Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

MaryD, IMHO, does a better than average job with whatever slot she represents, but I just can’t get past the lisp. I realize it may not be correctable beyond where she is now,  but nonetheless, it is very distracting (to me)  🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

MaryD, IMHO, does a better than average job with whatever slot she represents, but I just can’t get past the lisp. I realize it may not be correctable beyond where she is now,  but nonetheless, it is very distracting (to me)  🤷‍♀️

I can't get past "my friends". It comes off as very condescending to me. She does seem prepared though, so I'll give her points.

From Wikipedia "Segel demanded that the presenters sell by informing, not pressuring the viewers about the product. This meant that presenters would have to study each product, explain the many benefits of the product, and know the product's sales history in order to make the sell more informative and entertaining. He forbid the hard sell..."

I can't imagine how he felt about the sh*t show it's become.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 1

Poor Mr. Segel's vision has been totally corrupted.  How many times does a host squeal "I didn't even know this would be in my show !"

I guess that means you didn't do much homework.  Or bother to attend a meeting.

• Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Conversely, there are a couple of hosts - one in particular comes to mind - who consistently say "I invited you here on my show today because............" or "I wanted you in my show because......", which implies that they, not the show planners, are running the show.

Both approaches are tiresome.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 15

On 12/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, JohnnyStar5 said:

Yeah, I don't care how much vacation David takes but turning him into a Joan of Arc Kitchen Martyr is wearing thin.  Lots of us work and lots of us get vacation.   His is no more well deserved than mine or yours.

His job is eating junk food and dancing like a fool, so maybe he's less deserving of vacation 🙂

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

The Amy Stran show on now is called Style Scene.

I only know that because after I tuned out upon seeing her sell yet another brand of leggings called "zuda Z-Stretch Momentum Ankle-Length Leggings" (and hearing her say they're the only legging she wears that she really doesn't mind earring all day...something I'm sure she's said about other brands)....only to tune back about 15 minutes later to see her pushing the Campanelli Fresh Face 12-piece Towel Kit with gift boxes... I wondered....what the hell kind of show is this? Leggings and face towels in the same show? What the....?

So...the show is called Style Scene. Who knew Capanelli Face Towels had anything to do with "style."

I will tune in later to see CK selling Dooney bags. I've seen her sell Dooney's before. And she's good. I'll give her that. IF D&B had a style of bag I liked (at a price I was willing to pay) CK could persuade me to buy.

(I could be in the market for a zipper top tote bag -- IF it wasn't more than $100, and if I didn't think it would be heavy before I even put anything in it. A bag that can double as my purse and professional tote. But given that I doubt I'll ever see a D&B large tote/purse for under $100. I'm safe.)

ETA: The Breezies bra TSV did push me to get some bras.....so I went out to Lane Bryant and took advantage of their sale. Plus ...no one I've seen in the Breezies bras yet has their boobs up high as I like mine.😀)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Old big hair joke: The higher the hair, the closer to God.

We could make a new joke: The higher the boobs...

misc pics actors Dolly Parton young 1.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Thanks for the Dolly photo. It's an example of what I call low boobs. They should be just.a.little.bit.higher. 

(So you can't hold a pencil underneath😀)

Edited by selhars
  • Laugh 1

KK is front & center with D&B. She gets all the prime spots. I’d wish they show more of Terri Conn but she hardly gets any airtime. Also, the black model with the short cropped blonde hair is stunning. She’s way more understated then Katia. Actually, every model is. LOL!!!

• Like 1

I had KK & Downey on while washing dishes and had to LOL at this (not verbatim, but close):

KK:  [After citing sales figures] I just premiered this item a week ago, which tells you how popular it is.

OPA:  Well, it’s the December Bag of the Month, so...

Edited by Somebody Stop Me
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

KK is front & center with D&B. She gets all the prime spots. I’d wish they show more of Terri Conn but she hardly gets any airtime. Also, the black model with the short cropped blonde hair is stunning. She’s way more understated then Katia. Actually, every model is. LOL!!!

I can't believe I can't remember her name. She is gorgeous.

• Like 1

The program guide says Antonella and Rick are doing the New Year's Eve Special show. Thank goodness we won't have to see Shawn making it into a wine-drinking event. Ant and Rick should do a fun show. They're both very upbeat people.

