Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

29 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I could not agree more.

I think it's reasonably attractive ( not to die for but better than just ok) but the prices are insane. In my head anyway. Why would I spend $112 for a "house coat". Remember those? haha.

My hubs still calls his robe his "housecoat".  "Icebox" escapes more than it should as well, lol.  No, he's not 100 yrs. old, just a firmly entrenched creature of long-ago established habits.  

I've officially been "in charge" of him longer than any other woman in his life, but no one will override the habits/customs/word salad he established in his mother's house.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 14

32 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Stan Herman came on the show with Leah Tuesday night to present his plush robe. It was a very enjoyable presentation. Stan and Leah have known each other a long time, and clearly like each other. Leah loves his robes. Why can't all the host and OAP presentations be that good?

misc pics QVC Leah Williams Stan Herman 1 robe 11-23-21.jpg

Stan Herman is one of the great pioneers of quality loungewear and pjs. He always seems humble when he's on air and all the hosts seem to sincerely like him. I believe he's into astrology too which I like. 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Stan Herman is one of the great pioneers of quality loungewear and pjs. He always seems humble when he's on air and all the hosts seem to sincerely like him. I believe he's into astrology too which I like. 

Stan Herman, Bob Mackey and Lee Sands.  Stan and his beautiful chenille robes.  They always reminded me of the old school bedspreads from the 60's.   Bob and costume design. I always felt his designs more or less created Cher.  The half naked, sparkling creations made everyone pay attention to her (I think) more than her singing ability.   Who didn't own a Lee Sands eel skin wallet or purse?    

• Like 9

Remember all the dancing Jane did and had all the models and OAPS join in during SSWJ and even do a weekly conga line which I couldn't find. At 2hrs 55 min in during this show Jane was even doing a Dosido!

20211124_083723.thumb.jpg.f84e8c901c2fc2e5d508eadac53671a8.jpg20211124_083706.thumb.jpg.25cda9d309b79004010c5e076f3c322e.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

There's a new book out about Bob and he was interviewed on Today last week.  He looked great.  I guess his stuff doesn't fit into Q's current trends.

51QsAbv-C8L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

Stan Herman, Bob Mackey and Lee Sands.  Stan and his beautiful chenille robes.  They always reminded me of the old school bedspreads from the 60's.   Bob and costume design. I always felt his designs more or less created Cher.  The half naked, sparkling creations made everyone pay attention to her (I think) more than her singing ability.   Who didn't own a Lee Sands eel skin wallet or purse?    

Bob Mackie was the costume designer for Mama's Family, and I always picture him giggling to himself while designing one of Naomi's off-the-shoulder numbers or pink plaid baby doll dresses frequently worn by Iola lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

I believe Bob Mackie also created the famous “curtain dress” for Carol Burnett’s portrayal of Scarlett O’Hara in their spoof of “Gone With the Wind.” 😂

image.jpeg.f27e68fa5e8d38738b5a719b541ae4b3.jpeg

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 12

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I believe Bob Mackie also created the famous “curtain dress” for Carol Burnett’s portrayal of Scarlett O’Hara in their spoof of “Gone With the Wind.” 😂

image.jpeg.f27e68fa5e8d38738b5a719b541ae4b3.jpeg

He did.  He was the costume designer for the entire run of the Carol Burnett Show.  He's said that when he was designing that particular outfit he was trying to think of how to make sure he got the laugh and he came up with the curtain rod.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 7

MB/QVC/Great Gifts/Roberta's

Mary Beth:  "Koort is Devin's uncle, I believe.  But anyway..."

Translation:  "They told me to say something about this odd family, but IDGAF."

Rosina is back.

Yay?  (I'm asking)

• Laugh 7

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Jane's daughters, Cara and Deirdre, paid her a video visit on her show to congratulate her on her 35th anniversary. Jane was genuinely shocked, and almost speechless. She did say, "My daughters! From their apartments!"

Although I'm tired of hearing Jane prattle on about her daughters, it's not their fault, and I thought they were really sweet. They said lots of loving and affectionate things to her: ”We’re so proud of you, and congratulations! ... She’s my best friend and we love you oh so much," and so on.

They said they'd been watching her show, and they enjoyed the dancing video. I think I've seen that particular video on YouTube.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 1 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 2 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 3 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 4 11-23-21.jpg

Jane's daughters are lovely young ladies and I am sure they are very accomplished.  However,  Jane, please save the personal life stuff for social media where people who want to hear about it can follow you.   I just want to hear about the product if I am watching the Q, not the host or the host's family or the host's cat, etc. (An occasional reference would be fine but when you mention your family, etc. more times that you talk about the product in a presentation, there is an issue.)

Edited by penbrat
  • Like 18

I don't grow my nails or get them "done" either, so I don't judge Caro for having nubs, but I tell you- that laser etched file set from the Q is an absolute game changer and makes even nubs look professionally done. I love how shiny my nails look, as if I'm wearing clear polish! It's one of the better purchases from the Q. I'm surprised Ms. Caro didn't order for herself. It would make her polished and unpolished nails look so much better. 

