Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Another agreement that Carl looks nice. That lip color really does suit her. It’s probably bolder than what she’s used to but she should wear it all the time. 

• Like 12

I think Kerstink is constantly fighting inner naughty girl demons (I'm being kind with my choice of words) and then looks to her God for forgiveness and some kind of validation but ends up disappointed every time because it always backfires on her.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

57 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

watching K on that bikey thing this morning, for an exercise preacher not much muscle tone going on there at all 

Toothpicks don't have muscles.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

15 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I think Kerstink is constantly fighting inner naughty girl demons (I'm being kind with my choice of words) and then looks to her God for forgiveness and some kind of validation but ends up disappointed every time because it always backfires on her.  

I think she’s just a fake. 

• Like 12
  • Laugh 4

I've thought about the Rinna skirmish: personally, I don't think that Q told her to keep her views quiet. They are her social media outlets (not Q's like the hosts use) and supporting the BLM and LGBTQ movements is not particularly "out there."

However, dragging the Q name, and more importantly,  its customers, into it may have ruffled. If shoppers turn on her due to her views, that's their right. You can boycott anything or anyone.

She could have finessed her response with something like "sorry you don't agree with me" but that's not her style. She just shoots her over-productive big mouth off.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 12

44 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I've thought about the Rinna skirmish: personally, I don't think that Q told her to keep her views quiet. They are her social media outlets (not Q's like the hosts use) and supporting the BLM and LGBTQ movements is not particularly "out there."

However, dragging the Q name, and more importantly,  its customers, into it may have ruffled. If shoppers turn on her due to her views, that's their right. You can boycott anything or anyone.

She could have finessed her response with something like "sorry you don't agree with me" but that's not her style. She just shoots her over-productive big mouth off.

She dropped the F-bomb on the Karens too. Agree, she could have resolved this in a civil way, but she threw a tantrum instead. That is never a good way to get people to sympathize with the causes you promote. You have to communicate calmly with people who disagree with you, not shout profane insults at them.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Burly said:

I think she’s just a fake. 

I am with @burly

she's "religous" if it's gets viewers  etc

and the healthy thing,  it a bit too much as well , you all know I am pro exercise etc, but she's isn't someone I'd look to for info 

• Like 6

At the beginning of The Legacy Box presentation she says something like "I have 3 kids but sometimes it feels like a million. "

Shade throwing at the kids for the kerfuffle? Not their fault Kerstin. Yours.

(Also she seems like someone who wanted to add a dog just to do it. Didn't consider how it would fit in with the kids and the household. )

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

At the beginning of The Legacy Box presentation she says something like "I have 3 kids but sometimes it feels like a million. "

Shade throwing at the kids for the kerfuffle? Not their fault Kerstin. Yours.

(Also she seems like someone who wanted to add a dog just to do it. Didn't consider how it would fit in with the kids and the household. )

She also seems like she added certain members to her family just to do it. She attempted to craft a persona without thinking it through. Another one who is getting older and probably stuck where she is. It doesn’t seem like her crafted persona has parlayed into mommy lifestyle maven. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh, I’ll bet there are a ton of stories to tell. With all those egos stuffed into Studio Park, I’m guessing there’s been plenty of back stabbing, feuds, and bad behavior. I think there’s a lot of juice if someone would just have the nerve to spill it.

There definitely has to be a very strong Non-disclosure Agreement that hosts have signed.  I thought if someone was going to spill the beans it would have been Albany who pretty much left in a huff.

• Like 6

How long can one be bound to an NDA? Bryant left the Q ages ago. I could see maybe 3-5 years, max, which still puts the kibosh on Albany.

• Like 2

Kathy Levine's been known to share some Q memories like when she did the live chat with Paul & Judy, but her stories have gotten repetitive.  I think Steve's shared about all he can share.  Jill was there a long time, so she's probably got some interesting things to say.  I don't think I've ever read anything about Bob B.'s thoughts about the Q since he left.  When he left, I thought it was hysterical they were suggesting David could take his place.  LOL, I was wrong about that!  I'd like to hear Albany's perspective.  I get the impression something went down behind the scenes.  I think Patti's behind-the-scenes story might have a few surprises.  Dave James and Dave King might be able to reveal a few skeletons in the Q closet.  If they ever leave, I'd like to hear from Pat, Jayne, Rick, and Leah.  Not sure I care to know about any of the other current hosts.  Heck, I can't even name some of the current hosts.  There was a time I could name them all.

