Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wow - I remember seeing that on Shark Tank. I would get anything for my dog and even I wouldn't buy that.

PS (and by the way) Who is this Bitsy people keep mentioning?

A Joan Rivers OAP.  Short blonde hair, 50's maybe?  Late 40's?  Could only find one image depicting her former, heavier self.  She may be younger than I estimated. 🤷‍♀️

bit.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

Dan this morning "forgive me if I stereotype". perhaps a handslap afte the other day?

He actually said the same thing the other day...right before he stereotyped.

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

I caught a brief glimpse of Jen and Kirsten this morning.  I used to like Jen, but she has officially jumped the shark with her pursing of her lips nonsense towards the end of the Berkshire Blanket TSV presentation.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

8 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

I caught a brief glimpse of Jen and Kirsten this morning.  I used to like Jen, but she has officially jumped the shark with her pursing of her lips nonsense towards the end of the Berkshire Blanket TSV presentation.

Maybe that lip issue is why she has problems keeping a man.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

26 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

Maybe that lip issue is why she has problems keeping a man.   

Yes, it's very off-putting.

Another reason is that she puts pictures of her new boyfriends on her social media. She's pushing them too far. Maybe none of them want to be shown all over the Internet as her official boyfriend. She scares them away.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

3B1729B4-D494-4BEC-9553-5BC3540E7415.png.bb8099d6a67952a8a1f5825710c0d9a8.pngChemistry?
Could these two be any more visually disengaged from one another?

I mean... I love watching this train wreck, but do the OVC Execs not see what we see???  Or maybe the QVC Execs are building for a Pay Per View No Holds Bared between these 2.  I'd pay to see that shit,  and add maybe Diva David vs. Alberti....

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

MB/Q2/D&C

Faux Suede Bonded Sherpa Zip-Front Jacket

"Granted, we do get a little discount because we work here, BUT I will say, it's like people will say 'she's got this, she's got that', you know, 'they get it for free'.  We don't.  We never get free clothes.  Ever.  So, just letting you know when I say I buy it, I did buy it!" 

She had a dead serious look, giving the "absolutely never" hand signal, then reverted back to a lighthearted "ha ha ha!" to end the lecture and get into presenting the jacket.

At this point, would it be so bad if Gary gave Mary Beth a medium, apple red, fleece top, no charge? 

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Faux-Suede-Bonded-Sherpa-Zip-Front-Jacket.product.A459190.html?sc=IROA

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Oh bore off Mary Beth. You lie about not knowing what a croissant is, why would we believe you about the clothes? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

12 minutes ago, Burly said:

Oh bore off Mary Beth. You lie about not knowing what a croissant is, why would we believe you about the clothes? 

And she probably has a freezer full of begels.

• Laugh 14

Joan Boyce is on JTV right now.

I'd love to see her come over to the Q.

It would be Must See TV seeing her interact with certain hosts, like Jane T, Shawn...

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Joan Boyce is on JTV right now.

I'd love to see her come over to the Q.

It would be Must See TV seeing her interact with certain hosts, like Jane T, Shawn...

I love Joan Boyce!  She’s a riot!

• Like 11

6 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Elizabeth “Bitsy” Jennings. Her weight loss experience is well documented apparently.

5E2BCBE5-BDAB-475F-B6DF-89C82613D266.jpeg.165cdf9bbbc40bad479d414761422bba.jpeg

Her weight loss is very impressive, but I couldn't help laughing at her self-tanner in the "after" picture. She has tan arms, neckline, face, and legs, and then that pale white midsection.

• Laugh 5

13 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

always wanted a skirt like that especially for Christmas. Just seems so classic. I don’t have the figure for it but I still want it 😛

I know!!! I want to just put it on and twirl around. Maybe we should buy it together and share it. You twirl for a while and send it to me? You are right - it is just SO classic (and girly).

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Amy is always very enthusiastic about the Calista Embellish Definer (aka clapping volumizer), and it does pump up her hair...for about seven minutes.

Two presentations later, it is flat again. 

Seems like a waste of money.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

570517332_qvctruthstyle11182101.JPG.5297d754d0ea01064df4a248835c79ac.JPG

525544529_qvctruthstyle11182102.JPG.492c8d73efd4e9661b1c6d4371397374.JPG

Oh my! That's so sad!! Wonder what happened? RIP Susan Gainsborg.

