Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts

Toni Brattin always looks fabulous in her wigs. I'm not sure how she does it. She must put them on just right.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I think Amy looks better in a Toni wig than she does with her usual Calista hairstyle.  

 

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 7.49.23 PM.png

Oooh, I respectfully disagree.  To me, she looks like a stepford wife in the wig.  I think I am one of few who like Amy’s hair!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

6AF70520-AB6B-4901-8B4D-E5B6C36D9550.thumb.jpeg.e29ca78e7db93284db0cd7a2d5633683.jpeg

I don’t know what I’ve missed in the details, but I’m glad Rinna says that she vows her political beliefs will ra in the same. Then again, no one is probably asking her to change her beliefs. Maybe just asking to keep them private or separate or quieter, unless you want the fire.

I found some of her comments to be disturbing.  Why did she and her husband get a pass on that swastika shirt?  

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 7.59.17 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oooh, I respectfully disagree.  To me, she looks like a stepford wife in the wig.  I think I am one of few who like Amy’s hair!

Guess we can agree to disagree.  I think Amy has the worst hairstyle on QVC.  

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

Angel’s hair has looked good today on Q2.  More fluff and body than I usually see.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Calling your QVC customer base "Karens" (note the apostrophe misuse) isn't particularly wise.

That apostrophe tho! Nothing says edumacated quite like the plural of Karen being Karen's.

So glad someone else commented.:)

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Is anyone else as sick as I am of hearing the vendors whine tonight, “Oh, David, I miss you sooooo much!” 

 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

6AF70520-AB6B-4901-8B4D-E5B6C36D9550.thumb.jpeg.e29ca78e7db93284db0cd7a2d5633683.jpeg

I don’t know what I’ve missed in the details, but I’m glad Rinna says that she vows her political beliefs will ra in the same. Then again, no one is probably asking her to change her beliefs. Maybe just asking to keep them private or separate or quieter, unless you want the fire.

I’m guessing the “Hey Karen, f—k you” is a nail in the coffin.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

That apostrophe tho! Nothing says edumacated quite like the plural of Karen being Karen's.

So glad someone else commented.:)

Although she's deleted it, I doubt it's even occurred to her that it needed some editing.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

Toni Brattin’s wigs are looking particularly fake to me tonight. Here’s a before and after they showed. I think the “Without” looks so much better than “With” the wig.

C2711F6A-5C0A-4666-8178-67EF3577702A.thumb.jpeg.d3a72af4f41757d3b1e7a83360fcce1d.jpeg

What's the name of this style? Swiffer? It looks like my Swiffer duster. 

 

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Booney said:

Is anyone else as sick as I am of hearing the vendors whine tonight, “Oh, David, I miss you sooooo much!” 

 

Yeah, so tired that I decided to switch to Q2 and Q3.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ant is doing a good job selling the Quacker Big Deal on Q2.  I love that she said she won’t wear Spanx on air because she wants viewers to see how an item really fits.  She and Angel have good rapport.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I’m guessing the “Hey Karen, f—k you” is a nail in the coffin.  

I hope so. Lisa Rinna thought she could have her cake and eat it too -- insult the QVC customers on social media, but still try to get their money. First (in 2016) they were all fat, toothless, ugly, and had 50 cats.  Now (2020) they are racist Karens too. It's obvious that she has always held her Middle America customers in absolute contempt. I don't buy her whiny sob story about needing the QVC income to support her family. She probably holds her nose and wears gloves when she counts her money, because all those Karens touched it.

The thread that was just deleted on the other board also had posts about Kerstin lashing out at her critics for complaining about her kids abusing their dog. She called them racists. WTF? People were complaining about animal abuse.  I think she's about to implode. All she does on her social media is complain. That is, whenever she's not being preachy and acting superior about her sparse meals of beets, spinach and broccoli. BTW that thread has been preserved on the Wayback Machine (web archive). Like they say, the Internet is forever.

 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

6AF70520-AB6B-4901-8B4D-E5B6C36D9550.thumb.jpeg.e29ca78e7db93284db0cd7a2d5633683.jpeg

I don’t know what I’ve missed in the details, but I’m glad Rinna says that she vows her political beliefs will ra in the same. Then again, no one is probably asking her to change her beliefs. Maybe just asking to keep them private or separate or quieter, unless you want the fire.

