Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Dan H looks like he lost a few pounds over the last months.  Hadn’t see him in a while.  He looks good. 

David looks awful.  When the Q plays old promos of ITKWD, it’s obvious how much he’s aged and weight he’s gained. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

10 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

Corky's OAP Jimmy looks like he has gained a considerable amount of weight since the last time I saw him, giving the illusion of a more svelte David on the split screen.  I hope he is not eating too much of that Corky's stuff.  Doesn't seem like the healthiest food choice.  This coming from someone eating Hershey bars at midnight last night.  

I think I shared this a long time ago When we did a road trip through Tennessee, we went to Corky's. I wasnt sure what to expect, honestly, but let me tell you it was amazingly wonderful. We ended up going back  like 3 times (one time just took out) It really was all that. I would imagine the shipped stuff is pretty good but those prices are over the top ( as I find for all food that is shipped).   So I guess if you are on the fence about it, and are ok with the $ , go for it!

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

IIRC, last year or so, Cheryl's Cookies OAP Mary E. had a big farewell, not as big as some of the hosts, but a heartfelt one.  Meanwhile, since all of this social distancing, she has made two telephone appearances.  Maybe she just didn't want to deal with maintaining her bulletproof hairdo to go on air, so thought it would be easier to retire.  Remote appearances changed the game and maybe she wanted back in.  David was thrilled.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

David is selling Jimmy "The Scratch" Baker's crumb cakes (which look s"crumb"tious).

I saw a rerun of Mary presenting these yesterday with Jimmy, who was not sporting his usual floppy baker's toque, but rather a more sterile shower cap because he is in his bakery.  He looked very much like a lunch lady in elementary school.  You would think this new look would make him vulnerable to joking comments, but both Mary and David today (where he is wearing the same cap) were/are being very respectful.  

But he couldn't help being a jerk when Mary held a crumb cake up to her head and Jimmy said, "It makes even your head look small, Mary."  She went with it, saying they have a running joke about how big her head is, but still, not for him to say, especially with his Mr. Peanut noggin.       

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I don't get an inner naughty demon vibe from her at all. She comes across, to me, as a boring dud of a prude. 

I think her "inner naughty demon" is the voice telling her to go ahead and eat a cookie.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

516258B3-FAAA-4564-9B7A-57AF82D8924B.jpeg.f0a8c09e5440dff186d02f2e2162f4d2.jpeg

Hmmm. Kerstin Sunquist. Firstin Lungefist. Herskin Sinquest. Whatever her name is... not a prude.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

10 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Hmmm. Kerstin Sunquist. Firstin Lungefist. Herskin Sinquest. Whatever her name is... not a prude.

She needs to edit her hashtags to #thirsty #payattentiontome #lookatmyhiney #headedtomynightgig

• Laugh 16

May I add to this, note she said she's not one to take bathing suit shots

20200628_132612_compress34.thumb.jpg.21e79ecb1a77497c78a5f54fde93fd8b.jpg

20200628_132254_compress56.thumb.jpg.5c941d785a5ad47c0ca05c36e1ea3f5f.jpg

20200628_132400_compress7.thumb.jpg.064574ca3a183e845ca8646ce4ef76e0.jpg20200628_132428_compress77.thumb.jpg.31131891eb0eb83a350011a1fe3a47fc.jpg20200628_132448_compress44.thumb.jpg.94c514fad774a8fda6226451ba137f18.jpg20200628_132554_compress11.thumb.jpg.5ac339e2d40ff1b3807be17b58c68f4e.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

May I add to this, note she said she's not one to take bathing suit shots

20200628_132612_compress34.thumb.jpg.21e79ecb1a77497c78a5f54fde93fd8b.jpg

20200628_132254_compress56.thumb.jpg.5c941d785a5ad47c0ca05c36e1ea3f5f.jpg

20200628_132400_compress7.thumb.jpg.064574ca3a183e845ca8646ce4ef76e0.jpg20200628_132428_compress77.thumb.jpg.31131891eb0eb83a350011a1fe3a47fc.jpg20200628_132448_compress44.thumb.jpg.94c514fad774a8fda6226451ba137f18.jpg20200628_132554_compress11.thumb.jpg.5ac339e2d40ff1b3807be17b58c68f4e.jpg

Not one to post bathing suit shots????  Kerstin, look in the mirror.   Have you two met?

