Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Harry Slatkin looks so much better in his natural skin color. LOL!!

Do you know how many homes that man owns?  I don't either, but I read about it online, and it's a lotta lotta real estate!  Those little candles filled with Eau de Paree are making Harry King of the Manse in some pretty posh spots, not to mention paying off his hairdresser and his blazer maker.  Burn 'em up, Harry!  Burn 'em up!!!

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Wow, I would love if 3-4 days was my normal!  My normal is/was 7-10 days at least!  

Yeah, I know.....this falls into the category of "Are you bragging or complaining?"  Keep in mind, I live in Maryland, smack in the middle of the east coast, so am in close proximity to their warehouses, no matter where they ship from.  In that 3-4 days of shipping, sometimes the orders come from North Carolina, go up to Pennsylvania and then travel back down to Maryland.  On occasion, stuff is shipping from Virginia Beach, going all the way to PA and back down to MD again.

My recent orders all have taken 7-10 days OR MORE just to get out of the "in process" status.  That's why this is such an anomaly to me!  Why, all of a sudden, did they show up in 4 business days?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

very funny,  overweight dancing bear, food intolerant , and over exerciser all have food shows

yet someone who might actually cook like Antonella was not given much of a chance,  it's obvi who has the most sales,

KL is connecting with someone--- 

as is UnM . posts on another forum about how they love to watch her etc ,  

People hoping for a pubic shot?

• Laugh 4

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Wow, I would love if 3-4 days was my normal!  My normal is/was 7-10 days at least!  

Me too. I got boxes that went from UPS to the Post office. The local route was from Eagan to Minneapolis, back to Eagan, to the post office, to St. Paul. 

To those that don't live in Minnesota, this is all within about a 20 minute drive. I wish they would stop with that stupid "UPS Mail Innovations".  It adds about 2 days to shipping.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I hope Kerstain eats Beano with all that broccoli or else she could blow a hole in one of their sets. 

I LOVE broccoli (and am chagrined to be in line with K) and eat it probably 5 times a week.

It doesn't make ME gassy, I've never heard that before............obviously YMMV.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, selhars said:

Kerstin fans.....she's getting her own new show starting next month -- called "Balanced Kitchen." ....because as she said:  "it's all about a healthy balance. And you don't have to eat just broccoli all the time. Although I do eat a lot of broccoli. It's not all about that."

🤢🤢🤮

I see Jill Martin and Just Jill Bauer went to Radio City  the other night. Bauer posted on Insta , must be Shawn was busy. 😏😏

• Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

12 minutes ago, Lady J said:

🤢🤢🤮

I see Jill Martin and Just Jill Bauer went to Radio City  the other night. Bauer posted on Insta , must be Shawn was busy. 😏😏

I saw a post from Jill B on FB. I think she called Jill M  her “very dear friend.”  Very Dear Friend got her on the Today Show!

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

17 hours ago, mpeeps said:

The producer or whoever decided to give Kerstin her own food show the same genius who gave gluten intolerant UnMary her kitchen show too? 

I caught KL presenting those French croissants the other day. Claims she eats a croissant every day and “it’s the best part of my day”. I do not believe that for one tiny second. She had one in her hand and my eyes were on stalks wondering if she was going to actually eat any. Finally she tore a piece off it and ate some. Just once. It was the last item in the show so she was probably straight over to the toilets to stick her fingers down her throat. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

18 hours ago, Thumper said:

I don’t even know what that means! 😄😄

LOL  Neither do I.   She probably thinks "small and cute"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

13 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

We know Blabby is lying. Woodstock rarely speaks, 

LOL   Sharon always says "Woodstock is everyone's favorite" so competitive Jane just had to go one better.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

20 hours ago, hummingbird said:

biting hand that feeds

while pushing viewers to buy and buy 

Kerstink always tells us she is the ultimate multi-tasker.  She's proud of it but also loves to play the martyr, i.e., all the complaints about her family.  Evidently they are impediments to her finely tuned five year plans.

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

1 minute ago, Bronx Babe said:

Kerstink always tells us she is the ultimate multi-tasker.  She's proud of it but also loves to play the martyr, i.e., all the complaints about her family.  Evidently they are impediments to all her finely tuned five year plans.

yiddish expression . Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lacht

man plans and God laughs 

maybe it's just me but those who portray perfect lives are often less than 

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

26 minutes ago, Burly said:

I caught KL presenting those French croissants the other day. Claims she eats a croissant every day and “it’s the best part of my day”. I do not believe that for one tiny second. She had one in her hand and my eyes were on stalks wondering if she was going to actually eat any. Finally she tore a piece off it and ate some. Just once. It was the last item in the show so she was probably straight over to the toilets to stick her fingers down her throat. 

Says she wakes up two hours before the family and downs a cup of old-school caffeinated black coffee, then has her "me" time -- Bible study, yoga, journals, e-mails, etc.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

9 hours ago, Lady J said:

🤢🤢🤮

You can bet that that someone who was busy is extra envious, too!

