Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

On ITKWD, DV congratulated MCM on some new project (which was supposedly posted somewhere on FB). Anyone know what they were referring to? MCM seemed excited, genuinely appreciative of DV making reference to whatever it was.

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

When do we get the "You're Home With Kiki" show? Bethlehem Lights morphing color Cat Trees yet? Catapult radio control mouse? Valerie mercury glass Cat figurine with "pedi-stool"? Harry Slatkin catnip candle with cat-bell ornament with catnip filler? Kringle Express 30-piece colorful Crinkle Bag set which includes a motif for every holiday of the year? Catpourri for the litter box?

Jane is acting like Kiki... marking her territory, verbally peeing on everything. 

Catpourri -- brilliant idea! Go get a trademark on that name real fast! 🐱

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

10 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Something else that has always confused me about “An twan nella”, is the weird, non Italian pronunciation of her name !

I am Italian, I have cousins who live in Italy and are in the same region that Ant is from .  I have cousins who are named Antonella., and NO ONE puts  “w” sound in the name! No one in any Latin language country pronounces it as  Ant does ! Is it just some weird family thing ! It’s definitely not the Italian way of saying the name !

Same here. I never have understood that. Thought it was stupid when I first heard it YEEEARS ago. I just don't get it. 

I know people can have their own pronunciations and spellings of names. But, when it comes to certain names, I prefer the pronunciations "make sense" with the way they're spelled. 

((Example: My dumb-ass SIL named my niece Antionette -- and Antoinette -- but Antionette. And pronounces it an-tih-nette. No doubt because the dummy didn't know how to spell Antoinette correctly. Soooo for my niece's entire life (40 years) she's been forced to correct people to the MISspelling of her name. (IF young people today even know the difference ...with the kooky names people have -- AND the low level of most public education this days.) Decades ago I mentioned the misspelling to my SIL -- who said -- "oh, know that's the way I wanted to spell it." I thought, Yeah, right. Dumb ass.))

Edited by selhars
  • Laugh 3

8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Well, one thing for sure, if Marie trips and falls forward, she’ll bounce right back up with the help of the silicone boobies.  She’s become nothing more than a cartoon figure.  What I can’t figure out is, why did CBS choose her to take over Sara Gilbert’s seat on the Talk.  It’s now another show I won’t watch. 

demographic that will watch?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Does anybody remember years ago when Antonella would do the jewelry shows and when they'd take close-ups of her hands while she modeled rings you could see all the black hair on her knuckles? She'd catch a glimpse of the close-ups in the monitor and try to make jokes about it. I kind of remember after awhile the hair wasn't there anymore. She must have had it removed before jewelry shows. Haven't seen her lately on any jewelry shows so don't know what her knuckle hair status is these days.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, Day2Day said:

VACUUM-WRAPPED !!!

Seriously, looking at Booney’s Screenshot, Marie’s figure looks so unnatural.  Big head, big hair, huge boobs and from the waist down she looks anorexic.   She looks exactly how the original Barbie dolls looked where people complained that the doll didn’t have a realistic shape. 

Just can’t stand Kerstain and her get fit crapola. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Don't underestimate Marie's popularity outside of here.  You don't survive in Vegas that long without a built in audience. 

She's a talker and will bring personal stuff to talk about: marriages, children, weight loss.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

they tried a cooking show with her  it was a one off,

not sure why ?

Ant needs a “ friend “ like Skunky.  I do think she knows her way around the kitchen.

• Like 1

Yup!  MO definitely has the gift of gab and is another narcissist.  She loves talking about herself and hearing herself talk!  Brings a lot of hot topics to the table, show business, weight loss, marriage, children, famous family, mental health, plastic surgery too!  I guess an inspiration to the demographic that watches daytime tv. 

Frankly, I've had more than enough of her!

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Yup!  MO definitely has the gift of gab and is another narcissist.  She loves talking about herself and hearing herself talk!  Brings a lot of hot topics to the table, show business, weight loss, marriage, children, famous family, mental health, plastic surgery too!  I guess an inspiration to the demographic that watches daytime tv. 

never watch the Talk , most of the shows of that ilk are so pander-y,  

34 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I do think she knows her way around the kitchen.

maybe this doesn't really translate to the shopping channel selling 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 2

When I saw MO last night, my mouth dropped open.  She is a caricature of herself!  Her headlights are gargantuan!!!  I, too, thought of Dolly Parton immediately.  Then, I was flabbergasted when she declared over and over that she is "small boned!"  We are acquainted with a family in a nearby town whose son married Marie, then finally divorced her.  Acc'ding to them, she is hell on wheels to live with.  She was always well endowed, unless they were fake years ago, as was her mother, so why exaggerate them to such a degree?  For attention, no doubt, but what a way to get attention!  For once, Blabby met her match.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Joan Rivers was (IMO) an incredible woman. She is one of the very few celebrities who have died that I actually mourned. I saw her live in Manchester a couple of times and her vitality and zest for life were apparent despite her years. She was also hilariously non-PC. I loved her. 

