Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts

Joan did say she had fat from other parts of her body put in her hands.  Lots of older women have that procedure.  

I don’t care that Q wants their hosts relatable, dressing like a dumpster diver isn’t relatable to most.  And if that were true, why does nearly every other host dress as they see fit?   If Q wants relatable then Skunk wouldn’t have her bewbs falling out, Kirstain looking like she’s coming from the gym and Jane looking like she’s trying to singlehandedly revive the 1950’s housewife.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Is it just me, or does Blabby’s makeup look bizarre today, particularly her eyes? Two much brown contouring shadow and it’s too close to her brows. Speaking of her brows, they look weird, and it’s almost like she’s wearing opaque contact lenses. Her eyes just look so strange!

6D2E635B-EA91-40E7-B0ED-43AFBDC373DC.thumb.jpeg.fb4b390c815b570774c4c0857ff78c9f.jpeg

Jane needs to seriously rethink her “look” ...as she’s aging, she needs to be doing some things differently.  How about some cover-up on that liver-spotted chest, for starters.  Lighten the hair and cover the ears ( did you know ears continue to grow as we age, Blabby?).  Tone down that harsh, Whatever Happened To Blabby Jane eye makeup.  Start wearing nicely fitted pants, pencil skirts, column dresses.  

Jane is a decent host....but her look is becoming a distraction.  If she chooses, she can kick it up and look great.  

Im not going to hold my breath, though.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

These past few days  everything that is the joke about home shopping TV has been seen on QVC As far as the way the hosts looked and behave

examples we have been talking about today 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Cathy explained her lip scar. It's from a skiing accident...

Mally seems like a nice person but that shouting is out of control. She alsoacts like a flamboyant tranny. I really can't take it.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Somebody in the makeup department is going crazy with highlighter all of a sudden. Pat had a slightly more subtle version of Jen’s white streaks on her cheeks this morning -

A4BFBA10-5AAF-4DCF-B878-7FB8BD5614F0.thumb.jpeg.bfff73e4b4006a51e33a1fac54dae574.jpeg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh and Pat is too old for the Mrs Folger's braid in the hair. Too matronly. Even on Princess Grace.

 

 

Not a fan of old lady pastels for Blabby. 

 

Jen has just become too much for me - just seems so full of herself. Wonder why she is downsizing her home? I'm nosy lol. ?

Edited by seasons
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Booney said:

Somebody in the makeup department is going crazy with highlighter all of a sudden. Pat had a slightly more subtle version of Jen’s white streaks on her cheeks this morning -

A4BFBA10-5AAF-4DCF-B878-7FB8BD5614F0.thumb.jpeg.bfff73e4b4006a51e33a1fac54dae574.jpeg

I never have to use artificial means to achieve that dewy look.  I come by it naturally from hot flashes.

19 minutes ago, seasons said:

Wonder why she is downsizing her home? I'm nosy lol. ?

Speculating here, but maybe she sees into the future of aging and trying to take care of a large home, plus her kid is going to college, so I wouldn't think she would need much space for her and her things anymore.  

Hubs and I downsized when we saw that entertaining and cleaning things were becoming less of an interest for us.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Quite a messy Graver show last night when a caller quickly began her "I love you Susan" spiel and Graver couldn't hear. Susan starts yelling "I can't hear her, turn it up, turn her up!!) so they are loudly talking simultaneously. 

Meanwhile, Ant stands there grinning silently. I watched only because I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Amateur show, at best. Doesn't anyone do sound checks and monitor equipment before a show?

Like a school production run by the 6th grade Audio-Visual Club (apologies to the AV Club)..

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Mally seems like a nice person but that shouting is out of control. She alsoacts like a flamboyant tranny. I really can't take it.

I woke up for a glass of water last night and she was on... I have the volume off at night so all I could see was her hopping up and down, clapping like a 2 year old who just made a poopy on the potty for the first time and was so, so proud of herself.... "yay! I'm a big girl!"...

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I am feeling especially evil today. Sorta hoping Rastelli slips some gluten in Unnecessary Mary's burger. Just for shits (pun intended) and giggles.....I am a terrible, terrible person :(

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Mary is dressing more and more like Carolyn.    She needs to ditch the leggings.   

