Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm pretty sure that's fake snow.  Also it's obvious that it's best not to wait until it piles up; probably best to get out there when it's in the 1-3 inch range and keep up with it thereafter.

Exactly - we would do this when we were manually shoveling, go out every couple of hours to keep up with it, so it's no hardship with the Snow Joe.  In fact, it's much quicker than shoveling and my husband and I don't run the risk of throwing our backs out, either!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Booney said:

We had a whole hour of Caro riding an EV scooter.

656ED092-4F71-443F-A4EA-F6256644295C.thumb.jpeg.713ecb2f9486be5390acc64ed3dd2627.jpeg

2FB20FD4-7528-4421-81F6-2A2FA4C9E52D.thumb.jpeg.e54825d75ab3b9bb376c012494407cb7.jpeg

31C08108-D6E1-46E0-B29D-6EB432E81204.thumb.jpeg.4497df7e7db457bde8ca90b41a9c0ea8.jpeg

And, good grief, she’s wearing another shirt that she can’t button beyond the first couple of buttons. 

823541D8-D24F-4B20-A42F-7CE66C6CDB30.thumb.jpeg.b4be783d27315fe83e430ea644090a27.jpeg

she's doing what an ex-host used to recommend buttoning at the narrowest part of the torso = thinnner 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Lots of Dooney shows yesterday and caught shallow Stran presenting a bag saying it's the type of bag you hope the wait for a table when you're out for dinner takes just a little longer so you can show off the bag!!! Or when you're at the grocery store you place it in the cart a certain way to show it off!!  Has attention seeking really gotten this bad?  She has made a lot of comments like this lately and I'm starting to believe it's more than just a sales spiel.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Booney said:

We had a whole hour of Caro riding an EV scooter.

 

2FB20FD4-7528-4421-81F6-2A2FA4C9E52D.thumb.jpeg.e54825d75ab3b9bb376c012494407cb7.jpeg

 

I know they're trying to keep the thing as "compact" as possible when folded, but IMO the seatback needs to be redesigned, at the very least to have an option to make it longer.  No way that would be comfortable for your back after a while.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, mpeeps said:

Lots of Dooney shows yesterday and caught shallow Stran presenting a bag saying it's the type of bag you hope the wait for a table when you're out for dinner takes just a little longer so you can show off the bag!!! Or when you're at the grocery store you place it in the cart a certain way to show it off!!  Has attention seeking really gotten this bad?  She has made a lot of comments like this lately and I'm starting to believe it's more than just a sales spiel.

Yeah, place it in the cart a certain way to show it off and someone can steal it when you're not looking!

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I don't want to "out" the host, but one of them proudly posted this pic of a haphazard gift wrapping experiment.

Um, have they never heard of the Kringle Express gift bags they've been pushing since July.

Maybe it's just a goof.

80094995_3168711579823054_3128771331676438528_n.jpg

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I was told the child seat in the shopping cart is one of the most germiest and unsanitary and you shouldn't put your bag there because that's where baby's poopy and peepeee diapers sit and if you turn your back your handbag can get stolen. So bad idea for Stran to suggest showing off your $200+ Dooney bag this way! LOL! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yes, that's definitely fake snow that Dan and the OAP are shoveling; they're on the outdoor set and you can see the grass nearby.  Only snow on the ground in West Chester today is that which QVC is making.

While flipping by ITKWM, yesterday, lovely snow flurries while M joked with her father. Thought I heard her say they were using a snow-making machine. Did see a few secs of the snowblower presentation and the bare grass. If they already had scheduled machine for TSV, perhaps thought they'd get their money's worth spitting out some icy pellets during M's show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Ok, I don't want to "out" the host, but one of them proudly posted this pic of a haphazard gift wrapping experiment.

Um, have they never heard of the Kringle Express gift bags they've been pushing since July.

Maybe it's just a goof.

