Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

14 hours ago, Booney said:

Good grief, they’re still trying to unload these dreadful AnyBody rompers. This thing should have “perpetual contender” status in the fashion polls.

CA9C5448-076F-42F1-B3BF-079AECE275B4.thumb.jpeg.4f29e3dc00d92781175cd4ad78af53ea.jpeg

I have a similar jumpsuit from Target , it is easy to wear and fun 

• Like 2

I highly suggest everyone take a moment to review the forum rules.  They are linked here.

Thank you.

Caro in a DJ RUS & PUC (Popped Up Collar) this morning. Her hair is a hot mess.

4470C09D-F06C-44E1-9AA0-6279D76FF52F.thumb.jpeg.07a835e204e3962f205bc88760134596.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4

Carolyn’s Before and After using the TSV “FAUXblo.” Not much of a difference to my eye. The After is a little poufier on top, but that’s about it. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the product.

Btw, who came up with the name “FAUXblo?” I could make a couple of jokes that play on that name, but I won’t go there. 🙂 

AB7974E5-AEC2-4D8D-8461-E81B0317BD9C.thumb.jpeg.df017dda90630ca990ddf8c2ab196d4c.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Great job on the new Tova.  I love Tova 3.

Today's TSV, I purchased a brush from Amazon that looks nearly the same as the Calista, minus the fancy colors, for $ 24.99. 

I still can't figure out what's going on there.  All you hear them say is " This is your only chance to buy this. No other chance this year."  And they seem to have so little product.  Yesterday during Quacker, it seemed like there were very few choices in every size.  Maybe Q has told vendors not to produce as many items because they don't want stuff piling up in their warehouses.  

Everyone on the East Coast, please stay safe. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Today's TSV, I purchased a brush from Amazon that looks nearly the same as the Calista, minus the fancy colors, for $ 24.99. 

I still can't figure out what's going on there.  All you hear them say is " This is your only chance to buy this. No other chance this year."  And they seem to have so little product.  Yesterday during Quacker, it seemed like there were very few choices in every size.  Maybe Q has told vendors not to produce as many items because they don't want stuff piling up in their warehouses.  

Everyone on the East Coast, please stay safe. 

The other day someone (sorry, can't remember who) posted that Lori G. had said that prior to CD-19 she had been told to bring in less quantities of her clothing.  The poster also noted clothing is one of the weaker sales areas for Q (which is true).  So it's likely a combination of less quantities of new clothing items being ordered plus over half a year and counting of difficulty in getting those items produced and shipped here, which also means they have to find old stuff to sell in whatever quantities they have just to fill the time.  And it's happening across the board:  For example, how many CIJ items looked awfully familiar? 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

9 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

78D4A660-3EB3-4087-AF56-C3D1B1548C81.thumb.jpeg.2ab151456532e698f4558dff6232ac6d.jpegA7B0CF2A-1D58-424A-B85A-A98E29BA08CD.thumb.jpeg.fccf20beca538db56adcb633297f0c9e.jpegB538EFB7-F7C2-4C24-8C86-3A22C0B541A8.jpeg.75b235c40db4b937f7abd74aa4d370ef.jpeg

Would you like to pick a Tova?

Any hair without actual stripes is an improvement.

But #3 Tova looks best.

Looks like she knows it, too!

• Like 8

Carolyn just had Nutsy announce how many were left in the gold color of A-388151 (yes, she did the "Nutsy" voice).  She then noted she'd probably get in trouble for that.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

oday's TSV, I purchased a brush from Amazon that looks nearly the same as the Calista, minus the fancy colors, for $ 24.99. 

I was going to make a similar post,  I am sure they are all the same but with different names/colors

guess that is a free market 

• Like 3

I notice Sandra isn't even trying to use the roller brush TSV to put a curl in her hair.  I have a feeling her hair is the type that can't hold a curl from any kind of curling iron longer than a couple minutes without hairspray, so if she did try it would be limp in no time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I also think Sandra layers in extensions.  One wrong move and they will probably fall out especially if they are the extensions are on a string like the real hair extensions she said she used that they sold on QVC once.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 5

D&C caller:  "I love Nutsy and Acorn!"

