Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts


10 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Please tell me Ant is wearing a bad wig!

5c2bda6d0096f_2019-01-0116_21_21.thumb.jpg.800266365d7694e28b20f35d92a704ad.jpg

Really does look like it!  But the Penn State game is getting good,  so I'll have to have another look later. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Booney said:

Caro was going on about how great she looks in this top. “I look so curvy in this!” she squealed. I’m not sure “curvy” is the right word for it.

EC93E5CB-0D65-435F-8314-5735ABFA0565.thumb.jpeg.d78688fa73672f32db120b3710278eea.jpeg

She looks pregnant. Yes, I know that's impossible, just sayin' it looks more like a pregnant tummy than "curvy." And she's deliberately sticking her flab way out in that pose, not to mention pulling her cardigan back so we can see the tummy in all its rotund glory. Suck in that gut, Carolyn.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Katrina spent about 20 years in NYC as a "life style expert/fashion reporter/celebrity reporter" type....yes, there are 20 years worth of pics floating around the web... 

she was very beautiful in her older pics. She's still beautiful but her age shows. Part of it is the weight. She isn't heavy but she doesn't have the slim look she once did.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

OMG!!!!!!!  I officially love Antonella!  I was just starting to type a really snide comment about her hairy knuckles as the camera was ZOOOMING in and suddenly she realizes what the world is looking at and is like "OH GAWD!  That is NOT the way they look in real life!!!"  See, this is live TV!  Soooo funny ...now she also said something about "good morning" and it's after 6pm, so it's like she's on her cold medicine again....

Oh, and I don't think it's a wig.  That's the other thing I was going to say and it relates to her hairy finger knuckles- I think she's like me ethnicity wise and is just a thick, hairy,  person all over, including her head.   I know so many people have the opposite problem with loss or thinning of the hair on their head.  Ideally,  we could all have the perfect amount of hair.  But Antonella could be like me- and it's a pain in the neck.   I actually like her hair better when it's a bit longer with more of her natural wave.  I'm not digging this style. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any way to find a video/recording of that part when the camera seemed to be focusing on the hair on Antonella's fingers and her reaction?  I would seriously enjoy seeing it again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Antonella’s hair looks like a wig . I have hair like Antonella , and to get it thar straight all the time is just not that easy .   I didn’t  like her . 1980’s hair , but I did like the updated style before this bad haircut / wig.

I can relate to the “hairy” problem ! Like Antonella , I am part Italian , and I have the problem with annoying hair all over ! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I think Antonella’s hair looks like a wig . I have hair like Antonella , and to get it thar straight all the time is just not that easy .   I didn’t  like her . 1980’s hair , but I did like the updated style before this bad haircut / wig.

I can relate to the “hairy” problem ! Like Antonella , I am part Italian , and I have the problem with annoying hair all over ! 

As much as I like Ant, I also don’t like her current hairstyle. Her hair looked best when she first ditched the Sopranos hair and went with a smoother style. I snapped these two pics in September, and I think she - and her hair - looked fabulous here. She should grow back some length, ditch the bangs, and get back to a style like one of these -

85A963A3-D0DA-485A-AD7D-33DA93A0A3D6.thumb.jpeg.4292aae53d86c869df805b7c67089a91.jpeg

CEBEB0A9-0C16-4024-A526-242C97AE32D5.thumb.jpeg.45df9c5e280aba5689390ce7328c200e.jpeg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Booney said:

Caro was going on about how great she looks in this top. “I look so curvy in this!” she squealed. I’m not sure “curvy” is the right word for it.

EC93E5CB-0D65-435F-8314-5735ABFA0565.thumb.jpeg.d78688fa73672f32db120b3710278eea.jpeg

Oh my... serious magic mirrors or she is wearing glasses from 10 prescriptions ago LOL!

 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Booney said:

As much as I like Ant, I also don’t like her current hairstyle. Her hair looked best when she first ditched the Sopranos hair and went with a smoother style. I snapped these two pics in September, and I think she - and her hair - looked fabulous here. She should grow back some length, ditch the bangs, and get back to a style like one of these -

85A963A3-D0DA-485A-AD7D-33DA93A0A3D6.thumb.jpeg.4292aae53d86c869df805b7c67089a91.jpeg

CEBEB0A9-0C16-4024-A526-242C97AE32D5.thumb.jpeg.45df9c5e280aba5689390ce7328c200e.jpeg

i 100% agree. She looks so pretty in these. her hair is DREADFUL now!!!

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I think Antonella’s hair looks like a wig . I have hair like Antonella , and to get it thar straight all the time is just not that easy .   I didn’t  like her . 1980’s hair , but I did like the updated style before this bad haircut / wig.

