Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

41 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Janie looks like she wearing make-up for black and white film. Yikes.

Yeah, she went a little heavy on the eye makeup, probably because she’s doing two makeup shows back-to-back. On a positive note, I’m surprised that I don’t think the dress looks bad on her. I caught a quick glimpse of her walking though, and she’s got knee-length burgundy suede boots on which don’t work with the dress IMO. June Cleaver would not approve.

98B0F028-863F-44F7-9F1D-B8E1540440A1.thumb.jpeg.0ecfa8b43f5c9ac3154da6776d7f12eb.jpeg

17BD0562-61D8-4CA1-A7A8-E055AB1207F6.thumb.jpeg.6ec52acf08d9fe039dd60e329e233f5a.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Booney said:

Yeah, she went a little heavy on the eye makeup, probably because she’s doing two makeup shows back-to-back. On a positive note, I’m surprised that I don’t think the dress looks bad on her. I caught a quick glimpse of her walking though, and she’s got knee-length burgundy suede boots on which don’t work with the dress IMO. June Cleaver would not approve.

98B0F028-863F-44F7-9F1D-B8E1540440A1.thumb.jpeg.0ecfa8b43f5c9ac3154da6776d7f12eb.jpeg

17BD0562-61D8-4CA1-A7A8-E055AB1207F6.thumb.jpeg.6ec52acf08d9fe039dd60e329e233f5a.jpeg

It's a smidge tight in the bodice but looks good otherwise. The upper half, with the tie and bell sleeves draws the eye up to her upper half. The colors are really pretty and look nice on her.

She should ditch the Breezies bra and get  a different one to hoist up the girls.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 4

I think it's interesting that people think women should wear their hair short when they get older. Jane's hair looks harsh and makes her look older. A soft bob would be much more flattering on her.

• Like 7

I don't think it is so much the shortness of the hair that isn't good, I think it is not having any bangs or any hair on her forehead. Many people cannot wear that much 'face' and need something to lighten the extreme look of nothing, if that makes sense?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think it is so much the shortness of the hair that isn't good, I think it is not having any bangs or any hair on her forehead. Many people cannot wear that much 'face' and need something to lighten the extreme look of nothing, if that makes sense?

She needs a style that covers her ears, too.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Am I missing something in our current culture?  What is it with QVC punctuating their airtime with people drinking alcohol?  I get it if it's being presented, but I feel like QVC heads must think we're all a bunch of lushes that sit around and drink with our "friends" - a.k.a "hosts" while we watch FriYay or whatever the hell they're calling it that day.  And 99% of the time it's not even real, it's ginger ale or something, so you have these hosts walking around and pretending they're drinking wine.

My house isn't dry and I've been known to have a cocktail or two (or three or five!), so I'm saying this not from the standpoint that I'm offended, it's just not that big of a deal to me and I don't understand why QVC is making it such a big part of their air time.  Is it just me that feels like this?

What am I missing?  And, more importantly, why is QVC doing it?  They all look like idots, to me at least.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Am I missing something in our current culture?  What is it with QVC punctuating their airtime with people drinking alcohol?  I get it if it's being presented, but I feel like QVC heads must think we're all a bunch of lushes that sit around and drink with our "friends" - a.k.a "hosts" while we watch FriYay or whatever the hell they're calling it that day.  And 99% of the time it's not even real, it's ginger ale or something, so you have these hosts walking around and pretending they're drinking wine.

My house isn't dry and I've been known to have a cocktail or two (or three or five!), so I'm saying this not from the standpoint that I'm offended, it's just not that big of a deal to me and I don't understand why QVC is making it such a big part of their air time.  Is it just me that feels like this?

What am I missing?  And, more importantly, why is QVC doing it?  They all look like idots, to me at least.

Maybe they're hoping viewers get shitfaced and go on a drunken spending spree.  Drunk dialing = drunk shopping with the Q.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Could be trying to tap into the “Mommy wine culture” that is out there.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Just now, Thumper said:

Could be trying to tap into the “Mommy wine culture” that is out there.

Maybe, but most of Q's clientele are grannys. Is there a Granny Wine Culture? 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Maybe they're hoping viewers get shitfaced and go on a drunken spending spree.  Drunk dialing = drunk shopping with the Q.

Winner,winner, chicken dinner. This is exactly what QVC is doing, hoping people make impulsive buying decisions  when the viewer isn't sober. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Winner,winner, chicken dinner. This is exactly what QVC is doing, hoping people make impulsive buying decisions  when the viewer isn't sober. 

Well, it sure worked for many home shopping “parties” I went to through the years! 😁.  A little wine and people are more likely to buy!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Rachelle MacCray is back, she did the late hour last night.  She had a really, really nasty battle with endometriosis which she detailed on her Instagram.  

Sounds horrible and I'm happy she seems to have recovered so well. With that, I'll avoid for now commenting on her hostitude.

• Like 9

Just a reminder that today is the last day to vote in the fashion poll. The polls close tonight at 12:01 a.m. (technically Sunday morning).

Remember that there are three parts to the poll and each part has three categories, for a total of nine categories. You can vote once in each category. If you've only voted in Part 1 (I noticed that the vote count is higher there), you can still vote in Parts 2 and 3. You'll find Parts 1, 2 and 3 in the Shopping Channel forum main menu.

Looking forward to seeing who our "winners" are tomorrow!