Carolyn (with barely concealed hostility to those who do not):  "See, here's a fan"

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

posted that Lori G. had said that prior to CD-19 she had been told to bring in less quantities of her clothing.

hmm side eye.  I don't think she makes the final call on what quantities to bring in the Q,  they probably own her brand and deal with the manufacturing end 

46 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

hmm side eye.  I don't think she makes the final call on what quantities to bring in the Q,  they probably own her brand and deal with the manufacturing end 

Oh, I could see the Q telling people to limit the quantities of items, especially if they know clothing isn’t a great seller. 

Just read an article about Lori where she was quoted as saying that people who look down on QVC fashion are probably jealous and “I can see no difference between QVC and Bergdorf Goodman”.  Really??  Seriously?  Does anyone here think that you’d see Quacker Factory at Bergdorf’s, when Bergdorf’s still existed? 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 5

Maybe Caro was watching the Cuddl Duds show and ordered the sleep dress with the squirrel pattern.  And maybe she ordered one for Gary, so they could share the vibe when the lights go out .  

Sorry...that’s just too much to take in  🤦‍♀️

PS...Caro looked pretty rough on her shows today

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

4 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Oh, I could see the Q telling people to limit the quantities of items, especially if they know clothing isn’t a great seller. 

Just read an article about Lori where she was quoted as saying that people who look down on QVC fashion are probably jealous and “I can see no difference between QVC and Bergdorf Goodman”.  Really??  Seriously?  Does anyone here think that you’d see Quacker Factory at Bergdorf’s, when Bergdorf’s still existed? 

I went into Bergdorf's once when I first moved to NYC.  Got some side eye and a vibe that I shouldn't be in there (probably looked like a tourist) so I left and never went back.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

“I can see no difference between QVC and Bergdorf Goodman”

Lori is delusional if she sees no difference between the Q and Bergdorf’s. She knows better. 

21 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

when Bergdorf’s still existed? 

Probably not doing very well, but it still exists!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

KLTS, I have thought about the TSV. What do you think of the one you bought?

OMG, call the police!  Rachel just drank some bone broth, right smack dab on the air!  Call the Q police !!  

What the hell is bone broth?  I make homemade soup from scratch all the time, but I’ve never heard of bone broth.  Is it akin to those dried beef and chicken cubes that some use for soup?

3 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

KLTS, I have thought about the TSV. What do you think of the one you bought?

I love mine, so much so that I have two, one that I permanently keep in my luggage for travel, and the main one.  

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

17 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

OMG, call the police!  Rachel just drank some bone broth, right smack dab on the air!  Call the Q police !! 

What the hell is bone broth?  I make homemade soup from scratch all the time, but I’ve never heard of bone broth.  Is it akin to those dried beef and chicken cubes that some use for soup?

Not the cubes.  It's stock, but made with a focus on using meatier bones and marrow bones.  Chicken (often recipes call for the whole thing to be dumped in the pot) and beef are the most popular but you can use pork and even fish.  Take the bones, add Mirepoix and any aromatics you want, add water, and many hours later (unless you use a faster method), you have bone broth.  It's popular these days particularly in the Keto community for the collagen content, and is said to help with inflammation and provide nutrients like calcium, magnesium, and potassium.  It's also useful to have around if you're feeling unwell as a quick alternative to chicken noodle soup.

You can also buy it already-made liquid form at the grocery store.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Mary D. was pulling apart a Swiss Rosti and the melted cheese inside formed a string that resembled a jump rope.

Mary could not close her mouth, looking wide-eyed from one end to the other.

It rivaled, almost surpassed David's astonished face when he tastes the mac and cheese out of a Temptations steaming casserole dish.

These people act like they have never seen cheese before.

Get over it.  You know full well there will be more tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Carolyn just had Nutsy announce how many were left in the gold color of A-388151 (yes, she did the "Nutsy" voice).  She then noted she'd probably get in trouble for that.

3 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

D&C caller:  "I love Nutsy and Acorn!"

Carolyn (with barely concealed hostility to those who do not):  "See, here's a fan"

So, basically she knows that most viewers aren’t fans of Nutsy and Acorn, and she could get in trouble for continuing to showcase Nutsy and the Nutsy voice, yet she still keeps doing it? The only explanation...

