Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

6 hours ago, Booney said:

He really did, and before he put it on, he said "I know there are going to be screenshots of this, so get ready." (Yep, he really said that.)

Oh my gosh!  I thought YOU created that picture!

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

44 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Oh my gosh!  I thought YOU created that picture!

34 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Me too. Lol

Nope, David did that all by himself at the end of his show.

• Laugh 7

So, Kerstain is already in her pool, and Courtney Cason is preggers.  Interesting.  What I get a kick out of is when people call in saying how she’s going to be the best mother.  They don’t know her from a bag of beans, so how can they know she’s going to be great?  

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

56 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

As Bugs would say, “What a maroon”...

But, they already have one. Her name is Josie. AKA, the Crisco Kid.

Edited by HissyFit
  • Laugh 3

I would love to know what DV did off camera to crack JRT up to this degree! She laughed so hard she couldn't speak, and DV had to step in and talk for her. Most enjoyable 3 min of the Q ever! 

2020-03-27 21.38.31.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

JRT LOVES DV! She was giving him HUGE air hugs thru Skype from one studio to the other!!! 

Amy Stran on selling Dooney. She also shared that the last few days have been an emotional  roller coaster ride for her at home . . .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

JRT LOVES DV! She was giving him HUGE air hugs thru Skype from one studio to the other!!! 

Amy Stran on selling Dooney. She also shared that the last few days have been an emotional  roller coaster ride for her at home . . .

Oh, don’t leave me Shtrand-ed!

Any Amy details?

• Laugh 4

14 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Just a thought:  Perhaps one of the reasons why they banned eating or drinking anything is because of fear that if they were, one or more people watching would freak out and contact the local and/or state health departments.  So ban eating/drinking completely to eliminate that risk, even if they just wound up being told to cut the eating and drinking out.

Could be. I also think that QVC is protecting itself from possible lawsuits later on. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Stran didn't say anything specific. I checked her fb page and it was the usual Mommy gloating but happy chaos and showing off her wonderful husband. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, seasons said:

Now that we see all these mostly unnecessary oaps from their homes, I'm noticing that they pretty much all seem to have really nice homes. Must be pretty lucrative or partnered up with spouse with more of a steady job?😕

They do have nice places.

I've been enjoying having the OAPs do the remote from their homes. I watched the TSV presented a few times today. The OAP (think his name is Craig) has 2 dogs. At different times one of his dogs was behind him on the couch watching what was going on. It was really cute. This more relaxed atmosphere is more entertaining than being in the studio.

• Like 5

On 3/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Booney said:

Here’s another use for the TSV spheres...

466FB36B-F1EF-4E88-9D00-42AB90161864.thumb.jpeg.7c13a9f7287644414fd8cea0f5ae931a.jpeg

David will probably get QVC to make a Chia head now so he can sell those, too. "cha-cha-cha-happydance"

David resembles Richard Simmons wearing that flower sphere.

973881d4e0bd5dbe2b3e0e4bef3c241f--richar

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

I think that Amy did a really,  really good job with the Dooney show. Sure, she addressed realities. She said she can take only so much news and has to leave the room. I get it, me too.

Sure, she talked about the challenges of the kids schooling at home.  But not whining about it.

I like that she said she was happy they were Live because people were still working and she waved to the few crew members across the set.

She said don't buy this if you really can't right now, but stay and be entertained. They are saying that more.

I appreciate them being on when I can't take watching more reality than I need to.  I'd much rather watch her hopeful optimism than someone griping and moaning. 

• Like 19

On 3/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, Coffeecup said:

Another host crying and whining on her Instagram, not nearly as bad as Skunk, but still quite excruciating. Kerstin in her pajamas, weeping and blowing her nose (at least she used tissues!), reading scripture, and worrying that she isn't a perfect mom.

Come on, Kerstin, woman up!  All of us are experiencing hardship and stress during this time of crisis. Cry about it in private. On your QVC-branded social media account, try to present yourself as someone who can hold herself together. Use Antonella as your example.

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist Instagram crying 1 3-26-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist Instagram crying 2 3-26-20.jpg

WTF is she boohooing about?  Fuck it’s not war, pestilence and famine!  She’s got a nice house, husband, kids, jobs....it’s not the end of the world.  She has to stay with her kids for a few days and loses it?  She would have been useless in the Dust Bowl Days or WWII.  STOP WHINING!

• Like 22

33 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

such as reading the bible, eating perfectly, exercising etc, unrealistic. no-one does that all the time 

Some do.

• Like 5

JohnnyStar5, glad you stuck around and watched the Dooney show to get more details from Stran. I only watched her open the show and that was the first thing out of her mouth. 