ETA: Beekman cuticle balm is another great product, especially for dry weather + frequent hand washing.

Edited by PopItInUrWasher · Reason: Cuticles matter too
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7

Caro needs a manicure/hairstylist/wardrobe manager oh yeah, and a mirror and new pair of glasses so she can see what her outfits look like, it’s not pretty Caro, not pretty.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Caro has hit the pajama game. 

Oh dear…

A8B5574D-CA7C-4A9C-B005-3BC4CD5EB257.thumb.jpeg.96e9a40d9a40f865667f22d082ef5c6b.jpeg

5E363D32-2388-4C48-9F0E-384C505C7E63.thumb.jpeg.14113ac0a5654dff3ea9faee151e1f98.jpeg

Is she trying to avoid seeing herself in the monitor, lol?

B248DD69-387F-4973-8E58-69C2CCC2A801.thumb.jpeg.95c84713310b308381fb11896ffca887.jpeg

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 3

I wonder if Caro is not wearing makeup because she had some kind of cosmetic procedure done on her face and was told not to put anything on it.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Angel's adorable Golden Retriever is sitting on the couch in the background on Q2.

If only they would remove all of those pesky informational graphics so we could see him better.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I wonder of Caro is not wearing makeup because she had some kind of cosmetic procedure done on her face and was told not to put anything on it.

I don’t think she wears much makeup generally, but she hasn’t had any mascara on recently. Maybe eye surgery of some sort?

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

40 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I don’t think she wears much makeup generally, but she hasn’t had any mascara on recently. Maybe eye surgery of some sort?

If she had cataract surgery, that would explain it. You can't wear any eye makeup during your recovery period, which varies from one week to one month. It drove me crazy to go without eye makeup after my surgery, since I usually never go a day without my makeup. In hindsight, it seems silly to worry about wearing makeup after an important medical procedure, but at the time I was aggravated.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

I wonder of Caro is not wearing makeup because she had some kind of cosmetic procedure done on her face and was told not to put anything on it.

If she had work done on her face, I would sue the doctor.  

• Laugh 8

3 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

I don't grow my nails or get them "done" either, so I don't judge Caro for having nubs, but I tell you- that laser etched file set from the Q is an absolute game changer and makes even nubs look professionally done. I love how shiny my nails look, as if I'm wearing clear polish! It's one of the better purchases from the Q. I'm surprised Ms. Caro didn't order for herself. It would make her polished and unpolished nails look so much better. 

ETA: Beekman cuticle balm is another great product, especially for dry weather + frequent hand washing.

I love those glass, laser-etched files, too!  I bought a set the first time they were shown.  I use the foot file a couple of times a week and when I remember to use the nail file to file my nails, instead of a regular emery board, I'm always amazed at how well they file, how the end of the nail is sealed.  I haven't tried using it to buff my nails, though, since I always have polish on my nails.  When the weather turns colder, I'm just trying to keep my nails from peeling and tearing and this file really helps with that!

The only thing I don't like about them is that they are glass.....of course, they wouldn't work the way they do if they weren't glass, but it makes me very wary about how and where I store them.  My bathroom is all ceramic and granite, so if I drop it, it's definitely toast.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I love those glass, laser-etched files, too!  I bought a set the first time they were shown.  I use the foot file a couple of times a week and when I remember to use the nail file to file my nails, instead of a regular emery board, I'm always amazed at how well they file, how the end of the nail is sealed.  I haven't tried using it to buff my nails, though, since I always have polish on my nails.  When the weather turns colder, I'm just trying to keep my nails from peeling and tearing and this file really helps with that!

The only thing I don't like about them is that they are glass.....of course, they wouldn't work the way they do if they weren't glass, but it makes me very wary about how and where I store them.  My bathroom is all ceramic and granite, so if I drop it, it's definitely toast.

They are stronger than other glass files I have owned. I’ve dropped them on tile and even stepped on one, and it survived!

They really are the best files I’ve ever used. One of the few items whose effectiveness has not been exaggerated by the hosts. 

Edited by Fritopaws
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Amy is on style live clearance and she looks like a slob, nothing she could say could convince me that I need to buy whatever she’s wearing. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Fritopaws said:

They are stronger than other glass files I have owned. I’ve dropped them on tile and even stepped on one, and it survived!

They really are the best files I’ve ever used. One of the few items whose effectiveness has not been exaggerated by the hosts. 

Thanks - I will keep that in mind!  I think I had a glass file made by Essie and I dropped it and it broke.  It didn't shatter, just cleanly broke in about three or four places.  The Essie one also didn't file your nails as well as this one does, either.  I bought the set of the laser etched ones for the foot file and it turns out that the nail file was a delightful bonus!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Kiekaboo said:

Amy is on style live clearance and she looks like a slob, nothing she could say could convince me that I need to buy whatever she’s wearing. 

