Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

9 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

A drag queen selling some cocktail nuts is a "debacle"?

I guess if you are looking for trouble watching a shopping channel from your hateful high horse, you might deem it so.

I just checked the posts and there is push back from posters who like Latrice and are glad she is representing squirrel brand, it gives me some hope.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

A drag queen selling some cocktail nuts is a "debacle"?

I guess if you are looking for trouble watching a shopping channel from your hateful high horse, you might deem it so.

Right ? And the presentation was really just pretty standard. Nothing risque or even any innuendo. I'm sure the fact that RuPaul's Drag Race was even mentioned was enough to set some people off. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I've watched RuPaul's Drag Race before but it has been years. I hadn't heard of Latrice but I've seen her in memes, waving her fan and saying "shade". 

I didn't know QVC had replaced their other Squirrel Brand OAP with Latrice. I was surprised for a few seconds to hear a deep voice I was unfamiliar with being the new OAP, so I looked over at my tv to see a woman's face to go with that deep voice. Mary mentioned RuPaul's Drag Race. I'm not shocked by her at all. For money, QVC is being forced to think outside their usual. What will QVC do next? 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TexasTiffany said:

I've watched RuPaul's Drag Race before but it has been years. I hadn't heard of Latrice but I've seen her in memes, waving her fan and saying "shade". 

I didn't know QVC had replaced their other Squirrel Brand OAP with Latrice. I was surprised for a few seconds to hear a deep voice I was unfamiliar with being the new OAP, so I looked over at my tv to see a woman's face to go with that deep voice. Mary mentioned RuPaul's Drag Race. I'm not shocked by her at all. For money, QVC is being forced to think outside their usual. What will QVC do next?

I get the sense that Squirrel made this variety under the Royale name like how Vintage Wine Estates will make wines with a celebrity's name on the label for Q to sell.

• Useful 3

Those threads lasted longer than I expected.  Usually they're *poofed* before I get a chance to read them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Pretty much all of the discussion threads on the QVC site have been closed or removed. Didn't take long. Kinda sad.

Well, the Mr. Pillow advocates had to chime in, like the situations were equivalent. Then we were off to the races, sigh. 😟

• Sad 8

There's actually a one-star review already posted for the product!

"..using a creepy trans freak of nature to generate sales."

Good reason to not allow a review before the item is shipped!

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

This is why we can’t have nice things. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Sigh... Do they get all bent out of shape too when RuPaul himself is on presenting his makeup ? Maybe not, since he is dressed "normally" as a man. 😕

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

Well, the Mr. Pillow advocates had to chime in, like the situations were equivalent. Then we were off to the races, sigh. 😟

what did i miss ???

i havent watched as much last week or so, but havent seen rachel?  on vacation ?

And I get banned for flagging a nasty comment over there as inappropriate! I’ve  never commented so it couldn’t have been that. 

• Surprise 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I wonder how a review for a product can be posted already since it was new today?

ETA - I just went over there and there are many, many reviews of Latrice, not the product. And just as @JohnnyStar5 said, they were not nice. Some were supportive - but not of the damn product!!!!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder how a review for a product can be posted already since it was new today?

Not sure, but I think sometimes they do pre-sales of products, and that would account for early reviews.

But QVC has always allowed people to post reviews of products they didn't buy. That makes no sense at all. You are supposed to use reviews to talk about your experience with the product, not post opinions on items you never bought.  That's what their forums are for -- a place to post your opinions, whether or not you made a purchase.

If QVC continues to allow those fake reviews, then they should follow Amazon's example and use the "Verified Purchase" notation whenever somebody really did buy the product.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I’m guessing that they don’t know that drag queens aren’t necessarily (or mostly) trans?  What a  bunch of uneducated losers.

• Like 14

I wonder if the name Ruby Royale came first and then there was a discussion about how to market it.

“Ruby Royale, it sounds like a drag queen!”

”OMG you’re right, like Latrice Royale?”

”Ha Ha yeah, imagine if we had Latrice promoting this for Squirrel...”

Lightbulbs go on around the virtual conference table 💡 

• Laugh 9

I looked into this and see that Squirrel commissioned an entire ad campaign for the product featuring Latrice, not just a Q appearance. 

Of course, the focus is social media, not broadcast TV, with lines like "put these nuts in your face!"

Given her huge number of followers it makes sense.  Very clever. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Just wait until it becomes clear to some of these people who are unhappy with Latrice presenting/having her own product find out that........David Venable is gay!

That won't be on their bingo cards, will it?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Whichever QVC buyer is obsessed with leggings/joggers in a pinkish/flesh color needs an intervention! It’s not flattering on any of the models.

