Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 hours ago, Elle820 said:

I swear they touch these things so they can take them. Some of them are always putting their paws in the product. 

I don't think fondling them automatically means they get them though. Walking out with unaccounted for items would be considered theft. I got the impression that the hosts are actually checked before leaving the building. Sandra referred to such items as contraband as if it's a prison lol.

But I suppose if they handle it the OAP might tell them to take it.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 7

KerStank, if you're spitting blood for two days after getting your teeth cleaned, you've either got gum disease or your dental hygienist is a beast.

Is she in a contest with Shitstreaks for most crappy hairdo?

• Like 17

7 hours ago, Booney said:

I’ve got to give credit where credit is due - I think Carolyn looked good in this dress. Way, way better than those awful capris she loves, and the short jacket/long top combo. The dress goes a long way toward disguising her problem areas. She should wear something like this more often. The wedge sandal is a nice change too, although I don’t like the metallic color with this dress. 

54D33E91-964B-4EEF-B97C-9CA82300AB51.thumb.jpeg.a24e38565dd5b8ba734129e853cc95b8.jpeg

Please don't throw tomatoes at me but when I saw CaCa in this dress, this is who came to mind.

Who wore it better? CaCa, Mrs. D or Kim K?

5abaeab4eddb7_2018-03-2721_06_03.png.f5838a4d4067463cadd07bbc0c555d85.png

• Like 20

30 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Please don't throw tomatoes at me but when I saw CaCa in this dress, this is who came to mind.

I concur! Do you know any one over the age of seven who would pose like she is? She is insufferable and ridiculous.

• Like 10

I liked Carolyn's look today and hope she repeats it, or something similar, soon.  If I thought compliments would get her to dress in the right sizes and flattering styles, I would be blowing up her inbox on every social media platform she frequents.

I like that she likes herself and isn't remotely self-conscious about her size.  If she would only embrace properly fitting clothes, she could be a real example to larger size girls and women who struggle with self-esteem.  Stuffing herself into inappropriate smaller sizes sends a shame message.  She should choose to take the high road.

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

I concur! Do you know any one over the age of seven who would pose like she is? She is insufferable and ridiculous.

In fact, I do. The wife of a classmate is posed like that in every photo posted on social media. Two elbows out alone, one if other arm is around someone else. Even when she is seated she does the elbows out and the teeth baring grin. Oh and head cocked to her left too. She's 65. 

She's not a fashion disaster like CaCa though.

Edited by kittygirl
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I’m giving it to Carolyn. Yes, she’s doing the “Carolyn Pose,” but in my mind, that doesn’t take away from the fact that this is the best she’s looked in a very long while. The dress fits her the way it should, and I think it looks very flattering on her. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

KerStank, if you're spitting blood for two days after getting your teeth cleaned, you've either got gum disease or your dental hygienist is a beast.

Is she in a contest with Shitstreaks for most crappy hairdo?

Eeeeew. Maybe she never flosses. Hygienists know when people don't floss regularly and one sure way to tell is bleeding gums. It takes a week or so before gums become accustomed to flossing and stop bleeding each time. So if the gums bleed it generally means you're not a flosser. Bleeding for two days probably means her mouth was filthy and the hygienist went nuts cleaning.

Speaking of flossing, I just recently got a floss holder. It occurred to me that i was never flossing my upper back teeth *blush*. As if they just didn't exist LMAO. I finally did it and it's so awkward and difficult to do ( on the right side) that I bought a floss holder just for that purpose and it is much easier. I have very tightly spaced teeth so I stick to ribbon floss.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Mary D looks really pretty tonight both hair and outfit.

5abb1bd1d47fe_ScreenShot2018-03-28at12_34_38AM.thumb.png.663b58683e9ac89bc1cb7ba1dbb1950f.png

5abb1bdd5b003_ScreenShot2018-03-28at12_34_55AM.png.f29a9de7f39d5b1c9760121766aef442.png

she does look better

but what's up with the shoe selection over there

not liking that shoe with that dress, but like her in a dress better than the skin tight leggins she has favored us with 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

she does look better

but what's up with the shoe selection over there

not liking that shoe with that dress, but like her in a dress better than the skin tight leggins she has favored us with 

I think she looks really nice, so I will give her a pass on the shoes (could have been worse).  I would have the dress just a smidge longer.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I liked Carolyn's look today and hope she repeats it, or something similar, soon.  If I thought compliments would get her to dress in the right sizes and flattering styles, I would be blowing up her inbox on every social media platform she frequents.

