Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

I tried to play around with Caro’s outfit when I saw it here. Meh. It was a lot of work for a not very improved look.

B1EAC4E8-0B8C-4EB6-B36F-627CC0FAD46D.thumb.jpeg.0d48c6a94a052c80322c7c184cb2fbb5.jpeg3F97F823-4053-46E6-B655-40D7CC9EB910.jpeg.08170fd2c8ef4f563e8e983053db38e7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6

54 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

I tried to play around with Caro’s outfit when I saw it here. Meh. It was a lot of work for a not very improved look.

B1EAC4E8-0B8C-4EB6-B36F-627CC0FAD46D.thumb.jpeg.0d48c6a94a052c80322c7c184cb2fbb5.jpeg3F97F823-4053-46E6-B655-40D7CC9EB910.jpeg.08170fd2c8ef4f563e8e983053db38e7.jpeg

The hair is a definite improvement.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Obviously, Caro has no gay male friends. 

Not even Angelo the stylist can save her....oh, wait - isn’t he the architect of this mess?

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

I'm kind of getting really bored with Coco and sick of hearing her complaining about how she is so over 2020 and ready for 2021 (like the new year is going to be like a flick of a switch) and how she can't take much more of pandemic life. She is sounding all too familiar to another host and it's not cute anymore. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7
  • Sad 4

I think I found Carolyn's jacket on the website: A307522 Du Jour Button Front Denim Jacket with Ruffle Back Detail. I don't like it, but many people do. It has 60 reviews with average 4.5 stars rating.

Carolyn just has to squeeze herself into impossibly small sizes in tops and jackets, which only makes her look bigger. Compare her to the plus size model. The model is also wearing a size too small (she would not be able to button the jacket without a struggle), but she looks much better than Carolyn. I still dislike the jacket on slender Deanna and Courtney, but they were wearing the right sizes and looked okay.

misc pics QVC fashion jacket denim DuJOur with ruffles 7 collage 1 8-13-20.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion jacket denim DuJOur with ruffles 8 collage 2 8-13-20.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Carolyn presented some animal figurines that included a squirrel, and of course she said she wanted to give one to Gary. She even joked that if they sold out, somebody should send one of theirs to him. H224263 Luminara Flameless Studded Harvest Animal Collection

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie squirrel figurine candle 8-13-20.jpg

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I'm kind of getting really bored with Coco and sick of hearing her complaining about how she is so over 2020 and ready for 2021 (like the new year is going to be like a flick of a switch) and how she can't take much more of pandemic life. She is sounding all too familiar to another host and it's not cute anymore. 

I'm getting sick of EVERYONE complaining about "pandemic life". Oh, what a shame that you actually have a nice home to be in and you're not out on the street or struggling to survive like a lot of people are, or actually DYING from this virus like hundreds of thousands of people are. You talk about overprivileged and spoiled people. A disease is tearing apart the entire world and they're just sad that they can't go to the beach.

• Like 22

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

aren't we all , get in line. 

she has a job and AFAIK none of her family have been sick or died

get over it, 

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

aren't we all , get in line. 

she has a job and AFAIK none of her family have been sick or died

get over it, 

Just another overprivileged and spoiled person who is more upset over their own inconvenience than the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are dying because of it.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

misc pics QVC fashion jacket denim DuJOur with ruffles 8 collage 2 8-13-20.jpg

Egad, the side view of Caro in that jacket is even worse than the front view!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7

Ha...Going to the grocery story is a big event...

Dress like this:

image.png.41cb23486f84ef788c4bb33c75313865.png

• Like 3
  • Laugh 12

QVC Big Deal

Leah called Lisa Rinna "our favorite housewife".

All of the hosts say it, so I guess it was a QVC mandated statement and probably not one that represents the actual feelings of many a viewer, including this one.

Leah asked Lisa Rinna how she came up with this design, a high-low plaid tunic that covers one's rump and then some.  She said she was inspired by a shirt one of her male celebrity friends had, and wanted to make something that would fit all of her ladies, referring to the size spectrum available.  Generously all-inclusive for a person who likes to discriminate against larger sized people in her spare time.

Thank goodness the strange combination of saccharine sweetness/pleasant, professional politeness was a quick exchange, but that segued into the next show with Kerstin, breathless over exercisewear, much like one would be when a piece of chocolate lava cake is delivered to one's table in a restaurant.

Oh no. More plaid. I had enough of the fall stuff yesterday with at least three different items offered with the vintage pickup truck hauling pumpkins theme.  Move over,  peplums and camo. There's a not so new darling in town to be done to death.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

Oh no. More plaid.