80094995_3168711579823054_3128771331676438528_n.jpg

Is that actually wrapping paper? It looks a Christmas printed zip bag that a comforter comes in. Which would actually make a great way to wrap gifts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

i think they make snow for those shows, at least I have heard that

Davids apron

-------------

why does a viewer need to go to the facebook chat to please ask the size of the drawer, that should be discussed up front 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

i think they make snow for those shows, at least I have heard that

Davids apron

-------------

why does a viewer need to go to the facebook chat to please ask the size of the drawer, that should be discussed up front 

So Mary isn't just sitting over there twiddling her thumbs?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

David is slipping.   He didn’t know how a product worked. That’s not like him.  

He must be ready for a well deserved vacation.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Liam on selling ugly Big Deal.sneakers with his wife who he said is his favorite model to use his magic marker on!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

why does a viewer need to go to the facebook chat to please ask the size of the drawer, that should be discussed up front 

I saw that and thought exactly the same thing. Indeed. Why should viewers have to tell hosts to give basic info -- like measurements -- about the product they're trying to persuade people to buy! 

ETA: What the hell is wrong with the lock-n-lock OAP and her frigging giggling? It's like she's 12 years old.

 

Edited by selhars
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

David is slipping.   He didn’t know how a product worked. That’s not like him.  

He must be ready for a well deserved vacation.  

David is Vaudeville in a cyber age. He, and his schtick have grown old and sludgy. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

David is slipping.   He didn’t know how a product worked. That’s not like him.  

He must be ready for a well deserved vacation.  

After this show is over he'll be back on air on January 8, which means be prepared to hear regular mentions of, "He's on a well-deserved vacation" by various replacement hosts.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Ok, I don't want to "out" the host, but one of them proudly posted this pic of a haphazard gift wrapping experiment.

Um, have they never heard of the Kringle Express gift bags they've been pushing since July.

Maybe it's just a goof.

80094995_3168711579823054_3128771331676438528_n.jpg

Like JRT talking about a tri-county quest for a Christmas tree (last year?). 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Liam on selling ugly Big Deal.sneakers with his wife who he said is his favorite model to use his magic pen on!

Didn't he and his magic pen knock her up before they were married? 🤠

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Didn't he and his magic pen knock her up before they were married? 🤠

Magic pen , 🤣🤣🤣, forgive me I’m twelve at heart.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I know some of us are positively ancient when it comes to the idea of children before matrimony.  I've adjusted to the idea, its really no concern of mine, but I still 😒 just a little.

I'll get better.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Lots of Dooney shows yesterday and caught shallow Stran presenting a bag saying it's the type of bag you hope the wait for a table when you're out for dinner takes just a little longer so you can show off the bag!!! Or when you're at the grocery store you place it in the cart a certain way to show it off!!  Has attention seeking really gotten this bad?  She has made a lot of comments like this lately and I'm starting to believe it's more than just a sales spiel.

Shallow Stran. Nailed it. She's very basic. WYSIWYG 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

DV may have been off his game because he's tired of selling the QRAP, and he was clearly in vacation mode.  I believe he had said when his mom was on the remote that he was flying out immediately after his last show. 

He'll probably do part of the time at some tropical location again, and I'm envious of anyone in a warmer climate (even though it got up to a high of 48 here yesterday).  I just know some cold and snow is coming soon.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

DV may have been off his game because he's tired of selling the QRAP, and he was clearly in vacation mode.  I believe he had said when his mom was on the remote that he was flying out immediately after his last show. 

He'll probably do part of the time at some tropical location again, and I'm envious of anyone in a warmer climate (even though it got up to a high of 48 here yesterday).  I just know some cold and snow is coming soon.  

He did say at the end of the show that his vacation was going to be part with family and part "somewhere warm."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Have you seen the tribute to Joseph Segal, QVC founder who must have passed away recently? It’s Jane doing a piece to camera with a break in her voice. She must have known him very very well.... presumably. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yeah, place it in the cart a certain way to show it off and someone can steal it when you're not looking!

My favorite tip my son taught me. Don’t know where he heard it. I use it every time I use a cart. I hook the Velcro baby straps through my purse handles and snap the straps together!  That way if someone grabs my purse they have to take the whole cart with them!  And NEVER leave your purse unzipped or unclamped or whatever in your cart. While you’re looking at lettuce someone is stealing your lettuce out of your wallet. Or taking the entire wallet 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, AuntCarol said:

I hook the Velcro baby straps through my purse handles and snap the straps together!  That way if someone grabs my purse they have to take the whole cart with them!

