Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

14 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

My sister bought the snowmen.  They store very nicely in her garage.  

Give me a break, Unnecessary Mary.  She had the audacity, or stupidity, to say that David is on a very well-deserved vacation because he works 52 weeks a year.  Really?  David has had quite a few vacations this past year. 

I heard that too and snort-laughed. No one on QVC works 52 weeks a year, and certainly not the king of WDVs, David. Even Humblebrag said about him earlier this year, “Does that guy ever work?”

• Like 11

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Iyanla, change my channel!

THANK YOU!!! I knew there was a good Iyanla joke in there somewhere but I couldn't find it!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Booney said:

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures shown in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

Btw, do I even need to point out that, once again, she’s wearing a clingy top that’s too tight and she looks awful? 

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

I was struck by how the snow person was a body double for Caro...can one of you work your magic to put her face on that body? 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Booney, me too!  (Tummy issues.). Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to it.  I wonder if she is stuck on being a certain size?  Thanks for the photos.  

Feel bad because today is her birthday, too.

Looks like she's sizing herself out of the QF line. I know that I can't wear its tops due to their sizing specs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Booney said:

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures shown in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

If I owned a McMansion, I would have gotten those.  I thought they'd look nice flanking a front door.

But since I live in an apartment, I have no use for them, lol.

• Like 5

Since I will be down and out for the next two weeks after being diagnosed with pneumonia, I'll be checking in on Q more than usual. 

Leah was selling Lock n Lock and they were saying that the items don't stain. I call BULL on that because if you put anything tomato based in them, and especially if you microwave tomato foods, it stains and no matter how you try, it can't be cleaned. 

What's with Leah's funky hair?  Don't like it.  She has such a high forehead she needs something to make it less noticeable.  

• Like 13

Oh, Booney......

Hilarious !!!!!!!

😆😆😆😆

K....feel better !!!!

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

~giving KLoves a big pot of chicken soup~

Feel better soon! 😷

I LOVE chicken soup!!!  

Maybe when Diva comes back from his long deserved vacay, he'll show us some recipes.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Booney said:

I had to go look. Oh dear! She almost bests Carolyn today with the too-tight clingy top. These ladies need to SIZE UP and/or buy some industrial strength Spanx. (And this is coming from someone who also has a tummy, but would never wear a top the way these two do!)

FD222C26-3492-4C72-9AED-B3CDEB4A9616.thumb.jpeg.759bf8162f6ab9bc0956d7785af5a8c1.jpeg

ED3372D2-1A13-4891-A34C-A2BC0DCD87C8.thumb.jpeg.9690062b0525f7bb004c7a30e114ab78.jpeg

Pretty bad camel toe going on in those tight pants too!

KLovesoShop, take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Booney said:

9981E355-0FC4-4667-AF57-B0257A5682CE.thumb.jpeg.fceadab0460cdb2a6c11dbbf2c169c7e.jpeg

Thanks Booney! LOLOL!!! A contender for the next PTV fashion faux pole!!!!  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

David's Chicken Soup Recipe :

1 Can Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup

Add Water

Microwave.

It's a Comfort Food Shortcut, don't ya know?

• Like 19

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

David's Chicken Soup Recipe :

1 Can Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup

Add Water

Microwave.

It's a Comfort Food Shortcut, don't ya know?

This was too funny!

Thanks for the belly laugh this morning!  I needed that.......

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

If I owned a McMansion, I would have gotten those.  I thought they'd look nice flanking a front door.

I like them too.  I've got a large basement to store them in, but it's already full of 30+ years of Christmas decorations, and I surely don't need to add to them, lol.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Since I will be down and out for the next two weeks after being diagnosed with pneumonia, I'll be checking in on Q more than usual. 

Antibiotics and rest and soup......   UghJjpc.jpg  Hope you feel better !

• Like 6

6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I LOVE chicken soup!!!  

Maybe when Diva comes back from his long deserved vacay, he'll show us some recipes.  

David's chicken soup recipe:

1 Can - Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup

1 Can - Water

Combine the first two ingredients in a 2 qt. Cook's Essentials sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir until blended and heated completely through.  Serve in your favorite Temptations soup bowl.  Enjoy!

