Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Oh, dear... She said she wore this one home the last time she did a Hairdo show, and her husband loved it. It reminded him of how her hair was when they first met.  30+ years ago, sure. Now? Not so much.

2CEB8BAA-84C9-4863-AB02-472A33505A4F.thumb.jpeg.2e127f977e0fd24a21c75ea2682bfc81.jpeg

• Like 24

Looks like Courtney Cason has been using some of Skunky's tanning potions.  She was just on with MBR and I almost didn't recognize her.  She made Skunky look pale.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Booney said:

She looks cute in this one IMO.

3E2C0E17-99B4-4FF9-9355-BE4982F4DBA3.thumb.jpeg.772ad5fe17cfd4aaaeb1b64e1c09e958.jpeg

I like this one too. More modern. Her regular hairstyle seems so tired.

6 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Looks like Courtney Cason has been using some of Skunky's tanning potions.  She was just on with MBR and I almost didn't recognize her.  She made Skunky look pale.

On regular q? Ugh, is she coming back?

• Like 11

Maybe a little too short, but still cute. I think she looks better in the shorter wigs than the long ones.

2A4641F7-C5DC-4825-824F-B56DFCF668FA.thumb.jpeg.7a8bfebb4fc51dd1d39a8bfaea8d2da9.jpeg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, shopping queen said:

Who buys this over priced ugly cheap looking shit?  I can take the $70 plus shipping, go out bargain hunting and 3 or 4 things (even @ Dillard's clearance racks) and it's not  cheap polyester. 

I know!  Way overpriced crap.  Btw, Motor Mouth needs to cover her cankles. When my ankles are swollen, i do humankind a favor and don't display them.  

• Like 14

Q2 Quacker factory now. Angel wearing pants that are not flattering. Look like elephant pants. And not because she's plus size. 

Also, they've got to stop with the matchy matchy sets. Going to go out on a limb here and say that probably no one over the age of 9 or 10 should be wearing a pink striped sequin flamingo top with pink pants also with flamingo sequin embellishment. 

Edited by seasons
  • Like 23

4 minutes ago, seasons said:

Also, they've got to stop with the matchy matchy sets. Going to go out on a limb here and say that probably no one over the age of 9 or 10 should be wearing a pink striped sequin flamingo top with pink pants also with flamingo sequin embellishment. 

Also known as "Garanimals for Grannies".   Where's Carolyn when you need her?  Would love to watch her try to host with Angel.  It would be ugly.

Speaking of ugly, what's with the Wilma Flintstone looking bracelets and necklaces from Steven Dweck? Odd name, everytime I see it I think of "dweeb" (yeah, I'm still in junior high at times).  No I don't want to wear a $500 "bug/scarab" on my finger, especially when he's telling us how the ring is "touching and caressing you."  Oh he sells at Nieman, BFD, save that for Skunky.  No thanks, I'm already burned out of Blabby's breathless gushing and that damn ring looks totes ridic on her short stubby finger.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Welcome, @Suz!

Uh, no Carolyn.  That's not your "new" Denim & Co. size.  That's your "long-time coming" Denim & Co. size.

Love, it, yes, of course! On the bright side, she now gets to add to her stock-pile of ALL of the clothing, sold on the Q that she has purchased and owns, in her "new" size.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Booney said:

I’ve noticed this promo for Shoe Shopping with Jane before, but never managed to get a screenshot. What can I say about this outfit that we haven’t said before? 

A8D56D5E-CC35-485A-A3C6-664C578DBA2E.thumb.jpeg.6d72ae8d2be3d3ba07c7049b4ce4adce.jpeg

AD7E60C1-05AA-42BD-AEE1-A24DF3C3E450.thumb.jpeg.78ad1afdd5a259fbba36943858044ae1.jpeg

This second picture is just screaming for a caption or something.

• Like 16

Just now, Booney said:

I’ve noticed this promo for Shoe Shopping with Jane before, but never managed to get a screenshot. What can I say about this outfit that we haven’t said before? 

A8D56D5E-CC35-485A-A3C6-664C578DBA2E.thumb.jpeg.6d72ae8d2be3d3ba07c7049b4ce4adce.jpeg

AD7E60C1-05AA-42BD-AEE1-A24DF3C3E450.thumb.jpeg.78ad1afdd5a259fbba36943858044ae1.jpeg

WRONG.......................Just flat out WRONG!

