Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

19 hours ago, hummingbird said:

oxymoron describing Bowersox,   he was so pompous but his departure was very odd 

Bowersox struck me as very uptight, insipid, and religious which is probably way off ( and i used to think he and Jill Bauer were wife and husband LMAO). Granted, I didn't read people all that well back when he was on ( was in my early 20s and had the maturity level of a 15 year old lol). But it just occurred to me that he reminds me of a priest who worked at the church near my Catholic elementary school and I probably mentally associated the two of them.

I was a painfully shy kid and would stand alone in the morning before classes began, meanwhile usually every single other child in that yard was off playing or talking. The Bowersox priest (picture Bowersox with gray hair and glasses) would sometimes approach and keep me company. He seemed very dull and I can't recall what he'd talk about but it didn't interest me . And he would sometimes place his hand on my tiny shoulder ( and sort of press it and leave it there awkwardly long is what i'm remembering lmaoooo), I suppose as an act of comfort because I was alone (or he saw sadness in me), but it felt weird and to this day still makes me wonder. Had he been a creep of that kind, I'd have been the perfect target as quiet and vulnerable as I was.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, SnowDazed said:

Bowersox struck me as very uptight, insipid, and religious which is probably way off ( and i used to think he and Jill Bauer were wife and husband LMAO). Granted, I didn't read people all that well back when he was on ( was in my early 20s and had the maturity level of a 15 year old lol). But it just occurred to me that he reminds me of a priest who worked at the church near my Catholic elementary school. I was a painfully shy kid and would stand alone in the morning before classes began, meanwhile usually every single other child in that yard was off playing or talking. The Bowersox priest (picture Bowersox with gray hair and glasses) would sometimes approach and keep me company. He seemed very dull and I can't recall what he'd talk about but it didn't interest me . And he would sometimes place his hand on my shoulder, I suppose as an act of comfort because I was alone (or he saw sadness in me), but it felt weird and to this day still makes me wonder. Had he been a creep of that kind, I'd have been the perfect target as quiet and vulnerable as I was.

😨

• Like 2

Just now, SnowDazed said:

LMAOOO what does that emoji mean? TMI? LOL I'm always TMI'ing, I can't help it lol.

To me it means "holy shit, I'm afraid to even think of the possibilities"   lol!

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Bowersox gave off a creeper vibe for me; like the key party type.

He wrote a book in 2002 called "48 Hours to a Stronger Marriage." Not long after that his wife, Toni, left him. I guess he didn't take his own advice!

5c2a4cc46ef7e_BobBowersoxbook.jpg.d7dcd6c45451494d804df06858c59f54.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Booney said:

He wrote a book in 2002 called "48 Hours to a Stronger Marriage." Not long after that his wife, Toni, left him. I guess he didn't take his own advice!

Oh Jeez....this is the kind of book Ollie's discount frequently carries.   In fact, The Dollar Store also carries terrible books no one wants even for a dollar.  

P.S.  Sometimes you can get a decent book at Ollie's.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

Now I'm even more skeeved out!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

HSN host Sarah Anderson was also at Q yesterday..she posts that one of her first jobs was presenting a vacuum cleaner on QVC!  Who is the host with her?

I'm going to agree with the comment that says it's Leah.

sarah leah.JPG

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Their worlds have collided!

49769249_2096666377060069_748769673373286400_n.jpg

I hope Alberti took care; that hair is alive and could have strangled him if he made a threatening move toward Mannon! 😲

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Just for curiosity's sake, I did a google search:

Bowersox Name Meaning

Americanized spelling of German Bauersachs, a name indicating descent from Hans Bauer, nicknamed Sachs ‘the Saxon’, a forester who lived in Judenbach, Franconia, c.1555. An alternative derivation is from Bauerochs, literally ‘farmer ox’, a nickname or byname for the farmer who kept the breeding bull in a community.

Source: Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press

Similar surnames: Bowersock, Bowerman, Bowser, Boersma, Boers, Boerst, Broderson

I've always wondered how he managed to get a surname with that spelling. Now, we all know.😊

• Like 7

it looks like the new people are cute but bland . And so much for diversity ! How many bleached , young blonds do they need ?

On Instagram they have live “year in review “ videos , and all of them seem to be Sloan aka “eyebrows” Glass!

it seems like they are trying hard for the young demo. Antonella is almost always on QVC 2, and they feature little or nothing of her or the older hosts on their review .

Do they really think they’ll compete with Amazon for young people? And when everyone is blonde and bland, it’s not going to help their sales .

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

And when everyone is blonde and bland, it’s not going to help their sales .

Courtney K and Amy S are dark eyed/dark haired exotic looking ladies.