So I think it’s great that her brand lives on, especially as QVC was instrumental in her recovery from the financial problems she found herself in after her husbands suicide. We don’t get Joan Rivers Classics Collection in the UK anymore which is a shame. I suppose TPTB in the UK think she’s no longer relevant.  

I like David Dangle (Dangel?) he always looks very stylish and put together which I think Joan would approve of (not sure why he adopts that bow legged stance though), but I’m not sure she would agree with all of the products being sold in her name. Some of them are classic and very ‘Joan’, but the flannel shirt? No. The gaudy Palazzo Pants? No. 

She was a classic and stylish woman. I do hope that QVC don't cheapen that legacy  

• Like 12

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She's always bringing up Donny! Let it go Donnie & Marie are OVER! Thank goodness she said last night was her last appearance on QVC!🥳 MO came out with a long ass story, to make a long story short she was coughing. She looked all spanxed up like she's still on a Vegas stage and talking incessantly.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Burly said:

Joan Rivers was (IMO) an incredible woman. She is one of the very few celebrities who have died that I actually mourned. I saw her live in Manchester a couple of times and her vitality and zest for life were apparent despite her years. She was also hilariously non-PC. I loved her. 

So I think it’s great that her brand lives on, especially as QVC was instrumental in her recovery from the financial problems she found herself in after her husbands suicide. We don’t get Joan Rivers Classics Collection in the UK anymore which is a shame. I suppose TPTB in the UK think she’s no longer relevant.  

I like David Dangle (Dangel?) he always looks very stylish and put together which I think Joan would approve of (not sure why he adopts that bow legged stance though), but I’m not sure she would agree with all of the products being sold in her name. Some of them are classic and very ‘Joan’, but the flannel shirt? No. The gaudy Palazzo Pants? No. 

She was a classic and stylish woman. I do hope that QVC don't cheapen that legacy  

I think you'll like this:

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

LOL, letusprocrastinate!  Joan never turned down a gig if she thought she could be funny!

I miss Joan a lot.  She was in a class all by herself.

• Like 12

Joan was a real work horse.  There's a story that she would look at her calendar and if there was a blank date she'd be terrified, her greatest fear not working.

• Like 11

She wasn't a family member, I never met her -- but I'll be darn if Joan Rivers really didn't make an impression on me. And to be someone I clearly didn't know -- I really, really admired her. It may sound strange to say I feel her loss. But she really left a void.

It can seem over dramatic to say it, but I still can't believe she died the way she did. It's still a shocker...in a general pop culture shock sort of way. It certainly reminds us all to live life to the fullest because you never know what day will be your last. Of course, there are many examples of that in the news every day. But in the home shopping world -- where I really am not anxious for the "real world" to intervene with negative and depressing happenstance -- her loss is the only one I can think of that was at THAT level of shock and loss. She was in a league, truly, all her own.

I really am still shaking my head about it. 

• Like 9

Selhars, I don't think you're being overly dramatic at all.  Think of all the fans Joan had.  I imagine there were millions of people who were stunned that Joan would succumb during a relatively simple surgical procedure like she was having.

I thought that Joan had great taste,  Wasn't she on Blackwell's Best Dressed list?

Remember when she had that contest or sweepstakes?  I was floored when I found out that I'd been in second place.  I got a huge box of Joan's jewelry.  I gave a lot away because I thought I'd be 90 before I'd ever wear it all!  Happy memory I'd almost forgotten.

• Like 8

Is Skunky scheduled Sat night 8/10 when Kim's new talk show premieres???? LOL!

Edited by mpeeps

I'd have to see Susan Graver's jewelry up close, and touch it myself, before I'd make a definitive decision about it. But it sure looks cheap on my TV screen.

That's compared to Louis Del'Olio's necklaces....where I like every one of them.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Is Skunky scheduled Sat night 8/10 when Kim's new talk show premieres???? LOL!

The QVC program guide says Pat James-Dementri will be on with Kim, Saturday night, 9:00 p..m. I didn't see Skunky scheduled for anything at all on Saturday.

