Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

21 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

She is so immature. Her emotional bucket has a massive crack in it. 🐿️🤡

As Carolyn was squealing and squeaking throughout, VPH worked the patented "bless her heart" smile.  You've got to hand it to Valerie, she can work with anyone, lol. 

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

15 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

As Carolyn was squealing and squeaking throughout, VPH worked the patented "bless her heart" smile.  You've got to hand it to Valerie, she can work with anyone, lol. 

That’s why she survived so many years at the Q.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

17 hours ago, Thumper said:

I think Jen Coffey is sincere.  Vision boards aren’t my thing, but I’m not saying they don’t work for others.

She's always had a vision board and really does believe in them as tools to achieve one's dreams; in this sense I agree with you.  But of course QVC exploits all this "New Age" stuff to part viewers from their money and Jennifer must go along with the game.  The hosts have convinced themselves that they are truly doing something wonderful for humanity, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

She's always had a vision board and really does believe in them as tools to achieve one's dreams; in this sense I agree with you.  But of course QVC exploits all this "New Age" stuff to part viewers from their money and Jennifer must go along with the game.  The hosts have convinced themselves that they are truly doing something wonderful for humanity, lol. 

Well, if your conscience bothers you after spending hours on air telling lies to viewers, you gotta think up some justification to help yourself sleep at night. "But I'm helping them!"

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Burly said:

The women were sex workers. This caused a big reaction in the UK. Opinion was split on whether a member of the Royal Family should be telling prostitutes that they are strong, or brave, especially using a banana to do so which was deemed inappropriate or just plain odd. 
Others thought it was caring thing to do. 

I stand corrected-they were sex workers. The banana writing was still stupid. How this was supposed to help and inspire is beyond me.

3 hours ago, lazyfaire said:

She was fired more than a year ago 

That’s not correct. Cathy Pedrayes was let go in April 2019.

• Useful 3

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Well, if your conscience bothers you after spending hours on air telling lies to viewers, you gotta think up some justification to help yourself sleep at night. "But I'm helping them!"

No.  Convincing the hosts that they are helping customers is just part of the Q indoctrination training.   I think that’s why some of these newbies left.  They couldn’t do it and look at themselves in the mirror anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

3 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

No.  Convincing the hosts that they are helping customers is just part of the Q indoctrination training.   I think that’s why some of these newbies left.  They couldn’t do it and look at themselves in the mirror anymore.  

I think it’s this simple, if you want to keep your job, you push what the company says. Most jobs are like that, they just aren’t as visible than the Q. 

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I think it’s this simple, if you want to keep your job, you push what the company says. Most jobs are like that, they just aren’t as visible than the Q. 

True fact.  We all have done or do things at our jobs at the behest of our employer that we don't like to do and/or don't want to do.  It's the price one pays to eat, have a roof over their head, health coverage, etc.

That's why my Vision Board has the big old RETIREMENT on it.  Or, win Lotto!  LOL!

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

53 minutes ago, Booney said:

That’s not correct. Cathy Pedrayes was let go in April 2019.

I think the way I worded it was confusing, sorry!  I meant Alex Butler was fired more than a year ago.

I was just including Alex to your list of hosts that have recently left.  

• Like 5

Oh no Jane...you didn't?  Did she just tell us a story about her announcing in a store that she knows PTR personally?  I didn't catch the name of the store.  I just turned the TV on, and there she is blabbing away.  And away she goes...it is Friday after all.  On a positive note, she looks very spring-like (raspberry sherbet color) on this chilly day here in PA--snow flurries while out at lunch time today (miss having some snow this winter...can't believe I feel that way, but I feel we're already onto Spring and Winter never really happened).

• Like 4

Serious question...is PTR facial hair real or is it painted on...what does everyone think?

I mentioned on these boards last year--my sister saw him at Q's Beauty thing, and he was looking and/or talking away on his cell phone for quite some time at his booth...not into the crowd I guess.  LOL!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Autumn Love said:

Serious question...is PTR facial hair real or is it painted on...what does everyone think?