Her hair looks especially bad tonight.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Her hair looks especially bad tonight.

I thought she was wearing a hood, but it was just the dark part of her hair.

Maria is not proficient at blending color, unless her inspiration for Amy's hair is a calico cat.

Amy is happy with it, though, and a happy customer is what counts (unless you are a fixture on television, and then you are subject to criticism).

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Jane's daughters, Cara and Deirdre, paid her a video visit on her show to congratulate her on her 35th anniversary. Jane was genuinely shocked, and almost speechless. She did say, "My daughters! From their apartments!"

Although I'm tired of hearing Jane prattle on about her daughters, it's not their fault, and I thought they were really sweet. They said lots of loving and affectionate things to her: ”We’re so proud of you, and congratulations! ... She’s my best friend and we love you oh so much," and so on.

They said they'd been watching her show, and they enjoyed the dancing video. I think I've seen that particular video on YouTube.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 1 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 2 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 3 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 4 11-23-21.jpg

Agreed, CoffeeCup  - as annoying as she is, you can really tell that her daughters love her, so she must me doing something right. I enjoyed the quick flashback clips, too. Then, of course, (someone who can't be mentioned here) had to move right in and deliver her usual negative remarks, being the dark cloud that she is.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

The foot file is awesome too! I had a pumice stone I used on my feet, but it also scratched me if I wasn't careful. The foot file is totally safe to use and exfoliates even better than a pumice stone. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I made a video of the video visit. R.I.P. Steve Colantuno. 😢

• Like 6

Jane gets verklempt at the drop of a hat, or the sight of her daughters, who I believe she sees quite often.

"My daughters...in their apartments."

Wonder why she did not say "in New York".  You know she wanted to.

Nice girls.  And even nicer that they didn't turn into a puddle of goo when their mother did.

And it looks like she is sticking with the same hairstyle until the end of time.

Surprising, since she looked more attractive in some of those longer, red-haired wigs I've seen her wear.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

OMG, I couldn’t change the channel fast enough after listening to five minutes of the two airheads (Jen and Kerstin) gasping over a $70 Barefoot Dreams blanket. They were screeching, talking over each other, and over-emoting. Jen apparently had an orgasm while wearing the blanket. Might be a selling feature. 😊

7A387243-0907-44A3-96C9-C741D51B36A9.thumb.jpeg.f7806cfa215a7cbbb8149b9cb8a46496.jpeg

503CE9D6-B3BA-4269-B767-C55A79DB03F5.thumb.jpeg.682e979ded761b468f3d2a033bf8f075.jpeg

8ABFB849-AA4F-4B9C-B545-C50E82159685.thumb.jpeg.42839fc16e4bbfa7fe9d7067abd4abde.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Jen's makeup and lipstick are so harsh tonight. Really ages her. 😕

I think so too. 

A79769C2-D51D-42E8-A5EE-FBA4C20F08AC.thumb.jpeg.512a03b0f78272d5180ba4a335070607.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 10

12 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

He did.  He was the costume designer for the entire run of the Carol Burnett Show.  He's said that when he was designing that particular outfit he was trying to think of how to make sure he got the laugh and he came up with the curtain rod.

God, Carol Burnett was so damn funny.. oh kudos to Bob Mackie

59 minutes ago, Booney said:

OMG, I couldn’t change the channel fast enough after listening to five minutes of the two airheads (Jen and Kerstin) gasping over a $70 Barefoot Dreams blanket. They were screeching, talking over each other, and over-emoting. Jen apparently had an orgasm while wearing the blanket. Might be a selling feature. 😊

7A387243-0907-44A3-96C9-C741D51B36A9.thumb.jpeg.f7806cfa215a7cbbb8149b9cb8a46496.jpeg

503CE9D6-B3BA-4269-B767-C55A79DB03F5.thumb.jpeg.682e979ded761b468f3d2a033bf8f075.jpeg

8ABFB849-AA4F-4B9C-B545-C50E82159685.thumb.jpeg.42839fc16e4bbfa7fe9d7067abd4abde.jpeg

"Two dingbats living their horrible lives"

• Like 8

12 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

I chop my fingernails (basically so i won't scratch (my arms).. but i do get pedicures - and if i'm late.. I do my own.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Booney said:

I think so too. 

A79769C2-D51D-42E8-A5EE-FBA4C20F08AC.thumb.jpeg.512a03b0f78272d5180ba4a335070607.jpeg

Probably going to the bar after work to pick up guys. With Kerstin!

She’ll be stinging over GILI Jill getting her bloke back while Jen is the spinster of the Westchester  parish. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

5 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I made a video of the video visit. R.I.P. Steve Colantuno. 😢

Her daughters obviously love her so much.  Kinda makes me want to take down the snark on Blabby.. NOT.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.