Meanwhile, how does that bathing suit in the first pic cover her "bits"?  How does she sit, swim, or breathe in that without it exposing everything?  Please, cover up, says this prude. 

• Laugh 6

Adina from David's cookies bid David adieu by saying, "Bye, Deevid!"  Was that a Freudian slip combining diva and David?  Probably not. 

• Laugh 4

Kerstain’s theory on health?
1st Sleep, 2nd Diet  3rd Movement.   When I read Movement the first thing that crossed my mind was Bowel Movement.  

I can’t believe that David is selling Vintage Wine as an Advent Calendar.  How tacky to use a religious symbol to sell wine.  FWIW, I’m against any company using an Advent Calendar to sell things.  For our family, being totally educated in parochial schools, and my Hispanic Heritage, Advent Calendars were for religious reasons, but to sell booze as an Advent Calendar is just beyond tacky. 

• Like 14
  • Surprise 1

The Q also sells skincare and beauty products in those Advent calendars. Like wth?

20200628_141634.thumb.jpg.22c8cd19c6a66a7b2af594329c4171f5.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Kerstain’s theory on health?
1st Sleep, 2nd Diet  3rd Movement.   When I read Movement the first thing that crossed my mind was Bowel Movement.  

I can’t believe that David is selling Vintage Wine as an Advent Calendar.  How tacky to use a religious symbol to sell wine.  FWIW, I’m against any company using an Advent Calendar to sell things.  For our family, being totally educated in parochial schools, and my Hispanic Heritage, Advent Calendars were for religious reasons, but to sell booze as an Advent Calendar is just beyond tacky. 

Yes. I’m with you. Advent, a little Lent. A time to wait and prepare. Not to supply yourself with an advent time’s worth of little daily gifts of chocolate, or health and beauty products or wine. It’s such a wonderful liturgical period of time to pray a bit and fast a bit and wait...

To wait and watch. Then! After observing the season of Advent...then feast! It’s so much fun and so much more meaningful when it’s preserved and observed. ❤️

So it always strikes me as an upside down when Advent calendars promote a gift a day etc.  

Try instead the celebration of the 12 days of Christmas. So much fun.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Yawn. 
get back in your box dear. No one gives a **** 🙄

• Like 4
  • Laugh 12

If you’ve never tried Advent this way, please consider it. You won’t be sorry that you did.

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

David is presenting what he calls "slabs of dessert" with Delizioso tira misu and chocolate mousse trays.  That description has all of the delicacy of those "dump cakes" that were featured in the recent past in recipe books for  lazy busy moms, where you mix everything in the same dish you bake it in.  Maybe we can eat the slabs in our "beefy" Isaac t-shirts. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

David is presenting what he calls "slabs of dessert" with Delizioso tira misu and chocolate mousse trays.  That description has all of the delicacy of those "dump cakes" that were featured in the recent past in recipe books for  lazy busy moms, where you mix everything in the same dish you bake it in.  Maybe we can eat the slabs in our "beefy" Isaac t-shirts. 

Just eat the “slabs of desserts” on the toilet. Save yourself time. 

• Laugh 11

Keratin is a first level **** tease. She likes to display it but isn’t open for business. 

• Like 8

@lazyfaire, I must take respectful exception -- from everything I saw and heard of Dan after his wife's death, he seemed to still crave being the center of attention in what I can only describe as a regressive, narcissistic, little-boy Peter Pan kind of way.  I am especially reminded of the video Dan posted at the church service where he gave a rather, um, interesting eulogy which included odd references to his salesmanship at QVC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 10

10 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

@lazyfaire, I must take respectful exception -- from everything I saw and heard of Dan after his wife's death, he seemed to still crave being the center of attention in what I can only describe as a regressive, narcissistic, little-boy Peter Pan kind of way.  I am especially reminded of the video Dan posted at the church service where he gave a rather, um, interesting eulogy which included odd references to his salesmanship at QVC.