I mentioned on these boards last year--my sister saw him at Q's Beauty thing, and he was looking and/or talking away on his cell phone for quite some time at his booth...not into the crowd I guess.  LOL!

I don't if it's painted or just sparse.  Honestly, I try not to look too hard at him, as he squicks me out!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

41 minutes ago, Autumn Love said:

Oh no Jane...you didn't?  Did she just tell us a story about her announcing in a store that she knows PTR personally?  I didn't catch the name of the store.  I just turned the TV on, and there she is blabbing away.  And away she goes...it is Friday after all.  On a positive note, she looks very spring-like (raspberry sherbet color) on this chilly day here in PA--snow flurries while out at lunch time today (miss having some snow this winter...can't believe I feel that way, but I feel we're already onto Spring and Winter never really happened).

I have no trouble believing that Blabby did that, none at all.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't if it's painted or just sparse.  Honestly, I try not to look too hard at him, as he squicks me out!

DITTO!  And another one for me, I feel the same way about Vionic Liam and his magic Sharpie.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

I mentioned his face to my sister this morning.  He looks like he is wearing a partial mask.  Very odd looking.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

5 minutes ago, Fluffernutter said:

This shirt, oh dear..... please, guy whose name I don't know, please give this to Goodwill and try again! 

2020-02-28 20.14.57.jpg

His clothes are way too tight. QVC achievement unlocked!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

2 hours ago, Fluffernutter said:

This shirt, oh dear..... please, guy whose name I don't know, please give this to Goodwill and try again! 

2020-02-28 20.14.57.jpg

Who is this  guy?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fluffernutter said:

2020-02-28 20.14.57.jpg

Kerstink can't wait to work with him. That pelvic bone will be out that day.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

On 2/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, Fromwhereisit said:

A568BC32-0C36-43A8-A94F-E92A2B5D51B4.thumb.jpeg.ce5b48bab46f3930efaab63ff32e8a03.jpeg

New day.  New TSV.

I don’t like the way this guy looks at me.

Peter Thomas Roth.

He can see me, I know it. <shudder>

The dye job's fooling nobody, Peter!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Who is this  guy?  

I finally got his name by going to Katrina's Facebook for her post on the show's guests. He is Tommy DiDario, and he's a "Lifestyle Expert." #groan   Please, not another lifestyle expert.

According to his website, tommydidario.com: "Tommy is a Host and on-air Lifestyle Expert covering pop news, trends, fashion, grooming, travel, health, wellness and fitness. He is a contributor on The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show and Entertainment Tonight. Tommy is also one of GQ’s exclusive GQ Insiders covering and partnering with some of the biggest global brands. Tommy is a health contributor for Sunwarrior and hosts speaking engagements related to health, fashion and wellness at events across the country. He currently reaches more than a million people monthly across his social media platforms."

He sells vitamins and supplements on his Amazon page.

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Here is Antonella being a good sport on Shawn's Friday night beauty show, letting her hair be used for a demonstration of the Calista Finishing Spray. I think her hair looked better before (pic where she's sitting in her chair and smiling).

misc pics QVC Antonella Nester hair beauty show 7 collage 2-28-20.jpg

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

According to his website, tommydidario.com: 

I’m reading this at 3:45 am, without my reading glasses and I thought it was tommydildo.com.  I’m bad. 

• Laugh 15

1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Peter Thomas Roth. Does he have just a chronic cough?

Does Antonella get paid extra for taking abuse from the other host?

The more he lies the more he coughs.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7

13 hours ago, Lady J said:

Makes me think Ant is hanging on for dear life over there. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Who is this  guy?  

David's personal assistant?

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Paint your beard on 

Paint? I assume he's got a brown sharpie and places the "hairs" dot by dot.

I don't get angry often, but that guy's face makes me mad.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

On 2/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, Fromwhereisit said:

A568BC32-0C36-43A8-A94F-E92A2B5D51B4.thumb.jpeg.ce5b48bab46f3930efaab63ff32e8a03.jpeg

New day.  New TSV.