21 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

yiddish expression . Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lacht

man plans and God laughs 

maybe it's just me but those who portray perfect lives are often less than 

this is my favorite yiddish expression......!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

this is my favorite yiddish expression......!

Mine too, along with "a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down the pants"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

I need to say that there is nothing wrong, to me, with Jill Martin helping Jill Bauer get on Today.

Work has always been in large part networking. 

I mean, that's what Linkedin is all about!

(Doesn't mean I like Jill M more, she's still freakin annoying.)

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

"a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down the pants"

This is not really a Yiddish expression -- it was on The Mary Tyler Moore show -- Chuckles the Clown's funeral -- but it should be!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

54 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Says she wakes up two hours before the family and downs a cup of old-school caffeinated black coffee, then has her "me" time -- Bible study, yoga, journals, e-mails, etc.

Right after Bible study, it's off to the supermarket in a thong and tube top.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 15

It’s almost 10am & I’m sure Kerstin is bursting at the seams for showtime. She’s never normal. She’s always OTT. I’m guessing Alberti will be joining her. 

The TSV Arctic Expedition Quilted Down Coat with Removable Hood is down to 2 colors. I’m guessing everyone on the east coast got a taste how cold it’s been and is preparing for the worst. LOL!!! It’s actually a cute coat. Also, it’s currently 37 degrees in Philly. Brrrrrrrr! Happy Saturday, y’all!!!

• Like 4

Q3 Ex RHONY Kelly Bensimon selling some drink called Owls Brew without a drop of it touching her lips. 

Thought: if Skunk calls Q2 the deuce, what does she call Q3? Or does she just pretend it doesn’t exist?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

The Rastelli Guy was just explaining how to thaw and cook a turkey breast, pretty important info for potential buyers, when Rachel B cut straight across him to waffle on about it being a limited offer. Then while she was yapping on about that, Alberti slides into view with a fork, takes a piece of the meat, hovers it in front of his mouth successfully pulling the camera off RB to his own waxwork face, and mouths the words “so juicy” silently while RB is still talking. 

What is wrong with these people and their insistence on being front and centre of every moment on tv? Boesing is becoming totally insufferable. 

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I saw a post from Jill B on FB. I think she called Jill M  her “very dear friend.”  Very Dear Friend got her on the Today Show!

Of course !  I never made the connection.

• Like 1

Flipped by Q2. Caro looks good in appropriately-sized, flowy top (solid wine color is flattering). Loose silhouette (bit of camouflage for her torso fullness), angled hem. Simple necklace, black slacks with low heels. Nice ensemble which actually looks 'professional.' But she and D&B OAP, Ashley, seemed to be jockeying for talk time, yapping over each other.

cg q.jpg

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 14

Jennifer Kovich is admittedly very attractive. Given the demographics of the shopping channels, not sure skin-tight, shiny black leggings (faux leather?) with 4" stilettos, is the appropriate look. Perhaps another type of channel (especially some of the camera shots). Just sayin....

jk q.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I have to go to my apps to watch Q2 which I don’t do since it’s a hassle. I wonder if Q2 has been profitable for them? I guess that’s where a lot of the over night host get to work since they abandoned the over night shows. Does anyone strictly just watch Q2? 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, Kamerakrazy said:

there are many previous hosts i miss !  very few i can even tolerated now

What happened to Jill Bauer?

4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I have to go to my apps to watch Q2 which I don’t do since it’s a hassle. I wonder if Q2 has been profitable for them? I guess that’s where a lot of the over night host get to work since they abandoned the over night shows. Does anyone strictly just watch Q2? 

its not on my cable service, so i rarely see any of it.  i think i would rather watch it considering the hosts i like are mostly on Q2.   i could watch online but just dont bother

1 hour ago, caminlaca said:

Jennifer Kovich is admittedly very attractive. Given the demographics of the shopping channels, not sure skin-tight, shiny black leggings (faux leather?) with 4" stilettos, is the appropriate look. Perhaps another type of channel (especially some of the camera shots). Just sayin....

jk q.jpg

Yeah, she appears to be auditioning for a different gig altogether.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I only started watching it when I discovered my cable company was carrying it.  I don’t like watching online.  I check out Q2 when Q1 is showing stuff I’m not interested in, and usually only stay if it’s fashion or something like VPH.

• Like 1

I only have OTA on my old TV....which is rarely on. If I watch QVC or HSN, it's usually their YT stream (which neither promotes...they'll mention streaming on FB) on my laptop. Being my TitanTV listings don't include Q2, there's nothing to prompt me to check out what's airing and I hardly ever check the Q2 Program Guide (qvc.com isn't all that user friendly). ITKWM is about the only thing I'll wander by if I want background noise.

ETA: speaking of ITKWM. Kind of refreshing, today, with the show focusing on edibles, for UnM and SS to be nibbling, only sampling little morsels. Haven't seen any of the over-indulging and orgasmic reactions of some of the other food shows (DV, AP...)