The Q must have a glut of highlighter.   The only reason I can come up with as to why they are all shimmering.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Wonder why she is downsizing her home? I'm nosy lol. ?

  • her kid is off to college, so that makes sense
  • why do we need to know---don't answer she wants to connect with customers
  • I think she is smart to get rid of a big house sooner than later 
2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Quite a messy Graver show last night when a caller quickly began her "I love you Susan" spiel and Graver couldn't hear. Susan starts yelling "I can't hear her, turn it up, turn her up!!) so they are loudly talking simultaneously. 

Meanwhile, Ant stands there grinning silently. I watched only because I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Amateur show, at best. Doesn't anyone do sound checks and monitor equipment before a show?

Like a school production run by the 6th grade Audio-Visual Club (apologies to the AV Club)..

so many things later chez QVC seem so amateur,  almost as though they got HSN, and they are done, 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh and Pat is too old for the Mrs Folger's braid in the hair. Too matronly. Even on Princess Grace.

 

 

Not a fan of old lady pastels for Blabby. 

 

Jen has just become too much for me - just seems so full of herself. Wonder why she is downsizing her home? I'm nosy lol. ?

Jens daughter graduating from high school and off to college.  so it makes sense to go smaller.  she talks often about this kind of thing

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I never have to use artificial means to achieve that dewy look.  I come by it naturally from hot flashes.

That's what she looks like!  Like she's sweating up a storm.  Not a flattering look.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, potatochips said:

CF7DB310-8AE9-4493-ACE1-EF2F6A752284.jpeg.8678eb88ea91a6eb4df7503ffe0cd5c6.jpegLooks like Wilma Flinstone landed a host job on the Q.

Could someone, pretty please-put a bone in her hair! Thanks!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe, just maybe, our Jen has got a real man in her life?  Maybe, just maybe, they are getting serious and no longer need 2 houses?  Maybe, just maybe, she and he may be co-habitating soon?

Granted, I am reaching here, but gotta admit, I am hoping her life of lurking at Home Depot, lightbulb in hand, may soon be over.

(I am not counting Hairless Cat in this equation, because really, does anyone?)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Maybe, just maybe, our Jen has got a real man in her life?  Maybe, just maybe, they are getting serious and no longer need 2 houses?  Maybe, just maybe, she and he may be co-habitating soon?

Granted, I am reaching here, but gotta admit, I am hoping her life of lurking at Home Depot, lightbulb in hand, may soon be over.

(I am not counting Hairless Cat in this equation, because really, does anyone?)

I hope she finds a great guy....and I definitely think she can do better than Hairless Cat!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Maybe, just maybe, our Jen has got a real man in her life?  Maybe, just maybe, they are getting serious and no longer need 2 houses?  Maybe, just maybe, she and he may be co-habitating soon?

Granted, I am reaching here, but gotta admit, I am hoping her life of lurking at Home Depot, lightbulb in hand, may soon be over.

(I am not counting Hairless Cat in this equation, because really, does anyone?)

I find it so bizarre that someone who looks like Jen would have a problem finding eligible men. It must be some vibe she's giving off because it certainly is not her looks. She's a pretty woman with a slim curvy figure and she appears well maintained. Maybe she just attracts more blue collar types. But then isn't that the kind you'd attract at Home Depot?

Then again i'm looking through a woman's eyes. Maybe she isn't that appealing to men for some reason that i can't see.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2018 at 9:11 PM, LeeDenny said:

She looks like her hair broke off on the ends. Torched by calista?

I would bitch slap someone if they cut my hair like that

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Why does it have to be Jen's problem?  Maybe she is looking for a relationship and all the guys she meets are looking for sex.   I have no idea.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Why does it have to be Jen's problem?  Maybe she is looking for a relationship and all the guys she meets are looking for sex.   I have no idea.

or maybe she is giving it a break............taking time to just be the best Jen she can be !

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Jen's daughter is away at college or will be. She lives alone most of the year. Who needs all that extra room and work unless you're Precious Princess and plan on starting a home shopping network from your sofa?

You forgot to add to PP comment...... And you allow all your employees to live with you in lieu of pay?

1 hour ago, Phronsie said:

I hope she finds a great guy....and I definitely think she can do better than Hairless Cat!

