Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Just now, AuntCarol said:

I think she should work with her naturally curly hair. Just gel it or whatever and have that be her style. Why do women with curly hair always style it straight.  And then women like me curl my hair and used to get perms to get curly hair instead of straight.  

It also looks like she had a mini eye lift between the two pictures!  Upper lids hanging and then like magic lids appear!

as a person with curly wavy hair , it only looks nice for about 10 mins, and now I am growing out my color, I find I need to have a good styling ,

I think she looks nice with that pic on the right,  and some of her other looks  with the curly are OK, she can do it to look good but I suspect theres a lot of work into getting it right . 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 4:19 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

GP was on 1am to 3am today. She needs to kiss up more to get onto primetime.

They said Terri is on vacation when Elise filled in. Vacation from what?  

Found this by mistake. It's funny because Terri is on vacation again after coming back from vacation 2 weeks ago. She even giggled when she mentioned it. The host get a lot of vacation time but they do hours on hours of on air hosting. Terri is lucky if she gets 4 hours a week. I still don't get why she is still there if she is only doing an hour a day (sometimes 2) Mon-Fri. I could understand maybe 12-3pm but she doesn't even get that. It's very odd.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 7

I noticed most of the hosts are already saying they are ready for Fall and Fall fashions and even closed toe shoes and boots!  That didn't take long!  Only about 6 wks into the season and they are ready to move on.  They were pounding Summer and that dumb Summer promotion into every sales pitch (I forget what it was it was that bad) for the entire Spring!!  Even IM is into pumpkin picking now and talking about because it's something you can do outdoors and safe in a pandemic!!  How many times do people really go pumpkin picking and need to buy a special outfit for it?    

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

OAP Chris Pryne seems genuinely excited about Lock & Lock.

Rick?  Not as much.  Probably at least happy he's been getting the afternoon slot he wanted, though.

Not sure why they didn't get David into the studio for this presentation.  There were at least 15 colors of the pie carrier with handle.

He must be busy doing some deep meditating, getting ready to be ok with not eating any of the food in his show later.

His mantra:  namastaste nothing tonight, namastaste nothing tonight...

As protruding as his stomach is, he did look a bit more narrow when last I saw him, so I think putting the kibosh on eating studio food is helping with some weight loss.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

sorry if this has been discussed, I can't keep up with the forum lately, but gourmet holiday just started and Alberti and Rachel are drinking wine. 

Why is wine ok but it's not ok to eat?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

On 7/19/2019 at 8:36 PM, Booney said:

Bwaahaha - this is great, and hilarious!. Austin Powers Sr.!

Cheeky baby

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Why is Q so afraid to show 2 hosts (socially distanced) together?  Every local news show here now has the 2 anchors back in studio, but spaced out, with the meteorologist nearby.  I don't get it.

• Like 6

I figure the PTB pair Rachel and Alberti together on Gourmet Holiday because they know the two of them annoy the hell out of us.  There's also a part of me that understands why they're not able to eat the food because of the amount of "droplets" in the air after all of their over-the-top hawking of the food at hand.

• Like 6

Rachel:  "I'm a carnivore and proud of it." 

Does it take a special skill to eat meat?

In the wise words of Gwen Stefani:  Don't speak....

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, 1024amii said:

sorry if this has been discussed, I can't keep up with the forum lately, but gourmet holiday just started and Alberti and Rachel are drinking wine. 

Why is wine ok but it's not ok to eat?

Wine is always OK 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

51 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Why is Q so afraid to show 2 hosts (socially distanced) together?  Every local news show here now has the 2 anchors back in studio, but spaced out, with the meteorologist nearby.  I don't get it.

JTV has had two hosts together all along. They have a long L-shaped desk, so the hosts can sit six to eight feet apart and still talk together. QVC could do that. They have gigantic studio sets, so if JTV can do it with small cramped sets, QVC could certainly do it with their big sets.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Because they are always behind the 8 Ball, day late $ short 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

With all of Alberti's braying, six feet of distance is definitely not enough!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Oh, my Chef Tony has lost weight (or been sick...cause he's also looking a big older, too).

A far amount of weight loss can do that to you also.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Maybe they figure it would be hard for hosts to stay 6 feet apart, when they are moving around a lot.  We see it already with the models.  Hell, I catch myself getting too close, just talking to the neighbors.