I can relate to the “hairy” problem ! Like Antonella , I am part Italian , and I have the problem with annoying hair all over ! 

Part Jewish and hairy too. It's just wonderful getting leg 5 o'clock shadow LMAOOOOO

 

4 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

As I sit contemplating my usual, soon-to-fail New Year's diet, Leah appears - a mere shadow of her previous self.  Impressive weight loss - but her face!! In my (pleasantly plump - ha) opinion, she's aged overnight facially, looks gaunt & harsh, & old.  Well, I expect her actual health stats (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) have benefitted from her weight loss, so cheers to her & happy 2019 to all. 

The combo of shade and pleasantness in this is so amusing LOLOL. But I agree.

that's what happens when you're over a certain age and weight drops too rapidly. It does a NUMBER on the face.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Tshopstoo said:

Ewww! Doesn’t look normal.

OMG. That picture of Kerstain is awful.  Any lower and we would see her full pubes.  There’s absolutely no reason to have her pants pulled down so low to demonstrate the product. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

OMG. That picture of Kerstain is awful.  Any lower and we would see her full pubes.  

I'm sure she waxes head to toe. She looks like a boy. Maybe the lobster is into guys.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Booney said:

Caro was going on about how great she looks in this top. “I look so curvy in this!” she squealed. I’m not sure “curvy” is the right word for it.

EC93E5CB-0D65-435F-8314-5735ABFA0565.thumb.jpeg.d78688fa73672f32db120b3710278eea.jpeg

As curvy as a butternut squash...

 

⏳⏳⏳⏳⏳⏳⏳⏳

 

 

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Please tell me Ant is wearing a bad wig!

5c2bda6d0096f_2019-01-0116_21_21.thumb.jpg.800266365d7694e28b20f35d92a704ad.jpg

Somebody must have f'd-up her forehead Botox shots. She's been covering her forehead up recently.

Edited by DownTheShore · Reason: Damn automerge
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Either new host Katrina has a lot of fillers, or she takes a lot of steroids. Her face looks incredible puffy in this video*. The severe hair doesn't help.

*link wouldn't work, it's on the home page right under the TSV. "TSV Styling Inspo"

Also I find her voice a bit manly. Does the Q have an aversion to people with neutral voices?

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Either new host Katrina has a lot of fillers, or she takes a lot of steroids. Her face looks incredible puffy in this video*. The severe hair doesn't help.

*link wouldn't work, it's on the home page right under the TSV. "TSV Styling Inspo"

Also I find her voice a bit manly. Does the Q have an aversion to people with neutral voices?

 

I find Ally's ( sp) voice manly or at least harsh and  a little "coffee and cigarettes" like too. It just isn't pleasant to my ears. It's not terrible or extremely harsh but it just isn't pleasant imo esp combined with her wrestler look lol.

I went to look at the vid. Yikes, Katrina looks very puffy as if she just got up after eating ramen the night before lol. Her voice even cracked. Why would they use that vid???? Do another take or something. I have a feeling that vid was made early in the day, she wasn't ready for tv yet.

i don't want to pick on her as she may be ill but they could have redone that promo.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm getting all the newbies' names confused, but the new brunette host with the beefy arms is giving me a fem Rachel Ray vibe.  She also comes across a little rough like that host who got axed last year.  I forget her name too.  The one with the neck issue. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I'm getting all the newbies' names confused, but the new brunette host with the beefy arms is giving me a fem Rachel Ray vibe.  She also comes across a little rough like that host who got axed last year.  I forget her name too.  The one with the neck issue. 

That is Ally, Alli, whatever LOL. The "wrestler". And she def has a Rachel Ray vibe as well as reminding me of Emerilette, Alex Butler. Rachel and Emeril are just alike so it all makes sense LOL. Ally is the new Emerilette. Or Raychelette. Or Rachel the Wrestler lol.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I swear - Carol looks exactly like Jayne!!!   LOL

Well, Carolyn definitely poses like her (Jane Mansfield).   She’s got that down at least. 

Intersting comments about Asian hosts.   I guess the Q must have done some testing on Asian hosts and they didn’t do well.   I would think that the Q target customer would be a white elderly female with disposable income.  And most of their customers are either white or black.  So it would make sense that they would mostly hire white and black hosts. They are looking for young hosts that come off a trustworthy or remind the customers of their kid/grandchild/niece.   Anthony was hired to charm customers out of their money.  

