Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

39 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If I had had a shot of an alcoholic beverage every time Ray Rastelli said "chicken filet Mignon" during the chicken tenders presentation, these comments to you all would have been coming from a hospital bed after I had sufficiently dried out.

Chicken filet Mignon is chicken tenderloin.  Available at grocery stores nationwide if you desire to make your own chicken tenders.  Sure, the Rastelli tenders are not the pressed meat you'll find in other chicken tenders in your local grocer's case, but the breading isn't exactly a winner itself (MSG, anyone?).

If you go to the reviews of that product (M68638), which started in late May, so, so many of them are "Couldn't eat them, they arrived unthawed."  Sorry, but in general ordering frozen stuff from Q in the summer isn't a great idea, and these days when the major delivery services simply cannot keep up with the demand for deliveries, it's even more the case.

LMAO at calling a chicken tenderloin "chicken fillet mignon." So what do we get next, a turkey steak?

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 7

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

YOU CAN WEAR THIS PUMPKIN-PICKING

I kid you not, Amy used that exact phrase this afternoon, but she added "in September".  Girl, no one goes pumpkin picking in September.

Ooh, very strange that Stacey has the evening off, so no one is doing the online chat. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Dottie D
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

5 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

I kid you not, Amy used that exact phrase this afternoon, but she added "in September".  Girl, no one goes pumpkin picking in September.

Amy probably goes trick or treating in September. Pumpkins need to keep growing until October. 

pumpkin-vines.jpg-400x266.jpg

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

23 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

Ooh, very strange that Stacey has the evening off, so no one is doing the online chat. Hmmmmm.

Oh, I hope they keep Stacey. She is good in the kitchen, and not a pain in the ass in general.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Just watched part of a video with Amy showing a dress. There was mention of taking the dolg for a walk and dolg treats. No "L" when there should be and then she throws in the unneeded "L". 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Q2 Reruns 😟

Susan Graver:  "So many women are asking me (LOL!) to bring Pebbles on air."

Pat said she has to wear her shoes when she Skypes.  I couldn't hear why because Susan was calling Pebbles.  She only wants Pebbles on camera.  Did she ever think maybe the dog is an introvert and wants no part of the limelight?  She probably tried to enroll her in ballet, tap, and jazz to no avail. 

While imposingly hovering over her, Susan finally got Pebbles to stand still in front of a cascading clothing display rack, and Pat says, "Susan, Pebbles is really loving the camera tonight."  🙄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

I read that QVC has let four hosts go . I wonder if it is true and is it is, who ass let go . Any of the new cookie cutter people can go.  I do not see Ant on the schedule into next week . Is she gone , or just on vacation !

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Q2 has gone to reruns and pre-taped programming 24/7 as of today.  Lots of discussion of it over in the QVC thread.

I switched on the other afternoon (morning for you) and Caro was on Q, Q2 and Q3 all at the same time 🥺.

There have also been occasions when the exact same repeat of a show has been running simultaneously on both the deux and the trois. 

It doesn’t seem to be very well thought out...

• Like 7

TSV Rerun

19 minutes into the presentation and one color of the Dyson air purifier and cooling fan tsv has already sold out. Alberti's pants were so tight and he got so excited, he almost fell over one of them.  Very awkward looking thing. The air purifier, I mean. Reminds me of a mini version of an old school bonnet hair dryer from the beauty parlor.

Then Alberti starts going through every possible odor it can filter out, including hairspray, which if you were growing up in New Jersey, he said, you would know about since you used a lot of hair spray. Yes, Pee-wee Herman, we did like big hair back in the 80s in New Jersey.  What does that have to do with filtering out the air in 2020? Unnecessary dig, if you ask me, a former Jersey Girl.

He mentioned having lived in New York City twice so far, but I'm not sure if I believe this whole cosmopolitan persona he constantly tries to put forth. Sunday bagels fetcher stories aside, he has none of the savvy of an actual New Yorker. 

I wish they would relegate him back to Beauty IQ. I know it no longer exists, but that is a detail with which I'm not really concerned.

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

12 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

*Scurries to make a spelling correction*

Merci.

No, you were right. I misspelled "filet."

In fact I made a mistake with my entire post. I didn't know until I Googled it that chicken mignon is "a chicken thigh filet wrapped in bacon and topped with garlic butter and shallots." I learned that "mignon" just means a small, tender piece of meat. I always thought it meant a piece of beef. That's what I get for not knowing much about cooking, lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Re: which 3 or 4 QVC hosts are being laid off. I can't find a source for this, but I did find an article on Homeshoppingista about it.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2020/07/16/qvc-swings-ax-with-major-layoffs/

"QVC Swings Ax with Major Layoffs,"  article dated today, July 16, 2020. This article doesn't give any names either -- blogger Linda Moss either doesn't know or didn't want to say -- but she wrote about posts she saw on Facebook from an unnamed "former QVC employee" who said “My heart is breaking. MY QVC family is being torn to shreds. Please know it will not be the same without you there! Know this as well, when the dust settles and the tears dry out, what happens next will be amazing.” I guess if we knew whose FB  page this was posted on -- "without you there" --- we'd know at least one name.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 6

19 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we all met up at a Q live show (when things get back to normal, and they will, according to our sage hosts) wearing shirts with buzz phrases from hosts and guests?