B46B6EA8-693D-41D8-BA35-5E1CFE0162B2.thumb.jpeg.f6bfc920e039f27e26e17e04432a0942.jpeg

Say what you want about Alberti presenting women’s clothes, but he’s proof that the host of a fashion hour doesn’t have to model every item presented. I’m so sick of Amy, Jennifer, Kerstin and others putting on everything they’re selling and preening around the set. This is what the models are there for!! Alberti does a fine job presenting the item and letting the models do what they’re paid to do - wear the item.

• Like 22
  • Laugh 1

30 minutes ago, Booney said:

Whichever QVC buyer is obsessed with leggings/joggers in a pinkish/flesh color needs an intervention! It’s not flattering on any of the models.

B46B6EA8-693D-41D8-BA35-5E1CFE0162B2.thumb.jpeg.f6bfc920e039f27e26e17e04432a0942.jpeg

Say what you want about Alberti presenting women’s clothes, but he’s proof that the host of a fashion hour doesn’t have to model every item presented. I’m so sick of Amy, Jennifer, Kerstin and others putting on everything they’re selling and preening around the set. This is what the models are there for!! Alberti does a fine job presenting the item and letting the models do what they’re paid to do - wear the item.

And oh boy do those three preen !

They can’t wait to disclose their sizes and feel they are much more important to the clothing than the actual models...And heaven forbid it’s a plus size model, the first question out of their mouth’s is oh what size are you wearing ? So offensive...

And I completely agree about Alberti 

• Like 11

21 hours ago, Benji said:

Sigh... Do they get all bent out of shape too when RuPaul himself is on presenting his makeup ? Maybe not, since he is dressed "normally" as a man. 😕

Q viewers be like

IMG_1623.JPG

• Laugh 10

32 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

And oh boy do those three preen !

They can’t wait to disclose their sizes and feel they are much more important to the clothing than the actual models...And heaven forbid it’s a plus size model, the first question out of their mouth’s is oh what size are you wearing ? So offensive...

And I completely agree about Alberti 

I think they're asking the models what size they're wearing so the viewers can see what that size looks like on the model. As we all know by now, QVC tends to dress the models and hosts in clothing one or two sizes too small. So if you see one of them in tight clothing with the seams straining, you know to order up a size.

But I agree that the hosts often seem to be boasting about their small sizes. Yeah, they all wear XS. 😄

Also agree that Alberti does a great job presenting clothing.

• Like 11

Alberti is like David used to be, before he became the dancing bear that he is now. Has Alberti ever done jewelry? I’m sure he’d be quite good at it. 

• Like 10

Mary said she was wearing the tsv in a Medium and they looked like skin tight leggings. I thought the tsv was supposed to be on the loose side! Wonder what size theThree Musketeers are going to squeeze in to tonight?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 9

Did Mama Gendel raid Kalina’s closet? 

7339F4E8-824E-4336-8148-43277EF65763.thumb.jpeg.1312c6f163ba8b383bacd8aee62a0f51.jpeg

In this unfortunate shot, Mama Gendel appears to be holding up “the girls.”

075DD0BF-CA11-4A0E-A23B-4C93FCDAEEB3.thumb.jpeg.b5ed8ea7996723b14ac3a48588d528ec.jpeg

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5

48 minutes ago, Booney said:

Did Mama Gendel raid Kalina’s closet? 

7339F4E8-824E-4336-8148-43277EF65763.thumb.jpeg.1312c6f163ba8b383bacd8aee62a0f51.jpeg

In this unfortunate shot, Mama Gendel appears to be holding up “the girls.”

075DD0BF-CA11-4A0E-A23B-4C93FCDAEEB3.thumb.jpeg.b5ed8ea7996723b14ac3a48588d528ec.jpeg

Let me not describe the thinness of the underwear you peons are snapping up at an outrageous price!  Buy, buy, buy!

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 4

Furry boots.  BTW, did you know it’s snowing in Pennsylvania tonight???   Just in case you didn’t hear the 1000 mentions.  😂

Hope everyone stays safe.  Will Shawn make it in????????? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

I know it's furry boots. I was mocking them. 😃

Ames mentioned both CoKo and Skunk being on later, so I assume she managed to make it in.

• Like 2

Courtney is complaining about her under eye wrinkles, marionette lines, and jowls while presenting the Nu Face product.  What is she, all of 33?

She is still nasal from her recent plastic surgery, and I would not be surprised if she is contemplating more.

I'm hoping she is not scrutinizing her face to the point that she wants to erase everything on it.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Sad 7

8 hours ago, Booney said:

I call this “Ooops — I forgot my pants!”