The juiciest stories would probably come from the producers, secretaries, or camera crew.  I wonder if they have a NDA?

• Like 8

Just my opinion here, but I don't think hosts, former or otherwise, have to sign an NDA to work there or to leave there.  It's QVC, a shopping place - entertainment, at best - it's not like we're talking some super secret place with super secret ideas or information!

And even if they did have one, a vow of silence forever would never hold up in court!  Plus, what does QVC have to give for that silence upon a host's departure?  Nothing, in my view.  If their contract wasn't renewed or they were fired, they're gone.  QVC thinks you're so bad, they don't want you anymore - why would they then be afraid of a "tell all" book?  If a host wants to leave on their own, they have already thought of their future endeavor and don't want to stay in the past like that dude we just talked about who writes a blog.  They want to move on to what they think is bigger and better.

It's a Golden Rule....don't talk badly about your employer if you want to gain employment in that industry later.  It only makes you look like garbage when you go out guns-a-blazin'.  Who wants to hire that?  Just in the 10 years I've been watching, I've seen hosts leave, come back, leave again, and are back again, either here at QVC or on some other channel.  In Lisa Mason's case, both - JTV and now QVC with her own jewelry line.  Some may have gone on to work for manufacturers who sell on QVC......if they shit-talked QVC, they wouldn't be able to go on air and rep a product at QVC  and now HSN.  How would they be able to be an OAP with a host they revealed was a bitch on wheels?  Some have relatives involved in some way at QVC.  Why would they make it hard for their relative? 

That's just how I see it and realize it's conjecture on my part.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

If an exposé is written, we could have a lot of fun coming up with a title...

Even thinking of a working title could be fun.

• Like 5

Christmas in July on June 27th.  Very well, then. 

Snowy Flocked Downswept Slim Tree by Valerie:  giving me Dr. Seuss vibes, which are, as far as I'm concerned, the stuff of nightmares, so I'll pass on the suggested grouping of three.  Or even one.  Valerie tries so hard to feign humility, but her nose is always facing north.  Just enough to say, "I'm trying desperately to come down to your level, but I'm still up here in the heavenly heights above you."   

CoKho says, as far as she's concerned, she's done with June and we can go straight into July.  Hate to tell her, but July will probably be worse than June.  She is dressed nicely tonight, like she did when she first started at the Q.  Before more seasoned, sloppier hosts became a bad influence on her. 

• Like 4

Jill Bauer reported on Facebook that Courtney Cason and her husband had a baby boy, named Cason.  Family looks happy, of course!

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

Did anyone see Putz Rick drop and break a couple of the TSV ornaments?  He stopped handling them after that. 

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 13

3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Did anyone see Putz Rick drop and break a couple of the TSV ornaments?  He stopped handling them after that. 

Putz?  Klutz?  Or both?

• Laugh 4

Ali Carr presenting H209139 set of 3 inspirational snowbirds. They come in a choice of red, white or blue. 
“So this is the...” (checks card) “red set.. and next here we have the...” (checks card) “white set and finally I really love the...(checks card) “blue, so cute!”.

I mean, I know Q famously throw curveballs at hosts when it comes to colours but jeez louise this couldn’t have been easier. Try reading the card in advance Ali? 

Also, are we having Christmas in June now? Is this the new normal? I can get on board with a preview of Christmas around 25th July but now a preview of the preview a month earlier? 😩

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

11 hours ago, hummingbird said:

watching K on that bikey thing this morning, for an exercise preacher not much muscle tone going on there at all 

She is a fake. She doesn't workout. She starves herself and takes photos like she is some fitness queen. I would love to see her and Courtney Webb, do a 2hr fitness show together. Just demonstrating machine after machine. They would have to take her  broccoli eating ass out on a  stretcher.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

I don't particularly like Ali but I'm not exactly sure why.

But she was piling the family stuff on thick this morning. Maybe learning from Jane and Zell:

My daughter Violet loves this blah, blah, blah

When my husband proposed we saw a squirrel blah, blah, blah (one of Val's items had a squirrel)

My father had a double lung transplant but he's fine now.. (had something to do with cardinals.. )

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 3

13 hours ago, Benji said:

And hey, if she could lose the glasses, she'd look even better ! 😎

This is regarding Caro in the light blue top- I agree she looks great in that. You are right that she would look even better without the glasses, but on her, since the glasses are legit and not a fashion prop, they work fine.