I know you have posted some or all of these before @Fromwhereisit, but here is a rehash:

(front) HERE'S THE THING... (back) HERE'S THE OTHER THING (which I have heard MB say as a follow up)

(front) I DON'T LIKE  _____ (back) BUT I LIKE THIS_____

ON MY VISION BOARD...

GO 'HEAD

THIS ONE IS CAWD...

And depending on the product or designer featured that day:

EVERYTHING GOES WITH EVERYTHING

WOMEN ALWAYS SAY TO ME....

THIS LOOKS LIKE MONEY

Wondering if a small sea of these shirts in an audience would get us booted out. 

They probably wouldn't even know what we meant by them. 

Bring your Quacker duckbill whistles, just to look authentic.

Sign me up!  I’ll meet you there. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

My tee would either say “I’m in a xxs”.  I’m actually a 2x 😊. Or “Are those pants tight Rick or are you just happy to see me?”

• Laugh 13

59 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Re: which 3 or 4 QVC hosts are being laid off. I can't find a source for this, but I did find an article on Homeshoppingista about it.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2020/07/16/qvc-swings-ax-with-major-layoffs/

"QVC Swings Ax with Major Layoffs,"  article dated today, July 16, 2020. This article doesn't give any names either -- blogger Linda Moss either doesn't know or didn't want to say -- but she wrote about posts she saw on Facebook from an unnamed "former QVC employee" who said “My heart is breaking. MY QVC family is being torn to shreds. Please know it will not be the same without you there! Know this as well, when the dust settles and the tears dry out, what happens next will be amazing.” I guess if we knew whose FB  page this was posted on -- "without you there" --- we'd know at least one name.

I went to Stacey’s Instagram, and it looks like she was one of the ones axed, it is sad.

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I went to Stacey’s Instagram, and it looks like she was one of the ones axed, it is sad.

That's a shame. I know she's not popular here, but I've always liked Stacey.

• Sad 9

8 minutes ago, Lady J said:

That's too bad, as I really liked her.  I follow her on Instagram, but didn't see anything.  I thought she might have been let go since she wasn't on ITKWD last night. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Kristine Zell I think too, from reading the comments on Stacey’s Instagram. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

I liked Stacey, too.  Pretty hard for her to find a niche when the prime hours are littered with the same handful of hosts every day of the week.

For me, the writing was on the wall for her when the ITKWD show ditched her and put Mary back....they kept Stacey just long enough for Mary to take her vacation.  Cold move on QVC's part, but it happens in businesses all the time.  Plus, it was the 15th of month...payday for a lot of people.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Oh dear! I hope Stacey paid for that kitchen before the axe fell! 

She was a bit bland but totally inoffensive. I wonder if Mary is back to sidekicking DV permanently now that Q2 is 24/7 repeats? 

I think Katerina Zit is dreadful. Can’t believe she’s hanging onto a job. 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 5

I wonder if they knew then that Q2 would shutter and Mary would lose her kitchen show and had to save her.

Bummed about Stacey.

• Like 6

Anyting about Kerstin? She's probably safe, knowing the bad taste and poor decision-making skills of the Q powers-that-be.

One can only hope...

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I bet any one with a "permanent" primetime or daytime slot is safe.

Others are generally fillers and in the corporate world, expendable. 

• Like 5

I may have spoken too soon about Kristine Zell, was just going off the profile she used to comment on Stacey’s post, but she does still have her qvc Instagram active. Hmm. What made me think she was one of them was she said she was coming over, then the post on her page said ‘one thing is certain. There is no certainty in life’. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Maybe this is why Courtney Cason decided to leave and be a stay at home mom. She may have seen the writing on the wall, with the few time slots she had being on Q2.

• Like 3
  • Useful 11

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

i can't find anything more via instagram,  

I've been looking too, also on FB - haven't found anything else. I wonder when QVC will update the hosts page.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Maybe this is why Courtney Cason decided to leave and be a stay at home mom. She may have seen the writing on the wall, with the few time slots she had being on Q2.

I remember when Sharon saw the writing on her wall and, in the name of staying home with the kids, left when they hired a whole herd of new, mostly younger female hosts.  She should have stuck it out because many of them are probably on their way out now, as we are seeing in real time.

What I wouldn't give to see her back in the kitchen, frugally talking about her kids allotted portions of food, instead of the giggle storm that is there now. At this point, it seems like the kitchen set might be the only one to survive.

• Like 3

I doubt if they will do away with Mary's Q2 kitchen show. They will probably just make room for it on Q1.  She is David's #1 gal and food is still a hot commodity.

