Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn’t see Caro on air,  but IMO jumpsuits are not meant for those of us with a thick middle.  I would need three layers of Spanx and that would make using the bathroom even more of a hassle! 😁😁

Also agree that her comments to Gary are unkind and homophobic.

I predict the tragicomedy jumpsuit will sell well…spend the summer in the back of closets…and find itself in a Salvation Army bin in the fall.

It’s impractical, unflattering on all but roadkill flat supermodels and ‘trend-right’ for a millisecond of a millisecond.

Who wears this stuff, and where, in real life?

Short of wearing an overcoat, there was no way Carolyn was going to disguise the total disaster of her attire. 

• Like 8

…and furthermore…

Mary D. did a Laurie Felt show this morning.

IMO, Mary has been put in some matronly stuff lately

…but…today…a portly shipwrecked pirate?

• Laugh 8

52 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

I predict the tragicomedy jumpsuit will sell well…spend the summer in the back of closets…and find itself in a Salvation Army bin in the fall.

It’s impractical, unflattering on all but roadkill flat supermodels and ‘trend-right’ for a millisecond of a millisecond.

Who wears this stuff, and where, in real life?

Short of wearing an overcoat, there was no way Carolyn was going to disguise the total disaster of her attire. 

*Raises hand* I'm currently wearing the cropped Anybody jumpsuit from last year. I wear it a lot. It's super comfortable and has never landed in the toilet. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

…and furthermore…

Mary D. did a Laurie Felt show this morning.

IMO, Mary has been put in some matronly stuff lately

…but…today…a portly shipwrecked pirate?

I had to go look. Oh dear, not very figure flattering (or any other kind of flattering, for that matter).

4C0ADDAF-3D96-4071-B233-60E60CA793A8.thumb.jpeg.cb6425337cf89a6af71a1213bc5cc14d.jpeg

29EB71EF-7511-4514-A862-C94752377E72.thumb.jpeg.28b431b99ded6463bad999818c1be1e8.jpeg

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 8

What would you call Courtney's manicure? Reverse French manicure?

misc pics QVC Courtney Khondabi nails pink tips 1 6-14-21.jpg

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

*Raises hand* I'm currently wearing the cropped Anybody jumpsuit from last year. I wear it a lot. It's super comfortable and has never landed in the toilet. 🙂

last year's was a better design

• Useful 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Hideous. This woman has taste for shit.

• Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Retro. they did that in the 40' 50s

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:35 AM, From Where I Sit said:

The dish is a French toast sort of casserole, made with Pillsbury cinnamon buns. When she told me about it, I thought sure, I’ll need pills after eating it or it may bury me.

Clever!  lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

12 hours ago, Booney said:

I had to go look. Oh dear, not very figure flattering (or any other kind of flattering, for that matter).

4C0ADDAF-3D96-4071-B233-60E60CA793A8.thumb.jpeg.cb6425337cf89a6af71a1213bc5cc14d.jpeg

29EB71EF-7511-4514-A862-C94752377E72.thumb.jpeg.28b431b99ded6463bad999818c1be1e8.jpeg

figure flattering??? What figure?

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

No ..... more like 'I am a big phony manicure"

• Laugh 3

Thank you @mpeeps for that recipe. We’re going to try this on the weekend!

It’s a fuller version and the ‘make a day ahead’ seems like an important step. Yum!☺️

• Like 3

FWIW, I sent CG a dm telling her to knock off bullying Gary, to do something about her hair and to go back to consulting with the stylists because her choices are awful and do nothing to promote the brands. Also, to get rid of the squirrel because this isn't Romper Room.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 8

LOL, @Shaking My Head, be sure to tell us what she says when she replies back! I am guessing that she has someone to screen her DMs so she may never see it, which is too bad. SOMEONE needs to tell her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

We'll know if Caro sees it because I'm sure she'll make a snide remark on-air.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 7

One hour and 55 minutes into D&C with Carolyn being perfectly normal and polite to Gary.  But, I said to myself, she's saving something up for the last five minutes, just watch..."

Sure enough:

"Okay, everyone, that's our show for today!  But we won't be doing our regular Instagram chats today because Gary is in the middle of his basement renovation -- you remember, it FLOODED!  HA HA HA HA HA!"

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 17

It's really kind of sad.  A lot of people really had a "come to Jesus" moment with the pandemic, realizing what was important in life.  I include myself in this realization.  You'd think that these hosts, who remained gainfully employed, would have a little humility - especially when they weren't able to muster up gratefulness. 

A few of these hosts have really changed since the pandemic, and not for the better.  Carolyn, Jane, Shawn.....even David to a lesser degree than these three.

What I can't figure out - for myself - is if they changed or if I did.

• Like 12
  • Useful 4

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

LOL, @Shaking My Head, be sure to tell us what she says when she replies back! I am guessing that she has someone to screen her DMs so she may never see it, which is too bad. SOMEONE needs to tell her.

Correcting myself. It was an email. Maybe she'll see it, probably not. I sent a few to SK years ago, and she replied a couple of times.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

11 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

NO WIDE LEG PANTS!  

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!

(I'm with you on this one, @AuntCarol!)

Edited by imisspuddy · Reason: Just couldn't resist... ;)
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

I can't help but keep checking on David's book "reviews".  One 1 star rating but more 4 and 5 stars.