All that's missing is one of those little black rectangles across her eyes (like the Glamour Do's and Don't section).  Once again another victim of the Q's magic mirror!

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Also known as "Garanimals for Grannies".   Where's Carolyn when you need her?  Would love to watch her try to host with Angel.  It would be ugly.

Speaking of ugly, what's with the Wilma Flintstone looking bracelets and necklaces from Steven Dweck? Odd name, everytime I see it I think of "dweeb" (yeah, I'm still in junior high at times).  No I don't want to wear a $500 "bug/scarab" on my finger, especially when he's telling us how the ring is "touching and caressing you."  Oh he sells at Nieman, BFD, save that for Skunky.  No thanks, I'm already burned out of Blabby's breathless gushing and that damn ring looks totes ridic on her short stubby finger.

Good grief - that is so funny!  

Blabby, slow your roll there.  Sheesh.

Um, that jewelry model ...

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Steven Dweck is back???    Ewwwwww.  We used to call him Steven Dreck.  If I'm remembering correctly, he was overly familiar and used to invade the host's personal space in an uncomfortable way.   (At least when the host was a woman.)

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Good grief - that is so funny!  

Blabby, slow your roll there.  Sheesh.

Um, that jewelry model ...

Blabby just asked Dreck (love that name BTW) if "he wanted to play with our model Melissa?"  Oh Blabby that's just so wrong on so many levels.  Ever heard the term Me Too?

She's also slipping into pandering mode.  She says that she "loves it when she hears from women, who tell her that they live alone and don't go anywhere, but they still put on their jewelry at home for themselves"...  A new demographic they've found to pander.  Blabby have you no shame????

Edited by zoemom
  • Like 23

"Dreck" was my first thought, too.  A lazy Snarkers dream, an OAP that comes supplied with his very own snark nickname!

As for Jane and her shoes, it is hilarious that the 2nd picture shows the shoes pointing directly at her bulky hips.  As if we wouldn't look there anyway, having the shoes pointing to it has to be someone's idea of an inside joke.  Maybe that Gary guy she is trying to lasso for one of her girls.

• Like 17

I’m sorry, but this Dweck jewelry is fugly. The mother of pearl ring they’re showing now looks like a slab of lard plopped onto a silvertone base. This stuff brings new meaning to the concept of “chunky jewelry.” 

Edited by Booney
  • Like 20

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Steven Dweck is back???    Ewwwwww.  We used to call him Steven Dreck.  If I'm remembering correctly, he was overly familiar and used to invade the host's personal space in an uncomfortable way.   (At least when the host was a woman.)

I think Blabby is happy that he's invading her personal space......did we know that his designs are in the Smithsonian and he has designed for Beyonce and other famous celebrities.  I'm so tired of this obsession with celebrities.

His bracelets look like those I wore "back in the day" where different stones were supposed to have different "healing properties".  Nothing special here.....he can keep his "jool-er-ree"

Edited by zoemom
  • Like 17

24 minutes ago, zoemom said:

All that's missing is one of those little black rectangles across her eyes (like the Glamour Do's and Don't section).

But I'd recognize those "athletic" hips anywhere.  And those ears.

I almost feel sorry for Blabby.  She obviously thinks she looks hip/stylish in the more modern clothes, when in reality they emphasize her worst features; and she loves those 1950s throw-back dresses, which only make her look dowdy.  Granted, she has a challenging body type, but it can be done.....just not by those  color-blind myopic stylists at the Q.

• Like 19

32 minutes ago, seasons said:

This second picture is just screaming for a caption or something.

Are those shoes supposed to be moons orbiting her planetary hips?

15 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Blabby just asked Dreck (love that name BTW) if "he wanted to play with our model Melissa?"  Oh Blabby that's just so wrong.

She's also slipping into pandering mode.  She says that she "loves it when she hears from women, who tell her that they live alone and don't go anywhere, but they still put on their jewelry at home for themselves"...  A new demographic they've found to pander.  Blabby have you no shame????

giphy.gif

• Like 18

Model "Melissa" expressions are priceless!  You can tell she can't wait for it to be over.

High five to "Chunky" in the Control Room - Blabby said that he also said "there's your Wilma Flintstone necklace" when Blabby put on that baroque pearl necklace.

The more I hear from them, the more I love all of those behind the scenes and floor crew at the Q.  They're not afraid to call it as they see it.  