They have the Monday night crown jewel 

Movin on up

to the East side

• Like 11

But you know there's really a distinct lack of diversity when the white people can't even tell the white people apart, lol (speaking as a white person for whom all the blondes are interchangeable and the new brunettes are all Sandra-clones).😁

• Like 13

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

But you know there's really a distinct lack of diversity when the white people can't even tell the white people apart, lol (speaking as a white person for whom all the blondes are interchangeable and the new brunettes are all Sandra-clones).😁

ITA !  Speaking as a white person , I can’t tell the bland young hosts apart either !  They are fine , but lacking any personality that distinguishes them from each other !

Antonella , Leah , Dave , Shawn , Jane, Carolyn , and Mary Beth ,  Alberti , even if you don’t care for any of them , they have distinct personalities and like certain things , which helps them to see those items .

The new group younger women seem to be nothing but good hosts with pretty faces but lacking in personality .   They nearly all are telling us how thy are wearing “extra extra small “ As their size , something the majority of the audience can not relate to!   

I think that QVC is making a bit mistake by not choosing more ethnic and racially diverse people as hosts who are not Hallmark movie versions of different races. 

• Like 14

So now, Mary Beth has a show and she is saying some of the clearance prices are up to 70% off the regular Q price.  WTH is it with these people?  A couple of weeks ago Jen Coffey announced that 40% was the highest clearance discount on QVC.  Either she was completely mistaken (a distinct possibility), she deliberately lied,  or QVC suddenly revised clearance price discounts.  ?????

• Like 8

I believe New Mary said on her Facebook that she will be working  earlier hours on QVC2.  So I believe the only ones still on late nite will be Kathy and Christine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rdh1314 said:

So now, Mary Beth has a show and she is saying some of the clearance prices are up to 70% off the regular Q price.  WTH is it with these people?  A couple of weeks ago Jen Coffey announced that 40% was the highest clearance discount on QVC.  Either she was completely mistaken (a distinct possibility), she deliberately lied,  or QVC suddenly revised clearance price discounts.  ?????

Truth(iness) starts at the top, don't ya know.

Edited by telemachus2 · Reason: Autoincorrect!
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

it looks like the new people are cute but bland . And so much for diversity ! How many bleached , young blonds do they need ?

On Instagram they have live “year in review “ videos , and all of them seem to be Sloan aka “eyebrows” Glass!

it seems like they are trying hard for the young demo. Antonella is almost always on QVC 2, and they feature little or nothing of her or the older hosts on their review .

Do they really think they’ll compete with Amazon for young people? And when everyone is blonde and bland, it’s not going to help their sales .

I don't think there has ever been an Asian host. 

• Like 7

On 12/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

from the small bit I heard, it meant she's able to pick up her kids......probably like all moms can do.

Who is her target audience? Any one truly interested in fitness ain't getting advice from her. That is her only toe hold as far as I can tell. It certainly isn't her looks, style, charm or wit because she has none of those. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Courtney K is also scheduled Jan 6th to cohost with Rick, 10pm, show called "Q The Deals".

Clever.

But she definitely is the break out star from that class.

aaaaaw where's my Cathy :(? I'm waiting for her to get something non graveyard.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I believe New Mary said on her Facebook that she will be working  earlier hours on QVC2.  So I believe the only ones still on late nite will be Kathy and Christine.

For now, she is still graveyarding it. She's on right now with one one the blonde new newbies who is very comfy in front of the camera and a real bullshitter lol.

Mary Nelson has bangs now...

5c2b14e326cd0_ScreenShot2019-01-01at2_20_20AM.thumb.png.49c3a3e7654c05c1cbe603baf533590a.png

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 4

and the new newbie.. something about her is unpleasant..face and hair is harsh and she just sounds insincere. and she seems more HSN than QVC somehow....

5c2b1566131f9_ScreenShot2019-01-01at2_22_14AM.thumb.png.34790b809427c6d9eb0f833911c2c5da.png

6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I don't think there has ever been an Asian host. 

Strange. They must either not have many Asian customers or for some reason they don't feel an Asian woman would connect to their audience.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

and the new newbie.. something about her is unpleasant..face and hair is harsh and she just sounds insincere. and she seems more HSN than QVC somehow....

5c2b1566131f9_ScreenShot2019-01-01at2_22_14AM.thumb.png.34790b809427c6d9eb0f833911c2c5da.png

Strange. They must either not have many Asian customers or for some reason they don't feel an Asian woman would connect to their audience.

I think that pic above is the one named Katrina.....if it is, I was right.  They've already put too much makeup on her and she looks harsh now.  She's still pretty, don't get me wrong.  But she was prettier in the pic below (this is Johnny5Star's pic, posted on 12/29).  And don't get me started on the ugly green dress that is ill-fitting in the sleeves!

image.png.360518fd42a50de863ed84a68492c482.png

• Like 6

Oh no! Katrina's already been Q'd over.