• Like 12

A few days ago I had Q on, volume down while reading.  Kerstin's Closet.  I turn to look at the screen and she's down on the floor doing pushups! Did anyone see this; I didn't catch what she was trying to demonstrate,  other than that she is a complete tool.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 3

I’m hoping to enjoy Antonella and Rick. If she gets out of hand Rick can rein her in. I think they will both be funny. But not SK”funny”. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.31f3eaba57ec47bbbc4b5ea48a400011.png

Are you suggesting this sister-wife top is ugly? You don't find shoulder ruffles, peplum, and shapeless a match made in fashion heaven?

Perusing the comments, and I have to say this commentary is one of the best descriptions EVER. Leedenny- good job!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I can't believe I can't remember her name. She is gorgeous.

Is this who we're talking about? Blair Adair Griffith....I know she also won a beauty pageant but not sure which one. 

images.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

I had KK & Dooney on while washing dishes and had to LOL at this (not verbatim, but close):

KK:  [After citing sales figures] I just premiered this item a week ago, which tells you how popular it is.

OPA:  Well, it’s the December Bag of the Month, so...

ETA:. OMG, the number of typos in this post is horrifying. I blame all the holiday sugar, LOL.

12 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

• Laugh 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Is this who we're talking about? Blair Adair Griffith....I know she also won a beauty pageant but not sure which one. 

images.jpg

Thank you. It was driving me nuts trying to remember her name.

• Like 3

2019 Gifts of Spite Poll!

Hey everyone - the first ever Gifts of Spite poll is posted and ready for your votes. There are three parts:

Part 1 has three categories: Beauty Aids; Shoes, Bags & Accessories; and Cleaning Products. You can vote once in each of the three categories.

Part 2 also has three categories: Home & Garden Decor; Holiday Decor; and Miscellaneous. You can vote once in each of the three categories.

Part 3 has one category: Christmas Sweaters. You can vote once in this category.

Please note that the format of this poll is different from previous polls. There's a glitch in the software that's preventing pictures from being displayed next to the voting buttons. The mods are working on figuring out the glitch but, in the meantime, we've come up with a temporary solution. At the top of the screen in each part of the poll you'll see the voting buttons with the items listed next to them. If you scroll down the page - beyond where it says "Submit Vote", you'll find the corresponding pictures for each of those items. Just keep scrolling and you'll see pictures of all of the nominees for all of the categories in that poll.

The poll closes at 12:01 on January 3, so you have a few days to view and vote. Enjoy, and hopefully none of these Gifts of Spite ended up under your Christmas tree!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Oh dear. Chef Joe McAllister struggling with the CE Retro style personal blender K49635. The one in red that seems to have cranberries in it just totally failed live on air. 😀

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Ice Queen Jennifer Kovich is doing Germack today. Lots of people having well deserved vay-cays it would seem! 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 1

Thanks Booney!  I laughed so hard at some of those pictures!  Just what I needed on a rainy Sunday.

Sadly, many members of my family would think the cleaning products would all be appropriate gifts.  I got lucky this year - nary a cleaning product as a gift.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

23 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.31f3eaba57ec47bbbc4b5ea48a400011.png

Are you suggesting this sister-wife top is ugly? You don't find shoulder ruffles, peplum, and shapeless a match made in fashion heaven?

Just wanted to observe that yesterday's clearance price of $84.98 has been reduced to $93.64.  Just like when I mentioned the original price of $134.98, this is not a typo.

All colors and sizes still available.

I see pallets in their future.

• Laugh 7

Caro’s been dumped onto Q2 with a three-hour D&C show. Her outfit isn’t horrible (there’s a ringing endorsement!), her pants aren’t too short for once, and everything appears to fit. Yet having arrows circling one’s widest part is probably not the best style choice. 😊

06E1DFA1-2837-4B37-A868-1900FA5B6AD7.thumb.jpeg.75eaf74cf8384fa036d1cfc1ab54491c.jpeg

D615B2AF-46F6-4202-A923-E520C7C58CA8.thumb.jpeg.f16703931df2afb4ed0a44b15e3384ac.jpeg

“Nutsy” has made a reappearance. Do you think Gary is getting a little tired of the squirrel theme?

B7AAA009-5AA7-406B-93A9-53644A955AA5.thumb.jpeg.189dc8031e6718ad8f606fa13d97eee1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Caro just said about the sweater she has on - “This looks very designer, not what you’d typically expect from Denim & Co.” Once again she manages to slip in a back-handed compliment!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Oh, come on now! Caro just said that she’s in the Large and Pam is in the 1X. Liar, liar, pants on fire - there’s no way Caro is two sizes smaller than Pam!