I think they should be considered auxiliary members of the Sparkly Snarkers.  The stories they could tell~!

• Like 21

A rather unusual outfit on the OAP on Q2. Stacy is presenting the Big Deal, which is a flower arrangement. The OAP, someone named Julie Bates (never heard of her), is wearing a white dress that has a short poufy skirt with little pearls all over it. The pink jacket has huuuuge bell sleeves. She appears to be channeling bridal party attire, circa 1965.

B8711734-6718-44B4-A81D-82B93C09B486.thumb.jpeg.971c8c1049971ea5f4c181281e0c3cc6.jpeg

• Like 22

Looks like Melissa has made her escape (probably headed to HR).  Katia's turn to take one for the team.  Grater probably isn't looking so bad to her right about now.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Excellent!

The scary thing was that I remembered the entire melody of that song!

??????

Welcome, Auntmimi75! Have a cookie! ? ?

That song put to those words..omg classic!.

I showed my husband this page with Diva and the song read it to him..showed that pic, since he sees me watching these shows and has to as well in our kitchen (poor man) he was laughing and still can't get over the man's height when a shorter person is near him..he also states to me "he's so big and tall how does he do it with his boyfriend?" .. he went on and said there has to be a site like this (here)...because QVC has some crazy looking people on there - hubster is my kinda guy..he's starting to notice details on the Q being subjected to it.

Edited by Auntmimi777
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, Booney said:

A rather unusual outfit on the OAP on Q2. Stacy is presenting the Big Deal, which is a flower arrangement. The OAP, someone named Julie Bates (never heard of her), is wearing a white dress that has a short poufy skirt with little pearls all over it. The pink jacket has huuuuge bell sleeves. She appears to be channeling bridal party attire, circa 1965.

B8711734-6718-44B4-A81D-82B93C09B486.thumb.jpeg.971c8c1049971ea5f4c181281e0c3cc6.jpeg

Remember the "Mighty Kreskin"?  I'm dating myself, I know, but the OAP looks like she's trying to levitate the whole table   Stacy has a "prove it to me" look on her face.

I never have understood the allure of silk/fake flowers.  I caught a few minutes of her on Q2 earlier with Alberti.  They were both marveling over the "beauty" and realistic appearance of an orchid she was shilling.  Alberti was amazed it was so "lifelike" and that, like the real ones, actually was supported by its own bamboo stake!  All for the low price of $42 (don't forget that $5.50 S&H).

• Like 13

Just now, zoemom said:

Remember the "Mighty Kreskin"?  I'm dating myself, I know, but the OAP looks like she's trying to levitate the whole table   

That OAP could rival Jen in an animation contest - she was “emoting” all over the place.

• Like 10

Just now, seasons said:

@Auntmimi777  - I absolutely love your avatar!! ?

@seasons...I do too...had to use it. My Irish cuzz sent it to me in a St. Patrick's Day email, I saved the image and for me it's so true..must be for him as well!

I said I pray I get better with these grudges ;)!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Booney said:

LMAO. Blabby's outfit is such a MAJOR fail. Her hips look HUGE. How in the hell could she thinks she looks good????

• Like 12

4 hours ago, DeeMoonlight said:

That wig looks as if it has a green tint.

RE: MaryBeth. Good heavens..looks like she's needs a good dose of Prozac here..her eyes lined way too dark as always and not good so heavier with liner on the bottom...a sad look and te wig so fake looking.  Was she wearing this earlier? I did notice earlier her hair looked longer, more blonde and highlighted but not bad. This is horrid.

I'm not crazy about her as a host...not due to anything more but the way she presents.

4 hours ago, sol y luna said:

LMAO. Blabby's outfit is such a MAJOR fail. Her hips look HUGE. How in the hell could she thinks she looks good????

RE: Jane in those pix ..yes lmao. wth? why? and who makes these decisions? have they no clue to the basics?! Agree this is just awful. But she's confident she looks fab...as does the photog who took them or the assistant who dressed her. Unreal

Edited by Auntmimi777
  • Like 12

The faux flower OAP looks as though she should be in an Alice in Wonderland movie in that outfit.  She could fit right in at the Mad Hatter's tea party or the Red Queens court.