• Like 12

10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Leah was selling Lock n Lock and they were saying that the items don't stain. I call BULL on that because if you put anything tomato based in them, and especially if you microwave tomato foods, it stains and no matter how you try, it can't be cleaned. 

What's with Leah's funky hair?  Don't like it.  She has such a high forehead she needs something to make it less noticeable.  

As Leah has gotten smaller, her hair is looking bigger.

Feel better soon, @KLovestoShop!

• Like 5

$40 for a months supply of soluble vitamins? 

Do me a favour. 

And I’d be even less likely to buy it from Kerstin who suggested dropping it into a Pepsi, or letting her family have tacos every night as long as they drink an 8greens as if one somehow “cancels out” the other. This is the absolute worst kind of sales patter, where you encourage people to carry on with their existing poor habits but make themselves feel better by having what they’re misled to believe is a healthy choice. 

I love Q for all it’s tackiness, odd personalities and funny foibles but I hate it when it pulls this kind of stunt. 

• Like 14

Agree with you @Burly.  I don't think there's a doctor out there who would say it's best to drink your vegetables as opposed to eating a few now and then!  Kerstin makes it sound like all you have to do is drink these and your vegetable crisis is over.  And to think you'd rather give your kids a pill or two instead of teaching them to try new things - it's just silly.  And expensive.

So much for being a "good mom".

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I might buy the snowman if he were brighter colored.  Gold metallic is too boring in our brown or white world of winter.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Booney said:

The ladies have taken over ITKWD. In case you were wondering...

A13D5A72-B24C-4849-A964-70F633B1ACF8.thumb.jpeg.1abf2961b4038186e7fd82ee748dd517.jpeg

76F1F56B-D72A-48A1-ADCC-5536CF1346E4.thumb.jpeg.37075cc86aa1d1b617090f2b1869b383.jpeg

I've said it before and will say it again -- UM is, in my opinion, THE WORST DRESSED host I have ever seen on QVC, and I do realize that's some competition.   I am absolutely convinced that "stylist" Angelo never comes near her -- Mary, with her zero fashion sense, just throws on what she thinks looks good WHICH IS NOTHING.  I was watching the show with that outfit above -- so, so awful -- the health-care worker top, boxy unflattering, weirdly-colored jacket (which, like Blabby and Frau, she kept tugging every two seconds), and dark blue denim jeans.  I know this will sound strange, but it actually made me physically ill, almost to the point of nausea.  No, I am not kidding.  Ghastly.   

• Like 9

I assume Kerstin considers a glass of the 8 greens tsv a meal substitute in her mind.  From the little she shares about her diet, it sounds like she's on a starvation diet and eats mostly broccoli and grilled chicken. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I assume Kerstin considers a glass of the 8 greens tsv a meal substitute in her mind.  From the little she shares about her diet, it sounds like she's on a starvation diet and eats mostly broccoli and grilled chicken. 

As far as I can tell from listening to her over the years, Kerstin's dirty little secret is that she actually eats normally; i.e. fast-food French fries, beef hamburgers, etc. but then uses vitamin supplements to apparently "negate" all the fat and starch.  This woman is far from the health nut she'd like us to believe.

• Like 7

Well, to be fair, she doesn't claim to be a "good mom," just a "busy mom."

Just once I'd like to hear one of 'em say "I'm a busy mom! A busy, crappy, neglectful, mean mom. But busy. So so busy!!!"

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Kathcart said:

Well, to be fair, she doesn't claim to be a "good mom," just a "busy mom."

Just once I'd like to hear one of 'em say "I'm a busy mom! A busy, crappy, neglectful, mean mom. But busy. So so busy!!!"

You're right - I should know the buzzword is "busy mom"! 

I think I was thinking about her from this past weekend, when she was screeching about how she was so fit she could pick up her 80 pound child......declaring how "all of us want to be good moms".

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Booney said:

There was a colorful version which, unfortunately, sold out.

2BC9C334-5083-4FCF-9946-EDFBE7439086.thumb.jpeg.ef087389808ac31832b0494abea1408a.jpeg

This is absolutely an outfit Caro would wear.

The foot pose is spot on.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 18

After going to vote and staring at the wigs, I have decided that Mary Beth needs to cut her hair and maybe go strawberry blonde. She looked a lot better with some color to her hair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Stop it Booney - before I wet my pants from laughing!!!  You are the cleverest girl!!!