Not a big deal to me.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Rachel:  "I'm a carnivore and proud of it." 

Does it take a special skill to eat meat?

In the wise words of Gwen Stefani:  Don't speak....

Sounds like a dig at vegans and vegetarians. 

I can't remember the last time I actually watched the Q. A couple days ago I flipped over and before the video even connected I could hear Amy's screeching away. I immediately bailed. Are they filtering Adderall through the ventilation system there? All the hosts are manic.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Sounds like a dig at vegans and vegetarians. 

I can't remember the last time I actually watched the Q. A couple days ago I flipped over and before the video even connected I could hear Amy's screeching away. I immediately bailed. Are they filtering Adderall through the ventilation system there? All the hosts are manic.

That last part? Thanks for the hearty laugh! 😊

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Even IM is into pumpkin picking now and talking about because it's something you can do outdoors and safe in a pandemic!!  How many times do people really go pumpkin picking and need to buy a special outfit for it?    

This is what pumpkin picking looks like now. 

aa pumpkin mask.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

10 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Julia Cearly (sp?) is now the social media host for Wednesday ITKWD.

Click.

I saw that too, and my immediate reaction was NOPE.  I guess the Q is trying to have her ride on the popularity of DV so that people might warm up to her, but I don't think it's going to work.

• Like 14
  • Useful 2

11 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Julia Cearly (sp?) is now the social media host for Wednesday ITKWD.

Click.

Can you believe that!!! Who does she know...

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 13

Marla Wynne has an orange yellow color in her palette called "ochre". But every host who ever presents it calls it "okra", which would obviously be more green. Happened today with Debbie Denmon, and Marla finally decided to correct the mistake. Debbie still couldn't pronounce it and called it "oak-ree".

Reminds me of the oblivious Patti Reilly, who, for the life of her, did not know what alpaca was when presenting a coat.

It's like these hosts are living under rocks.

* Marla left NYC for six months and relocated to Denver where her son lives. Seems like he is helping with the production of her shows. Nice, cute guy.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

9 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

Can you believe that! I Who does she know...

This is such depressing news.  First they dump Stacey and now we know why.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

that ignorance of things like "ochre" or "alpaca"  makes me nuts,  it's understandable that term might be new to you, what is not , is not picking up your phone and finding out

• Like 7

Noteworthy that they have Graver sitting in an armchair.  Guess someone higher-up decided that allowing her to stand alongside a rack of clothes in her foyer and out-host the host was a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

With all due respect, Elle820...I think you misspelled the last word  🤭

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

With all due respect, Elle820...I think you misspelled the last word  🤭

FAUXblo, FAUXblo, FAUXblo...  🙂

• Laugh 16

Last night was the first time I've seen Sandra's new show "Authentic Living with Sandra". What does that even mean? It should have been named "Sandra's Big Fat Sampler Show"? TSV storage boxes. Bedding. Plants. Hand sanitizer. Face primer. A mix of whatever. 

I was watching for Phillip Watson. He posted on FB that he'd be on offering jade plants. I suffered through Sandra for 30+ minutes of the TSV and finally had to change the channel. She was unprepared and yelling at times. By the time I remember Phillip, the show was over. I looked online. Roberta's was on, too. Both had house plants. 

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Last night was the first time I've seen Sandra's new show "Authentic Living with Sandra". What does that even mean? It should have been named "Sandra's Big Fat Sampler Show"? TSV storage boxes. Bedding. Plants. Hand sanitizer. Face primer. A mix of whatever. 

I was watching for Phillip Watson. He posted on FB that he'd be on offering jade plants. I suffered through Sandra for 30+ minutes of the TSV and finally had to change the channel. She was unprepared and yelling at times. By the time I remember Phillip, the show was over. I looked online. Roberta's was on, too. Both had house plants. 

As opposed to what? Fake living? Oy. I agree, it's a stupid name. 

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 16

I didn't realize Sandra had her own show. She has bored me to sleep many a time over the years.

I just did a search about Sandra's Authentic Living, and here's what came up:

"Live your best life with ideas from host Sandra Bennett"

Products:  TSV collapsible storage boxes, LED light bulbs, hand sanitizer, mattress pad, super size Laura Geller spackle, Berkshire blanket, set of 2 floating shelves, Northern Nights pillow, and a set of 2 battery back up light bulb power caps.  

💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤   💤 

😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴 😴  😴  😴

• Like 4
  • Laugh 14

16 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

As opposed to what? Fake living? Oy. I agree, it's a stupid name. 

Especially as she’s is one dimensional to me and somewhat fake

• Like 13

Sandra's hair or face doesn't even move anymore.  Only her mouth moves a little and she barely blinks her eyes!  Not even one character line!

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Sandra's hair or face doesn't even move anymore.  Only her mouth moves a little and she barely blinks her eyes!  Not even one character line!

18 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Especially as she’s is one dimensional to me and somewhat fake

I have to agree with both statements. And I have always quietly tried to hold out some hope that there would be some significant plus to Sandra Bennett’s presence. But there is something wooden about her, something severe.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Does Ali Carr always sport reverse raccoon eyes? The amount of concealer/highlighter she's wearing is distracting. If they dimmed the studio lights, you could still see her face, glowing like a full moon.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

The Graver tsv is a blazar!! Just what I want to wear and need in quarantine or working from home! Graver says "it's all about the blazar!"  Szish says to get rid of your denim jackets and buy blazars!!!  I think she may get reported for suggesting that.  I think this tsv is just bad timing!! 

• Like 10

Is this the first time Szish has kicked off a TSV? She usually pulls the late shift.

• Like 3

Blazers instead of a bazillion denim jackets on QVC? That'll be the day.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I was working in my kitchen when Susan Graver kept talking about her "plastic blazer tsv". You need this plastic blazer.You'll love this plastic blazer. You can wear a plastic blazer with a million things. On and on she went. A plastic blazer? Is that a new thing to protect us from the corona virus? I better go to the living room and find out. Oh! Susan is saying CLASSIC blazer. Susan makes it sound like plastic. 

Szish is on with Dennis Basso AND Laurie Felt skyping. Time to change the channel. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Laugh 7

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Szish says to get rid of your denim jackets and buy blazars!!!  I think she may get reported for suggesting that. 

I'm sure when she uttered this phrase, there was a collective gasp!

Wow, Amy Stran on first thing in the morning. I can't remember the last time I saw her on this early.

• Like 9

Well, Susan herself just stole Katrina's suggestion to replace all your denim jackets with the blazer. I see multiple layoffs coming if someone doesn't put a stop to this!

• Laugh 10

13 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Well, Susan herself just stole Katrina's suggestion to replace all your denim jackets with the blazer. I see multiple layoffs coming if someone doesn't put a stop to this!

Maybe they've finally reached the bottom of that Denim Jackets R Us warehouse.

• Laugh 13

PJD just said to buy the tsv blazar for when you re-enter that workplace!  Even if it's next year!!  

Graver said wear it for New Year's Eve!!! LOL!!!

They are putting together all kind of business suit looks!!  Ack!!  

I haven't listened long enough to hear if they said to wear it to your next zoom meeting!!!  

I doubt they will suggest wearing it to the movies or restaurants (these days) like they used to with their famous cardigans!!

They were all dressed for an 80s board meeting today!! 

387367488_Screenshot2020-08-07at12_00_51PM.thumb.png.8b98befa4e6e9f13b898c0283c189f6e.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 3

PJD said Angelo dug up the leopard pumps to match the blazar.  So I guess he's still employed!!

615610615_Screenshot2020-08-07at12_08_48PM.png.d1018176225e0f42bb9c2bfd8e1929e8.png

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

My DirectTV menu is only displaying “shopping” in almost every Q time slot instead of the brand or subject. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Maybe because it’s turned into the “Graver Channel”...just like ShopHQ is the “Dr. Dubrow Channel”. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I wonder if Isaac caught the show.  He frequently tells us we need a denim jacket.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

PJD said Angelo dug up the leopard pumps to match the blazar.  So I guess he's still employed!!

615610615_Screenshot2020-08-07at12_08_48PM.png.d1018176225e0f42bb9c2bfd8e1929e8.png

i love animals prints but I wouldn't do shoes and jacket matching like that

• Like 9

Did anyone see this! Guy Yovan on his HSN Fall preview show had stuffed squirrel mascots!

I wonder if it was done to mock their popularity up north or if someone in charge demanded it?  It was ridiculous. 

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.