Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What's the analysis of this?  Mary, a full fledged host for years is back to the social secretary role? I doubt it's considered co-hosting a la Gourmet Holiday.

Why not give it to Ali Carr who successfully auditioned for the role when David did kitchen Fridays? I guess David's fans demanded it.

Stacey's new show is streaming I think and not broadcast?  I'm happy for her she has another show....

I agree with what you've said here.

Just would add that it's not only disappointing, but typical, that QVC would - one more time - relegate a newer host into obscurity.  And Stacey is not all that new, but relative the other longer term hosts, she's new.  They are obviously moving  - perhaps even protecting - more seasoned hosts to the main channel, while newer hosts who have proven themselves (in my mind, like Stacey has) are shoved aside.  Yes, shoved.

I would be one unhappy camper...but I guess she's still employed, so there's something to be said for that.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Burly said:

I think Terri Conn is on borrowed time. She’s useless, and her surname isn’t a great sell for shopping telly. 

Lordy, I was watching at some ungodly hour and happened to flip to Q and there was Terri Conn.  If she isn't on borrowed time, she definitely should be.  She was horrible....couldn't describe an item correctly....the OAP kept correcting her.  It was really a sh*t show.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, potatochips said:

Since you brought up pronunciation.....

My ears are bleeding from hearing hosts and OAP's intentionally impede their own speech. That Amal chick who sells lounge wear mostly in the form of hammer pants and sloppy robes cardigans refuses to put the T's in the word button. She's not the only one. I don't know any of the newbie host names but most are guilty. The other thing they do is add an "H" to "STR" blends (shtraight, shtrong,  Amy Shtran) It's much harder to speak this way than to pronounce correctly, so I don't get it. I find myself muting the sound more often than not. 

Hammer pants...bwahaha!  Good one.

Now I have the song playing in my head.   😵

• Laugh 7

7 hours ago, potatochips said:

Since you brought up pronunciation.....

My ears are bleeding from hearing hosts and OAP's intentionally impede their own speech. That Amal chick who sells lounge wear mostly in the form of hammer pants and sloppy robes cardigans refuses to put the T's in the word button. She's not the only one. I don't know any of the newbie host names but most are guilty. The other thing they do is add an "H" to "STR" blends (shtraight, shtrong,  Amy Shtran) It's much harder to speak this way than to pronounce correctly, so I don't get it. I find myself muting the sound more often than not. 

I thought that shtraight, shtrong thing was a Pa. speech pattern. Lots of hosts say it including Jayne Brown. I just thought it was a regional dealio.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I thought that shtraight, shtrong thing was a Pa. speech pattern. Lots of hosts say it including Jayne Brown. I just thought it was a regional dealio.

Kinda like, “gah-hed” (PJD) 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

There’s a lot to the Pa dialect.  We live in Western Pa and there are a lot of regional things here.  But what confounds me is most of these speech problems are with the millennial and younger females.  They cannot pronounce the letter L at the end of words.  Tunnel is tunno, vehicle is vehico, professional is professiono, and so on.  Then of course there’s the letter T, again by millennials and younger.  Mountain is mowin, butter is bu-er.  Then finally we have Pittsburgh-ese.  They use the word Yinze for you are or are you ( yinze going to the  Stiller game—-yes Stiller is Steeler), dahnton for downtown, hawse for house.  But I do have a question:  I’ve heard a couple of hosts or OAP’s pronounce important as impordant. Is that a southern thing?  My acquaintances from Texas and Arkansas pronounce the word that way, and I think Jane does too.

These speech deficiencies on Q drive me crazy.  I still think it’s laziness rather than a speech impediment.  Amy is the worst, and one reason I can’t watch her.  Another is Stacy who’s shrill voice Kardashian twang makes her impossible to watch.  

• Like 8

Here comes the phoniest OAP the JAI guy. Last night on Katrina's show he showed one of "his" new items. Inspired by a two week trip to Japan, features cherry blossoms which he said were not in bloom during his boondoggle visit. You can't make this stuff up. Two whole weeks! WOW

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

There’s a lot to the Pa dialect.  We live in Western Pa and there are a lot of regional things here.  But what confounds me is most of these speech problems are with the millennial and younger females.  They cannot pronounce the letter L at the end of words.  Tunnel is tunno, vehicle is vehico, professional is professiono, and so on.  Then of course there’s the letter T, again by millennials and younger.  Mountain is mowin, butter is bu-er.  Then finally we have Pittsburgh-ese.  They use the word Yinze for you are or are you ( yinze going to the  Stiller game—-yes Stiller is Steeler), dahnton for downtown, hawse for house.  But I do have a question:  I’ve heard a couple of hosts or OAP’s pronounce important as impordant. Is that a southern thing?  My acquaintances from Texas and Arkansas pronounce the word that way, and I think Jane does too.