Wait for it:

image.png.833785f7730faec21e236ce4d3a39391.png

BTW: I own/wear plaid shirts...draw the line at plaid blazers/vests

Edited by artisto
  • Laugh 13

44 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

QVC Big Deal

Leah called Lisa Rinna "our favorite housewife".

All of the hosts say it, so I guess it was a QVC mandated statement and probably not one that represents the actual feelings of many a viewer, including this one.

Leah asked Lisa Rinna how she came up with this design, a high-low plaid tunic that covers one's rump and then some.  She said she was inspired by a shirt one of her male celebrity friends had, and wanted to make something that would fit all of her ladies, referring to the size spectrum available.  Generously all-inclusive for a person who likes to discriminate against larger sized people in her spare time.

Thank goodness the strange combination of saccharine sweetness/pleasant, professional politeness was a quick exchange, but that segued into the next show with Kerstin, breathless over exercisewear, much like one would be when a piece of chocolate lava cake is delivered to one's table in a restaurant.

Oh no. More plaid. I had enough of the fall stuff yesterday with at least three different items offered with the vintage pickup truck hauling pumpkins theme.  Move over,  peplums and camo. There's a not so new darling in town to be done to death.

different view, I kinda sorta like the Rinna plaid shirt, the colors and plaid are subtle but it's too long for me 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She should call Katie McGee (Her husband was in the hospital with covid 19) and see how over it she is.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 6

I like Courtney K and hope she isn’t taking cues from Shawn.  
Maybe she thinks it is a way of relating to the viewer who is bored at home.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, artisto said:

Wait for it:

image.png.833785f7730faec21e236ce4d3a39391.png

BTW: I own/wear plaid shirts...draw the line at plaid blazers/vests

While she is wearing this she will be juggling squirrels , it’ll be great ! 🤡

• Laugh 11

I was actually referring more to the ubiquitousness of the vintage trucks than the plaid of which I also have a few shirts. But really just the whole idea of pushing fall on us, though that usually is par for the course this time of year.  If predictions are correct, it's not going to be all pretty leaves and pumpkin picking.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I was actually referring more to the ubiquitousness of the vintage trucks than the plaid of which I also have a few shirts. But really just the whole idea of pushing fall on us, though that usually is par for the course this time of year.  If predictions are correct, it's not going to be all pretty leaves and pumpkin picking.

usually the push for fall stuff is on right now,  I think the disconnect is just "whatsgoingon, timeswelivein"  and in reality buying new stuff is not important or not going to be used right now, so it's more glaring and annoying than usual

• Like 8

Re: Rinna, L.

Plaid shirt, QVC

- Have legal secure a release for wearing QVC shirt in ad for new endorsement. Must be signed off on by all parties. ASAP 

- Also, check Trdmk, Intel Prop, for “perfect pucker”

Thank you.

Call me. On the Island this weekend. Closing on the house in Bridgehampton today, as you know.

DA637C6E-6DB4-459E-9371-04F230343F83.thumb.jpeg.66c4ba66f7dfe087ef96ab690f5c48b0.jpeg

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Laugh 10

Kerstin has such an overwhelming desire to preach and according to her "serve others", maybe she should serve herself for a change and seek employment on one of the religion channels.

Maybe she wouldn't be searching for the pockets of happy she is constantly talking about.

She's having a mini breakdown right now, talking a mile a minute about her faith saving her from fear.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 4

45 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Kerstin has such an overwhelming desire to preach and according to her "serve others", maybe she should serve herself for a change and seek employment on one of the religion channels.

Maybe she wouldn't be searching for the pockets of happy she is constantly talking about.

She's having a mini breakdown right now, talking a mile a minute about her faith saving her from fear.

What’s she afraid of? An out of control encounter with a bag of Cheetos? 

• Laugh 15

F24-A7534-BA8-D-4949-89-F5-95286-CC5565-These two creep me out. She’s either gazing at him, or nodding like a demented car ornament. Are they related? Please don’t tellme they’re siblings because the vibe I get off them is  waaaaaay off brother/sister. 

61-FA0-A0-F-D3-E2-4-DB5-A7-A8-87330-F085

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 3

8 minutes ago, Burly said:

F24-A7534-BA8-D-4949-89-F5-95286-CC5565-These two creep me out. She’s either gazing at him, or nodding like a demented car ornament. Are they related? Please don’t tellme they’re siblings because the vibe I get off them is  waaaaaay off brother/sister. 