I agree, they look all interchangeable and they are bland to me.  Anthony is an instant click.  He comes off as another Adam Freeman, another flimflam man.  The vets at least have distinct personalities.  The best of the newbies is princess Jasmine.   She is different, classy and actually has a pleasant personality.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I have only seen Ally and Katrina in action so far but comparing them to Cathy, Courtney, and even Mary Nelson, idk... something is off. Its like these new newbies seem more fit for HSN somehow than QVC. They're lacking that sweet, wholesome thing that QVC hosts normally have. Cathy and Courtney are very QVC, they're sweet and dainty and just read "wholesome". Courtney is glam and classy in addition to being wholesome.  Kristine Zell, as annoying as she is, is also very QVC. Sickeningly saccharine.

I prefer the Q to HSN  and one main reason is the hosts. I don't like the style of HSN hosts. I find them slightly brash, too loud and coarse for my tastes. QVC hosts are like a bit pageant like, doll like and sweet or that's what I expect of them anyway LOL. Even some of the older ones are that way.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

I have only seen Ally and Katrina in action so far but comparing them to Cathy, Courtney, and even Mary Nelson, idk... something is off. Its like these new newbies seem more fit for HSN somehow than QVC. They're lacking that sweet, wholesome thing that QVC hosts normally have. Cathy and Courtney are very QVC, they're sweet and dainty and just say "wholesome". Kristine Zell, as annoying as she is, is also very QVC. Sickeningly saccharine.

Thanks for clarifying Rachel the Wrestler!!  You might be on to something with the new hosts.  Maybe Qurate plans on "blending" QVC and HSN into one name over the next year or so and want hosts that can work both studios a little like Shannon did this weekend . . . crossover hosts?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Just turned on the Q and saw Ant hosting.   She looks good.   Actually wearing clothes that fit and flatter her.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, SnowDazed said:

That is Ally, Alli, whatever LOL. The "wrestler". And she def has a Rachel Ray vibe as well as reminding me of Emerilette, Alex Butler. Rachel and Emeril are just alike so it all makes sense LOL. Ally is the new Emerilette. Or Raychelette. Or Rachel the Wrestler lol.

 

I still giggle when I see the name "Emerilette".........

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wish Mary Nelson would get some speech therapy. I think she is actually a very good host, but the warble in her voice grates after a while. It makes me feel nervous for some odd reason.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures shown in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

Btw, do I even need to point out that, once again, she’s wearing a clingy top that’s too tight and she looks awful? 

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone see Angel (QF) with Ant this afternoon?  Oh my.  She wore the top they were selling and it was way too tight.  She should have sized up.  It was hugging her in all the wrong places.  Sigh.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures show in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

Btw, do I even need to point out that, once again, she’s wearing a clingy top that’s too tight and she looks awful? 

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

Where would you store anything that big? (I mean the Christmas statues, not Carolyn.)

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did anyone see Angel (QF) with Ant this afternoon?  Oh my.  She wore the top they were selling and it was way too tight.  She should have sized up.  It was hugging her in all the wrong places.  Sigh.  

She looked absolutely terrible.   

16 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Where would you store anything that big? (I mean the Christmas statues, not Carolyn.)

Good one, lol!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Where would you store anything that big? (I mean the Christmas statues, not Carolyn.)

Carolyn’s husband is probably wondering the same thing. 😊

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Carolyn’s husband is probably wondering the same thing. 😊

You guys crack me up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Did anyone see Angel (QF) with Ant this afternoon?  Oh my.  She wore the top they were selling and it was way too tight.  She should have sized up.  It was hugging her in all the wrong places.  Sigh.  

I had to go look. Oh dear! She almost bests Carolyn today with the too-tight clingy top. These ladies need to SIZE UP and/or buy some industrial strength Spanx. (And this is coming from someone who also has a tummy, but would never wear a top the way these two do!)

FD222C26-3492-4C72-9AED-B3CDEB4A9616.thumb.jpeg.759bf8162f6ab9bc0956d7785af5a8c1.jpeg

ED3372D2-1A13-4891-A34C-A2BC0DCD87C8.thumb.jpeg.9690062b0525f7bb004c7a30e114ab78.jpeg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Booney said:

I had to go look. Oh dear! She almost bests Carolyn today with the too-tight clingy top. These ladies need to SIZE UP and/or buy some industrial strength Spanx. (And this is coming from someone who also has a tummy, but would never wear a top the way these two do!)

FD222C26-3492-4C72-9AED-B3CDEB4A9616.thumb.jpeg.759bf8162f6ab9bc0956d7785af5a8c1.jpeg

ED3372D2-1A13-4891-A34C-A2BC0DCD87C8.thumb.jpeg.9690062b0525f7bb004c7a30e114ab78.jpeg

Booney, me too!  (Tummy issues.). Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to it.  I wonder if she is stuck on being a certain size?  Thanks for the photos.  