These speech deficiencies on Q drive me crazy.  I still think it’s laziness rather than a speech impediment.  Amy is the worst, and one reason I can’t watch her.  Another is Stacy who’s shrill voice Kardashian twang makes her impossible to watch.  

I agree Amy is the worst!  I absolutely can't watch her for more than a few minutes,  and that's too long.  I have a friend who says Valentimes for Valentines, condominiun for condominium, punkin for pumpkin, and a few other n/m words where she gets them mixed up that don't come to mind right now. 

And every time Pat says go-head I want to scream.  I will admit I'm kind of fussy when it comes to language, but it still bugs me. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Friday said:

I agree Amy is the worst!  I absolutely can't watch her for more than a few minutes,  and that's too long.  I have a friend who says Valentimes for Valentines, condominiun for condominium, punkin for pumpkin, and a few other n/m words where she gets them mixed up that don't come to mind right now. 

And every time Pat says go-head I want to scream.  I will admit I'm kind of fussy when it comes to language, but it still bugs me. 

Old Aimes not yur fay-vert? Snark

• Laugh 9

2 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Old Aimes not yur fay-vert? Snark

That fayvert thing bugs hard.  The most glaring to me from the shopping channels has been discussed here at great length, but is still an old standby - joolery.  Ack!

• Like 12
  • Laugh 3

On 2/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Thumper said:

I thought I heard Renée say “taunt!”  lol

My tummy unfortunately “taunts” me too often. 😄

Did you really think she would know taut from taunt from taught ?

u sew cillll-ee 😉

• Laugh 9

I don't understand those big eyed things at all. Q has an entire menagerie of odd, creepy, colorful or moss encased outdoor animals.

But obviously there's a market for these items, other rhan Carolyn.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

On 2/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Lordy, I was watching at some ungodly hour and happened to flip to Q and there was Terri Conn.  If she isn't on borrowed time, she definitely should be.  She was horrible....couldn't describe an item correctly....the OAP kept correcting her.  It was really a sh*t show.

ITA. I had a few minutes around noon to sit and watch. Terri was on showing Lock'n'Locks. She was winging it for several minutes before introducing Chris P. Terri did a horrible job. She was spouting stuff like "you can put veggies in these, you can put sandwiches in these, fruits in these". It was obvious she didn't own any personally since she missed all the positives. It was more like she'd never seen them before. 

The Q bosses gave Terri a prime selling hour, but she was terrible. What were they thinking? She clearly needs more time or more training before giving her such a good time of day. She's an instant channel changer for me.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

20 hours ago, Friday said:

That one bothers me, too. I'd heard her say that several times before I figured out what she was really saying. 

Another one is "look-it". I hear that only in Q land. 

Onion is also pronounced differently. David says "ungyun". There's no "g" in it. I don't think it's regional since I've heard it in many parts of the country. I think it's how an individual sees it. Several of my friends add a "g" but others don't.

• Like 6

Does JRT LIVE at QVC???  Just got home from food shopping and turned the tv on for some sound and THERE SHE IS AGAIN!  On a Saturday at 2pm.  Good Lord, she must hate her family.. and US.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

She's totally off her rocker.  Here's her latest suggestion:

Send the box of Beekman soap to your child at college and they can go up and down the hall handing out bars of soap.  Know many college kids who'll give away a $9 bar of soap?

Yeah Jane that could happen.  What freakin world is this ditz living in?

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, Boston said:

Does JRT LIVE at QVC???  Just got home from food shopping and turned the tv on for some sound and THERE SHE IS AGAIN!  On a Saturday at 2pm.  Good Lord, she must hate her family.. and US.

I'm thinking it's more the other way around.

College kids either walk to the group showers or share a shower with 3 other dorm-mates. None of them are going to keep a slimy bar of soap around. They all use shower gel. She just says whatever sh*t pops into her head.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

5 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

That one bothers me, too. I'd heard her say that several times before I figured out what she was really saying. 

Another one is "look-it". I hear that only in Q land. 

Onion is also pronounced differently. David says "ungyun". There's no "g" in it. I don't think it's regional since I've heard it in many parts of the country. I think it's how an individual sees it. Several of my friends add a "g" but others don't.

My midwestern, Italian m-i-l always said sayng-wich.  I always had to look away.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My midwestern, Italian m-i-l always said sayng-wich.  I always had to look away.

LOL. I understand.  Mine is “liberry.”

