Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.09.31 PM.png

Gosh darn it - I was hoping this one was just a rumor and not true. I’m really going to miss Ant. And Julia “Celery” gets to stay??

  • Like 3
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'll cross my fingers that Ant is still there. Didn't they recently have Elise on the main Q? Maybe they were testing her sales there. We know Ant is comfortable on the main channel and has lots of fans. I rarely see Nancy, but she was on the main channel recently, too. Possibly evaluating the 3 of them. I'd keep Ant. 

Ant is leaving, but probably should have been Nancy (or better yet:  Kerstin). 

Never saw Nancy as a stand out in any way, except the gemology certification. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking that they don't have to pay Julia. Just give her the key to the liquor cabinets in the corporate Board Room as adequate compensation. I've never seen a more incompetent host.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

@Lori NoGo, right after I posted that I read that Antonella was gone, too. This is so stressful. I obviously didn't know her personally but I still consider her a friend.

I hope Antonella will continue to cook on FBook. I bookmarked her new page. She's already got lots of comments. 

1 minute ago, Samwil said:

In other news, my Susan Graver "Maude" vest arrived.  It's literally liquid!  

I've been wondering... was the box wet?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Samwil said:

In other news, my Susan Graver "Maude" vest arrived.  It's literally liquid!  

Thanks for the laugh, @Samwil!  Glad you didn't cancel your order.  You never know how it will look on you.  Good luck.  And don't get wet!

If it doesn't work out, however, before returning it, please post a video of you in it, rushing around, yelling "Arthur!!!", "Vivian!!!" or "Carol!!!!"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

Embarrassment?

Sticking it to the man?

Getting their last hurrah?

I have no idea.

*Maybe I misunderstood, @Dottie D.  Do you mean comments from others or from the hosts themselves?

@Lori NoGo, I meant comments from others.  I know my phrasing was kind of awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lori NoGo said:

Thanks for the laugh, @Samwil!  Glad you didn't cancel your order.  You never know how it will look on you.  Good luck.  And don't get wet!

If it doesn't work out, however, before returning it, please post a video of you in it, rushing around, yelling "Arthur!!!", "Vivian!!!" or "Carol!!!!"

I do needed the laughs!  Thank you.  

I do plan on speaking with a deep voice when I wear it.

 

 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

We have our 4 then:  Ant, Kristine, Gabrielle, and Stacey.

Part of me thinks Ant's social media post was last out of respect for her seniority.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

This is a perfect example (from Stacey's Instagram page):

".....I truly do not understand why now three of you are leaving.  I am suspect that something very strange is going on there plus Q2 is now off the air with live shows.  I wish we knew the truth."

Scratches head!

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

This is a perfect example (from Stacey's Instagram page):

".....I truly do not understand why now three of you are leaving.  I am suspect that something very strange is going on there plus Q2 is now off the air with live shows.  I wish we knew the truth."

Scratches head!

sorry if i am asking this but i have been out of the loop lately.  i read about antonella but who are the others ?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

sorry if i am asking this but i have been out of the loop lately.  i read about antonella but who are the others ?

Besides Ant, Stacey Stauffer, Gabrielle Kerr, and Kristine Zell were all canned yesterday, along with 450 other Q staffers.

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Besides Ant, Stacey Stauffer, Gabrielle Kerr, and Kristine Zell were all canned yesterday, along with 450 other Q staffers.

add elise ivy to the list of gone

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

add elise ivy to the list of gone

Someone can correct me, but as far as I know she hasn't posted anything on social media to indicate that so right now we're officially sitting at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Someone can correct me, but as far as I know she hasn't posted anything on social media to indicate that so right now we're officially sitting at 4.

i just looked on her page and nothing mentioned.  i hope elise is staying. i like her.  all of this is sad......  sorry if i added an incorrect name. 

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

This is a perfect example (from Stacey's Instagram page):

".....I truly do not understand why now three of you are leaving.  I am suspect that something very strange is going on there plus Q2 is now off the air with live shows.  I wish we knew the truth."

Scratches head!

Frightening that there are people in bubbles who never heard of corporate layoffs.  These are the ones who think hosts are Best Friends. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 1024amii said:


I thought this was cute, her first on air. 

Ant looked so nice here.  And was a pleasure as a new host. 

She went downhill over the past few years.  Who really knows why. 

She looked almost slovenly when Skyping in from home.  And her previously naturally joyous laughter seemed driven by nerves and forced.  