That said, the centerpiece they are selling is rather attractive.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

It's just too long for MBR. I don't think she needs to go short, but this just drags her down.

this is dreadful picture of her. she has looked so much better usually, this is so unfortunate. I wish she would get some advise on applying better eye makeup ; i think she could look so much prettier and less harsh. i have always liked MaryBeth and she is certainly a team player!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Booney said:

i like the shoes. 'bout it. i am not a fan of those short jackets over something long beneath it.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Auntmimi777 said:

RE: MaryBeth. Good heavens..looks like she's needs a good dose of Prozac here..her eyes lined way too dark as always and not good so heavier with liner on the bottom...a sad look and te wig so fake looking.  Was she wearing this earlier? I did notice earlier her hair looked longer, more blonde and highlighted but not bad. This is horrid.

I'm not crazy about her as a host...not due to anything more but the way she presents.

lmao wth? why? who makes these decisions? have they no clue to the basics?! Agree this is just awful. But she's confident she looks fab...as does the photog. Unreal

Blabby and CaCa must do their affirmations in front of the mirror before they take the stage. Remember Stuart Smalley on SNL. " Doggone it I'm good enough "

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh, dear... She said she wore this one home the last time she did a Hairdo show, and her husband loved it. It reminded him of how her hair was when they first met.  30+ years ago, sure. Now? Not so much.

2CEB8BAA-84C9-4863-AB02-472A33505A4F.thumb.jpeg.2e127f977e0fd24a21c75ea2682bfc81.jpeg

It's called DELUSIONAL thinking on her husbands part or cataracts

1 hour ago, zoemom said:

WRONG.......................Just flat out WRONG!

All that's missing is one of those little black rectangles across her eyes (like the Glamour Do's and Don't section).  Once again another victim of the Q's magic mirror!

Very good comparison with the Glamour mag. This is so very wrong...who ever let this be seen should lose their job.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

MBR looks exhausted.  She may be helping to care for the new twins.

Then she gets to hire a nanny or get another relative to help because she looks dreadful or use one of those super duper wrinkle/bag eraser potions they sell.  The blatantly obvious wigs didn' help either.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zoemom said:

Model "Melissa" expressions are priceless!  You can tell she can't wait for it to be over.

High five to "Chunky" in the Control Room - Blabby said that he also said "there's your Wilma Flintstone necklace" when Blabby put on that baroque pearl necklace.

The more I hear from them, the more I love all of those behind the scenes and floor crew at the Q.  They're not afraid to call it as they see it.  

I think they should be considered auxiliary members of the Sparkly Snarkers.  The stories they could tell~!

The Sparkly Snarkers Secret Auxiliary? ?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

MBR looks exhausted.  She may be helping to care for the new twins.

I thought the same! She doesn't look as if she's had much sleep. Still it must be wonderful being a new grandma.

Which model is Melisaa?

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 8

"Core-al", not "car-al", Jane!

fp.gif

Janey's going to be going on a WDV. Shoe show willl be back in 2 weeks.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 17

I thought those fake flowers were awful. Ive taken a few classes in flower arranging, and have done quite a few arrangements for friends and family, and what they put in those vases was pathetic, not to mention the ridiculous price.  A 5 year old could take three stems, shove it into a vase and it would look the same.  Very cheap and far too few floral stems.  

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Booney said:

Gravuh’s prices are kooky-crazy. With the $3 shipping, this tank and short-sleeved cardigan set is almost $70. You’ve got to be kidding me.

C3C25C20-5379-4D13-BC92-5C1CDBDD42D5.thumb.jpeg.7eb4c7998de46198e5be476ae0eedb3f.jpeg

It's polyester! And hideous.

• Like 19

37 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I thought those fake flowers were awful. Ive taken a few classes in flower arranging, and have done quite a few arrangements for friends and family, and what they put in those vases was pathetic, not to mention the ridiculous price.  A 5 year old could take three stems, shove it into a vase and it would look the same.  Very cheap and far too few floral stems.  

@KLovestoShop I felt the same. Old fashioned looking cabbage rose in it's style. and fake looking Where I live there are places that sell these for lots of $ but I'd pay more for something really nice... and have and had them for ages. They look real. These look junky.

The only one I'd consider is the single stem Orchid in  a pale pink...but if you look in stores they are everywhere!

18 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

It's polyester! And hideous.

@LeeDenny...it's like a Goodwill find. And the price? ha!

Edited by Auntmimi777
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, sol y luna said:

Not to mention the color scheme is appalling.

• Like 14

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.