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

"buying stuff for your college " kid is aspirational , maybe for the grannies who never went it's a way to get close to the college experience.  they talk about "college" as tho it's a big new thing 

And this is how she talks about it.  Like her 'girls' are the first ones who ever went to college and/or went out into the world.  Again, I can't count the times she talks about "Dee-dra" and the other one.  Oh, and did you catch last night (I think, cause she's on so much) she was selling those shoes that looked like BALLERINA SLIPPERS?  of course we had to hear about her daughter's whole life.  Man, I wish I could be so perky???  NOT

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

4 minutes ago, Boston said:

And this is how she talks about it.  Like her 'girls' are the first ones who ever went to college and/or went out into the world.  Again, I can't count the times she talks about "Dee-dra" and the other one.  Oh, and did you catch last night (I think, cause she's on so much) she was selling those shoes that looked like BALLERINA SLIPPERS?  of course we had to hear about her daughter's whole life.  Man, I wish I could be so perky???  NOT

I wonder how many people run and hide when they see Blabby coming ? 😏

• Laugh 9

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

She's totally off her rocker.  Here's her latest suggestion:

Send the box of Beekman soap to your child at college and they can go up and down the hall handing out bars of soap.  Know many college kids who'll give away a $9 bar of soap?

Yeah Jane that could happen.  What freakin world is this ditz living in?

I used soap bars way back when I was in college (used a pink storage container which I still own).  No way on this planet would I pay $9 for for a bar of soap, let alone give them away to others, even when it was Secret Santa time in the dorm.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8

I have been flipping to QVC while watching a movie.  I'm done. Kourtney is on with the Barefoot Dreams OAP.. presenting a HOODIE.. for.. wait for it.. $69 bucks!!  Fill me in if i'm cheap but does ANYONE here pay that for a hoodie.. and it looks like cheap, thin, shit.  I'm sorry but these people are SO out of touch.  I'll go to Old Navy.

• Like 11

On 2/14/2020 at 6:26 AM, AuntCarol said:

Sorry if i'm wrong, but I read somewhere on here that Amy has a speech impediment.

Sunday morning 7am. Have these two come to work straight from a party? still, small mercies, at least we don’t have Josie with her jugs out. 

6-E93-ABC3-8-DCC-41-B8-821-E-852-F0-C13-

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

It's so ridiculous that during a Scrub Daddy presentation they still use the story "when Shawn Killinger got married she received glass with sticky labels that were hard to remove." Why bring this up?, put this one to rest.

Surely, someone else at Q has gotten married more recently and had the same issue.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

20 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

It's so ridiculous that during a Scrub Daddy presentation they still use the story "when Shawn Killinger got married she received glass with sticky labels that were hard to remove." Why bring this up?, put this one to rest.

Surely, someone else at Q has gotten married more recently and had the same issue.

And it's not like we all haven't had this issue with labels that won't come off!  I hardly need someone to bring up a host - especially that one who is my least favorite of all the hosts and who got married probably 5 years ago - to make the product relatable!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

21 hours ago, lazyfaire said:

B892C5BA-96D8-4D89-8CBA-7597811FFC9B.jpeg.f7577a3cb7056361208d69c14755bab6.jpeg

Kerstin on “vacation” 

As a fellow yogi, I respect her hustle

But on a boat?  That’s nutty dedication 

Give me a break! She is full of BS. Right after that photo ,she went back to sunbathing. This reminds me a few years back. She took a photo in a hotel room working out with 2 wine bottles. She is an attention whore and a fake.

Edited by Watcher25
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

OK, don't judge me.  I have had a 5 stone silver diamonique ring for over 10 yrs and it is beautiful.. a lot of people have commented on it and I just say 'thank you'.  So after a few glasses of wine last night I ordered the 'Courtney ring' in silver I just love that setting and am hoping it looks the same.  (I had a ring from my ex (boyfriend)..ugh, hate saying that cause I'm older - but when he dumped me (in an email, on our anniversary after 8 years).  I smashed the ring he had given me (not a diamond, but still, a nice ring) with a hammer and sent it to him along with a smashed gold necklace I had bought him in the D.R..  I'm sure he didn't give a shit, but it made me feel good (I was so angry).  Life.. aaaah. 

diamoniquering.jpg

courtneyring.jpg

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

No way on this planet would I pay $9 for for a bar of soap, let alone give them away to others, even when it was Secret Santa time in the dorm.

That bar of soap probably cost them less than a dollar to produce.   

My daughter In college is having some skin issues and I sent her some goat milk soap that I made. There is more goat milk in my soap than those phony Beekman’s.   And she isn’t sharing.  

