Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

1 hour ago, Dancing bear said:

Poor Jill and  Elise - put all that love story information out there.   Same for Jen.   

What happens when their stories turn out like the Judy Crowell-Jeff Hewson story. LOL 

Jill thinks she's a lifestyle expert which doesn't help. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

Leah is MIA this morning as well

maybe later in the day 

Leah's Monday morning schedule was replaced by Elise.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

34 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Last week filling in Pat specifically said get well soon Ali, so maybe it's something long term medical.

Wait....Ali? Is Ali missing, too?  I thought we were talking about Elise?

I'm so confused.  I was watching one of my YouTube Vlogs yesterday and there was this commercial about how to make a cheese platter.  I couldn't figure out who it was, but the person was very pleasant.

It was Ali!  I was shocked......she was upbeat, talked "normally"........I ended up watching the whole 2 minute thing just to see who it was sponsored by and it was some sort of QVC thing.  I forget what it was called, but was reminiscent of those short videos The Blue Jean Chef used to do.  I'm sure it's some series from their streaming channel.

• Like 3

Besides her manner, something about Ali’s face bugs me. It’s almost like her face isn’t there, like she’s really nondescript. I can’t put my finger on it  

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Last week filling in Pat specifically said get well soon Ali, so maybe it's something long term medical.

Yikes!  I meant Elise!  Ali appears to be healthy and fine.

Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 1

I am a fan of Leah and I am 100% in favor of natural hair and curly hair … but she needs to buy a weed-whacker at this point and mow down that mushroom cap she is sporting on top of her head. I hated that look she used to wear where her hair was scraped back into a tight bun, but now she has gone too far in the opposite direction with that giant poof of hair. IMO.

Woke up at 4:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep so I turned the Q on. At one point (chic) Courtney was sitting on a sofa while trying to sell me a beanie-and-scarf set and while she was talking I noticed a small stain on the sofa one cushion over. Of course I immediately figured Filthy Shawn had been there.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

5 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Of course, GILI Jill didn't learn the first time around to keep her private life private.

She can't keep her mouth shut and has to rehash why they broke up and why they're back together. 

Now, she's publicizing their very private engagement, which was luckily perfectly shot by a random couple passing by on a boat in an expanse of desolate Caribbean water.

🙄

Not very believable from somebody who seems to crave media attention whenever she can get it.

Check is in the mail, paps.

Wonering what special hell his daughter has cooked up for her step Mommy to be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.com/today/amp/tdna239511

Less is More, Gili Jill.  Jus SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR STUPID RELATIONSHIP AND STOP SHARING YOUR WHOLE LIFE.  No one CARES.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

3 hours ago, Kiekaboo said:

Wonder what happened to Elise Ivy, she’s not listed on any upcoming shows, did she get the boot, and not one from any of Blabbys shoe shows.

Did Elise run off to Florida with her heart faced beau?   I looked at her love story blog and looks like she's not shared her love story recently.  

If she out sick maybe she caught covid traveling to Florida.   Does her guy ever jet back and forth to PA or is the one having to always travel.    

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

33 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

I am a fan of Leah and I am 100% in favor of natural hair and curly hair … but she needs to buy a weed-whacker at this point and mow down that mushroom cap she is sporting on top of her head. I hated that look she used to wear where her hair was scraped back into a tight bun, but now she has gone too far in the opposite direction with that giant poof of hair. IMO.

Woke up at 4:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep so I turned the Q on. At one point (chic) Courtney was sitting on a sofa while trying to sell me a beanie-and-scarf set and while she was talking I noticed a small stain on the sofa one cushion over. Of course I immediately figured Filthy Shawn had been there.

Leah has hair extensions, why in the hell would she add more volume?  

• Laugh 2

Elise’s QVC socials are still up so it looks like she’s not been fired. Maybe the boyfie bailed out and she’s taken it badly. I mean, she seems nice enough but all this bragging on line about the relationship is way too weird and too much pressure even if he persuaded her to blank his face out of the pics. 
What is it with these Q hosts and their love lives? It’s all a bit odd if you ask me! 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Burly said:

Elise’s QVC socials are still up so it looks like she’s not been fired. Maybe the boyfie bailed out and she’s taken it badly. I mean, she seems nice enough but all this bragging on line about the relationship is way too weird and too much pressure even if he persuaded her to blank his face out of the pics. 
What is it with these Q hosts and their love lives? It’s all a bit odd if you ask me! 

I don't get it either.   They are worse than 12 year olds with their first boyfriend.   

Why do they feel it necessary to share their love life with total strangers.   Elise's blog is so silly.  So many immature details.  Is this the first guy she's had in her life.    