Honesty that is one hook up I cannot imagine.  I get the impression he prefers the opposite

The David's oap's voicè.... scratching the blaçkboard with fingernails.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Carolyn on this afternoon with Merrell OAP, Mike.  Poor kid, I'm sure he didn't realize this is what he signed up for when he started working for Merrell.   

5af350ea29a6b_conytolt.jpg.d8390d4f3e88c7fa1ef1db81a4ef45b5.jpgIn true Carolyn form, it was all about Carolyn.  She told Mike how much she just loves to garden. She told him that she wore her Sketchers to check out her garden this morning, but when she got back inside, her feet were absolutely soaking!!!! (using her cutesy, silly me voice-UGH!!)   She said she wished she'd had the Merrell Terrain Sandals to wear instead.  (That really made NO sense, because if she'd worn these her feet would have still been wet, as they're a sandal!)  I also thought to myself (and hopefully this doesn't mean they can read minds now) "why didn't you wear those Slogger clogs you're always raving about?".  She mumbled something along the lines of if she'd been thinking, she should have worn her Sloggers, but then quickly moved back to talking about the sandal.  (way to go Carolyn, throw two brands "you love" under the bus!)

She said these would be sooo cute to go along with her D&C swimsuit and cover-up that she had ordered a couple of days ago.  She said that she was going to order a pair of them in the black, if her size was available, when she got off the air.    She said it "wasn't fair that hosts were allowed to order items before/during shows" (Yep, there must have been a pretty strong edict issued regarding this).

After that, it sounded like she was doing a fashion show vs. a shoe hour.   She started quizzing all of the models on whose clothing they were wearing. (Fortunately, there were no plus size models for her to shame and she didn't ask anyone what size they were wearing).  She did manage to tie it all together saying "more proof that it doesn't matter what brand you're wearing, Merrell goes with everything".   


xaxaxaxqff.jpg.817b5caa71a99e7ecbe9743c455f6bec.jpg

She couldn't help herself and struck a couple of "model" poses throughout the show.  First time she said that "the Control Room wanted her to model the shoes she was wearing" (yeah, they hate her) so she obliged, despite the fact two seconds later a model walked out wearing the same shoe.  Then when all of the other models came out, she strolled into the shot, generously telling OAP Mike that "you can come along too".  After discussing what everyone else was wearing, she made sure to mention that she was wearing Martha Stewart on top and Kim Gravel's Flexibell crop pants, and of course, these could be found online in her "Carolyn's Closet" page.

Actually, (even though I think she still looks a bit too casual to be hosting a show) I thought she looked better wearing a longer blouse and non-pedal pusher style pant than she usually does.  I still think she looked pretty "sloppy" --but that seems to be the path the Q is now promoting.  

zczczcqq.jpg

Edited by zoemom
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Actually, (even though I think she still looks a bit too casual to be hosting a show) I thought she looked better wearing a longer blouse and non-pedal pusher style pant than she usually does. 

I rather like the white blouse, but it would have been nicer with a dressier pant.  However, I guess the idea was to show off the shoes - although the models could do that.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

probably all the guys in Jen's age group are looking at the 5-10 years younger group 

Yes, very likely!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Those are some blinding white teeth, too.

Those teeth are in Ross Geller territory.

 

The-One-with-Ross-Teeth-567x376.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Happy Suzi Duzi said:

of all the dad hair on Q, I bèlieve she wins first place

20180509_161546.jpg

I found the video with this OAP. Definitely a contender in the Hairdo category of the next fashion fail poll!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I think this is a good look for Carolyn.  I'd rate it as one of her better looks.

I do, too.  It would be better if you couldn't see the waistband of her pants through the shirt, though.  (Just ONE of my pet peeves!  ?)

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I do, too.  It would be better if you couldn't see the waistband of her pants through the shirt, though.  (Just ONE of my pet peeves!  ?)

Hey, the shirt fits, baby steps.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I think this is a good look for Carolyn.  I'd rate it as one of her better looks.

YES!!!!!  Carolyn looks good in that shirt!  It’s clean, pressed, and it FITS!   

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is the first time I’ve seen Leah in a cold shoulder top. Perhaps I’m losing my mind, but I don’t think it looks that bad on her. ?