F7F6E65C-12B8-4871-B3B2-14FB488A78B6.thumb.jpeg.121acfdfe35af6ed6ca6f64659490c10.jpeg

• Laugh 12

17 minutes ago, Booney said:

So, basically she knows that most viewers aren’t fans of Nutsy and Acorn, and she could get in trouble for continuing to showcase Nutsy and the Nutsy voice, yet she still keeps doing it? The only explanation...

F7F6E65C-12B8-4871-B3B2-14FB488A78B6.thumb.jpeg.121acfdfe35af6ed6ca6f64659490c10.jpeg

Caro is just an older Skunky who is going to do as she pleases, no matter what.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Great Gourmet Traditional Crab Cakes

Mary said they are a "Big Ol' Hot Pick jammed with crab".

Sounds delightfully delicate, Mary.

Now Marie Louise Ludwig is the OAP for this, so I'm guessing no actual affiliation with the company?

They like to play pretend on here. 

• Laugh 2

Why do the hosts always squeeze their meat, so to speak, even when it looks disgusting?  Right now they’re squeezing bacon wrapped chicken breasts, stuffed with Swiss cheese (from Wisconsin, as the OAP is constantly saying) and to say it looks gross is an understatement.   It looks like something from Dr Pimple Popper.  Major yuck. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

KLtS...I have ordered these in the past and they are delicious. However, today, at $13+ per serving (and I will admit they are rich enough for two people) I do not find “ooozing goo” incentive to reorder. WHEN are these presenters going to get that all the mushing, smushing, squeezing and bleeding of product is a TURN OFF...not an incentive to buy? 🤢

• Like 5

Well, with the Heartland Fresh Breaded Pork Tenderloins (M-65214), Rachel doesn't need to bother to squeeze them because they've been cooked dry.

3 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

KLtS...I have ordered these in the past and they are delicious. However, today, at $13+ per serving (and I will admit they are rich enough for two people) I do not find “ooozing goo” incentive to reorder. WHEN are these presenters going to get that all the mushing, smushing, squeezing and bleeding of product is a TURN OFF...not an incentive to buy? 🤢

👆

• Laugh 2

On 8/3/2020 at 12:33 AM, Court said:

These readers, would they fit kids? Why am I considering this?

I’ll bite. Why are considering this?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

If your head is the size of Ade's they'll fit. If it's the size of Jacqui's, they'll be too small.

186192658_prglasses001.thumb.PNG.6ac0823dcac87d89d1b9eb56f835d2fb.PNG

• Like 6
  • Useful 6
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

Caro is just an older Skunky who is going to do as she pleases, no matter what.

I do what I want 

cartman-whatever-i-do-what-i-want-gif-5.

@RubberbandGirl  so much easier  

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Dear heavens, the squeezing of the Leonetti's Strombolis by both Mary and Rachel is going way too far.

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

25 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

best guess

for kids doing virtual school on computer all day 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

23 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Don’t these models know that when you put on a pair of pants, and you can’t pull most of it above your knees, the pants are too small.  Lumberjackie has a pair of very tight white pants that are totally bunched below her knees.  Yuck

Will someone please hire a speech coach for these hosts?  Last night Princess Jasmine/Lily Munster kept saying the TSV glasses were so impordant.  There’s no freaking D in important.  

B4B8464E-C0F9-44BC-807C-45CD4EB94993.thumb.jpeg.940f9a0f7f9d5bcbc00aed03e49384aa.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

Blabby sans makeup. I’m not sure why she felt she needed to go without makeup to show her “before” hair (she’s presenting the FAUXblo), but there you go. Maybe the FAUXblo does your makeup too? I just love saying FAUXblo. Tongue twister - say FAUXblo three times. FAUXblo, FAUXblo, FAUXblo!

7194F9E6-3045-4674-807E-04F98DCE5392.thumb.jpeg.37bc0b896b1f37530cf6c36bafd3e5c6.jpeg

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 11

23 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Don’t these models know that when you put on a pair of pants, and you can’t pull most of it above your knees, the pants are too small.  Lumberjackie has a pair of very tight white pants that are totally bunched below her knees.  Yuck

Will someone please hire a speech coach for these hosts?  Last night Princess Jasmine/Lily Munster kept saying the TSV glasses were so impordant.  There’s no freaking D in important.  