I like that she likes herself and isn't remotely self-conscious about her size.  If she would only embrace properly fitting clothes, she could be a real example to larger size girls and women who struggle with self-esteem.  Stuffing herself into inappropriate smaller sizes sends a shame message.  She should choose to take the high road.

She should have a heart-to-heart talk with Leah, who is comfortable in her own skin.

• Like 16

My 4¢ about CaCa. I think she is extremely conscious of her size and not at peace with it at all. If she was comfortable and accepted her size she would wear clothes that fit and stop squeezing into the size she used to be. It's clear she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. 

Many of us on here are larger than we were years ago and have sized up for comfort and looks. I still wish I wore a 6 but wear a 12. So yeah, I buy what fits. 

• Like 20

If I could post pictures I would, but if you want to see some QVC people looking good go to Jane Brown's blog. There are pictures of ladies at a function and everyone looks great. It is worth a look just to see Angel in a red dress, and she looks lovely.

• Like 12

QVC should have just given every host the day off and let the Scott Bros. run the show today.  Everytime I've tried to click over, I've heard their annoying maws yapping away nonstop.  Ugh

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Fishy said:

QVC should have just given every host the day off and let the Scott Bros. run the show today.  Everytime I've tried to click over, I've heard their annoying maws yapping away nonstop.  Ugh

i am so with you on this Fishy !   i am not a fan of the brothers anyhow but geeezzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, Fishy said:

??

ladies.jpg

This is a fantastic picture of ladies of different sizes who are dressed to flatter their figures. Not a one of them need to size up. Angel looks the best I've seen her and she's about the same size as CaCa. These women are confident and beautiful.

• Like 23

39 minutes ago, Fishy said:

??

ladies.jpg

Thanks @Fishy and @Lady J for calling this to our attention. It is a lovely photo of four elegant ladies. 

Edited by Miss Di · Reason: .
  • Like 17

59 minutes ago, Fishy said:

They are annoying, but it is pretty funny to watch them shut down some of the more controlling hosts. Harry Slatkin does the same thing. He never shuts up. Jill hosted his show earlier this afternoon, and she could barely get a word in edgewise. You could tell she was getting annoyed. I like it when the control freak hosts get a dose of their own medicine!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

It is worth a look just to see Angel in a red dress, and she looks lovely.

she does

wonder if she really runs around in QF in her real life 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she does

Probably about as likely as Susan Graver running around in her “collection” in real life.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 21

16 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she does

I'm thinking no.

• Like 13

Rick, hosting Affinity, makes in my view an innocent, jokey comment about "snooty salespeople" behind jewelry counters when all of a sudden the normally laid back new rep Jose Peron explodes:  "HEY, THOSE ARE MY PEEPS!  I CAN SMELL THE BUS FUMES!"

Rick says nothing -- it's obvious he was flabbergasted and not a little embarrassed.

So was I.

I just don't know why they got rid of gentlemanly Peyton Kelly only to bring on this fool.

• Like 15

Oh no.  I just heard an Evine fashion expert use the dreaded "over top of" phrase.  It has invaded Minnesota!!!!!   I thought it was an east coast thing.  Sigh.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh no.  I just heard an Evine fashion expert use the dreaded "over top of" phrase.  It has invaded Minnesota!!!!!   I thought it was an east coast thing.  Sigh.

And the partially-tucked shirt!  IMO, only Wayne Gretzky can get away with that.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Et tu Louis?  A302603

a302603.jpg

Gosh, not a fan of the cold shoulder, but this is kind of cute! Leave it to Louis to class it up.

• Like 7

I dont want to sound like a broken record but, Rachel is on now  and looks very nice.   one of the few that almost always is dressed appropriately.    good job Rachel.

• Like 21

1 minute ago, seasons said:

Gosh, not a fan of the cold shoulder, but this is kind of cute! Leave it to Louis to class it up.

I really like the print, and would buy a top made with it, only never a cold shoulder top. ?

??????

3 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

I dont want to sound like a broken record but, Rachel is on now  and looks very nice.   one of the few that almost always is dressed appropriately.    good job Rachel.

I think that she always looks nice, and know how to wear the Q clothing to its best effect. There are quite a few other hosts who could learn from her.