Editing to add- I am just now seeing the previously recorded presentation of the TSV. The at home OAP (who is she? ) is so hard to hear. I mean the volume is ok but it's such horrible sound quality. Oh ok they just showed her name- Leslie Hermanson. She is presenting the holiday figurines like she is presenting the work of Michelangelo and is sharing wisdom that will change your life. I mean, granted I don't celebrate Christmas so I am not her audience , but I think it goes beyond that.

Edited by Polliwollidoodle
  • Like 7

FITNATION Upright and Recumbent Flex Bike Express (presented with Kerstin)

Near the end of the presentation, she got drill sergeant loud and instructed the OAP that she was taking him and model, Kim, into the last 2 minutes, relegating the OAP to muted model status.  Then she transformed into a spin class instructor, in a three-way split screen with Kerstin as the star in the middle. The guy never got to say another word. Seemed like she was creating an audition tape, hopefully to go elsewhere.

Elizabeth and Clarke Top with Stain Tech (presented with Antonella)

Ant was screaming and beyond giddy throughout the entire presentation. OAP Melanie was thoroughly annoyed (as was I) or else just had an attitude in general. Something about the stains beading up on her shirt excited Ant to no end as she kept pouring dark liquids on herself. Then she said, "my shoes are ruined. I'll send you the bill, but my shirt is fine."  How can she not realize she sounds like she is yelling into a megaphone? Maybe she has a hearing problem? It was a one-woman circus. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Dottie D said:

There definitely has to be a very strong Non-disclosure Agreement that hosts have signed.  I thought if someone was going to spill the beans it would have been Albany who pretty much left in a huff.

I do agree with @lovemesomejoolery upthread

but then look at 2 hosts AH and the other one who where gone undercover on darkness with nary a word.  afterwards   yes you don't badmouth your employer but... 

3 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

I would love to see her and Courtney Webb, do a 2hr fitness show together. Just demonstrating machine after machine

she'd wipe her out

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Burly said:

Ali Carr presenting H209139 set of 3 inspirational snowbirds. They come in a choice of red, white or blue. 
“So this is the...” (checks card) “red set.. and next here we have the...” (checks card) “white set and finally I really love the...(checks card) “blue, so cute!”.

I mean, I know Q famously throw curveballs at hosts when it comes to colours but jeez louise this couldn’t have been easier. Try reading the card in advance Ali? 

Also, are we having Christmas in June now? Is this the new normal? I can get on board with a preview of Christmas around 25th July but now a preview of the preview a month earlier? 😩

CIJ/J. just ugh

i agree a day in July is OK but why not have Christmas in January, yet 

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I don't particularly like Ali but I'm not exactly sure why.

But she was piling the family stuff on thick this morning. Maybe learning from Jane and Zell:

My daughter Violet loves this blah, blah, blah

When my husband proposed we saw a squirrel blah, blah, blah (one of Val's items had a squirrel)

My father had a double lung transplant but he's fine now.. (had something to do with cardinals.. )

I don't dislike her but I get where you are coming from

she's trying to connect with the viewer using the same keywords that the more seasoned hosts are using.  she needs to find her own path 

• Like 2

Why must Alberti insist on drawing out the pronunciation of adjectives?! "It's sooo BEEE-OOOOU-TIFUL. It's GOOOOORGEOUS."  Ugh, SHUT UP!! Can't stand him.

Elizabeth, the toy OAP has always annoyed the *%$^! out of me ever since those stupid shark costumes for the entire family were introduced.  I'm sure those useless and ridiculous items are on a pallet somewhere.

Edited by Dottie D
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

With all the hosts being encouraged told to have a story for every product, and personalize the pitch, that's what we're going to get more of. They actually plan which stories, they'll tell for which product.

Some doing it more or less than others, and some use family stories more or less that others. They're the easiest to come up with, and also the easiest to make up because you start off knowing the person so just fit grandad into an older person's product, fit mom into a kitchen product, fit kids into a toy product, use self example for an apparel product, use husband in a household product story. Just pick the person and use them for a  decor, personal care, shoe,  or any product.

As has been pointed out before, by far, Leah and David seem to do it the least. Each for their own reasons I'm sure. Everyone once in a while Jayne B will come up with a "my daughter story." But Jane Treacy IS. the. master (queen?) of the stories. I'd say the others are all in the middle of the scale somewhere. Carolyn has her stories. Alberti has his.

And just the other day someone said they were tired of Alberti's stories. And he's still "relatively" new. Ali, Zell, Szitzh (or however you spell her name), Kerstin, Rachel, -- even Dan and Rick -- they all do it..and lay it on to various thicknesses.😀

Edited by selhars
  • Like 8

Just for fun, Rinna out shopping post temper tantrum.  All black is very slimming or hiding from The Karens?