61-FA0-A0-F-D3-E2-4-DB5-A7-A8-87330-F085

@Burly  I'm with you on that creepy family,  they give me such a dishonest vibe   Carnival Barker types 

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

i bailed/baled just when she started with that show,

then sat down and put on the TV the rep was talking about "not believing the lies they tell us " etc and changed the channel pronto 

• Surprise 5

9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

@Burly  I'm with you on that creepy family,  they give me such a dishonest vibe   Carnival Barker types 

then sat down and put on the TV the rep was talking about "not believing the lies they tell us " etc and changed the channel pronto 

I heard that, too. Not going there with them. And they shouldn't be going there either.

Somebody needs to steer that ship. Pronto. Otherwise instead of "click" it's going to be unplug.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

20 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

She reminds me of Winona Ryder in the shoplifting days. 

• Laugh 9

David's Great Big Boring Harvest.

"These ghosts have my heart"

Then he pretended to order from his mobile app.

@Booney, Rick couldn't contain himself:  "We've teased you enough about them -- here come THE GLITTER DOMES!!!"

• Laugh 10

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Kristin I don't need you humblebragging and preaching about a BC walk thanks

Did she happen to mention the fact that at least one, and I believe two, of her fellow hosts are breast cancer survivors?

• Useful 5

1 minute ago, Bronx Babe said:

David's Great Big Boring Harvest.

"These ghosts have my heart"

Then he pretended to order from his mobile app.

Last night, David was hysterically laughing over wicked witch legs.  Overkill.

I saw Rick pretend order the other day.

New sales tactic, I guess.  Tacky.

Memo must have gone out to hosts.

• Like 7

Yes, @CandyApple!  David was doing what I call the "dolphin laugh" over those legs as though he'd never ever seen them before in any other "iteration".

Ugh, Rick "ordering" too?  I missed that, thankfully.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Burly said:

What’s she afraid of? An out of control encounter with a bag of Cheetos? 

Thank you for your post.  I laughed like I haven't laughed in awhile!  I needed that!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Yes, @CandyApple!  David was doing what I call the "dolphin laugh" over those legs as though he'd never ever seen them before in any other "iteration".

Perfect description of his laugh, @Bronx Babe!  Maybe that will be his new defining thing since he can't taste the food and do his Happy Dance.

Yes!  Rick, too!  A set of Lenox bone china dinnerware.  It surprised me.  I thought it was a no-no to order on air.

No more pining to order things while working.  Just go for it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks, @CandyApple.  

Yet they're so transparent about it all -- I mean, who could even fake-believe (masculine and feminine stereotypes aside) that a "regular guy" like Rick would be ordering bone china dinnerware?  

• Like 6

Schmoozerlyn:  "Hi, Linda!"

Caller:  "It's Belinda"

Schmoozerlyn:  "Welcome!"

Then:  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH, until Caller mentions her grandson Ty.

Schmoozerlyn:  "What's his full name, Belinda -- Tyler perhaps?"

Caller:  "No, it's Ty"

• Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Bronx Babe said:

Thanks, @CandyApple.  

Yet they're so transparent about it all -- I mean, who could even fake-believe (masculine and feminine stereotypes aside) that a "regular guy" like Rick would be ordering bone china dinnerware?  

I guess he was trying to flex his rusty acting chops.  But he never tries hard enough to convince me of anything.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Schmoozerlyn:  "Hi, Linda!"

Caller:  "It's Belinda"

Schmoozerlyn:  "Welcome!"

Then:  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH, until Caller mentions her grandson Ty.

Schmoozerlyn:  "What's his full name, Belinda -- Tyler perhaps?"

Caller:  "No, it's Ty"

First we have Aims who must shorten every name she hears; now we have Carolyn trying to lengthen them.

Why not just call people by the names they tell you?  

On a side note, I have a name that lends itself to many shortened versions, but I go by my full first name.  If I wanted to be called by one of the nicknames, I would introduce myself with that version.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

what's the dolphin laugh

Watched Szish last night...

Why was annoying a$$ Gravelle the Skype host ?

Szish didn't need her and she was clueless. Not in a good way. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

thats so weirdly gross 

The laugh or the legs?

He started the presentation by saying the witch legs were "remarkable".  

• Laugh 5

2 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

The laugh or the legs?

He started the presentation by saying the witch legs were "remarkable".  

all of it,

$ to donuts there will be santa legs in our future

• Laugh 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.