I wonder if Rinna knows they recently added two more colors to that flag she posted for Diversity and Inclusivity which seems to be a big part of her political agenda.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed Antonella with Angel.  I was just sitting here wishing I'd turned it to that channel earlier.  

I just caught the Fri-ya promo with Jane T.  It's been a while since I've seen her, so I've missed the curly 'do.  Has she had it long or is it for a upcoming hair product?

 

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 9.00.15 PM.png

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I saw some things earlier about a host and animal abuse but have no idea what that's about.  I looked on social media but didn't see any videos, so I'm still clueless.  😆

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I saw some things earlier about a host and animal abuse but have no idea what that's about.  I looked on social media but didn't see any videos, so I'm still clueless.  😆

It was a video on Kerstin's Instagram. She was doing exercises outdoors with family members, and some of them abused the family dog. They were kicking it. She took the video down after people started complaining.

  • Surprise 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

It was a video on Kerstin's Instagram. She was doing exercises outdoors with family members, and some of them abused the family dog. They were kicking it. She took the video down after people started complaining.

Kicking the dog?!?!?!?!  😮 😳

  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

It was a video on Kerstin's Instagram. She was doing exercises outdoors with family members, and some of them abused the family dog. They were kicking it. She took the video down after people started complaining.

Her kids (or other family members) were kicking her dog???  Uh, her children aren't infants.  They should know better.  Even an infant you would tell or show how to pet an animal gently.  And she puts the video up for all to see?  Obviously didn't think anything of it.  My contempt for her has increased exponentially.     

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lori NoGo said:

Her kids (or other family members) were kicking her dog???  Uh, her children aren't infants.  They should know better.  Even an infant you would tell or show how to pet an animal gently.  And she puts the video up for all to see?  Obviously didn't think anything of it.  My contempt for her has increased exponentially.     

Probably focused more on how she looked; not noticing what was going on in the background.  (I don’t do Instagram; only going by what has been reported here.). Assuming the dog stuff was in the background.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Probably focused more on how she looked; not noticing what was going on in the background.  (I don’t do Instagram; only going by what has been reported here.). Assuming the dog stuff was in the background.

You are probably right.  When she uploaded it, she probably focused on herself.  Getting in her workout is her number one priority.  I've seen her doing squat thrusts while pushing her kids on the swings and riding a stationary bike while feeding her son when he was a baby.  I'm sure she gives herself a big pat on the back, congratulating herself every time she multitasks.  Unfortunately, it will stick with her kids that they didn't get her full interest or attention.  It will affect them in the future. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so surprised to learn about that video.  As an animal lover, it makes my heart ache.  If it was that bad, I'm even more surprised there are no follow up statements about it.  Seems like Q would have insisted on her making one.  But then again, Q hasn't really done anything about the Rinna situation either.  The public relations staff must be pink slipped, on vacation, or in a really long Zoom meeting about damage control and at odds as to how to proceed.  🤔

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

What's the name of this style? Swiffer? It looks like my Swiffer duster. 

 

What in the Dionne Warwick He'll is that on her head?  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I hope so. Lisa Rinna thought she could have her cake and eat it too -- insult the QVC customers on social media, but still try to get their money. First (in 2016) they were all fat, toothless, ugly, and had 50 cats.  Now (2020) they are racist Karens too. It's obvious that she has always held her Middle America customers in absolute contempt. I don't buy her whiny sob story about needing the QVC income to support her family. She probably holds her nose and wears gloves when she counts her money, because all those Karens touched it.

The thread that was just deleted on the other board also had posts about Kerstin lashing out at her critics for complaining about her kids abusing their dog. She called them racists. WTF? People were complaining about animal abuse.  I think she's about to implode. All she does on her social media is complain. That is, whenever she's not being preachy and acting superior about her sparse meals of beets, spinach and broccoli. BTW that thread has been preserved on the Wayback Machine (web archive). Like they say, the Internet is forever.

 

I looked at the Wayback Machine but didn't see it.  Does anybody know the link or key word search?  I tried her name and QVC but nothing came up.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Oooh, I respectfully disagree.  To me, she looks like a stepford wife in the wig.  I think I am one of few who like Amy’s hair!

I'm with you.  She looks like a Dugger-in-training in that wig and frock.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm with you.  She looks like a Dugger-in-training in that wig and frock.

I didn't care for the outfit. 