30138692-8467437-image-m-146_1593321402126.jpg

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3

I really never gave Dan a chance as a host, and usually just click him off when I see him. But he really is quite pleasant, almost as funny as he thinks he is, dresses nicely, and perhaps most importantly, is not manic.  They should definitely have more male hosts.  I felt awful when they got rid of Dan W. He said he would have stayed at QVC forever. Now they let him OAP Stuffin Gourmet Chicken every once in awhile. Sad.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I don't get an inner naughty demon vibe from her at all. She comes across, to me, as a boring dud of a prude. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Lori NoGo said:

I really never gave Dan a chance as a host, and usually just click him off when I see him. But he really is quite pleasant, almost as funny as he thinks he is, dresses nicely, and perhaps most importantly, is not manic.  They should definitely have more male hosts.  I felt awful when they got rid of Dan W. He said he would have stayed at QVC forever. Now they let him OAP Stuffin Gourmet Chicken every once in awhile. Sad.

I've always liked both of the Dans and agree it would be nice to have more male hosts.

• Like 8

When my husband proposed we saw a squirrel ...

My father had a double lung transplant but he's fine now ...

THESE ARE FABULOUS! These are going to be my new favorite things to say to myself any time one of these dippy sales clerks starts up some kind of personal story that is supposed to relate to the item being presented. Actually they should make trainees and auditioners work these two phrases into their sales pitches just to see how well they can string random thoughts together and sort of make them seem personal and somehow keep the ol’ cash registers ringing!

Just getting caught up on several days’ posts and I am struggling to figure out what in the world is going on with Lisa “Fatty” Rinna and Kerstink “Pubic Bone” Lindquist. Kerstinky posted a video of herself exercising in which, in the background, unbeknownst to her, family members were kicking the dog? People got mad about that and then she called them racists? Well, that makes no sense. And then Lisa Rinna said something about Black Lives Matter (related to the Kerstink thing??) and people got mad about that and then she got mad about THAT and then all her old comments about “tubbies” got brought back up and ??? I AM SO CONFUSED.

Not that I really care. You would have to pay me to take a Lisa Rinna garment off your hands. And I mean pay me a LOT. Can’t stand her. Also can’t stand that dope Kerstink so ... I guess I really don’t care.

Couldn’t take Antonella pouring stuff on herself last night so instead I switched over and watched/listened to an hour of the Today’s Special over on HSN. It’s a set by IT Cosmetics. The Eyebrow Lady (can’t remember her name) was Skyping in from a hotel room to Amy Morrison in the studio. I have to say that as compared to Jamie Kern Lima and her Screaming Seams, the Eyebrow Lady was about one billion times better. Not so breathless. Hardly gasping at all. She did not utter the phrase “worldwide launch” in a baby voice one single time. Even though I have a smallish drawer full of IT makeup that I never wear (not since March 13 anyway, because why?) I almost fell for the spiel!

Watched a little AM Style yesterday morning and they were selling a bomber jacket that absolutely came out of the warehouse from 1987. Those of you who are fans of the 80s might want to go grab it and relive your glory days.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

Re: Kerstin.  A big part of the problem, IMO, is that there is being active on social media and then there's being active on social media to the point you're oversharing.  You don't need to be posting about every up and down of your life because you want to be seen as "authentic" or whatever.  It's OK to keep parts of your life private, like most other shopping channel hosts do.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 12

Kathcart, thank you. 

Great perspective from you. Was out in the yard, muggy, came in for water and checked here. Don’t have to cool off in the sprinkler now. Read this and feel refreshed. 🙂

And speaking of oversharing on social media, as thin as some can be, there are many who should go on a SM diet.

By the way, whatever came of the Antonella Nestor Survey-gate debacle? That odd period of time when her employment at QVC seemed to be dangling at the edge of the precipice...

• Like 9

Kirsten comes off as a narcissist to me.   It’s all about her. Know a few women like her.  She a martyr.  Other women hate her because she’s thin.  I’m struggling as a mother.   Blah.  Blah. 

I feel sorry for her girls.  She will surely put her insecurities and warped self image on them.  

1 hour ago, Lori NoGo said:

I felt awful when they got rid of Dan W. He said he would have stayed at QVC forever.

I didn’t.  Was not a fan.  Was glad he left.  But I do agree, the Q needs more male hosts. 