ETA: Based on donation requests, posts and comments, it sounds like she died from cancer.  

20211118_182435.thumb.jpg.c535e38c1531c802d13d9dc11a4ee8df.jpg20211118_182501.thumb.jpg.4e3f7a7b6ad6c708b7b5e6433970308b.jpg

20211118_182946.thumb.jpg.fdcbd08c4a5c3caaf9fd8cecd72dbf3a.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Sad 10

10 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

there are some of the Joan R long skirts on poshmark, mainly smaller sizes but might be worth a look

There several of the skirts on eBay too. Also mostly small sizes there, but I did see one of the red plaid skirts in 1X for $38.00.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

A look back…

Miss Joan Rivers and David Dangle

D9B8A823-42C1-4586-971F-80E5607E4A6E.jpeg.a7dde8c6d07475a9f4ef8ac76d932876.jpeg

Love Joan just lounging around in a skirt and heels! 😁

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I will admit that I can be a bit of a towel snob.......but those towels look super thin.

I read, maybe 10 years ago, that Lionel Richie had this home line.  I remember checking it out at the time, but I don't remember him having sort of basic, colored towels.  I recall more embroidered borders and everything being white.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know!!! I want to just put it on and twirl around. Maybe we should buy it together and share it. You twirl for a while and send it to me? You are right - it is just SO classic (and girly).

It has an elastic waist!  It might work!  I’m pretty chubby ‘tho. Chubby. God I hate that word. When I was about 10-12 I was heavy and had to wear Chubettes clothing!  I felt bad until I worked with a lady who’s Mom shopped at Nordstrom and bought her chubby daughter a line called “Junior Plenty”!  😄

9 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

570517332_qvctruthstyle11182101.JPG.5297d754d0ea01064df4a248835c79ac.JPG

525544529_qvctruthstyle11182102.JPG.492c8d73efd4e9661b1c6d4371397374.JPG

Wow. Wonder what happened?  She’s been on the Q in the last month or six weeks I think. I always liked her. She talked like she actually designed her clothing line. Sad. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

There several of the skirts on eBay too. Also mostly small sizes there, but I did see one of the red plaid skirts in 1X for $38.00.

Ok. I bought the 1x on eBay!  I’ll twirl around the house in it. Especially at Christmas. My husband will think I’m nuts 😁

• Like 14
  • Laugh 7

12 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Amy is always very enthusiastic about the Calista Embellish Definer (aka clapping volumizer), and it does pump up her hair...for about seven minutes.

Two presentations later, it is flat again. 

Seems like a waste of money.

I have fine, limp hair like Amy’s appears to be. All that gunk does is make it even heavier after maybe ten minutes of “texture,” with “texture” being code for “gummy” and “sticky.”  It felt like I borrowed mom’s AquaNet, but it wouldn’t dry. 

I’ve tried using less, using more, clapping more, clapping less, and it just does not work—and I’m not exactly a novice at using texturizing products. 

Then I was really stupid and tried the Cloud Powder Root Volumizer as a One Time Only with free S/H, thinking, “how could they screw up a powder?” Welp. It managed to leave my hair with the same sticky residue. I could not distribute it evenly because I couldn’t get a brush or wide-toothed comb through my hair. I gave it a test drive near bedtime, and the texture was so nasty that and I couldn’t wait until morning to shampoo it out. I was taking prednisone and couldn’t imagine having night sweats with that gunk in my hair (SHUDDER).

I’ve learned my lesson the hard way with this brand, and never again. I have purchased a couple of Callista’s tools on clearance that I actually like to use, but if she comes on, I immediately change the channel to avoid throwing my remote at the TV as they sing the praises of Embellish 😂

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

It has an elastic waist!  It might work!  I’m pretty chubby ‘tho. Chubby. God I hate that word. When I was about 10-12 I was heavy and had to wear Chubettes clothing!  I felt bad until I worked with a lady who’s Mom shopped at Nordstrom and bought her chubby daughter a line called “Junior Plenty”!  😄

I laughed so hard at "Junior Plenty"! Growing up, our local department store had the "Chubby" department for girls and the "Husky" department for boys. The boys had it easy - Husky sounds so much better than Chubby!