Wow, I missed all of that.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Sure, she likes showing off that boney figure, but there's no sex appeal there whatsoever. Most of the female presenters come across as rather sexless. Though Jen Coffey has some potential I think.

1 hour ago, Lori NoGo said:

I think Quacker Factory makes a whole line of clothing dedicated to the slab cake eaters.

• Laugh 4

42 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I remember that @Bronx Babe!  A lot of us here, myself included, were a little flummoxed by that one.

He had been through hell, no doubt, throughout his wife's illness.  I know he was grieving, I don't doubt that for a moment, but that funeral service, which I think he streamed live online, was interesting, to say the very least.

What I remember thinking at the time was that there was such a juxtaposition between how he appeared at that funeral and how he was on air at QVC.  On air, he always seemed like a bumbling sort of guy....not easy to watch, at least for me.  I also remember he used to present the very same product he now is the OAP for - those Stuffin' Gourmet chicken thingies.  When he presented them, he would wolf them down as if he hadn't eaten in a year!  That was the most action you saw out of the guy, scarfing down some processed chicken breasts!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

Kerstin,imo,is one of those people who walks around the house topless,even around the kids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

I felt awful when they got rid of Dan W. He said he would have stayed at QVC forever. Now they let him OAP Stuffin Gourmet Chicken every once in awhile. Sad.

Uh. I thought Dan Wheeler leaving was his choice to semi-retire. I don't recall seeing anything about it not being his choice.

But I do recall him saying he would have stayed forever at QVC if he could have.  So why retire? 

Because maybe he changed his mind. And he decided he doesn't want to have to be anywhere for any set number of hours a week. And he likes the freedom that his new life offers.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

Kerstin,imo,is one of those people who walks around the house topless,even around the kids.

No different than the lobster walking around topless. Actually he might be bustier.

1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

Most of the female presenters come across as rather sexless.

To be non-sexist, the men too. All the hosts seem like they would be preening and posing, except Antonella. To me, Antonella seems like the most normal person across the board out of all of the hosts at the Q. The rest of them seem sort of one-dimensional.

eta, Dan seems pretty normal too.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

On 6/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, lazyfaire said:

I believe Kerstin tans. The skin on her chest is dry and leathery. 
72038C03-087B-4926-813D-04C20E1D8A75.jpeg.7265ca72dde782460a40fe5be55ef9be.jpeg

Yeah, no doubt she goes out to naturally tan as promoted in her Facebook posts by the pool and ocean.  It's just that as I scroll through her photos and videos, she seems to have different degrees of tan that make me think she's getting some help from the faux tanner or tanning bed.  Hard to believe she can go those shades of light to dark to light in just a day or so.  Plus, her work schedule is often during prime outdoor tanning hours, so it's not like she gets lots of natural rays during the week to develop the deep dark tan she's been sporting in recent shows.  I got the impression it's a combo natural/faux tan, but she keeps posting it's all hers.  Seems like it would be a great opportunity to put in a plug for one of the many Q tanning products.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Neiman said:

Yeah, no doubt she goes out to naturally tan as promoted in her Facebook posts by the pool and ocean.  It's just that as I scroll through her photos and videos, she seems to have different degrees of tan that make me think she's getting some help from the faux tanner or tanning bed.  Hard to believe she can go those shades of light to dark to light in just a day or so.  Plus, her work schedule is often during prime outdoor tanning hours, so it's not like she gets lots of natural rays during the week to develop the deep dark tan she's been sporting in recent shows.  I got the impression it's a combo natural/faux tan, but she keeps posting it's all hers.  Seems like it would be a great opportunity to put in a plug for one of the many Q tanning products.

So she obviously doesn't wear sunscreen. I guess she's promoting skin cancer? She probably won't wear a face covering either. I don't like her.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

To be non-sexist, the men too. All the hosts seem like they would be preening and posing, except Antonella. To me, Antonella seems like the most normal person across the board out of all of the hosts at the Q. The rest of them seem sort of one-dimensional.