• Like 5

A little birdie told me that 450 people were let go at QVC, 4 of them hosts. Stacey Stauffer is out. It looks as if Elise Ivy is the 2nd host to be relieved of duty.

Also, most remaining employees (those behind the camera) will be working from home. Permanently.

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 3

54 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

I doubt if they will do away with Mary's Q2 kitchen show. They will probably just make room for it on Q1.  She is David's #1 gal and food is still a hot commodity.

QVC2 is going to previously recorded shows, permanently. Where does that leave UM? As David's sidekick. Too bad, really. Stacey was better. At least she didn't put up with David's childishness.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Wait, wait. I’ve got another idea for a tee. “Does Lisa Robertson still work here?”  😂

LOL!

Please don't! 

They have 911 on speed dial and paddy wagons ready for just such an occasion. 

• Laugh 3

Looking at the extended schedule online through August 2, the only two hosts I can see who do not have shows listed are SS and Zell.  A few hosts, such as Nancy, are barely seen on the schedule. 

Also, it looks like Ali Carr is going to be the new Stacey on Wednesdays.

If the schedule as it stands right now is correct, all of the newbies are OK, but with fewer hours and with the exception of Terri, pretty much stuck with overnights.  Indeed, even some of the longer-serving hosts will be seeing fewer on-air hours.

Also, I'm thinking ITKWM is going to become a Wednesday morning show.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 1

5 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

I just found out who the other two hosts are that have been let go.

Gabrielle Kerr and Antonella Nester.

Sad.  I will miss them.

There were others that should have gone instead, at least in terms of likeability.  Decision must have been purely by $ numbers with maybe an undertone of favoritism.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Lori NoGo said:

There were others that should have gone instead, at least in terms of likeability.  Decision must have been purely by $ numbers with maybe an undertone of favoritism.

Most definitely an undertone of favoritism if Julia Cearley is still there!  I can't imagine that her numbers are good. 

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: edited content; typos!
  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Wow.! Just hopped off the morning chore wagon. Of course came here to catch up.

Wondering how long it will take them to update the host page, 2 months, 6 months, 2 years?

A positive comment about Katrina Z. - I think...maybe...she’s been working with someone to fix her crooked mouth speaking trait. If so, it helps IMHO. 

I enjoy catching the occasional story about famous actors, public figures who have worked to lose a stutter or other speech impediments. I find that to be very interesting and highly admirable. There have to be several listings for just such a vocal coach in the West Chester area, if not the greater Philadelphia city limits. They should look in the Yellow Pages.

B79FF31E-4225-457E-9375-FE1BFD1521AA.jpeg.0c51ee3fe8f021cdbb2fc9602532d103.jpeg

• Useful 2

1 minute ago, Dottie D said:

Most definitely an undertone of favoritism of Julia Cearley is still there!  I can't imagine her numbers are good. 

That's right!  I forgot about her!  So weird.  Maybe there is more trimming of fat to come.

• Useful 4
  • Surprise 1

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Or perhaps Ant and Gabrielle's salaries are higher.   Sorry to see this.

Me too.  Ant is a resourceful, multi-faceted woman.  She has reinvented herself before, in terms of changing to a career wholly unlike her previous one.  I think she can do it again, as the economy allows. 

I wish her and Gabrielle well. 

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 11

22 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

Most definitely an undertone if favoritism of Julia Cearley is still there!  I can't imagine her numbers are good. 

Agree. I can't believe they let Ant and Gabrielle go and kept her - and Terri Conn.

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

25 minutes ago, Booney said:

Agree. I can't believe they let Ant and Gabrielle go and kept her - and Terri Conn.

Cheap labor?

Edited by Lori NoGo
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

I feel really bad about Antonella. I've watched her ever since she started at QVC. I've been worried about how much she's changed lately, with the blond hair and the way she let Shawn push her around.

Now I want to see if Shawn will mention the departure of her friend "Nay Nay" on air or on social media. I can just see her bitching and moaning on a future Dare to Share show that "It's just not the same without Nay Nay." So which unfortunate host will they pair with Shawn on the beauty show next?

I hope Antonella finds something new and fulfilling to do -- or maybe she'd enjoy just taking a vacation from all the craziness for a while.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

I’m kind of surprised they didn’t at least let Ant get a farewell show. Hasn’t she been there a long time?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I imagine Elise is upset after this birthday tribute she made to her friend Mary.  

20200716_123315.thumb.jpg.a399f2499f5d80044886f4cf2b19ba80.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

As for snobby Stacey. I don't think she was working much at the Q these days. Too busy designing her new home. Sounds like she really has no plans to return to the workforce anytime soon. Enjoy being a Wine Mom you are so proud of! 🍷🥂🍾🍸👩‍👧‍👦

20200716_123809.thumb.jpg.42328ec176cad26996c12ae3fecdc72c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Sad 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.