastinate said:

Q2 is entirely reruns.

I know.  But I think this must have been from yesterday.

She sounds terrible.  Hope it is allergies.  Those changing leaves give off a lot of mold.

• Like 2

More Q Things That Make No Sense:

Switch to Ali Carr in her kitchen with some turkey for 2 or 3 minutes.  Why? Isn't Wednesday Ginger's sidekick gig? Or does Diva need his entire harem all at once?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

More Q Things That Make No Sense:

Switch to Ali Carr in her kitchen with some turkey for 2 or 3 minutes.  Why? Isn't Wednesday Ginger's sidekick gig? Or does Diva need his entire harem all at once?

I thought GP was on vacation. Not that I've missed her. 🙄

• Laugh 4

Val has so much stuff  in her house on her set, she doesn't have one more nook to tuck in any extra sweet little nothings or marry anything together.

One area had so many sparkly blue decorations packed together, it looked like a seaside souvenir store.  Pretty, but oh so busy. 

If it were my abode, I would be in a descent into madness by now.  But she is as even-keeled and humbly head tilted as ever.  I'll have what she's having.

A Marie Kondo devotee, she is not.  And probably vice versa.  No money in it.  Except for Marie.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5

11 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

I don’t find the TSV all that appealing in content or price but wish I did. I usually do Thanksgiving with a cousin. She is still doing it this year, but I just don’t feel it will be safe (I don’t think she or the few other guests are being reckless, I just don’t think any of us can be fully secure about our COVID status right now, even with the few errands, zero takeout, zero in-person socializing life I have been living since this started). I have done a lot of holidays on my own (lived far away for many years) so have no problem at all with that at all. But I want a holiday meal but just don’t know if I want to make one. Years ago I used to—whole crazy thing, just for me, and awesome leftovers for weeks! Lol. But I’m older now and would be happy to pay more to save the hassle. So I have been spending the past few days trying to find options for full spreads. But then I think about the sodium, etc., and...arrrrgh. 

Some of our larger super markets have a Thanksgiving and or Christmas meal you can order in the deli. All you have to do is pick it up. This year they might have delivery. I would if I were them.  We bought it once when it was going to be just 2 of us. It was good. Maybe not as good as you or I could make but hey, we don’t have to cook it!  

• Like 12

7 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Val has so much stuff  in her house on her set, she doesn't have one more nook to tuck in any extra sweet little nothings or marry anything together.

One area had so many sparkly blue decorations packed together, it looked like a seaside souvenir store.  Pretty, but oh so busy. 

If it were my abode, I would be in a descent into madness by now.  But she is as even-keeled and humbly head tilted as ever.  I'll have what she's having.

A Marie Kondo devotee, she is not.  And probably vice versa.  No money in it.  Except for Marie.

you forgot "layer in"  🤮

• Laugh 8

Comfort Code (on HSN) OAP, Amy,  holding her adorable rescue Siamese kitten:

Amy:  "This is Ries. Short for Riesling. Because mama's love language is wine and cozy."

Ries:  Meow.  Hiccup.

😼  

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Some of our larger super markets have a Thanksgiving and or Christmas meal you can order in the deli. All you have to do is pick it up. This year they might have delivery. I would if I were them.  We bought it once when it was going to be just 2 of us. It was good. Maybe not as good as you or I could make but hey, we don’t have to cook it!  

Oh, perfect, thank you. SOLD!!

• Like 5

Gourmet Holibobs repeat. Corky Christmas thing. Rachel just made up a Christmas plate with all of the turkey and sides. Then she put a bloody croissant on top.

What is wrong with these people? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

14 minutes ago, Burly said:

Gourmet Holibobs repeat. Corky Christmas thing. Rachel just made up a Christmas plate with all of the turkey and sides. Then she put a bloody croissant on top.

Your stereotypical American Thanksgiving dinner/Christmas dinner includes bread.  I think they included the croissants as part of the deal because they are "fancier" than the standard dinner roll, and they can say, "Hey, we're throwing in the bread too!  Your meal is complete!  No need to go to the store to pick up rolls!"

I noticed, though, that it seemed that in some cases they weren't using standard-sized dinner plates for hosts to pile on the food; Rachel may have had no open space on the plate in which to put it.