Agreed, to be fair, the men are all sexless. But to some extent it goes without saying since none are that great looking to begin with.  At least some of the women are attractive. And I agree about Antonella but I kind of assumed she was gone. I haven't seen her in months. Every time I turn the channel on its either Jane or Kerstin - or the nameless B-team they keep on QVC2.

• Like 1

Oh, Lord, another hour of Xmas Valerie crap decor. UGH.

Agreed, to be fair, the men are all sexless. But to some extent it goes without saying since none are that great looking to begin with. 

YMMV. I think Rick D. is attractive. He could put his boots under my bed!😀

Edited by selhars
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

15 minutes ago, selhars said:

Uh. I thought Dan Wheeler leaving was his choice to semi-retire. I don't recall seeing anything about it not being his choice.

Sometimes false stories are presented to the viewing audience to spare hosts embarrassment.  Couldn't be the first time that has happened.  I don't know what happened.  I just know what he said about wanting to stay at QVC and feeling badly hearing it since he was there for so long.  Maybe I misconstrued the true meaning of his statement.       

• Like 3

i think Kerstin needs a man who can "drop the hammer".if her husband was she wouldnt have so many adopted kids.imo.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

2 hours ago, Neiman said:

Wow, I missed all of that.  

It was quite disconcerting to say the least.   @lovemesomejoolery correctly remembers Wheeler live streamed the service.  

Forgive my cynicism, but I'm inclined to believe that Dan's eulogy is still somewhere on his Facebook page.  Somehow I do not think he took it down.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I remember that @Bronx Babe!  A lot of us here, myself included, were a little flummoxed by that one.

He had been through hell, no doubt, throughout his wife's illness.  I know he was grieving, I don't doubt that for a moment, but that funeral service, which I think he streamed live online, was interesting, to say the very least.

What I remember thinking at the time was that there was such a juxtaposition between how he appeared at that funeral and how he was on air at QVC.  On air, he always seemed like a bumbling sort of guy....not easy to watch, at least for me.  I also remember he used to present the very same product he now is the OAP for - those Stuffin' Gourmet chicken thingies.  When he presented them, he would wolf them down as if he hadn't eaten in a year!  That was the most action you saw out of the guy, scarfing down some processed chicken breasts!

Thank you for the substantiation, @lovemesomejoolery.   

A very.….interesting guy!

• Like 4

This is a screenshot of what she was posted a day ago on her Instagram, and the green dress is a screenshot from the show 2 days ago.  On her Facebook she posted a picture of her in that green dress and it said, "tan - mine."  These are within 24 hours of each other, yet note how different the tan looks especially on her chest.  I'm just not buying that tan is all hers.  I can't prove it, but I think she's been helping herself to the Westmore Beauty samples.  🤣

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 6.02.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 6.05.59 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

It was quite disconcerting to say the least.   @lovemesomejoolery correctly remembers Wheeler live streamed the service.  

Forgive my cynicism, but I'm inclined to believe that Dan's eulogy is still somewhere on his Facebook page.  Somehow I do not think he took it down.    

I remember when his wife passed, but I don't recall any of the events surrounding it including the eulogy.  I'll try to look it up when I get a chance.  I think I always felt a soft spot for Dan W. because he reminded me of my junior high social studies teacher at times.  I loved that guy.  

• Like 2

My punishment for not dropping in for a week is that the Steve Bryant post has been deleted.

FWIW, I found him an insufferable toad when he was a host. Always acted like he was too smart and talented for the gig. 

I love CIJ, but nothing has tempted me at all so far even though it’s a QVC 5% weekend at Rakuten. Same old crap, only more expensive.

• Like 9

I don't follow Kerstin, but who posts that many photos of themselves on FB or other?

It's the pubic bone stuff that really annoyed me.  I try not to watch her.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Lori NoGo said:

Sometimes false stories are presented to the viewing audience to spare hosts embarrassment.  Couldn't be the first time that has happened.  I don't know what happened.  I just know what he said about wanting to stay at QVC and feeling badly hearing it since he was there for so long.  Maybe I misconstrued the true meaning of his statement.       