She also said, “Gary, the sweater is supposed to be open in the front. You don’t need to get one large enough to close.” Hey, that should be Carolyn’s fashion motto - you don’t need to get one large enough to close!

0A421BF6-080E-4AE5-B0F6-085A4E3CBF30.thumb.jpeg.88ebf403f98240df66bec6a3051d5d10.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

10 minutes ago, Booney said:

Oh, come on now! Caro just said that she’s in the Large and Pam is in the 1X. Liar, liar, pants on fire - there’s no way Caro is two sizes smaller than Pam!

She also said, “Gary, the sweater is supposed to be open in the front. You don’t need to get one large enough to close.” Hey, that Carolyn’s fashion motto - you don’t need to get one large enough to close!

0A421BF6-080E-4AE5-B0F6-085A4E3CBF30.thumb.jpeg.88ebf403f98240df66bec6a3051d5d10.jpeg

They both look absolutely horrible. Baggy-legged pants with a tunic is not a good combo to start with; but topping it with a bathrobe masquerading as a sweater takes it to a whole new level of awfulness. The flats they are wearing don't help either.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

She got another dig in at Gary earlier. She asked him if his shirt was velour, and he said no, it’s corduroy - feel it. She touched the fabric, said, “Oooh, nice! Gary likes to wear things that are like what he designs for Denim & Co.” Gary quickly said, “I should start a new line - Denim & Bro.”

CA83B7E1-DC68-44F0-AC9A-AC707546029C.thumb.jpeg.825429d94a3fc6e594e2cc7b417ea2c6.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, Burly said:

Oh dear. Chef Joe McAllister struggling with the CE Retro style personal blender K49635. The one in red that seems to have cranberries in it just totally failed live on air. 😀

lol I missed that one 

47 minutes ago, Booney said:

Caro’s been dumped onto Q2 with a three-hour D&C show. Her outfit isn’t horrible (there’s a ringing endorsement!), her pants aren’t too short for once, and everything appears to fit. Yet having arrows circling one’s widest part is probably not the best style choice. 😊

06E1DFA1-2837-4B37-A868-1900FA5B6AD7.thumb.jpeg.75eaf74cf8384fa036d1cfc1ab54491c.jpeg

D615B2AF-46F6-4202-A923-E520C7C58CA8.thumb.jpeg.f16703931df2afb4ed0a44b15e3384ac.jpeg

“Nutsy” has made a reappearance. Do you think Gary is getting a little tired of the squirrel theme?

B7AAA009-5AA7-406B-93A9-53644A955AA5.thumb.jpeg.189dc8031e6718ad8f606fa13d97eee1.jpeg

Yes, that’s my hope, that I don’t look horrible ! 😂 JMO, but that’s an ugly sweater.

• Like 3

• the gifts of spite look even more awful/horrendous out of context
  • that sweater with arrows to the behind !!!
  • what started out as a benign  comment about squirrels is becoming a "thing" that is wearing out it's welcome very quickly
  • Gary does OK for being foisted with Caro
  • Like 8

I have ITKWD on with Mary D (substituting for DV and his well deserved vacay - sigh).  Cast iron pan on now - by Stove.  Never heard of it, but I'm not a cast iron aficionado.  I thought Le Creuset was THE cast iron to get??  Oh wait, that changes with the day/hour/minute - whatever they have to shill.  This pan had a glass top so you could see the food.  Revolutionary.  Can't you lift the lid off to check periodically with other pans?  The OAP said oh you could use this pan over a campfire, then said well not sure if you'd want to take the glass lid out camping.  No, I wouldn't.  

Well I'm off to Amazon to see if the basic cardigan sweater (in camel $20) is back in stock.  It's a basic cardigan, no pom pons, no fringe, no cold shoulder, no extra crap I do not want nor need (no arrows pointing to my large behind either - I don't need arrows as anyone can see it way too clearly as is).  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

8 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

I have ITKWD on with Mary D (substituting for DV and his well deserved vacay - sigh).  Cast iron pan on now - by Stove.  Never heard of it, but I'm not a cast iron aficionado.  I thought Le Creuset was THE cast iron to get??  Oh wait, that changes with the day/hour/minute - whatever they have to shill.  This pan had a glass top so you could see the food.  Revolutionary.  Can't you lift the lid off to check periodically with other pans?  The OAP said oh you could use this pan over a campfire, then said well not sure if you'd want to take the glass lid out camping.  No, I wouldn't.  