14 hours ago, Boston said:

She was selling DB handbags yesterday and starts yammering about one of her daughters’ plays.  Guess she attending her daughter’s play, ordered a vodka tonic and someone called her a lush. Why she even told this story?  What the story had to do with handbags?  Who knows?

She has to be one of the top sellers.  And the major breadwinner.   She’s supporting everyone including her adult daughters — in style.  She isn’t leaving soon.  

• Like 6

For whatever causes Jane’s behavior, there may be some pharmaceutical remedy.

Just something to dull those edges.

That would be easier than medicating the viewers, right?

Edited by Fromwhereisit · Reason: An extra ‘J’ floating in the text
  • Laugh 14

34 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

For whatever causes Jane’s behavior, there may be some pharmaceutical remedy.

Just something to dull those edges.

That would be easier than medicating the viewers, right?

Man, she is the 'perkiest' person I've ever seen - and i'm thinking it's without pharmaceuticals.  Lord, take it DOWN A NOTCH.. lol

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Ok And while I'm at it.. Pat James D.. she needs to stop with the fillers.  I like her.. but she's on her way to looking like a plastic figure.  I'm  out.. going to make Sunday gravy (or sauce).. today it's with hot sausage and peppers.. have a great day everyone.

• Like 3

David hawking awesome Mac and cheese egg rolls from awesome vendors from Philly.  Did I mention that a awesome romance card comes with your order?   At a awesome price of 28 rolls for $70.   David spontaneously broke out on a happy dance, probably because the sales were not awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

I haven’t heard the term “romance card” used for years. 

That Kitchenaid processor is £179 in the uk. That’s $233! 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

6 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

David hawking awesome Mac and cheese egg rolls from awesome vendors from Philly.  Did I mention that a awesome romance card comes with your order?   At a awesome price of 28 rolls for $70.   David spontaneously broke out on a happy dance, probably because the sales were not awesome. 

He was also trying to talk and chew at the same time, I hope all of his minions are trained in the Heinrich maneuver.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Wonder if Tara Tescher...aka...Angel, My Darling, and Precious, was hanging out in the green room with the Polish Pottery OAP to scope out more designs for future T-T offerings. 🤔

KitchenAid OAP...probably nice person, but that VOICE 💥👂🤐👂💥

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I just got off the phone with my dad.. he lives in Maryland.. and KITCHENAID is still on.. WTF?

I made a smoothie (banana and blueberries (fresh)).. and I used my BLENDER.. You don't need this KitchenAid crap.. oh, I also have a food processer.. still don't need KitchenAid.

• Like 2

Diane Gilman gets bitchier with each appearance.  She's also just rambling on talking over the host. Ugh.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Diane Gilman gets bitchier with each appearance.  She's also just rambling on talking over the host. Ugh.

She also looks like one of those old ladies from the 60s that put bluing in their hair. Who is styling this woman, the local funeral director?  Her makeup is ghostly (read:  ghastly), but that hair color. She looks like a blue light poster from the 70s. 

Gah!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

YEP !!! 

Bitches never change their ugly animal print selves. 🙄

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

She also looks like one of those old ladies from the 60s that put bluing in their hair. Who is styling this woman, the local funeral director?  Her makeup is ghostly (read:  ghastly), but that hair color. She looks like a blue light poster from the 70s. 

Gah!

I watched her on mute and couldn’t believe what she was wearing.  It was light blue and looked like a polyester pantsuit my mom MIGHT have worn in the 1970’s. It was today’s TS!   And she wore it with chunky white sneakers — not an attractive look.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

For craps sake Gobby, shut your freaking mouth.  She just announced that Q will be selling DNA kits, and she’s talking about how her test came out.  But she just couldn’t talk about it, she had to shout it at the top of her lungs.  And throughout the Quacker show, Angel could barely get a word in, until, of course, she had to repeat the Jeanne Bice story for the 1 trillionth time. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Just tuned in to see Mary Beth with Kim Gravel.  I haven't seen MB in a while.  Not used to seeing her with the curly hair.

Did anyone catch Rick's last Diamonique show?  He had to do a segment with Courtney K. featuring her ring J354686 - 6.10 ct cushion cut, down to a sale price of $46.64.  Guess it didn't sell very well, or maybe it's just a promotion?  I can't imagine wearing that thing.  If I get Diamonique, I'd want it to be believable.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

While the colors on the hsn TS might be different I do like that they are selling clothing that isn’t so casual. Can't imagine Q deciding to feature a suit look as a TSV 

i sort of liked it 

I just checked it out.  I like it in the navy and black, but I'd probably wear a different color top underneath, though, instead of the monochromatic look.  The crepe reminds me of something Q might sell in the Linea line, but at a much lower cost.  

DG's hair 😮

• Like 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.