I see MaryBeth next to her there.  Her mentor?  With MB's track record as mentor to hosts who have come and gone, she is either a bad luck charm or a disciple of someone from much warmer climes.  Or could just be coincidence.  🤨

As employees of tv "shows" go with respect to longevity, Ant had a good run. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I guess Jill Bauer escaped just in time.  BUT, what irritates me about Jill is the fact that thousands of QVC viewers followed her to her facebook page and "new path," and Jill takes the credit for building her brand.  If it weren't for the Q and the Q's viewers, no one would know who Jill Bauer even is.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wow! Hard to believe Any went to classy and professional to this!  WTF? I feel bad because I think she’s a nice person, but she sadly had become unwatchable at times . Her over the top cackling , stuffing her face , and gross behavior like picking her teeth and head scratching was not good ! Sad she felt she had to be anything but herself.  
I still do wonder if something else was going on in her personal life where she felt she had to change. Hopefully the family is ok financially.

Too bad she couldn’t keep her dignity .

B9F9199B-05AF-42D4-B817-9B787DA6A347.jpeg

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Dinah said:

I guess Jill Bauer escaped just in time.  BUT, what irritates me about Jill is the fact that thousands of QVC viewers followed her to her facebook page and "new path," and Jill takes the credit for building her brand.  If it weren't for the Q and the Q's viewers, no one would know who Jill Bauer even is.

That's called Networking and it's the most basic skill taught in business school.  No fool she. (And there's no law against it.)  Also, QVC allowed her to advertise it on their space for a long, long time.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, Dinah said:

I guess Jill Bauer escaped just in time.  BUT, what irritates me about Jill is the fact that thousands of QVC viewers followed her to her facebook page and "new path," and Jill takes the credit for building her brand.  If it weren't for the Q and the Q's viewers, no one would know who Jill Bauer even is.

And besides those minions, when Jill left, she rolled out her humongous Rolodex, with business contacts galore, into the Q's parking lot and off into the West Chester sunset.  Or maybe they were on a disc, but you get my drift.

IIRC, Kathy Levine did this and caught flak for it.

Jill is Jill's biggest fan. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

Ant looked so nice here.  And was a pleasure as a new host. 

She went downhill over the past few years.  Who really knows why. 

She looked almost slovenly when Skyping in from home.  And her previously naturally joyous laughter seemed driven by nerves and forced.  

I see MaryBeth next to her there.  Her mentor?  With MB's track record with hosts who have come and gone, she is either a bad luck charm or a disciple of someone from much warmer climes.  Or could just be coincidence.  🤨

As employees of tv "shows" go with respect to longevity, Ant had a good run. 

Yes, but Shawn WAS slovenly when Skyping from home, and QVC didn't care because she's so special. Or something.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Why would they keep Terri Conn, who’s only on one hour a day, with that lunch time special?  
 

If Q is looking to downsize and save $$, why not get rid of these silly OAP’s?  It seems that so many of them are actually employed by Q, and not the products they’re shilling.  Lori Shore, Linda Davies, Gary Goben, the Mosley’s and the rest are redundant, imho.  Back in the day, the Q hosts were able to do shows without any help, and they did a damn good job, too.  Now it just seems to be a competition between who can talk the most—-the host or the huckster. Plus, some of them are so full of crap with a lot of what they say.  I know I’ve spoken about them before, but I absolutely will not watch anything with the Mosley’s. Their comments are filled with so much half truths that I just want to climb through the tv and scream at them.  And knowing they both came from the cruise industry, where frequent cruisers know that jewelry and art sales are the biggest rip offs, I just can’t believe most of what they say (no one has ever stopped me anywhere to ask about my jewelry, and pale lilac tanzanite is NOT a quality stone).  Force the hosts to actually work for their $$ instead of relying on OAP’s to do their work. 

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good points, @KLovestoShop.  I wonder if TPTB think Terri will bring in the soap opera crowd, as someone else mentioned elsewhere.  Also, cheaper salary.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Good points, @KLovestoShop.  I wonder if TPTB think Terri will bring in the soap opera crowd, as someone else mentioned elsewhere.  Also, cheaper salary.

If they really wanted to bring in the soap opera crowd, seems like they'd have picked an actor who played a likable character.  I didn't care for her character at all on As the World Turns.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Neiman said:

If they really wanted to bring in the soap opera crowd, seems like they'd have picked an actor who played a likable character.  I didn't care for her character at all on As the World Turns.