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I LOVE broccoli (and am chagrined to be in line with K) and eat it probably 5 times a week.

It doesn't make ME gassy, I've never heard that before............obviously YMMV.

Um, my comment was meant tongue-in-cheek, a joke. 

Wasn't it determined that the casserole dishes, shown with St. Clair sides, actually contain two of each of the flavors so customers would need to purchase two orders ($120!!) to have the quantity of food shown on air?

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

If I do choose to watch, or mostly just have it on for background noise, I usually have it on Q2. There seems to be a lot less drama and more useful information.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

ETA: speaking of ITKWM. Kind of refreshing, today, with the show focusing on edibles, for UnM and SS to be nibbling, only sampling little morsels. Haven't seen any of the over-indulging and orgasmic reactions of some of the other food shows (DV, AP...)

My mind immediately went to weed. A lot of the hosts could use some of that to calm down.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

"Shou shoud probably shtat with teal. That'sh a good place to sthat" . . . Stran selling Dooney bags. That's how bad it's getting. Another unwatchable one.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Sorry, boring post but what was the TSV that sold out today? I went on QVC.com to see if there was a mention but of course, there’s like eight TSVs listed. What’s the point of a TODAY’s Special Value if you’re listing like a week’s worth???? 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamano said:

Sorry, boring post but what was the TSV that sold out today? I went on QVC.com to see if there was a mention but of course, there’s like eight TSVs listed. What’s the point of a TODAY’s Special Value if you’re listing like a week’s worth???? 

It is on the home page, about midway down. 

Screenshot (94).png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It is on the home page, about midway down. 

Screenshot (94).png

Thanks SuprSuprElevated!

THAT sold out by noon??? Not like it’s a Canada Goose or anything. 🤣

• Like 1

I see her -- and I can't decide whether I'm fascinated by Lori Grenier or not.

On one hand, I'm curious as to how she -- and her business machine -- parlayed her image as an inventor....from going to Asia and other places outside the U.S. and buying up licenses and products to get patents in the U.S.....all the way to being on Shark Tank.

Is SHE really business savvy? Or is there a "wizard behind her curtain?" Does she fool people with the "dumb blonde image," but SHE really is the brains behind her success, or is she just the "front/face" of her "empire?"

Sometimes I'm curious about all that. Other times, I'm just contented to know that SHE does not "invent" her products...and that just because you have a patent on something, doesn't mean YOU invented it. (And I have no doubt most people, and QVC viewers, don't know that.)

And, sometimes I just wonder in a superficial way -- why she dresses the way she does. And why she likes that "look" and who told her color block dresses and platform shoes made for a flattering outfit on her. And of course, what's with the hair.

Mostly I guess I just don't get all the hype about LG.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

One of QVC's late night reps is Joe McAllister with Cook's Essentials. I had only seen him in the overnights, but recently saw him on the Sunday ITKWD. It's good to see they didn't dump Joe since they went to recorded programming. 

Regarding QVC's TSV, I'm sure it's a nice coat but it's reallllly pricey. With all the sales, door busters and coupons stores are shoveling at us, I would look online and compare deals before buying anything from QVC. It all ships, right? May as well get it faster and free shipping from a different retailer. 

• Like 3

Just saw Blabby in a cold shoulder dress and immediately switched to Snapped.  (wife's alibi:  "I moved out of the house for a week because my husband had the flu")

• Laugh 7

It wasn’t until she was on Shark Tank that I realized how Lori Grenier “invented” her products.  lol. That “Fill-a-Bowl” was a big seller for her when I first started watching QVC.  Her hair and wardrobe have often been commented upon  on the boards!

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, selhars said:

I see her -- and I can't decide whether I'm fascinated by Lori Grenier or not.

On one hand, I'm curious as to how she -- and her business machine -- parlayed her image as an inventor....from going to Asia and other places outside the U.S. and buying up licenses and products to get patents in the U.S.....all the way to being on Shark Tank.

Is SHE really business savvy? Or is there a "wizard behind her curtain?" Does she fool people with the "dumb blonde image," but SHE really is the brains behind her success, or is she just the "front/face" of her "empire?"

Sometimes I'm curious about all that. Other times, I'm just contented to know that SHE does not "invent" her products...and that just because you have a patent on something, doesn't mean YOU invented it. (And I have no doubt most people, and QVC viewers, don't know that.)

And, sometimes I just wonder in a superficial way -- why she dresses the way she does. And why she likes that "look" and who told her color block dresses and platform shoes made for a flattering outfit on her. And of course, what's with the hair.

Mostly I guess I just don't get all the hype about LG.

Totally 

@selhars I’m fond of saying Lori has Kim zolziaks wig !

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Regarding watching Q2 — if you have a Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV, etc, you can download a QVC/HSN app through which you can stream any Q/HSN channel for free. Works great, and the stream is in HD. I can get the main channels OTA, but only in SD.

Edited by Somebody Stop Me · Reason: Fixing dumb autocorrect.
  • Like 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.