43 minutes ago, doglover67 said:

Leah has hair extensions, why in the hell would she add more volume?  

Sometimes I look at Leah and think does she have any idea how bad that huge poof looks.    When anyone looks at her  the first thing (and probably the only thing) people notice is that big glob of hair.   

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

22 minutes ago, Burly said:

OR maybe she's getting a nose job or more adjustments.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

“What happens when their stories turn out like the Judy Crowell-Jeff Hewson story. LOL”   

They break down on air during a presentation when someone calls in and says she’s celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary. Anyone remember that one?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 8

Lori, talking up this LOGO pieced velvet top: “Think about what you want to look like this holiday season.”

My response: “I don’t want to look like this!”

A4C59DE3-93AE-4998-954B-BBE2E6E38F2F.thumb.jpeg.40bdf31527db9c4a85d4e6ad9be63141.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 19

Lori said that shirt with the pants is “everything” somebody please give her a pair of glasses and turn on a light, apparently she isn’t seeing what we are.

Edited by Kiekaboo
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

At the end of the LOGO show, Amy said she had to run because "I have to tinkle."

Not cute, Amy.  Grow all the way up.

And stop with the Calista clapping stuff.  It is weighing your hair down and making it look limp and dirty.

One more thing:  stop sucking on candy when you are talking!

11 minutes ago, Kiekaboo said:

Lori said that shirt with the pants is “everything” somebody please give her a pair of glasses and turn on a light, apparently she isn’t seeing what we are.

Amy said Lori looked beautiful in it.

In think Amy has visions of working more closely with Lori, in a styling capacity, perhaps somewhere else, and with celebrities.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 8
  • Surprise 2

I thought this Graver sherpa vest looked bad on Amy…

BC5AAAFE-3215-444B-B330-9D206185D8D3.thumb.jpeg.595335de1e6c4cb2dd0331ede6733729.jpeg

…until I saw it “styled” on Ade. Poor Ade! This is going in the fashion poll photo file for sure!

4FA39EFA-4E92-4CFB-888A-2770549968C0.thumb.jpeg.e70894ee25724a79cd80455dc3695658.jpeg

• Laugh 7
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

At the end of the LOGO show, Amy said she had to run because "I have to tinkle."

Not cute, Amy.  Grow all the way up.

And stop with the Calista clapping stuff.  It is weighing your hair down and making it look limp and dirty.

One more thing:  stop sucking on candy when you are talking!

Yes!!!!! To all points above. As if her large teeth and speech impediment don’t bring enough attention to her mouth, then she has to suck her candy or mint or whatever it is, and she sort of fixates on her lip gloss.

Grow up is right. And show a little class.

59 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Um, did Amy just shout out to model Jacqui, “…don’t wet yourself!” after Jacqui laughed at Amy’s attempt at a tango? 🤦‍♀️

Amy is just as low as some others, but she’s sneaky low. She keeps a lower profile so ya don’t always catch how low brow she can be. 

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: Needed to proofread - sorry 🙂
  • Like 9
  • Sad 3

I used to be ambivalent about Amy because I rarely caught her on air but having seen her a bit more in recent weeks I’m really starting to dislike her. She’s stupid and shallow and a terrible liar in a non interesting sort of way, which means even snarking loses the fun factor. 
I mean Blabby is horrendous but in an entertaining way that we can all have some giggles with. There’s nothing remotely funny about Amy. 

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Booney said:

Lori, talking up this LOGO pieced velvet top: “Think about what you want to look like this holiday season.”

A4C59DE3-93AE-4998-954B-BBE2E6E38F2F.thumb.jpeg.40bdf31527db9c4a85d4e6ad9be63141.jpeg

I AGREE.  This LOGO crap has got to go.  It is garbage.  And Lori...  You get on my last nerve gurl.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

ugh put on QVC to checkout the dryer and its you know who, cant even watch on the re-run 

will wait

ETA watching now, and too much talking, daughters burning their hair, how about showing someone actually using it.

WTF is with "daughters" and using them to sell 

lousy presentation 

Edited by litehauskeeper
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, JT57 said:

I AGREE.  This LOGO crap has got to go.  It is garbage.  And Lori...  You get on my last nerve gurl.

There was a time if was a quality line. They used better fabrics and less busy patterns. I have tops from 5 or more years ago that still get compliments when I wear them. It’s unrecognizable now, and I’ve never been able to watch Lori. Fingernails on a chalkboard for me. 