• Laugh 1

OK now, seriously......Is there something wrong with Susan Graver? Like, is she deaf, or something? Perhaps, an unseen condition or disability that she has hidden successfully for years.

NO ONE I know talks over people as she does. Can she not hear that someone else is talking? It really does come across like she can't hear, and has no idea the other person is talking. I say that because it doesn't come across, necessarily, as if she's intentionally hogging the presentation, or hogging the spotlight or camera's attention. 

Pat just signed off their show, and Susan was in the background just yelling "Rick!' Rick!"

I really think there's something wrong with her. Like an attention deficit thing, and her talking compensates for some hidden or unseen something, and her INCESSANT talking covers for it.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 6

I think Susan has something like ADD.  She can't keep still and she can't stop talking. Or maybe she is just a very anxious person (has severe stage fright) and it soothes her to talk constantly on QVC.  Could also be that she's a control freak/micromanager, and feels she has to be 100% in charge of her shows.

I wonder if she is like that at home. If we knew whether she can be calm and quiet away from QVC, that would give us some insight.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I wonder if she is like that at home.

I've always said that about Judge Judy...but I don't really wonder.  Her poor kids; hope they turned out okay.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Elle820 said:

She's always bringing up Donny! Let it go Donnie & Marie are OVER! Thank goodness she said last night was her last appearance on QVC!🥳 MO came out with a long ass story, to make a long story short she was coughing. She looked all spanxed up like she's still on a Vegas stage and talking incessantly.

and now she's going to be on The Talk - UGH UGH UGH

• Like 5

IF Susan IS like that at home, OMG her poor now-adult kids, and grandkids.

How do you live with a person who can NOT shut the eff up? She CAN'T be like that at home. Can't be.

I've always wondered why QVC never got a coach for her (or doesn't seem like they did). Why did they allow her mania (in a general sense) to continue? I like some of her clothing, but can't watch the presentations because SHE is an unwatchable click and ruins the presentation of her own line. But her fans love her so c'est la vie.

Then again, Jane T acts like she's on speed, too. I can watch her a little longer. than I can watch Susan. But an entire show absolutely not.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 6

I couldn't agree with you more, Selhars.  I hate the term "pushy," but it's definitely one that I feel Susan has earned.  Honestly, I don't believe that Susan has any regard/respect for her viewing audience or for her hosts/models.  She struts around as if she owns the studio.  She talks incessantly.  She interrupts others at will and never apologizes because she sees no need to.  IMHO, she is not afflicted with any disease or condition.  I think, on the other hand, that she's merely infected with rudeness, plain and simple.  In short, she is disgusting to watch and must be nearly intolerable to work with.  Add to that her overload of braggadosio over the fashions that she has created, and she is nearly vomit inducing.  Years ago, she was pushy, but she wasn't nearly as much so as she is today.  I refuse to buy one stitch of her clothing because I don't care for it, and I want to see her retire and disappear from QVC forever.  Again IMHO, I believe that these days she is doing nothing to merit my support.  I sincerely hope that I haven't offended any of Susan's fans in here because that is far from my intention.  I guess it's just a case of my ire rising when I see her name!  Forgive me.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The QVC program guide says Pat James-Dementri will be on with Kim, Saturday night, 9:00 p..m. I didn't see Skunky scheduled for anything at all on Saturday.

Skunky doesn't work Saturdays anymore. Her shifts are typically M/Tu, Th/F nights.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Someone should tell David and the Q about the men's shirt company Untuckit.

Shirts are specifically made to be untucked,  so the tail isn't ridiculously long, as is David's.  Tailored and proportioned to be untucked!

TOLAIINI_UNTUCKIT_CHECKS_WRINKLE-FREE_FAST-FASHION_JULY_NAVY_AQUA_1_324x385_crop_center.jpg

• Like 8

I love Untuckit shirts. And I'll have to ask a friend how they are when he sits. Because that photo of that shirt on that model looks a smidge too short -- as if when he'd sit his crack would show.

I know the photo -- most fashion ad photogs  -- only care about how it looks in the photo. But any truly good design should work when you sit as well. Not to mention that designers should keep that in mind.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, Lura said:

You're playing my song, Booney.   Blabby's dress was UGLY and waaaay too long.  I think she forgot to order it in petite.  Those shoes were ugly with it.  Blabby always seems to wear clothes that are too young for her or too old.  Her 4th of July dress will live in my memory for a long time.  It was blue and white striped & had red on it somewhere.  It was so tight over her chest that you could hear her "girls" screaming.  It was truly one for the ages.  