320CF866-F1C0-4436-B2E7-2E19FFDDB755.thumb.jpeg.969adcd08a0a68d2275db98b167c1385.jpeg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Booney said:

I think this is the first time I’ve seen Leah in a cold shoulder top. Perhaps I’m losing my mind, but I don’t think it looks that bad on her. ?

320CF866-F1C0-4436-B2E7-2E19FFDDB755.thumb.jpeg.969adcd08a0a68d2275db98b167c1385.jpeg

I love her nail polish too !??

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Why does it have to be Jen's problem?  Maybe she is looking for a relationship and all the guys she meets are looking for sex.   I have no idea.

I think this is a problem that a majority of young women face. It's a nightmare out there.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

David, selling a fruit and vegetable peeler with “Chef” Tony, said you can use it create “a nice salad” (which he pronounces “solid,” as @CarpeDiem54 has pointed out). Please! He continually references nice salads, when we know that greens haven’t crossed his lips in years. He picked up the shredded carrots like they were radioactive.

279618B7-1A2F-4E8F-90CA-E4E9982697CC.thumb.jpeg.8e3c1f3ff76a9a3c601235d02aa86f1e.jpeg

I think this probably sums up how David really feels about salads -

 0ADC2DEC-73BA-499D-8424-30CD4710CDF8.jpeg.f75605c395ffb17875406dc25f233a11.jpeg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Booney said:

I think this is the first time I’ve seen Leah in a cold shoulder top. Perhaps I’m losing my mind, but I don’t think it looks that bad on her.

Yes, it does!   LOL   

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Here is David enjoying a large, cream filled Lecoq... he said it was colossal earlier. I think many of the viewers would enjoy a colossal Lecoq too.  LOL

5af3b40151ca9_ScreenShot2018-05-09at10_48_28PM.thumb.png.e6c4d5da50581e024238ca7948c29eaf.png

 

and here's David teasing with his large creamy Lecoq.

5af3b43c71bd3_ScreenShot2018-05-09at10_48_38PM.thumb.png.d9c899e25006ea96a5a07742f8dbeff4.png

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Just catching up. Blabby needs to tone done all the starkness going on above the neck. Hair and makeup are too dark and severe. She also needs some IPL or one of the miracle brightening serums to get rid of that sun damage on her hands and face. (I don't think anything but IPL would really work)

Pat needs less makeup than she had in that pic too. Less is more as we age.

Leah and Caro both looked good. Longer and skimming the body is a much better look with a bigger torso.

I don't really need to know about any hosts personal life, moving, dating, children's lives. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Earlier Diva said he'd eat those burgers with a side of "solid" greens and I screamed, "Yeah, after you poured a mixture of mac-n-cheese and chili all over them!"

 Two iceberg lettuce leaves and half a tomato drowning in salad dressing ain't gonna unplug that colon.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Booney said:

I think this is the first time I’ve seen Leah in a cold shoulder top. Perhaps I’m losing my mind, but I don’t think it looks that bad on her. ?

320CF866-F1C0-4436-B2E7-2E19FFDDB755.thumb.jpeg.969adcd08a0a68d2275db98b167c1385.jpeg

I’m not a big fan of cold shoulders either....but I agree, Leah looks nice in this pic.  Th color is great on her, too.  Hate the checked patch on her jeans lol!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Just catching up. Blabby needs to tone done all the starkness going on above the neck. Hair and makeup are too dark and severe. She also needs some IPL or one of the miracle brightening serums to get rid of that sun damage on her hands and face. (I don't think anything but IPL would really work)

Pat needs less makeup than she had in that pic too. Less is more as we age.

Leah and Caro both looked good. Longer and skimming the body is a much better look with a bigger torso.

I don't really need to know about any hosts personal life, moving, dating, children's lives. 

What is IPL?   I probably need it too!  ?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What is IPL?   I probably need it too!  ?

"Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a technology used by cosmetic and medical practitioners to perform different skin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic purposes like hair removal, photorejuvenation (e.g. the treatment of skin pigmentation, sun damage, and thread veins), and to alleviate dermatologic diseases."

I think it's costly, but I'm sure Jane can swing the cost.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size