• Surprise 2

Rick describing most every Val item:  "GREAT!"   With an occasional "ADORABLE!" for certain figurines and Xmas village houses.

Oh, well, I've concluded it's certainly more tolerable than hearing Carolyn and her baby talk -- "Aww, look at the cutesy-wootsey snowman!" Or Blabby working in the family and every dead relative....

Although Domeier did mention his late mother and father re: VPH gifts for nursing homes.

I really hate when they do this.

• Like 10

M- 62386 Chicken crust pizza is a concept that should never have made it beyond the brainstorming session. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 5

Just now, Burly said:

M- 62386 Chicken crust pizza is a concept that should never have made it beyond the brainstorming session. 

To borrow a word you've used around here, they're vile.  I tried the supreme once and found it to be inedible.

• Useful 8

59 minutes ago, Burly said:

'Murica

• Laugh 8

Jimmy The Baker without his hat on. 

not sure how I feel about this...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Burly said:

Jimmy The Baker without his hat on. 

not sure how I feel about this...

I know rite?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

'Murica

I suppose we have Bread Sauce at Christmas . I’ve never got on board with that but is it the same? 

When I was a kid we were kinda poor so we had bread with every meal. Filled you up! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Your stereotypical American Thanksgiving dinner/Christmas dinner includes bread.  I think they included the croissants as part of the deal because they are "fancier" than the standard dinner roll, and they can say, "Hey, we're throwing in the bread too!  Your meal is complete!  No need to go to the store to pick up rolls!"

I noticed, though, that it seemed that in some cases they weren't using standard-sized dinner plates for hosts to pile on the food; Rachel may have had no open space on the plate in which to put it.

My goodness, Rachel, don't you know you're supposed to have a bread basket and bread plates for the bread? You don't just dump it on top of the other food.

• Like 3

I don’t know how long I can take this Alberti/Blabby love fest. Alberti squealed, “I’m so excited to be here with my darling!! Hash tag - Dream Team!!” Then he squealed, “I’m blushing already!!” Good grief!

4D14191D-08BF-4018-934B-956F8775D139.thumb.jpeg.38deb75f7f4ca2e6c242d870e456fb53.jpeg

B943FB3A-921F-410C-92F7-EEB8998B56E2.thumb.jpeg.e54354f696db7fc398d19cd4556d842f.jpeg

1976B82D-C183-4CEA-A8D3-B5AA65AC7DA9.thumb.jpeg.212e5826181aec0c38ac6d8ba4860df2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 6

Gourmet Holiday

Stop this show.  I want to get off.

Alberti is braying.  Jane is cheering.

Jane said something about not drinking wine, then under her breath:  "....until Kiki gets her own wine." 

Bitter grapes?  Eh, I'd be miffed, too.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 2

1.  Every time hosts say "My Grandma's Coffee Cake", I think they are talking about their grandmas' coffee cakes.  Never fails.

2.  Marie Louise Ludwig and Jane T. are backyard neighbors.  The conversations probably never end!  I feel bad for the side neighbors. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Jane just put cheddar cheese-stuffed pretzel poppers on top of a mesclun green salad and poured salad dressing on it.

(M-71004)

Now she's literally squeezing the insides out of another popper.  No Jane, this does not look appetizing at all.

Edit:  See @MzBrooklyn's post directly below because we were witnessing the same thing at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

I almost bought the turkey TSV just to have it on hand but then I forgot about it. LOL!!! I guess I didn’t need it that much. All of the holiday cooking shows have crazy prices. I get the convenience part of it but with the high prices and S&H it’s so outrageously expensive. They do a great job on the hard sell though. I’m sure there are some old (and, young) people stuck in their homes buying it. Now, I did cave in and buy the Corky's BBQ 5lbs Seasoned Roasted Drumsticks with Sauce. I was curious to see if they are as big as they presented them or if they’ll be puny little things. I thought it would be good to have on Sunday for the games. I doubt I’ll reorder. I’ve ordered a few food items but I never reorder. It’s what I said above. Way too expensive to order on a continual basis. A one time order is about as far as I go and there is even a lot I pass up all together. I’ll let you know how the wings turn out. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

wtf IS it with these morons?!