All children have some kind of home learning plan now until at least April 15 in NY and/or further notice!  I heard in CT schools are closed until Sept as well as some other states. So it can be a challenge especially with the little ones like Stran has.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

All children have some kind of home learning plan now until at least April 15 in NY and/or further notice!  I heard in CT schools are closed until Sept as well as some other states. So it can be a challenge especially with the little ones like Stran has.

Sorry but these parents need to suck it up.  Some, but not all parents, act like their kids are a big inconvenience being at home.   They need to chill and enjoy their kids.  If their kids are in elementary school then put school in perspective.    It’s elementary school.  In the big scheme of life, grades in elementary school  are not that important.  Do the bare minimum, stop stressing and stressing out your kids. 

I was a SAHM.  Loved my kids being home.  Most of the time they entertained each other.  Life doesn’t have to be scheduled.  

• Like 16

Turned on The Q just now and watching on mute. I try to see any appeal in Kirsten, but it totally escapes me. She looks bored one minute, then bursts into ballet moves the next.  Mostly, she acts like she’s doing everyone a favor by just showing up.  There must be viewers who like her, but don’t count me in as one of them.  

Frankly, I don’t know how she even got hired.  The camera is not a close friend.  

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Turned on The Q just now and watching on mute. I try to see any appeal in Kirsten, but it totally escapes me. She looks bored one minute, then bursts into ballet moves the next.  Mostly, she acts like she’s doing everyone a favor by just showing up.  There must be viewers who like her, but don’t count me in as one of them.  

Frankly, I don’t know how she even got hired.  The camera is not a close friend. 

Watch her from this perspective:  Bored = why are they making me try to sell this.  Reasonably interested= This is OK for me to sell.  Enthusiastic = I love this!  I could sell it all day!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

LOL ! You can't tell her that. She thinks she is God's gift to the world. 

Oh God! I'm going to be sick.

• Like 5

This New Dooney  Gives You a Glow!

You'll Look Great, Oh So Fab, What a Show!

It Will Be Your Best Friend.

Right Up To The End.

Even Though You Have Nowhere To Go!

Edited by JohnnyStar5 · Reason: Made it more rhythmic.
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

Kerstin Sobs That Her Life is a Wreck!

Why Those Kids, They Are Causing Her Heck!

She Can Sip On Some Wine

In That Pool So Divine!

While Cashing That Q- V- C Check!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 14

On 3/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Booney said:

Here’s another use for the TSV spheres...

466FB36B-F1EF-4E88-9D00-42AB90161864.thumb.jpeg.7c13a9f7287644414fd8cea0f5ae931a.jpeg

4B717413-C601-41AF-952C-8FFE223E1CF7.thumb.jpeg.156656302625df78da940fb651543bba.jpeg

GOOD GRIEF.

Does anyone else notice a resemblance between that ... thing and something else?

Maybe they could try selling it as a Coronavirus Hat?

coronavirus-cdc-a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 22

12 hours ago, Burly said:

I do! 😏

*slides 5lb tin of Cadbury’s choccies under sofa with foot*

I KNEW I liked you Burly!!!  Edited to add, I think this was from a different forum but it posted here. No clue what is happening. Cray cray times.

Edited by mayvenne
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Kerstin was very perky today, posing like crazy. A total contrast to the blubbering mess on her Instagram.

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist fashion 12 collage 1 3-28-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist fashion 13 collage 2.jpg

My employer only allows me to work in pajamas when I telework.

• Like 9

“Does anyone else notice a resemblance between that ... thing and something else”

Yes, I see a 50+ man in a bowling shirt that doesn’t fit who’s gone off the rails. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I was surprised to hear Amy mention her use of botox earlier tonight.  I never heard her discuss that before.  Isn't she only 40?  Wow, that seems crazy to me.  I can't imagine doing that (I'm in her age range).  She looks pretty and youthful to me.  She has that petite/pixie thing going on and has a great sense of style.  She mentioned her appointment being cancelled due to the current crisis, and she joked about wrinkles.  I noticed she quickly apologized and said she hoped she didn't offend anyone.  I'm not sure why these hosts confess personal stuff like this--it kinda looks bad when you're peddling all those expensive beauty devices, creams, etc.!

And speaking of Amy -- she looks so much like the character Ann from the show That Girl.  Since I dumped satellite TV, I'm watching all the over-the-air channels.  I've been getting into that show lately (all this extra TV watching), and I was freaking out at first trying to figure out who this character reminded me of -- then it came to me...Amy from the Q.  She looks so much like her.  Amy acts like her too -- the fast talk and the energy to match.  She also loves fashion, and Amy used to be an actress (just like the character).  All she needs is the right wig and big false eyelashes...LOL!  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Kerstin was very perky today, posing like crazy. A total contrast to the blubbering mess on her Instagram.