Feel bad because today is her birthday, too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Where would you store anything that big? (I mean the Christmas statues, not Carolyn.)

My sister bought the snowmen.  They store very nicely in her garage.  

Give me a break, Unnecessary Mary.  She had the audacity, or stupidity, to say that David is on a very well-deserved vacation because he works 52 weeks a year.  Really?  David has had quite a few vacations this past year. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

"We're cleaning our body and clearing our energy."

"The tinctures are what give the energy aura around your body a different glow."

"...then you sit down and luxuriate yourself with the body cream ..."

"Every blend comes with its own affirmation."

"The scents are carefully crafted to open up your mind and your heart."

Thus spaketh that ol' phony Iyanla Van Zant, on right now on HSN shilling her mystical magical mood-altering, mind-cleansing, spirit-clearing bath products. BLEAUGH.

had to add this one: "Once you become sensitized to energy, you'll know which one you need."

VOMIT.

Edited by Kathcart
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

My sister bought the snowmen.  They store very nicely in her garage.  

Give me a break, Unnecessary Mary.  She had the audacity, or stupidity, to say that David is on a very well-deserved vacation because he works 52 weeks a year.  Really?  David has had quite a few vacations this past year. 

I heard that too and snort-laughed. No one on QVC works 52 weeks a year, and certainly not the king of WDVs, David. Even Humblebrag said about him earlier this year, “Does that guy ever work?”

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Iyanla, change my channel!

THANK YOU!!! I knew there was a good Iyanla joke in there somewhere but I couldn't find it!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Booney said:

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures shown in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

Btw, do I even need to point out that, once again, she’s wearing a clingy top that’s too tight and she looks awful? 

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

I was struck by how the snow person was a body double for Caro...can one of you work your magic to put her face on that body? 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Booney, me too!  (Tummy issues.). Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to it.  I wonder if she is stuck on being a certain size?  Thanks for the photos.  

Feel bad because today is her birthday, too.

Looks like she's sizing herself out of the QF line. I know that I can't wear its tops due to their sizing specs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Booney said:

I didn’t have a chance to post this during Carolyn’s Christmas Clearance show this morning. She was even more brutal than usual in terms of steam rolling over the OAPs - they could barely get a word in edgewise. She was also doing a really hard sell. She presented the Kringle Express Oversized figures shown in the pic below. She started by saying that there had been a third choice, a Santa, but that was sold out - of course, she had gotten the Santa. But...now she was going to buy the snowman. She said things like “You have to get this!” And, “Even if you don’t know where to put it, just get it!” And, “At this price and with the easy pays, you should buy it. I mean, come on!” It was so annoying. I guess these leftovers weren’t moving and she was told to lay it on really thick.

 

9B59D050-1E69-4BB1-AEDD-92478E736012.thumb.jpeg.26752cb412b9ab3435ba1eb8b21bd8fc.jpeg

If I owned a McMansion, I would have gotten those.  I thought they'd look nice flanking a front door.

But since I live in an apartment, I have no use for them, lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Since I will be down and out for the next two weeks after being diagnosed with pneumonia, I'll be checking in on Q more than usual. 

Leah was selling Lock n Lock and they were saying that the items don't stain. I call BULL on that because if you put anything tomato based in them, and especially if you microwave tomato foods, it stains and no matter how you try, it can't be cleaned. 

What's with Leah's funky hair?  Don't like it.  She has such a high forehead she needs something to make it less noticeable.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Booney......

Hilarious !!!!!!!

😆😆😆😆

 

K....feel better !!!!

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

~giving KLoves a big pot of chicken soup~

Feel better soon! 😷

I LOVE chicken soup!!!  

Maybe when Diva comes back from his long deserved vacay, he'll show us some recipes.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Booney said:

I had to go look. Oh dear! She almost bests Carolyn today with the too-tight clingy top. These ladies need to SIZE UP and/or buy some industrial strength Spanx. (And this is coming from someone who also has a tummy, but would never wear a top the way these two do!)

FD222C26-3492-4C72-9AED-B3CDEB4A9616.thumb.jpeg.759bf8162f6ab9bc0956d7785af5a8c1.jpeg

ED3372D2-1A13-4891-A34C-A2BC0DCD87C8.thumb.jpeg.9690062b0525f7bb004c7a30e114ab78.jpeg

Pretty bad camel toe going on in those tight pants too!

***

KLovesoShop, take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size