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I saw Skunk selling a set of two Diamonique face masks, one plain and one embellished.  When they were showing the plain pink one, it looked just like a Breezies bra cup.  

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Well, they got rid of all the nasty Ruby Royale reviews...the only 1 star reviews state that they just didn't like previous Squirrel purchases.

All of the 5 star reviews praise Latrice and Q for reaching out, being inclusive, etc., etc.

However, the only product mentions are that it looks appetizing, will buy the product because of Latrice, like previous Squirrel Brand purchases....

• Like 5

I watched the re-run of Latrice’s nuts and this time focussed on the product. My oh my those were very small tins and not even filled to the top. For $47!!

• Surprise 3

Caro opened the show twirling and posing in her D&C duds. That last pose is the “Ooh, I have to pee” stance. Look out - capri/crop pants season is starting!

477D4368-3A2A-43C9-9A40-8F66D6EEA38F.thumb.jpeg.2570f96d0cef90c804c65d88fc1953f0.jpeg

6FCAED3E-9248-46B1-93A9-76CB7467DB31.thumb.jpeg.5a5e448a16ac80af4e63945abac93130.jpeg

32A1AC28-EE11-4764-9A05-4C5447125FF6.thumb.jpeg.eafdef140411850ff1e4f44b9a5bb2b9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

How many of the coveted millennials do you think are rushing to their tablets to order these D&C items? Fresh Take? I think not.

E4669E6D-3F0F-4E9D-95F8-703378D3E967.thumb.jpeg.5c84197de7a343d4b70af662e94f0bec.jpeg

316A86EE-5F2D-4B2D-B1D1-9B9F38323A47.thumb.jpeg.1315c20f0bef487ff4edbb42d7d5478e.jpeg

• Laugh 11
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

I'm Gen X and need smelling salts at the moment.  Top pic:  Are those PJs?  Bottom pic:  I don't need a floral arrangement around my hips.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Will go back to soothing baby pandas
  • Laugh 17

10 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm Gen X and need smelling salts at the moment.  Top pic:  Are those PJs?  Bottom pic:  I don't need a floral arrangement around my hips.

Oh dear God ! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

41 minutes ago, Booney said:

Caro opened the show twirling and posing in her D&C duds. That last pose is the “Ooh, I have to pee” stance. Look out - capri/crop pants season is starting!

477D4368-3A2A-43C9-9A40-8F66D6EEA38F.thumb.jpeg.2570f96d0cef90c804c65d88fc1953f0.jpeg

6FCAED3E-9248-46B1-93A9-76CB7467DB31.thumb.jpeg.5a5e448a16ac80af4e63945abac93130.jpeg

32A1AC28-EE11-4764-9A05-4C5447125FF6.thumb.jpeg.eafdef140411850ff1e4f44b9a5bb2b9.jpeg

I often wonder if she looks in the mirror and thinks this looks great, or is she just happy when something fits.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Caro and Gary were speaking in Nutsy and Acorn voices and wishing Punxsatawny Phil the groundhog a Happy Groundhog's Day!!  Cringe inducing!!

20210202_120015.thumb.jpg.0360dceb72a223660a544f0d0691b033.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Booney said:

How many of the coveted millennials do you think are rushing to their tablets to order these D&C items? Fresh Take? I think not.

E4669E6D-3F0F-4E9D-95F8-703378D3E967.thumb.jpeg.5c84197de7a343d4b70af662e94f0bec.jpeg

316A86EE-5F2D-4B2D-B1D1-9B9F38323A47.thumb.jpeg.1315c20f0bef487ff4edbb42d7d5478e.jpeg

Oh Cao, just NO NO NO.. Thank you all for getting a picture.  I wouldn't wear that to my mamas funeral party

Edited by Boston · Reason: NM
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Booney said:

If Q wants Latrice's fans to stick around, these screenshots are not how it's going to happen.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Just got an email from the Q on upcoming products. It took longer than I thought but they now have Origami. First time I've see that (at least in an email)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

12 hours ago, Burly said:

I watched the re-run of Latrice’s nuts and this time focussed on the product. My oh my those were very small tins and not even filled to the top. For $47!!

I know. I was thinking of buying it just to show support, but it's just too expensive. I'm curious to try ruby cacao, but cranberries aren't really my favorite. 

• Like 2

Wasn't it just the other day someone posted a pic of Caro where she looked really good- in clothing that fit and flattered her and the color was pretty and all that? Well the one above of the Denim and Co is NOT a good look. In any way.  And yet she CAN look good. 

And I love how she twirls and thinks she is the cat's meow.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.