• Like 17

Diva chowing down on a mac ‘n’ cheese and ribs casserole that looks like it’s got 1,000 calories in one forkful.

9444EFAF-314A-4154-9DF8-06C88D475E13.thumb.jpeg.a0b18f346daef11d53297ccf21f8e119.jpeg

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Kamerakrazy said:

Rachel has a good figure and she's a nice, neat looking woman but to listen to her is another matter.

It's easy for Rachel to look good. She has a balanced body with broad shoulders, just enough hips and she's tall and slender. When you take women shaped like Jill and Carolyn its going to be a lotttt harder to make them look neat.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

After seeing Angel looking really lovely in that red dress, I can finally understand how she got work as a model.

Red is really her color, isn't it?

I think Angel is extremely pretty even in the awful Quacker clothing. Her face is like a doll and imo she doesn't look her age.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Booney said:

Diva chowing down on a mac ‘n’ cheese and ribs casserole that looks like it’s got 1,000 calories in one forkful.

9444EFAF-314A-4154-9DF8-06C88D475E13.thumb.jpeg.a0b18f346daef11d53297ccf21f8e119.jpeg

His back is crying under the weight

16 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Rachel has a good figure and she's a nice, neat looking woman but to listen to her is another matter.

It's easy for Rachel to look good. She has a balanced body with broad shoulders, just enough hips and she's tall and slender. When you take women shaped like Jill and Carolyn its going to be a lotttt harder to make them look neat.

I agree she is one of, if not the only host who can make DC clothes look good but once the mouth opens 

• Like 17

"Included in this pack up..."  STFU Diva and just stick to the color story.   Geez, I hate the stupid buzzwords they come up with.

• Like 18

On 3/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, Booney said:

I’ve got to give credit where credit is due - I think Carolyn looked good in this dress. Way, way better than those awful capris she loves, and the short jacket/long top combo. The dress goes a long way toward disguising her problem areas. She should wear something like this more often. The wedge sandal is a nice change too, although I don’t like the metallic color with this dress. 

54D33E91-964B-4EEF-B97C-9CA82300AB51.thumb.jpeg.a24e38565dd5b8ba734129e853cc95b8.jpeg

On 3/27/2018 at 4:40 PM, DownTheShore said:

OMG! She does look nice! I don't even mind the metallic shoes. That print does a beautiful camouflage job and complements her coloring. She should take this picture and tack it up on her dressing room wall!

This is my first attempt at posting here. I'm a long time lurker and I freaking love you funny, funny people. I was wondering if anyone besides me noticed that Carolyn mentioned her "new Denim & Company size...Extra large?"  It seemed a momentous and significant announcement to me. Perhaps this would explain why the dress is so flattering?

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, Suz said:

This is my first attempt at posting here. I'm a long time lurker and I freaking love you funny, funny people. I was wondering if anyone besides me noticed that Carolyn mentioned her "new Denim & Company size...Extra large?"  It seemed a momentous and significant announcement to me. Perhaps this would explain why the dress is so flattering?

Welcome, @Suz! Glad you decided to come out of lurking mode! We’ve had a lot of new posters joining us. Welcome to  everyone - the more, the merrier!

I have heard Carolyn fess up to wearing an Extra Large. Of course, then she has to quickly tell us that Pam is in the 1X...

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, Suz said:

I did notice that little tidbit 

• Like 14

ladies.jpg.518a210b476c5e8a7218b7224f81fI’m late tonight...but had to agree with all those who liked this pic.  The ladies all look great, and Angel’s dress couldn’t be more flattering.  

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

Welcome, @Suz! Glad you decided to come out of lurking mode! We’ve had a lot of new posters joining us. Welcome to  everyone - the more, the merrier!

I have heard Carolyn fess up to wearing an Extra Large. Of course, then she has to quickly tell us that Pam is in the 1X...

Thanks for the welcome! I love to check in here when I need a good chuckle. Love the snark, love the creativity. Thank you all for being here.

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, Suz said:

Welcome Suz!  And a very astute observation you have made!

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Suz said:

Thanks for the welcome! I love to check in here when I need a good chuckle. Love the snark, love the creativity. Thank you all for being here.

Hi Suz! I’m new too. I lurked for years and finally introduced myself two days ago. I’m still learning but a nice welcome always helps!

Edited by Miss Di
  • Like 21

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.