I agree with you about Janes dresses. There’s always just too much material!  Welcome to our little home Lura.  

• Like 3

I think Joan Rivers was the only celebrity that I’ve ever mourned for. I felt like I knew her. Between watching her on the Q and watching the program where she was in Melissa’s house and then that fashion show program you got a good idea of who she was. Then I’ve watched her on tv for probably at least 40 years. She just felt like a friend. And she worked so hard and I admired her for that. Gads what I would have given to be able to sit with her and talk awhile. 

• Like 8

Is it just me, or has Courtney K become totally unwatchable?  She’s on now with Isaac and her howling and screeching can make your ears bleed.  And, she’s become an interrupting motor mouth.  The woman would not let Isaac get a word in and when he was allowed to speak, she was constantly butting in with stupid comments. 

There are times when it seems that Q only sells shoes.  I really wonder if they sell all that much and if they have a high return rate? I never buy shoes on TV or online because my feet are deformed and I have to try them on.  I know I can return them to Q if they don’t fit, but I don’t like the hassle. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Lura said:

LOL, letusprocrastinate!  Joan never turned down a gig if she thought she could be funny!

I miss Joan a lot.  She was in a class all by herself.

I was on a trip to NYC once and saw her coming out of a designer shop on Madison Avenue. She saw that I recognized her and nodded at me and smiled. I did the same and kept walking. I would never bug a celebrity cause it's not my thing. She had a car and driver waiting and I will never forget how sweet she was to him. Also remember what a killer coat she was wearing. She was tiny.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Is it just me, or has Courtney K become totally unwatchable?  She’s on now with Isaac and her howling and screeching can make your ears bleed.  And, she’s become an interrupting motor mouth.  The woman would not let Isaac get a word in and when he was allowed to speak, she was constantly butting in with stupid comments. 

Yes!  What the heck happened to her! 

I usually don't watch anything fashion related before work because it often slows me down while getting ready.  I'm not buying today...just window shopping (I love Fall clothes!).   Poor Isaac--she kept interrupting him/cutting him off.  At one point, I was interested in what he was saying, and there she goes again.  It looks like she's another host who adores the camera on herself.  And the "okurrrrr" is beyond annoying...are people still doing that one???  

Edited by Autumn Love
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

There must be a directive for all hosts to be as over the top as possible. Or they sense they are on a sinking ship and are in panic mode. If viewership doesn’t correlate to sales, why bother?

Does anyone else get the sense that more of the shows are prerecorded? Why have the lights on all the time when you could record 3 shows at once? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rocketinu said:

Issac has two hours tonight with the sugarless fool.

Well I shall be Shawnless as usual.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Antwanella looks pretty today. Those are some fugly clothes, but the hair looks better with a little dark peeking through. 

Love is my energy? Who's wearing this drivel? Spiritual people don't need to announce it.

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 7

SK could make some extra cash giving lessons to the other hosts on how to strut, pose, preen, and lord it over guests.  Her show with Isaac last night -- and the show before it --were prime examples of rudeness.  Note to SK:  (1) One does not scowl, then turn one's back and prance away from a guest, let alone more than once.  (2) One does not interrupt a guest unless he/she has been talking for an insufferably long time.  (3) One does not feign superiority over a guest until he/she has to ask. "Could I say something?"  Did you ever possess common courtesy, or did you lose it somewhere along the way?

• Like 8

On 8/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, Elle820 said:

I heard Marie say that, too. I'm a bit surprised she won't be on anymore since she's not on QVC much now, maybe twice a year. I stopped watching talk shows 20+ years ago and am not at all interested in The Talk. When that chapter in Marie's life ends, she'll probably come back to QVC with whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm pretty sure I heard David say to Marie "for the rest of the year. "   Not forever.  She'll probably get breaks once she's on The Talk.

But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

I like to remember Marie during Paper Roses Days and the D&M show but anything after that she has been annoying. She looks like a drag green and very plastic looking. I had read somewhere that she doesn’t even really talk to her brothers and just uses the past family history as a backstory. Obviously, she worked with Donny forever but I never got the impression they liked each other and it was a marriage devised by their father. Basically, work together to support the family business. I think she has gotten more phones as the years have passed. She also can’t give a straight interview without making a joke and cackling.

I’ll be passing on The Talk. I’ve only watched the show a few times and all the host are annoying. It had some credibility when Julie Chen hosted and moderated but now it’s just random people hosting. 

• Like 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.