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist fashion 12 collage 1 3-28-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist fashion 13 collage 2.jpg

She will cry, go shopping in a bikini , roll around on the floor on live tv. Anything for attention.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Hyacinth B said:

GOOD GRIEF.

Does anyone else notice a resemblance between that ... thing and something else?

Maybe they could try selling it as a Coronavirus Hat?

coronavirus-cdc-a.jpg

When I first saw your post I didn’t pay attention to the second part about corona virus. It kinda looked like one of the ads they run between our posts. So I was thinking you didn’t want to mention what it looked like because it was naughty. So I kept looking at David with that stupid flower thing on his head while saying to myself.....I just don’t really see it looking like a dick!!  No matter how I looked at it...no penis. I’m beginning to worry about myself now 🤪🤪🤪 

• Laugh 7

Oh Lord, Pat & Dan are cracking me up this morning!  It's very helpful.  To me, Q being live is a public service.  I needed to laugh. And Thank Gawd Caro doesn't have these Sunday morning hours anymore!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Oh Lord, Pat & Dan are cracking me up this morning!  It's very helpful.  To me, Q being live is a public service.  I needed to laugh. And Thank Gawd Caro doesn't have these Sunday morning hours anymore!

I totally agree with you. This morning was relaxing and entertaining. Pat is very calm, describes items in perfect detail and just seems genuinely nice...someone you could be friends with. She and Dan have great rapport, and each does well alone without a hard sell or a schtick. As a result, I purchased three items 🤦‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Pat has impressed me the most, so far, through this!  Calm, informative.  And rarely,  if ever, calls upon deceased family members for support.  

She can say "Go 'head with your $20 bill alert" all she wants.  A true professional.  She calms me down.

• Like 16

She’s great when she’s not working with Jane Brown. I have no idea if they’re friends IRL but on air they suck the life out of eachother. 

I wonder if all of these big joints of ham will end up being stored in the freezer until next Easter because without wanting to be Debbie Downer I don’t think we’ll be having big family gatherings this Easter coming. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

And speaking of Amy -- she looks so much like the character Ann from the show That Girl.  Since I dumped satellite TV, I'm watching all the over-the-air channels.  I've been getting into that show lately (all this extra TV watching), and I was freaking out at first trying to figure out who this character reminded me of -- then it came to me...Amy from the Q.  She looks so much like her.  Amy acts like her too -- the fast talk and the energy to match.  She also loves fashion, and Amy used to be an actress (just like the character).  All she needs is the right wig and big false eyelashes...LOL!  

Not as much now, but for a while she did have a hairdo that really rocked the whole That Girl vibe. The eyeshadow and 1960's era fake eyelashes too.

• Like 1

Zakarian Skyping in from his kitchen at home for the skillet sale. Why is he wearing a shirt and tie

and why has he brought his little daughter into it? 

some of these people are absolutely shameless. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Burly said:

Zakarian Skyping in from his kitchen at home for the skillet sale. Why is he wearing a shirt and tie

The new uniform (for me anyhow): shirt, tie, and pajama bottoms.

1 hour ago, Burly said:

I wonder if all of these big joints of ham will end up being stored in the freezer until next Easter because without wanting to be Debbie Downer I don’t think we’ll be having big family gatherings this Easter coming. 

I was thinking of making a ham anyhow (not the $70 ripoff they've been selling). But we can always freeze the leftovers. Its really the only time of year I make one and its my favorite thing. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Burly said:

He is the worst.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, rcc said:

Because his schtick is to be the classy, well dressed Iron Chef. He kills me when he dresses with the shirt, tie and sport jacket on the Kitchen when the others are casual. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 4

The child was in full shopping tv sale mode... attach the magnetic trivet to the bottom of the pan/detach the magnetic trivet while smiling glassily into the camera. 

Seriously. Using your child to bolster sales. How does Z sleep nights? 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 6

The ITKWD "quiz" today was "What popular condiment is commonly added to Mac & Cheese in Canada?"

The options were BBQ Sauce, Soy Sauce, Ketchup, or Honey.

David looked visibly grossed out at the answer; he thought it was going to be BBQ sauce.  The answer is ketchup.

If Meredith Laurence was still around, I bet the next time she would have appeared in studio, on-air she would have had a bottle of ketchup nearby for the requisite Mac & Cheese dish.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

14 minutes ago, Burly said:

The child was in full shopping tv sale mode... attach the magnetic trivet to the bottom of the pan/detach the magnetic trivet while smiling glassily into the camera. 

Seriously. Using your child to bolster sales. How does Z sleep nights? 

On a bed of 💰💰💰💰 !

• Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.