That's SOP for me, too. And I put the bag in the lower main area of the cart, not up in the baby seat. I've finally gotten into the habit of taking my own totes so those go on top of my bag. I rarely use coupons so IF I have any they are in my pocket or with the store circular in the baby seat....but not my bag.

--

I've seen Jane's tribute to Mr. Segal she said what was expected.

And, Scrooge that I am, I could have done without the carolers on ITKWD yesterday. But whatever..... 

I did see a very cute Du Jour top for 19.99, Free S&H on clearance, that I would have bought. It was a T-shirt bodice, with sheer pleating over the long sleeves. But I don't know what size I'd be, and am not going through the buy both, then return one procedure.  But I was actually very shocked I saw something I'd really buy.

Also given that I'd just racked up a haul from Marshalls and the going-out-of-business Dress Barn (at 70-90% off!! TRUE clearance prices!) the 19.99 free S&H was just OK for a price. Tempting, but not enough.

 

Edited by selhars
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Burly said:

Have you seen the tribute to Joseph Segal, QVC founder who must have passed away recently? It’s Jane doing a piece to camera with a break in her voice. She must have known him very very well.... presumably. 

Dan said he personally hired he and Pat or is is him and Pat,  25 or 30 years ago 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Liam on selling ugly Big Deal.sneakers

those are some fugly shoes

 

looks like RX type shoes and people do need them but 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2019 at 6:24 AM, hummingbird said:

 

 

  • On 11/27/2019 at 4:26 PM, Booney said:
    • Carolyn wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

    73745E1A-C898-484C-B3AA-23EFB59267FD.gif.dc8243a4e2faa57c4818f3dd0563ca51.gif

 

I have no idea how i got that of caro and i couldnt delete it sorry,  

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:
5 hours ago, Burly said:

Have you seen the tribute to Joseph Segal, QVC founder who must have passed away recently? It’s Jane doing a piece to camera with a break in her voice. She must have known him very very well.... presumably. 

 

Mr Segel died on saturday 21st

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watched a tv doc on Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker the other night and the one person who kept coming to mind when Tammy was doing her thing was JRT. Can’t pin exactly why...maybe the heavy shadow, short hair and...of course, the drama. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Was in another room when I heard Kertain say of some Isaac item "The humanity of it is so chic!"

 

3 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Was in another room when I heard Kertain say of some Isaac item "The humanity of it is so chic!"

🤦‍♀️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why is it always a well-deserved vacation for DV?  For shit’s sake, it’s not like he’s doing hard labor at a Ford factory, or fighting fires or chasing criminals, or performing life saving operations.  The most physical thing he does is stuff his face and happy dance.  Off screen he probably sits on his well padded ass at meetings trying to figure out other ways to separate the gullible from their social security checks.  He doesn’t even do any of the prep work for his kitchen shows—-his lackeys do all the physical work.  I bet he has a clause in his contract giving him a total of three months vacation time—-at least it seems like he has all that time off.  

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I don't care how much vacation David takes but turning him into a Joan of Arc Kitchen Martyr is wearing thin.  Lots of us work and lots of us get vacation.   His is no more well deserved than mine or yours.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Gotta give the Q its props. I ordered the TSV iPad on Saturday before noon ET. (the deadline they gave to be delivered before Xmas) Actually about 45 minutes before noon. They shipped it via UPS Next Day Air Saver. Got my shipment confirmation around 2:45am today. Checked UPS tracking at 5am today. Said it would be delivered Tuesday. Re-checked tracking around 8am it was moved up to today. Voila, at 1:15 this afternoon I received my shipment. There is a Santa Claus.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Booney said:

I continue to chuckle at the ads for Golden Girls merchandise that pop up this time a year. Once again, I’ve adapted two products for the Q’s Golden Girls.