For years, there was a plus-size store in my town called "Amy Stout."

• Laugh 13
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Ok. I bought the 1x on eBay!  I’ll twirl around the house in it. Especially at Christmas. My husband will think I’m nuts

Thanks for the tip - I found a red checked one and the green one. I really wanted the red one, but it wasn't in petite, so it will be too long, but I wanted it. And the green one did come in petite, so I needed that one, too. Lots of twirling will be happening!

I wonder if it would be too fancy to wear to an afternoon chorus potluck? I do not care. I will wear it (if I am not sick from getting my booster that morning).

PS - @AuntCarol, my mother told me once that I looked "beefy." I would have preferred chubby. 😪

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fritopaws said:

I have fine, limp hair like Amy’s appears to be. All that gunk does is make it even heavier after maybe ten minutes of “texture,” with “texture” being code for “gummy” and “sticky.”  It felt like I borrowed mom’s AquaNet, but it wouldn’t dry. 

I’ve tried using less, using more, clapping more, clapping less, and it just does not work—and I’m not exactly a novice at using texturizing products. 

Then I was really stupid and tried the Cloud Powder Root Volumizer as a One Time Only with free S/H, thinking, “how could they screw up a powder?” Welp. It managed to leave my hair with the same sticky residue. I could not distribute it evenly because I couldn’t get a brush or wide-toothed comb through my hair. I gave it a test drive near bedtime, and the texture was so nasty that and I couldn’t wait until morning to shampoo it out. I was taking prednisone and couldn’t imagine having night sweats with that gunk in my hair (SHUDDER).

I’ve learned my lesson the hard way with this brand, and never again. I have purchased a couple of Callista’s tools on clearance that I actually like to use, but if she comes on, I immediately change the channel to avoid throwing my remote at the TV as they sing the praises of Embellish 😂

I have fine hair and tried Embellish.   After 2 days of clapping, I knew the product did nothing for me.   I hated I had believed another false QVC claim.  Hated I lost money sending it back.     

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 5

51 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

I have fine hair and tried Embellish.   After 2 days of clapping, I knew the product did nothing for me.   I hated I had believed another false QVC claim.  Hated I lost money sending it back.     

I did and felt the same.        I didn’t even send it back.        
Enrolled in a local, Calista Consumer Clapping Class and still nothing.

Kept the two bottles under my sink for an appropriate amount of time for a bad purchase, and then I threw them out.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

8 hours ago, Booney said:

I laughed so hard at "Junior Plenty"! Growing up, our local department store had the "Chubby" department for girls and the "Husky" department for boys. The boys had it easy - Husky sounds so much better than Chubby!

For years, there was a plus-size store in my town called "Amy Stout."

Remember in Hairspray, the movie and the musical, Tracy Turnblad and her mother Edna get their fashion from a store called The Hefty Hideaway 🙂

• Laugh 13

1 hour ago, litehauskeeper said:

please explain to me

why JRT uses shop forwards and backwards, it kind of annoying

That Jane, she’s a mind bender, that one.

Now other hosts have borrowed the phrase. Yay😒

The host crew is also recirculating “yachty” and “rich Christmas”, like the harpies they truly are.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Jane, to the Baggallini rep:  "We don't like raisins."

She's said this before about herself and Courtney.

Yes, Jane.  We are on the verge of referring to you and your Courtney as twins.

Don't get too excited.

And has Jane always spoken with the uptalk?  At the end of sentences?  Like Courtney?

Even if  the sentence isn't a question?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

The cameras defer to little Janie most of the time. Probably by direct order. If you want to sell a ring, show it on Courtney. She has beautiful hands; long fingers and lovely skin. After all, she’s young.
Jane, “on the other hand…”. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

23 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

And has Jane always spoken with the uptalk?  At the end of sentences?  Like Courtney?

Even if  the sentence isn't a question?

I doubt Jane has ever asked anyone a question in her entire life. Jane cares about Jane.

6 minutes ago, notanxxs said:

What the H is blabby wearing?  Lol

She looks like a bottle of pepto bismal.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.