She wore the wig pinned to the side most of the show and even pulled it back for us to see what it would look like as a ponytail.  I never thought of her having a ponytail and thought it was a great look for her.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting thread on the Q boards. Kerstank is not well liked, even by them.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Over the years I've noted that the place where this board and that board intersect is a general dislike of Kerstin. 

I mean, Carolyn,  David, Jane, Shawn have legions of fans, but Kerstin almost never anything positive. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

And now Tweak'd Denis is on, saying he's been discovering ingredients for 25 or 30 years now. I wonder if his girlfriend was even alive when he started.

If Google is correct she would have been 2 or 3 if he started "ingredient hunting" 30 years ago.

  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Gili Jill post breakup: "I like who I am now.  I like this slower Jill.  I have time for myself,  and I've been able to recalibrate my life and re-time it in a way."

UGH! Shut up already! First the engagement and now post-engagement inner reflection!

(Oh, and she's found the time to add hand sanitizer to her home collection, which I'm sure we'll see on Q!)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Gili Jill post breakup: "I like who I am now.  I like this slower Jill.  I have time for myself,  and I've been able to recalibrate my life and re-time it in a way."

UGH! Shut up already! First the engagement and now post-engagement inner reflection!

(Oh, and she's found the time to add hand sanitizer to her home collection, which I'm sure we'll see on Q!)

Let's throw the ex under the bus!  (And his kids too)

  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Gili Jill post breakup: "I like who I am now.  I like this slower Jill.  I have time for myself,  and I've been able to recalibrate my life and re-time it in a way."

she had to say something and based on this past weeks offerings from Q people Rinna and kerstin 

that is on the neutral side 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think that Gili Jill mantra of "liking who she is now" is more about the pandemic, quarantine, etc.  Numerous articles out there right now concerning how some of us, due to stay at home orders with slower work routines (or no work routines, if you've been furloughed or laid off) may have lost our "hustle" - we worked our butts off with 12 and 14 hour days,  for what?  Many are really redefining what is important to them since there has been so much time for reflection.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Over the years I've noted that the place where this board and that board intersect is a general dislike of Kerstin. 

I mean, Carolyn,  David, Jane, Shawn have legions of fans, but Kerstin almost never anything positive. 

had not noticed but you are probably right, she certainly has an attitude of something

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

How many fires can the Q put out at once?  It could be a long, hot summer and I'm looking forward to the next flare-up!

What they need to do is establish hard and firm rules about how Q host social media is used; first, in my view, is keep your minor aged kids out to the extent possible.  Showcase your host schedule and Q products or things like cooking,  gardening,  redecorating. Many excel at this: Nancy, Katrina, Sandra as examples.  Everything else belongs on your personal, personal pages.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Rinna has posted comments mocking plus-sized women and people observing Ash Wednesday and *now* Q is suggesting she cut off the commentary?

Yay!  Fuck Rinna!  I hope she loses her entire business. Then she can go back to work on the streets.  I don’t need to hear any of her political views. It’s a shopping channel for crap’s sake.  Not CNN. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Laura Slatkin:  "You can spot a Nest fragrance a mile away."  Apparently, Laura feels the same way about fragrance as she does about her hairstyle.

She says wearing a fragrance like Sunkissed Hibiscus during quarantine is the "least you could do for your family, olfactorily."  Real power move to exploit the pandemic and simultaneously shame us for being smelly sloths, Laura.  Bravo.  Love to Harry, who I trust is waiting at a fully dressed table on the veranda.  Hurry, darling.  The Hollandaise sauce on your perfectly poached Eggs Benedict is separating during your absence, and toast points for your Beluga caviar are growing stale. This cloistered new normal is utterly Draconian, isn't it, my dear?

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

I wish the next time she is on with Shawn, she would tell her that "the least you could do for your family, olfactorily" is take a shower every day!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

KAPLAN MD Diamond Contour Super-Charged 1 Minute Facial.  Auto-Delivery.

Four anti-aging treatments in one. Crushed diamonds. Purple pearls filled with potent ingredients that will burst when we pump, expelling the miraculous elixir that will make us look younger and brighter.

Dr Kaplan's alabaster smooth forehead looks like a puzzle piece that was forced to fit atop the rest of his face. He talked a good game, but looked very odd. It was something I couldn't get past with the alien-like, waxy-skinned  Dr. Brandt (may he rest in peace) and any other doctor who looks surgically overhauled and is trying to sell their anti-aging snake oil.