As we've previously discussed, sooo unlikeable.  And yet, she lasted there for years.

Maybe they are just going by that and didn't do their research.  Surprise surprise.

Lazy, Q. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Gosh darn it - I was hoping this one was just a rumor and not true. I’m really going to miss Ant. And Julia “Celery” gets to stay??

Cheaper 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder if they are making cuts at HSN, as well. They have 2 channels, don't they? I don't know if the second one has new shows or just repeats.

hsn 2 is all reruns  and they havent done late night, early am live shows for a long time

i recently ordered one item from the q and two from hsn.  q was the first order,  yet to be shipped.  tomorrow the second of the two is to arrive.  i am well pleased with hsn lately, including the prices

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, Watcher25 said:

When things get back to normal. I think there will be huge cuts at QVC. They are operating with little staff as possible right now. Now they can see exactly how much fat they can cut and still operate.

My post from April 15. I also made a post about Kristine Zell moving to fast and buying a new house 😞 I wish them all good luck. They would not have been my choice to go.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Here are a few of the hosts departure announcements in case you missed them.

20200716_123809_compress81.thumb.jpg.20f3287cb950198d2087dcbbfaacd768.jpg20200716_195250.thumb.jpg.3ff2cf5ab9bcc410b7f1091cc4d25427.jpg20200716_145601.thumb.jpg.b37511b3fbb49fcd9444efde73bb79a4.jpg20200716_195905.thumb.jpg.0cb46044946ce44b93335da55e2e4aac.jpg

Looks like some may have followed a guide to make their announcements.  "I have some news to share..."

Or maybe one just followed the others' leads.

In any event, weird and sad to see so many go at once. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Watcher25 said:

When things get back to normal

Assuming facts not in evidence. 😔

All rather formulaic announcements.  They all must have been given the same Departure Template.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

Looks like some may have followed a guide to make their announcements.  "I have some news to share..."

Or maybe one just followed the others' leads.

In any event, weird and sad to see so many go at once. 

i think they either write what is suggested or someone else writes it for them.  i have always thought these were scripted

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

They may not want to burn their bridges behind them, in case they want to try for a job at another shopping channel in the future. But I sure wish some of them had expressed their true feelings. I suspect they didn't get much warning that they were being canned, even though there were probably a lot of rumors circulating around the building.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Wow! Hard to believe Any went to classy and professional to this!  WTF? I feel bad because I think she’s a nice person, but she sadly had become unwatchable at times . Her over the top cackling , stuffing her face , and gross behavior like picking her teeth and head scratching was not good ! Sad she felt she had to be anything but herself.  
I still do wonder if something else was going on in her personal life where she felt she had to change. Hopefully the family is ok financially.

Too bad she couldn’t keep her dignity .

B9F9199B-05AF-42D4-B817-9B787DA6A347.jpeg

She looks like bloody hell here.  Wish they would have shitcanned Skunky also, she should be the next to go. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Strange juxtaposition, seeing elves, santas, and snowmen for sale and thinking about the several hosts and hundreds of others that lost or will lose their jobs.  Come sleet, tsunami, or end of the world, the Q keeps going and going.

David is presenting as he usually does, but it has to be sobering and humbling.  He must realize nobody, not even he,  is immune to escaping unscathed.

Blabby hasn't skipped a beat. Bubbling over with enthusiasm about Christmas lights.  When she turns around, I am going to check her back for the battery insert area.  She can't be real.

David shaded her by saying she has been known to drink wine at her parties and act the fool because of it (or something to that effect).  Jane said "true story". 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, selhars said:

Antonella says she'd been there 18 years.

I noticed that too. 2014 to 2020 not 18 years. QVC math? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, seasons said:

I noticed that too. 2014 to 2020 not 18 years. QVC math? 

She started at the Q in 2004 with Carolyn and Dave James (he apparently got fired after a late night shift) when they all got hired from the  2004 Program Host Search Auditions where people voted for the winner. Dave actually won. The article below mentions him winning.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/tag/dave-james-leaves-qvc/

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Very few hosts left with anything approaching a younger “vibe” now. Leaning heavily to middle/late middle aged white women. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think many who read and post here wondered why they needed the extra hires and channels 

as viewers we/I realized they didn't even a couple of years ago.  better planning and understand could have managed IMO. But I am not a CEO of a company,  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size