Well I'm off to Amazon to see if the basic cardigan sweater (in camel $20) is back in stock.  It's a basic cardigan, no pom pons, no fringe, no cold shoulder, no extra crap I do not want nor need (no arrows pointing to my large behind either - I don't need arrows as anyone can see it way too clearly as is).  

Yesterday's QVC2 Big Deal was an 8-piece Cooks Essentials cast iron pot and pan set.

• Laugh 2

Whoever put Dan & Caro together should be fired if they haven't already left.

Whoever put Dan & Pat back together should get a raise and a year end bonus.

Their show is fun, pleasant and relaxed.

The one with Caro was so tense and seemed like some sort of contest.

• Like 7

Diamond Dave can stay on a well-deserved vacay, IMHO. Even though Mary’s speech issue is distracting (to me), the flow of the show, minus the stupid faces, waddling around the set, ooze of southern charm, manic managing of colors and handing off sold outs of same, stuffing food into one’s face, personal assistant, happy dancing and other ridiculous antics...whew!… has been well presented, informative, entertaining and more easily endured. Wow, what a change. 

Edited by MzBrooklyn · Reason: Edit
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

That was a Staub cast iron braiser.  Staub is a great brand, equivalent to Le Creuset in terms of price (both are on sale frequently, everywhere) and functionality.  Both have their pluses and minuses - most who prefer Le Creuset over the Staub do so because Staub's interior is a black cast iron versus the enameled porcelain over cast iron that Le Creuset has.  I use both and find I prefer Le Creuset for just that reason.......the black cast iron is harder to clean.  I also like the more vibrant colors of the Le Creuset.

But I'm not digging that glass cover on today's Staub piece, either!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I apologize, I just can't help myself......at least I chose a picture of him with a different color sweater!

...and look at Pam in the picture above.  She knows Carolyn is full of crap!

3kq17e (2).jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, Booney said:

She also said, “Gary, the sweater is supposed to be open in the front. You don’t need to get one large enough to close.” Hey, that should be Carolyn’s fashion motto - you don’t need to get one large enough to close!

Accessories are cough medicine and a box of tissues. This looks like something you wear when huddled on the couch with a cold. 

• Laugh 8

2 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Diamond Dave can stay on a well-deserved vacay, IMHO. Even though Mary’s speech issue is distracting (to me), the flow of the show, minus the stupid faces, waddling around the set, ooze of southern charm, manic managing of colors and handing off sold outs of same, stuffing food into one’s face, personal assistant, happy dancing and other ridiculous antics...whew!… has been well presented, informative, entertaining and more easily endured. Wow, what a change. 

interesting

I didn't watch but wonder how how her sales are compare to his

2 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

good description of  his show 

Edited by hummingbird

QUESTION:  ****

Did anyone else notice how the Christmas trees that have been front and center for 3 months already are now disappearing into the background and non-existent?  Kind of annoying IMHO.  Also, I have noticed as well that the sizes can no way be what they are claiming to be what they are wearing - it's just not possible!!!!  

Please rank your ** TOP 5 HOSTS  *A N D * your LEAST fave HOSTS  ** in order of favorite-ness if that's a word: LOL  p.s. they have to be currently working there 

1. Mary Beth

2. Leah WIlliams

3. Pat James Dementri 

4. Dan Hughes

5.  that's all folks"

LEAST

1.  Courtneys (BOTH)

2.  Strang

3. 4. 5. All the new ones

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, starrysunset said:

QUESTION:  ****

Did anyone else notice how the Christmas trees that have been front and center for 3 months already are now disappearing into the background and non-existent?  Kind of annoying IMHO.  Also, I have noticed as well that the sizes can no way be what they are claiming to be what they are wearing - it's just not possible!!!!  

Please rank your ** TOP 5 HOSTS  *A N D * your LEAST fave HOSTS  ** in order of favorite-ness if that's a word: LOL  p.s. they have to be currently working there 

1. Mary Beth

2. Leah WIlliams

3. Pat James Dementri 

4. Dan Hughes

5.  that's all folks"

LEAST

1.  Courtneys (BOTH)

2.  Strang

3. 4. 5. All the new ones

Christmas trees were gone day after 

• Surprise 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.