31 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

B4B8464E-C0F9-44BC-807C-45CD4EB94993.thumb.jpeg.940f9a0f7f9d5bcbc00aed03e49384aa.jpeg

1421808988_lilyglasses.png.9deb7e0c337d31cf15a9f2feaca3447b.png

• Laugh 10

10 minutes ago, Booney said:

Blabby sans makeup. I’m not sure why she felt she needed to go without makeup to show her “before” hair (she’s presenting the FAUXblo), but there you go. Maybe the FAUXblo does your makeup too? I just love saying FAUXblo. Tongue twister - say FAUXblo three times. FAUXblo, FAUXblo, FAUXblo!

7194F9E6-3045-4674-807E-04F98DCE5392.thumb.jpeg.37bc0b896b1f37530cf6c36bafd3e5c6.jpeg

FAUXblo FAUXblo FAUXblo

Definitely easier to write than to say.

Blabby looks very youthful without makeup and looks nice with the makeup on the right, too. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

FAUXblo FAUXblo FAUXblo

Definitely easier to write than to say.

Blabby looks very youthful without makeup and looks nice with the makeup on the right, too. 

I really like the after hair.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I really like the after hair.

I agree with the comments here about Blabs. It’s almost a Kristofer Buckle application. Who did her make up? 

• Like 3

Speaking of before and afters, this is actually Caro’s ‘before’ to which I edited in my own ‘after’.

• whitened teeth
  • trimmed hair
  • evened and enhanced brows
  • added earrings
  • added some eye makeup (actually enhance her lashes)

9BAE8F30-06A3-451E-B231-E65D70D802A1.thumb.jpeg.18b1a5729dffbca7155a4fd05bdaed49.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Surprise 3

2 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Speaking of before and afters, this is actually Caro’s ‘before’ to which I edited in my own ‘after’.

• whitened teeth
  • trimmed hair
  • evened and enhanced brows
  • added earrings
  • added some eye makeup (actually enhance her lashes)

9BAE8F30-06A3-451E-B231-E65D70D802A1.thumb.jpeg.18b1a5729dffbca7155a4fd05bdaed49.jpeg

That's incredible! She looks so much better with your alterations. Those are simple improvements she could make.

• Like 5

Just now, Coffeecup said:

That's incredible! She looks so much better with your alterations. Those are simple improvements she could make.

Thanks.
I think Caro could do with some sprucing up (as could I). And I didn’t make any changes to slim her neck, or take anything off her jaw bone  etc. 

• Like 2

Speaking of oily, Josie looks even greasier than usual. And her face is a different color than her body. Did she forget to self-tan her face?

CE902EF5-5E05-4587-B214-314EE9266D8D.thumb.jpeg.3ce312183cf0c910bb1481e626a277cd.jpeg

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Tova looks elegant with the blonde hair in photo #3 by far.

Blabby Jane said she did not have wet hair in her "before" photo. It was supposedly her 4th day after her last wash, she said. Huh? She had her hair styled at some point in those 4 days. How did it go to looking wet. Behold, the Calista TSV hot brush is a miracle worker to go from Blabby before to Jane after. 

The producer must have been having fun at Jane's expense with how many times her "before" and "after" pics were shown. Jane told us they showed her photo more times than what she figured. 

• Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Speaking of oily, Josie looks even greasier than usual. And her face is a different color than her body. Did she forget to self-tan her face?

CE902EF5-5E05-4587-B214-314EE9266D8D.thumb.jpeg.3ce312183cf0c910bb1481e626a277cd.jpeg

I think some days Josie wakes up and forgets what planet she's on.

• Laugh 11

The floral pants aren't flattering on Carolyn. Come to think of it, I can't think of anyone who would look good in them.

And there is that you-know-who fuzzy thing, complete with her squeaky falsetto cartoon voice. "Hello, I'm fine, I've missed everybody."

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie pants floral 1 8-04-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie squirrel pants floral 8-04-20.jpg

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, Booney said:

The before photo looks like Meredith Laurence's sister

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, worleybird said:

The before photo looks like Meredith Laurence's sister

I think she should work with her naturally curly hair. Just gel it or whatever and have that be her style. Why do women with curly hair always style it straight.  And then women like me curl my hair and used to get perms to get curly hair instead of straight.  

It also looks like she had a mini eye lift between the two pictures!  Upper lids hanging and then like magic lids appear!

• Like 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.