8BD00235-D0BB-4F19-A694-64E6BA6E1CDD.thumb.jpeg.13b1dc2f01ba329e2ca518d0986863e2.jpeg

 

09A6C646-5A4D-4D1D-902C-D5F3EA939153.thumb.jpeg.8f5194744800355e08b5b1b5ef6dca03.jpeg

Haven't been around these parts lately too often, and then I see this! Booney you still  gots it going on big time girlfriend. Love it. Those captions are perfection. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Re: The David WDV

I think they announce it over and over for one big reason:  To keep the phone lines clear of people who expect to see him and then call customer service when he isn't there, so instead of answering that question over and over they can take phone calls from people wanting to place orders.

I had the thought that perhaps they should just put a graphic on the screen during those shows saying he'll be back on x day, but if something happens (flight delay, he gets sick, etc) the phone lines would blow up that day.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

Haven't been around these parts lately too often, and then I see this! Booney you still  gots it going on big time girlfriend. Love it. Those captions are perfection. 

Thanks, @mayvenne! The Q has been so boring the past few days that there haven't been many fun things to post about. I decided to create my own Q fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone who works hard earns a well-deserved vacation. And of course hard work doesn't have to be manual labor.

I can't swear that in the history of QVC David is the only one another host has ever said is on a well-deserved vacation. And I certainly can't blame him for. the words of others.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Gotta give the Q its props. I ordered the TSV iPad on Saturday before noon ET. (the deadline they gave to be delivered before Xmas) Actually about 45 minutes before noon. They shipped it via UPS Next Day Air Saver. Got my shipment confirmation around 2:45am today. Checked UPS tracking at 5am today. Said it would be delivered Tuesday. Re-checked tracking around 8am it was moved up to today. Voila, at 1:15 this afternoon I received my shipment. There is a Santa Claus.

That's awesome!

And even though I'm talking about HSN, it's still Qurate, with the same promise of delivery by Christmas.....I ordered the HP laptop that was HSN's "Today's Special".......same as you, tracking said it would be delivered tomorrow, but it got here today!

I didn't need it before Christmas, since it's not a gift (I take that back - I Secret Santa'd myself!), but I was thrilled to get it so quickly!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

And now time to clear out inventory of everything that didn't sell before Christmas.  Wondering if that's why DV just went on vacation on 12/22 (because they cannot get anything out to shoppers by Christmas now). I know when I worked in retail, managers and 'key personnel' could not have an entire day off (like regular people have Sat/Sun off) from Black Friday through around 12/27-12/28.  It was ridiculous, but I bet the big sellers are told you have to be here selling your behind off during this time period (maybe it's in their contracts?).

Ordered some stuff from Amazon yesterday; delivered on my porch this morning.  Packages are in decorative bags in my car ready for my trip home tomorrow.

Already saw the Dollar Tree is promoting Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras on it's website.  Of course, all of their Christmas themed stuff is either long gone or will be by 12/26 EOD.  It'll be fitness or more electronics for the Q I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Isaac has been under the weather with a cold all day, and developed a case of the hiccups during PM Style. Courtney rattled off some remedies that viewers sent in via Facebook, including one that said you should hold your nose and plug your ears while drinking a glass of water. Amy jumped in to help by holding Isaac’s nose.

C4461963-0787-4C0F-861B-DED947CA163F.thumb.jpeg.ebab7d21c401c5718588e132e3a7aa43.jpeg

9B250902-C4D4-4045-A783-6901D02014CF.thumb.jpeg.1b150f56339ad75a9ffdcd846d5395ce.jpeg

It didn’t work. Isaac said now he’ll have a four hour car ride with the hiccups and having to pee after drinking all that water. Amy told him to make sure he has a cup with him for the ride. She said she keeps a cup in the car, “because having babies wrecks your bladder.” TMI, Aims...TMI. 😧

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post

I like Amy, but she does some dumb stuff too.  I watched some of PMS and she was talking about how she likes dirty jokes, and she and a model were whispering to each other, then laughing.  There were other side jokes about things going on off camera.  I think that is so rude (whispering, laughing about “secrets.”). 
 

Can you imagine what would happen if one of the male hosts said he liked dirty jokes?!  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

A host I’ve never seen before on now hosting H by Halston. She must really be new-new. I never heard of or seen her before. She seems pleasant enough but it’s too late to continue watching. I’ve got presents to wrap & maybe some last minute shopping at Kohl’s or Target. Yes. I’m one of those people. Merry Christmas, y’all. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size