• Like 8

Yeah, Dan W. always gave me the squeemies; not a fan.    But I felt so bad for him when his wife died.  It was evident he loved her so much. 😢

• Like 7

For some reason I thought Dan W left on his own.

Now you know the producer of ITKWD was just ready to crank up the obnoxious saxophone version of Ding Dong Merrily on High in anticipation of today's program.  Eight minutes in, and it's still playing in the background!!

Edited by Dottie D
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am almost positive that Dan W left of his own accord following his wife's death.

As often happens in retirement,  you look for something to do.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Just for fun, Rinna out shopping post temper tantrum.  All black is very slimming or hiding from The Karens?

30138692-8467437-image-m-146_1593321402126.jpg

Cheeky bottle of vino in that bag? 

• Laugh 2

10 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Kirsten comes off as a narcissist to me.   It’s all about her. Know a few women like her.  She a martyr.  Other women hate her because she’s thin.  I’m struggling as a mother.   Blah.  Blah. 

I don't hate her because she is thin.  I am thin (not as thin as her), but feel no skinny sisterhood with her or her sometimes obsessive methods to get and maintain thinness.  She is all around awful, and I've probably overused space on here several times to express and explain my utter dislike of her.   

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I am almost positive that Dan W left of his own accord following his wife's death.

That's correct; he decided to retire and focus on spending time with his family and on his pastoral ministry.  But it was something like only a year or so before he started as the Stuffin Gourmet OAP.  Still gets to appear on Q but without the long hours.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I think Dan said he left on his own, too, so that he could do some sort of spiritual ministry.  I know for a while there he was doing a lot of daily Facebook posts where he was reading the Bible combining it with inspirational stuff.  It was something called daily Cup of Joe or Daily something or other. 

Just checked - it's called Morning Cup of Inspiration and he's still doing them.  Appears he also part of a non-profit group called Fearless Faith, who have their own FB page, and it's a lot of different people, all doing these sort of segments.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

That's correct; he decided to retire and focus on spending time with his family and on his pastoral ministry.  But it was something like only a year or so before he started as the Stuffin Gourmet OAP.  Still gets to appear on Q but without the long hours.

But I do recall him saying he would have stayed forever at QVC if he could have.  So why retire?  Could it have been forced because of low sales numbers and because they respected him due to his tenure there, allowed him to explain it away?  Well, as long as he is happy with his family, ministry, and doggie, I guess everything worked out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

I don't get an inner naughty demon vibe from her at all. She comes across, to me, as a boring dud of a prude. 

giphy.gif

1364141030_Screenshot(623).thumb.png.3410ed6f3de207bf7e408f4d443726d0.png

giphy.gif

• Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

Corky's OAP Jimmy looks like he has gained a considerable amount of weight since the last time I saw him, giving the illusion of a more svelte David on the split screen.  I hope he is not eating too much of that Corky's stuff.  Doesn't seem like the healthiest food choice.  This coming from someone eating Hershey bars at midnight last night.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

2 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

giphy.gif

1364141030_Screenshot(623).thumb.png.3410ed6f3de207bf7e408f4d443726d0.png

giphy.gif

I wish you could get her head to just fly off of her neck.

Most prudes would probably want to hide their nether regions under clothing.  Not prominently display them at every opportunity with camel toes, wedgies, and peeking out public bones.  I think these videos illustrate some of that perfectly, @RubberbandGirl

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

By the way, whatever came of the Antonella Nestor Survey-gate debacle? That odd period of time when her employment at QVC seemed to be dangling at the edge of the precipice...

Just my opinion, I think she was on the precipice but how badly that survey was botched and the fallout from it ultimately saved her.  Having to find out about its existence after getting asked about it on social media?  The nature of the questions and the language used?  They couldn't even spell her name right?  Q having to deal with days and days of customers posting "over there" and calling them up, offended on her behalf?  Plus people commenting on it elsewhere, like here?  I wouldn't be surprised if Q's legal department had to get involved.

On the other hand, she's pretty much been pigeonholed over at Q2 with the occasional foray to Q, mainly for jewelry, so she's still there but in a diminished capacity.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Just checked - it's called Morning Cup of Inspiration and he's still doing them.  Appears he also part of a non-profit group called Fearless Faith, who have their own FB page, and it's a lot of different people, all doing these sort of segments.

Although both are Christian - Dan’s faith is in stark contrast to Kerstin’s. He suffered a tremendous loss and yet finds strength and solace from his faith. No martyrdom, no “woe is me”.

Kerstin - take note. 

• Like 11

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.