I have to agree with this. But I tend to be cynical about these things after having spent a career in HR and seeing many stories cooked up to explain why someone was suddenly no longer with the company (like the infamous euphemism for getting canned, “So-and-so is leaving to pursue other interests”). Not only did Dan say he wanted to stay at QVC, when he hosted someone’s 30th anniversary (Mary Beth’s maybe?) he made a big deal about his own 30th anniversary coming up, and how he couldn’t wait to celebrate it. It felt slightly off that he would shortly thereafter decide to leave before hitting the big 30th. Just sayin’...

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

62B06227-7D1D-4F4F-AC5A-A2007AA34FB9.thumb.jpeg.1515d578374241f67ce11368f8eee25c.jpeg

^  is all I can think of when I see her make these garment choices

She might as well pose in pasties and a G-string.

misc pics cartoons sexy enough meme 1.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 6

I had the impression Dan W did not leave voluntarily.

• Like 6

In the selfie where Kerstink seems to think she looks like Brittany Spears, all I can see is that she looks like she has to go to the bathroom!

• Laugh 12

Well, I guess individually, we'll each either believe his last comments on the matter, or not.  I just hope he's living a happy, fulfilling life, on his own terms....(to the extent that any of us can do that. I know I can't wait to retire!😀 (or even semi-retire😀))

Edited by selhars
  • Like 7

Has anyone caved today & shopped for Christmas in July? I’ve been good & kept my wallet & debit card away. That said, I did go to Kohl’s today to see what shopping is like wearing a mask. I was in & out in 20 minutes. No browsing. I was on a mission & did it fast. LOL!!!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Not one to post bathing suit shots????  Kerstin, look in the mirror.   Have you two met?

Meanwhile, how does that bathing suit in the first pic cover her "bits"?  How does she sit, swim, or breathe in that without it exposing everything?  Please, cover up, says this prude. 

This is why she stands pigeon toed, beefy thighs😉

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Disclaimer: Everyone can do whatever they want to their own body/face, just don't expect to have ANY credibility with ME when you try to market 'beauty' products.

Recently saw a Westmore Beauty Infomercial and it was obvious that the Westmore Woman had had collagen lip injections/ possibly cheek fillers. NO SALE !!

HSN !!! Skinn Cosmetics !!! Dmitri/Michael Jackson/Kenny Rogers/Joan Rivers !!!! NO SALE !!!!

YMMV 🤪

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

My punishment for not dropping in for a week is that the Steve Bryant post has been deleted.

FWIW, I found him an insufferable toad when he was a host. Always acted like he was too smart and talented for the gig. 

I love CIJ, but nothing has tempted me at all so far even though it’s a QVC 5% weekend at Rakuten. Same old crap, only more expensive.

Here's a cached copy. If you don't want to deal with the black bar, click on where it says "text-only version" in the upper left.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Cy60mMJm5JYJ:https://stevebryantblog.com/2020/06/23/it-was-the-worst-of-times-it-was-the-worst-of-times-a-life-well-spent/

• Like 3

I never liked Dan Wheeler. There was something icky about him.

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Has anyone caved today & shopped for Christmas in July? I’ve been good & kept my wallet & debit card away. That said, I did go to Kohl’s today to see what shopping is like wearing a mask. I was in & out in 20 minutes. No browsing. I was on a mission & did it fast. LOL!!!

I didn't even turn QVC on today!

I took a cursory look a few days ago, at the "presale", and it looked to me like mostly leftover stuff from last year or the year before.  Or, the same old stuff they have every year.  I don't know how many more "light up" brick-a-brack and light up mercury glass stuff these folks think we need!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I didn't even turn QVC on today!

I took a cursory look a few days ago, at the "presale", and it looked to me like mostly leftover stuff from last year or the year before.  Or, the same old stuff they have every year.  I don't know how many more "light up" brick-a-brack and light up mercury glass stuff these folks think we need!

Ok, I wasn’t going to look, but I saw the chocolate covered brownies in the cute tins, so I ordered them for Dec. delivery. They will be great to include in Christmas packages. Let’s hope delivery is improved. 🤞

• Like 6

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.