I don't think she would ever wear that top (or is it a dress) in her real life (but if she must for work, so be it).

Her voice is good, particularly when she was side by side with Nelson.

She's already drawn on the "celebrities do this and that" but that's her past life so can be expected. 

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I think that pic above is the one named Katrina.....if it is, I was right.  They've already put too much makeup on her and she looks harsh now.  She's still pretty, don't get me wrong.  But she was prettier in the pic below (this is Johnny5Star's pic, posted on 12/29).  And don't get me started on the ugly green dress that is ill-fitting in the sleeves!

This pic looks 10-15 years and 20 lbs ago lol. No way can that be recent. She barely looks like the same person.

What was she before being a Q host?

• Like 8

Katrina spent about 20 years in NYC as a "life style expert/fashion reporter/celebrity reporter" type....yes, there are 20 years worth of pics floating around the web... 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

Or like HBird has said, they haven't gotten interest from a qualified Asian applicant.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It's her eyebrows. The tail of the brow isn't long enough. Her eyes go past the brows. It creates a very harsh look.

• Like 2

Just now, Girlydiva53 said:

It's her eyebrows. The tail of the brow isn't long enough. Her eyes go past the brows. It creates a very harsh look.

Yeah, plus the eye makeup in general is harsh and unflattering.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

I took another look. I think you're right about the brows, but the hairstyle doesn't flatter her either...

• Like 5

New Host Bootcamp is harsh.

There's probably a lesson where they instruct them to look imperfect, so as to not intimidate "the Average Q Viewer".

images.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

There's probably a lesson where they instruct them to look imperfect, so as to not intimidate "the Average Q Viewer".

images.jpg

Carolyn must have gotten an A+ for that lesson!

• Like 4

Carolyn opened the D&C show talking about New Year’s resolutions, and said that she and two of her dogs are on a diet. My money’s on the dogs to go the distance.

FE462419-706B-4B7F-B965-A423CF520699.thumb.jpeg.767c555888949b838f7020d5770de5c2.jpeg

D5524FE4-4196-4A29-A5C0-2B32D1D8ACEE.thumb.jpeg.c5b179dbc21b4b3dae07d776d20fd41f.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

images.jpg

Carolyn got that memo !

• Like 3

Caro was going on about how great she looks in this top. “I look so curvy in this!” she squealed. I’m not sure “curvy” is the right word for it.

EC93E5CB-0D65-435F-8314-5735ABFA0565.thumb.jpeg.d78688fa73672f32db120b3710278eea.jpeg

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Caro was going on about how great she looks in this top. “I look so curvy in this!” she squealed. I’m not sure “curvy” is the right word for it.

EC93E5CB-0D65-435F-8314-5735ABFA0565.thumb.jpeg.d78688fa73672f32db120b3710278eea.jpeg

Curvy = Fat ?  🤭

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Since she's referenced '60s actresses multiple times:

Jayne Mansfield : Curvy

Mamie Van Doren: Curvy

Sheree North: Curvy

Caro: Not Curvy

corsetted.jpg

37230653864_2317bdd0f8_b.jpg

140508-sheree-north-01.jpg

I was reading an article on body fat and USA clothing sizes the other day.  (I REALLY don't want to look like Carolyn) The article specifically gave information about how "large" Marilyn Monroe was.   In today's world,  Marilyn Monroe would be a typical US size 4.  And she had some muscle.  She worked out.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

that was curvy now its code/PC for overweight 

Yes!  All the shopping channels do it.  Makes me crazy.   

• Like 5

I think in the non PC world, curvy is a womanly hour-glass figure. And not used to describe a woman whose stomach is bigger than her breasts. I used to be curvy, now I'm just fat. Or chubby if I'm feeling generous. 

How many times has Caro announced she is on a diet? Why set yourself up for that? Just lose weight without making a proclamation. She's such an attention-whore.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I think in the non PC world, curvy is a womanly hour-glass figure. And not used to describe a woman whose stomach is bigger than her breasts. I used to be curvy, now I'm just fat. Or chubby if I'm feeling generous. 

How many times has Caro announced she is on a diet? Why set yourself up for that? Just lose weight without making a proclamation. She's such an attention-whore.

It's New Year's Day.  Most of America is either starting a diet or denying they're starting a diet.

• Like 7

As I sit contemplating my usual, soon-to-fail New Year's diet, Leah appears - a mere shadow of her previous self.  Impressive weight loss - but her face!! In my (pleasantly plump - ha) opinion, she's aged overnight facially, looks gaunt & harsh, & old.  Well, I expect her actual health stats (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) have benefitted from her weight loss, so cheers to her & happy 2019 to all. 

• Like 12

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.