I agree about Amy. There is absolutely nothing about her personality that leads me to tune in, but she has many grating habits that do lead me to tune out. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, JT57 said:

I have yet to see anyone in public wearing this crap.  Who is buying it?!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Burly said:

I used to be ambivalent about Amy because I rarely caught her on air but having seen her a bit more in recent weeks I’m really starting to dislike her. She’s stupid and shallow and a terrible liar in a non interesting sort of way, which means even snarking loses the fun factor. 
I mean Blabby is horrendous but in an entertaining way that we can all have some giggles with. There’s nothing remotely funny about Amy. 

Plus she looks like an undernourished SKANK with Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy  too much drag queen face putty.

• Laugh 1

With the lounge wear and athletic styling,  I can't remember the last time I saw a Q host in a nice dress and heels.

(Janie doesn't count cause I said nice dress and heels.)

I'm sure Mary Beth has but maybe I missed it.  And Sandra perhaps?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

16 hours ago, Booney said:

Amy looks like she's ready to push a shopping cart full of junk to go along with her "crazy neighborhood wino" attire.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

21 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1015252548_isaacmizrahiwideeyes112321crop.gif.a5647c32b6fb2c7cbe56b030fc615aec.gif

All that money and he doesn't give a shit abut his crooked, brown, rotting teeth.

1 hour ago, phonybaloney said:

Plus she looks like an undernourished SKANK with Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy  too much drag queen face putty.

She looks like a Ferret (sorry to all the Ferrets out there) or some kind of weasel.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

56 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

With the lounge wear and athletic styling,  I can't remember the last time I saw a Q host in a nice dress and heels.

I don’t know about dresses, but Katrina rarely is not dressed up and in heels, unless she’s forced into selling sneakers or PJ’s. 

Elise wore a very nice dress and heels during one of the last Get Ready Get Gorgeous airings before it was suspended until after the holidays. It jumps out in my memory because it was very much NOT the norm these days.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'd say Sandra and Katrina......although I may have missed it, I don't think I've seen either one of them stoop to the pajama wearing.  At least not yet.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'd say Sandra and Katrina......although I may have missed it, I don't think I've seen either one of them stoop to the pajama wearing.  At least not yet.

Katrina was forced into wearing PJs last week when she did the TSV. It looked so completely wrong. 

Edited by Fritopaws
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

please give me a good reason why the goat boys are wearing those dumb headbands,

you have a good product line, why go there 

I've purchased their soap in the past and have been very happy.  But that nonsense they pulled trying to be cute is enough for me not to want to buy from them again.

• Like 9

The Laurie Felt off-kilter heart sweater looks nice on the models.  I like that it is different.  I really like the snowflake version of that sweater — then seeing it just now on JRT and not as flattering.  I’ll wait til it goes on clearance or LTS and give it a try.

Jane’s hair looks nice tonight.  I wish I could still do bangs, but mine got too flimsy. 😜  Not that my forehead is a gem, either! 😂

Why all the clips of JRT from years gone by at the end of her show??? (It’s muted here.)

Oh crud.  Now Shawn.  Click!!

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

The Laurie Felt off-kilter heart sweater looks nice on the models.  I like that it is different.  I really like the snowflake version of that sweater — then seeing it just now on JRT and not as flattering.  I’ll wait til it goes on clearance or LTS and give it a try.

Jane’s hair looks nice tonight.  I wish I could still do bangs, but mine got too flimsy. 😜  Not that my forehead is a gem, either! 😂

Why all the clips of JRT from years gone by at the end of her show??? (It’s muted here.)

Oh crud.  Now Shawn.  Click!!

It's Jane's 35th anniversary at QVC.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, Dancing bear said:

Barefoot Dreams is so over priced.  No way would I pay that price for this garb 

I could not agree more.

I think it's reasonably attractive ( not to die for but better than just ok) but the prices are insane. In my head anyway. Why would I spend $112 for a "house coat". Remember those? haha.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Jane's daughters, Cara and Deirdre, paid her a video visit on her show to congratulate her on her 35th anniversary. Jane was genuinely shocked, and almost speechless. She did say, "My daughters! From their apartments!"

Although I'm tired of hearing Jane prattle on about her daughters, it's not their fault, and I thought they were really sweet. They said lots of loving and affectionate things to her: ”We’re so proud of you, and congratulations! ... She’s my best friend and we love you oh so much," and so on.

They said they'd been watching her show, and they enjoyed the dancing video. I think I've seen that particular video on YouTube.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 1 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 2 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 3 11-23-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy daughters 35th year 4 11-23-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Stan Herman came on the show with Leah Tuesday night to present his plush robe. It was a very enjoyable presentation. Stan and Leah have known each other a long time, and clearly like each other. Leah loves his robes. Why can't all the host and OAP presentations be that good?

misc pics QVC Leah Williams Stan Herman 1 robe 11-23-21.jpg

• Like 17

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.