I don’t like the way this guy looks at me.

Peter Thomas Roth.

He can see me, I know it. <shudder>

He is creepy AF. Didn’t he go thru a mid life crisis recently, divorce his wife and start dating someone younger? I want to say it was Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife but I can’t remember for certain. His jewelry line isn’t horrible (pricey though) but he is on my no watch, no buy list.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

Went over to the QVC forum. Someone made a post about kerstink , I was shocked they didn't take the post down. They did lock  the thread. Kerstink you suck !

Kirsten's blunder

Options

‎02-28-2020 08:01 PM

While watching the end of a program today - in which Kirsten was hosting organized options - I couldn't believe that for the sake of a sale of an item she would use fear (of corona virus) and suggest a reason for purchasing a rack for the storage of items.  The last thing this country needs is hosts telling people they will need someplace to put the items they are buying for stock up due to the corona virus.  Really?  I've thought of Kirsten as a circus-barker for quite a long time and this took the cake.  Between the ridiculous rapid fire talk and the strutting I will intentionally NOT make a purchase during her presentations.  Good grief.  QVC can do better than this...and so should their hosts!

Edited by Watcher25
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Does Antonella get paid extra for taking abuse from the other host?

Add models Helen and Pam to that list. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

Watching The Q this morning.  Alberti is talking a mile a minute.  It’s causing me to have anxiety.   He just sounds desperate.  

I’m not a fan of Kirsten but I’ll take her boring monotone over Alberti’s hyper jabbering.   Want a relaxing Saturday.  If I want to get all spun up, I’d watch the news.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

0DEE8713-75A6-44C3-82E4-456E42C6E2EB.jpeg.08e89c04d89a24de302b1f3ef1f87732.jpeg

His ex wife claimed he tried to swindle her out of her fair share during the divorce. She helped build the company with him during their 20 year marriage.

A quote from her lawyer:

“This case shows that Mr. Roth should go back to the lab to try to develop a cleanser for the soul and perhaps a cream or ointment that promotes basic decency and honesty.”

Ouch! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 6

4 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

0DEE8713-75A6-44C3-82E4-456E42C6E2EB.jpeg.08e89c04d89a24de302b1f3ef1f87732.jpeg

His ex wife claimed he tried to swindle her out of her fair share during the divorce. She helped build the company with him during their 20 year marriage.

A quote from her lawyer:

“This case shows that Mr. Roth should go back to the lab to try to develop a cleanser for the soul and perhaps a cream or ointment that promotes basic decency and honesty.”

Ouch! 

Lordy!

@lazyfaire, that tidbit you have there? That was worth the price of admission.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

31 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

I'd buy some of that  for 5 easy pays!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

9 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Paint your beard on 

did they miss that on The Find Show

Sounds like a pitch for the Shark Tank crew. Could have multiple uses, if you Catch My Dreft (as Aims would say).

7 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

He is creepy AF. Didn’t he go thru a mid life crisis recently, divorce his wife and start dating someone younger? I want to say it was Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife but I can’t remember for certain. His jewelry line isn’t horrible (pricey though) but he is on my no watch, no buy list.

It was - Brooke Mueller, who’s been in and out of rehab for years.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

“Garolyn” is (are?) twinning with their denim jackets today. At least Gary’s looks like he could close all of the buttons.

2174EADC-EFF8-4E15-A10A-CF19C7E373DF.thumb.jpeg.9ef92b7f31e6c0035b7a3ea8f247dd60.jpeg

• Laugh 12

Carolyn threw Nutsy into her locker for the weekend.  (could it be that even she is getting tired of the whole squirrel shtick??)  

Meanwhile:  "Carolyn's Closet is the original on QVC.  Later on, other hosts were given their own closet shows."

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

So this is what skeeves me out about Peter Thomas Roth. 

Here is what he looked like BEFORE he had what appears to be a total face transplant and discovered spray tans and stubble.  And prior to his deciding that his "come hither look" was sexy.

image.png.47d97af2e21bc78862879bb58ce96da2.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 11

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.