• Like 9

Watching AM Style today and for once, it has been a decent show. The whole time I have been watching...it has been all fashion! Leah looks fab today in that Isaac polka dot sweater, which is nice...but a bit too pricey IMO. Yet another item onto the wishlist in the hopes of a price reduction or free shipping.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Watching AM Style today and for once, it has been a decent show. The whole time I have been watching...it has been all fashion! Leah looks fab today in that Isaac polka dot sweater, which is nice...but a bit too pricey IMO. Yet another item onto the wishlist in the hopes of a price reduction or free shipping.

ever look at the "as is " section ? 

• Useful 1

7 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

ever look at the "as is " section ? 

I have...but I never purchased from it. I’ve read both good and bad experiences with it.  Maybe one of these days, I will give it a try. And of course, I spoke too soon as yet another endless Breezies presentation is on. Can’t stand their OAP’s!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

too bad we can't anon send that survey to the Q

I'm guessing that there are more than a few QVC folks who view the fashion polls!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Oh my.

Yes, Q is selling NFL feetie pajamas today.

pjs.PNG

Now that is taking one for the team !

• Like 4
  • Laugh 13

21 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Oh my.

Yes, Q is selling NFL feetie pajamas today.

pjs.PNG

dl$s

note to Q season is almost over 

why not selling that in October or as a christmas gift, 

missed opportunity

1 hour ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

I have...but I never purchased from it. I’ve read both good and bad experiences with it.  Maybe one of these days, I will give it a try. And of course, I spoke too soon as yet another endless Breezies presentation is on. Can’t stand their OAP’s!

i have bought some things, good prices and there was nothing wrong with what I got.  my issues were sizing but the product was fine 

You just need to look everyday tho 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Now that is taking one for the team !

Especially considering the Eagles aren't even in the playoffs anymore (yeah, there's cheering for the local team and all that).

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Stacey Stuffit and Ginger Puss are doing ITKWM this afternoon 

Puss is hovering in the background pretending to type into a laptop 🙄

Edited by Burly
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Hmmm interesting. She just started a recipe and was pointing out a plate of different spices. Very visible shaky hand/fingers. Miss Ginger Puss isn’t as confident as she would have us believe. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

9 minutes ago, Burly said:

Stacey Stuffit and Ginger Puss are doing ITKWM this afternoon 

Puss is hovering in the background pretending to type into a laptop 🙄

Well, GP had at least two Saturdays to host all by herself, and they've brought in Stacey for the last Saturday before Mary comes back on Wednesday.  Maybe a coincidence, or maybe it was decided Stacey needed to lend a hand.  I dunno.

4 minutes ago, Burly said:

Hmmm interesting. She just started a recipe and was pointing out a plate of different spices. Very visible shaky hand/fingers. Miss Ginger Puss isn’t as confident as she would have us believe. 

At least she knew to keep her hands on the counter when necessary so it wasn't as noticeable.

• Like 3

Schoolboy error with all of her scrawled notes being on clear display though. DV or Mary would have smoothly flipped those over a nanosecond before our eyes were able to focus on the words...

Edited by Burly
  • Like 3

Alberti's back in the feetie PJs helping present the TSV; you can tell he's likely shortening his stride since the thing is only 40 inches long (guess the presentation of the PJs is coming up; yes I know they're called adult onesies or Union PJs but I call them feetie PJs).

And Kerstin's getting preachy again.

pjs2.PNG

• Laugh 2

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Meanwhile, over on HSN, Colleen and Curtis Stone are competing to see who can get the most words in.

That damn Curtis always suckers me in. Bought the TS to match with the Durastone set I have. I do like the cookware. 

Colleen has incrementally gotten an attitude.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Allison Waggoner, formerly of Evine/ShopHQ, is on Q2 right now as the Beekman OAP (or as she's officially titled, Chief Milk Maiden).  Looks to me that she's had some work done.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Allison Waggoner, formerly of Evine/ShopHQ, is on Q2 right now as the Beekman OAP (or as she's officially titled, Chief Milk Maiden).  Looks to me that she's had some work done.

Hmm, maybe.  I thought she looked like she hadn't shed her holiday weight gain?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Alberti's back in the feetie PJs helping present the TSV; you can tell he's likely shortening his stride since the thing is only 40 inches long (guess the presentation of the PJs is coming up; yes I know they're called adult onesies or Union PJs but I call them feetie PJs).

pjs2.PNG

there is nothing good about this

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

pjs2.PNG

treadmill.thumb.JPG.db3b33e1f09a42d46015ed759064a0e5.JPG

• Laugh 6

Not to be political,  but since it's 2020 I'm surprised in a post-MeToo era that the Beekmans condone a term like Milk Maid.

If I were so inclined I would say it's an elitist, hyper-privileged and not to mention sexist terminology.  But you go Beekman Boys! 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

13 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Not to be political,  but since it's 2020 I'm surprised in a post-MeToo era that the Beekmans condone a term like Milk Maid.

If I were so inclined I would say it's an elitist, hyper-privileged and not to mention sexist terminology.  But you go Beekman Boys! 

Why don't the boys get #woke and refer to themselves as milk maids?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Courtney on main Q with her own show and Sandra on Q2

She’s a very good host but it’s still amazing how quickly she has moved up 

I think she’s beautiful but I don’t love the slicked back hair  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

Courtney on main Q with her own show and Sandra on Q2

She’s a very good host but it’s still amazing how quickly she has moved up 

I think she’s beautiful but I don’t love the slicked back hair  

Speaking of Sandra was just checking what was on and I thought oh my goodness Cher is hosting a show '!,,

but it was Sandra she needs to back away from the plastic surgeon

• Like 3

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.