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Booney said:

9981E355-0FC4-4667-AF57-B0257A5682CE.thumb.jpeg.fceadab0460cdb2a6c11dbbf2c169c7e.jpeg

So glad I came in here today LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that expression too! LOLOLOOL

2 hours ago, Booney said:

2BC9C334-5083-4FCF-9946-EDFBE7439086.thumb.jpeg.ef087389808ac31832b0494abea1408a.jpeg

OH em gee!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

As far as I can tell from listening to her over the years, Kerstin's dirty little secret is that she actually eats normally; i.e. fast-food French fries, beef hamburgers, etc. but then uses vitamin supplements to apparently "negate" all the fat and starch.  This woman is far from the health nut she'd like us to believe.

But this makes zero sense. You cannot negate a fast food diet with vitamins. Unless she's on one of those things that male u poop  the fat out there is no way

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 7

Angel is wearing a top that fits her better, or at least in black, disguises "curves" better.   Said as a person who often finds that a black top disguises my "curves!"

• Like 5

if vitamins were all it took, america would be thin. People could eat all the fried foods and pizza we wanted and just pop a vitamin to stay thin.. Very thin looking at Kirsten.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

So glad I came in here today LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that expression too! LOLOLOOL

OH em gee!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

But this makes zero sense. You cannot negate a fast food diet with vitamins. Unless she's on one of those things that male u poop  the fat out there is no way

Theere's actually something that does this????

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Agree with you @Burly.  I don't think there's a doctor out there who would say it's best to drink your vegetables as opposed to eating a few now and then!  Kerstin makes it sound like all you have to do is drink these and your vegetable crisis is over.  And to think you'd rather give your kids a pill or two instead of teaching them to try new things - it's just silly.  And expensive.

I have always wondered why anyone would grind up any food and drink it?  Making fruit juice is one thing but why grind fruits or vegetables and drink instead of eat?  Would you grind a hamburger and French fries and drink them?  Would you grind up peanut butter, jelly and bread and give them to your kids to drink? Sadly some children don't know what a fruit or vegetable is for sure.

?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Theere's actually something that does this????

Yup.. look up Alli... my mom took this or something like it.

It causes well orange oil leakage from.... ahem...

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

Just now, SnowDazed said:

Yup.. look like Alli... my mom took this or something like it.

It causes well orange oil leakage from.... ahem...

oh my god.....I started on this site today laughing at something  @JohnnyStar5 posted about David's "recipe" for chicken soup and now get to end the day chortling over "orange oil leakage".  You say the funniest things and I thank you for that - truly!!!!

on a serious note, though, I do remember Alli or one of those type of drugs.....I thought no one used them anymore or that they'd been banned or something! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Remember Olene or Olestra?  They put it in potato chips.  The horror!!! 

I tried it once. Nevermore.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I remember the Olestra chips!  A warning on the package actually said "May cause anal leakage."

We laughed about that for days at work!

Filed Under:  Things That Actually Got FDA Clearance

• Like 9

My ears.   The Elizabeth and Clark OAP sounds worse than the Kartrashians.  Not only loud and shrill, but the vocal fry is awful. Why don’t those people watch their shows and see how bad they sound. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Remember Olene or Olestra?  They put it in potato chips.  The horror!!! 

I accidentally ate one Pringle with Olestra. That one chip really did a number on my guts.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lisanna said:

I have always wondered why anyone would grind up any food and drink it?  Making fruit juice is one thing but why grind fruits or vegetables and drink instead of eat?  Would you grind a hamburger and French fries and drink them?  Would you grind up peanut butter, jelly and bread and give them to your kids to drink? Sadly some children don't know what a fruit or vegetable is for sure.

?

Um . . . I would happily drink a peanut butter and jelly sandwich smoothie. Love PBJ.

David would gulp down a mac 'n cheese smoothie in a flash. (Wait -- maybe we shouldn't give him any ideas!)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I remember the Olestra chips!  A warning on the package actually said "May cause anal leakage."

We laughed about that for days at work!

Wasn't there also a warning about it may cause violent and explosive diarrhea? 

• Like 6

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.