Leah announced she is wearing yellow today. I guess she was informing her non-sighted audience? She looks pretty.

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

How many fires can the Q put out at once?  It could be a long, hot summer and I'm looking forward to the next flare-up!

What they need to do is establish hard and firm rules about how Q host social media is used; first, in my view, is keep your minor aged kids out to the extent possible.  Showcase your host schedule and Q products or things like cooking,  gardening,  redecorating. Many excel at this: Nancy, Katrina, Sandra as examples.  Everything else belongs on your personal, personal pages.

thanks for saying succinctly what I think, should have been done years ago, or they need a SMedia staff to implement it all 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I hope so. Lisa Rinna thought she could have her cake and eat it too -- insult the QVC customers on social media, but still try to get their money. First (in 2016) they were all fat, toothless, ugly, and had 50 cats.  Now (2020) they are racist Karens too. It's obvious that she has always held her Middle America customers in absolute contempt. I don't buy her whiny sob story about needing the QVC income to support her family. She probably holds her nose and wears gloves when she counts her money, because all those Karens touched it.

The thread that was just deleted on the other board also had posts about Kerstin lashing out at her critics for complaining about her kids abusing their dog. She called them racists. WTF? People were complaining about animal abuse.  I think she's about to implode. All she does on her social media is complain. That is, whenever she's not being preachy and acting superior about her sparse meals of beets, spinach and broccoli. BTW that thread has been preserved on the Wayback Machine (web archive). Like they say, the Internet is forever.

 

There is a thread up about the dog abuse, and they are done with her, not watching anymore until she apologizes for her behavior. I wonder how this is going to affect her book sales....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

There is a thread up about the dog abuse, and they are done with her, not watching anymore until she apologizes for her behavior. I wonder how this is going to affect her book sales....

... or how she is going to work it into her dashboard sermons.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Let's throw the ex under the bus!  (And his kids too)

Must have been a bad breakup. Her reflection sounds like she's still hurting and bitter, but looking at the positives. A broken heart could take years if she was truly in a meaningful relationship. GILI Jill may have thought so even if it really wasn't.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Laura Slatkin:  "You can spot a Nest fragrance a mile away."

Apparently, Laura feels the same way about fragrance as she does about her hairstyle.

She says wearing a fragrance like Sunkissed Hibiscus during quarantine is the "least you could do for your family, olfactorily."  Real power move to exploit the pandemic and simultaneously shame us for being smelly sloths, Laura.  Bravo.  Love to Harry, who I trust is waiting at a fully dressed table on the veranda.  Hurry, darling.  The Hollandaise sauce on your perfectly poached Eggs Benedict is separating during your absence and toast points for your Beluga caviar are growing stale. This cloistered new normal is utterly Draconian, isn't it, my dear?

 

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I wish the next time she is on with Shawn, she would tell her that "the least you could do for your family, olfactorily" is take a shower every day!

 

Well...have you ever seen Laura Slatkin on her day off?

10486D59-4D71-4FF2-B371-80B4388DDCE1.thumb.jpeg.b74f56a6590a250bca4d7f33540ffeed.jpeg


 

  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

How many fires can the Q put out at once?  It could be a long, hot summer and I'm looking forward to the next flare-up!

What they need to do is establish hard and firm rules about how Q host social media is used; first, in my view, is keep your minor aged kids out to the extent possible.  Showcase your host schedule and Q products or things like cooking,  gardening,  redecorating. Many excel at this: Nancy, Katrina, Sandra as examples.  Everything else belongs on your personal, personal pages.

TPTB at Q need to read this. I hate children on social media period. They are not old enough to consent. There are so many creeps out there doing whatever with those pictures. Also, public figures should not visually identify family members. You never know who has a grudge or stalker tendencies. 
I was constantly battling my exMIL to quit tagging me on FB. My job is such that I don’t need the public being able to identify my family. 
Hosts should just feature themselves gushing about the fabulous upcoming products. No bikinis needed. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Laura Slatkin:  "You can spot a Nest fragrance a mile away."  Apparently, Laura feels the same way about fragrance as she does about her hairstyle.

She says wearing a fragrance like Sunkissed Hibiscus during quarantine is the "least you could do for your family, olfactorily." 

Has Laura ever presented with Smelly Killy?

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size