This is disgusting 🤮

7F2A20C8-2E06-4A51-AAE6-F3658607E59D.jpeg

3C95C50C-136C-4D53-9326-B2472DB0951D.jpeg

Dr Pimple Popper is another channel !!

blech

• Laugh 10

She had so many family related food stories today, I wonder why Jane T. never authorized authored a cookbook?

Maybe, on pitch day of Stories from Jane's Family Table:  a Neverending Conversation, the publisher had to dismiss her mid Rudy story due to a headache that came on suddenly?

Jane's favorite topic today:  my daughter is a New Yorker. 

Usually people are advised to smile more.

My advice to Alberti:  smile less.  Please.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7

20 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

She had so many family related food stories today, I wonder why Jane T. never authorized authored a cookbook?

Maybe, on pitch day of Stories from Jane's Family Table:  a Neverending Conversation, the publisher had to dismiss her mid Rudy story due to a headache that came on suddenly?

Jane's favorite topic today:  my daughter is a New Yorker. 

Usually people are advised to smile more.

My advice to Alberti:  smile less.  Please.

IMG_2506.JPG

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 10

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Jane just put cheddar cheese-stuffed pretzel poppers on top of a mesclun green salad and poured salad dressing on it.

(M-71004)

Now she's literally squeezing the insides out of another popper.  No Jane, this does not look appetizing at all.

Edit:  See @MzBrooklyn's post directly below because we were witnessing the same thing at the same time.

That was disgusting. 🤢

• Like 2

Why on earth would Diane Gilman wear a scarf with a huge Louis Vuitton logo while selling her own clothing line?

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3

3 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

"I always had to be the center of attention"

"I always had have to be the center of attention."

Fixed it for ya.  😉

• Like 4
  • Laugh 11

You know how all the hosts put down drugstores as some kind of inferior, el cheapo form of shopping.  Well, Blabby just took this to another level:  "What a dream I had last night!  I dreamt I had to buy Christmas gifts for the girls but I could only get them at THE DRUGSTORE! Thank heaven for QVC!!"

3 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

You know how all the hosts put down drugstores as some kind of inferior, el cheapo form of shopping.  Well, Blabby just took this to another level:  "What a dream I had last night!  I dreamt I had to buy Christmas gifts for the girls but I could only get them at THE DRUGSTORE! Thank heaven for QVC!!"

Edited by Bronx Babe · Reason: double post sorry; Jane gets me all riled up
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 10

8 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

You know how all the hosts put down grocery stores as some kind of inferior, el cheapo form of shopping.  Well, Blabby just took this to another level:  "What a dream I had last night!  I dreamt I had to buy Christmas gifts for the girls but I could only get them at THE GROCERY STORE!  Thank heaven for QVC!!"

These days if I went to the grocery store, found Clorox wipes, Lysol disinfecting spray, isopropyl alcohol, and/or liquid hand soap, bought some, and gifted them, I'd be a hero(ine).

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

You know how all the hosts put down grocery stores as some kind of inferior, el cheapo form of shopping.  Well, Blabby just took this to another level:  "What a dream I had last night!  I dreamt I had to buy Christmas gifts for the girls but I could only get them at THE GROCERY STORE!  Thank heaven for QVC!!"

She could have given the grocery store's job applications as gifts... 🤣

• Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Sorry, I should just let this go, but what Jane said about going to the grocery store was actually in very poor taste.

These days you've got lots of people who won't leave their homes, can't leave their homes, and are unemployed or underemployed.  Food bank use is through the roof.  There are plenty of them who would be delighted if someone took the time, spent his or her own money, and paid a visit to the grocery store on their behalf or gave them a grocery store gift card.

Edit:  I see the original post got changed to Drugstore.  My opinion expressed in the unedited paragraphs above still stands, because people need stuff from the Walgreens or the CVS too (and my local CVS has an ATM).

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

To quote Dan Aykroyd:  Jane, you ignorant slut.

The slut part is harsh, but when you say stupid shit it fits.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

43 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Pssst...Jane...

They sell gift cards at the grocery store.

Most of them also have something called an ATM.  Cash is always a nice gift.

*Sneaks away*

Sadly , that is rational and doesn’t support her narrative. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.