All angry about the email snafu, but the 5 stars love David so much and look forward to receiving the book.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, phonybaloney said:

figure flattering??? What figure?

No ..... more like 'I am a big phony manicure"

I saw 2 young girls getting the same manicure Courtney has.  I have no idea what it's called but I don't care for it.  I'm sure the Kardashians and Cardi B probably sport the trend.   

• Useful 2
  • Sad 2

A lot of younger women in my area have that mani that Courtney has.  It's been fairly popular for 6 or 7 months now.  I saw people with it even prior to the pandemic, but it's really taken off since the holidays.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Tomorrow at 1 p.m., a special "bonus" D&C, heaven help us.

Carolyn is already memorizing her insults to Gary.  That's how she falls asleep.

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Theoretically this dress? tunic? should work but it just looks like the model is wearing a beach towel.

703A8817-3D3E-4241-933D-4A359899E103.thumb.jpeg.2c4d459a06b411f90ee686e0d171cef6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

Truth + Style = blech!

Shawni Sue can’t invent ass kissing superlatives fast enough.

Mz Lockjaw Architect Artsy Fart condescends but does not impress.

This drek is paper doll flat…no trunk for your junk…no blouson for your boobs.

Seamless + hemless laser cut “poly” = fused recycled plastic.

Clearly a case of the emperor’s new clothes.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

That dress would look a lot better if she didn't have pants under the dress and the dress was shorter.

• Like 8

Speaking of manicures, I enjoy seeing Leah's manicures. They are always perfect, and the colors she chooses are very flattering.

misc pics QVC Leah Williams nails red perfect 2 6-15-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Leah Williams nails red perfect Spenco sandals 6-15-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 15

24 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Speaking of manicures, I enjoy seeing Leah's manicures. They are always perfect, and the colors she chooses are very flattering.

Leah’s a class act. 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Booney said:

Theoretically this dress? tunic? should work but it just looks like the model is wearing a beach towel.

703A8817-3D3E-4241-933D-4A359899E103.thumb.jpeg.2c4d459a06b411f90ee686e0d171cef6.jpeg

Not a good look

25 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Leah’s a class act. 

Leah seems SO happy this morning.  Good for her.

• Like 8

MBR with the "but" when the word doesn't' belong or is not necessary

adding extra words in speaking annoying 

"but here is xxx with".  here is xx with the yyyy

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

She was heavy-handed with the "etceteras" today.  Plus, she threw in an "all that jazz."  I know speaking for a living isn't always easy, but.....

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

reason for Shawn and leahs matching looks 

I watched the first 5 minutes of Cheers with Leah & Shawn.  In the beginning, they looked all surprised and said it was some sort of coincidence.  Whether it really was or not, who knows?  They also had the same shoe......one of them wore the slide version, the other wore the thong version.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

I ordered the TSV today, must be years since I did , we have been shopping more at Aldi and you need bags with you, 

more money than they are worth but I like the shape , snapping folded is nice too

• Like 5

Oh no! Caro mimicked OAP Ludwig.  Not good.  She made a funny face when imitating her.

1275475865_Screenshot2021-06-162_21_36PM.thumb.png.f085c4ae63b7b383c82da1344ab38afb.png

• Surprise 9

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Leah looks GREAT!

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Leah looks GREAT!

• Like 6

Early throwback Wednesday.. Diva in 1993..NM.. i'll be back

"You won't see me for two weeks but Gary will be here but with other hosts (makes a sad face) -- Mary Beth, Amy, Shawn.....it's a good thing I like them"

• Surprise 12
  • Sad 1

Here we go.. Throw back Wednesday (screw Thursday).  Diva, 1993

davidvenable19933.jpg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 6

Chuckles when talking about how her mother, who owns two white cats, needs a lint brush to wipe their hair off her clothes.

I'm beginning to think Carolyn has been a bad seed since infancy.  Nature, not nurture.

Born mean and mad.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Boston said:

Here we go.. Throw back Wednesday (screw Thursday).  Diva, 1993

davidvenable19933.jpg

His body finally caught up with his head. 

• Laugh 16

Caro presenting the DynaTrap portable bug zapper with Sean Pickford. The zapper is like a huge fly swatter except it electrifies the bugs. I have a product idea for Sean. How about the CaroTrap Zapper? Every time she hurls an insult, does a model feet pose, wears something too tight, or is generally her overbearing self, the nearest person zaps her with the CaroTrap. I think Gary will be first in line in the ordering queue, followed by everyone else she’s ever worked with.

94F0968B-E809-4302-9C58-AECC6072E83E.thumb.jpeg.7489b5de2150766f75fd8ceb95cc4281.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Caro presenting the DynaTrap portable bug zapper with Sean Pickford. The zapper is like a huge fly swatter except it electrifies the bugs. I have a product idea for Sean. How about the CaroTrap Zapper? Every time she hurls an insult, does a model feet pose, wears something too tight, or is generally her overbearing self, the nearest person zaps her with the CaroTrap. I think Gary will be first in line in the ordering queue, followed by everyone else she’s ever worked with.

94F0968B-E809-4302-9C58-AECC6072E83E.thumb.jpeg.7489b5de2150766f75fd8ceb95cc4281.jpeg

I have one of those. It's about five years old. I don't remember where I bought it, but I'm pretty sure it was from a local store. I never realized it was a DynaTrap brand until I checked it just now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Does that zapper thing work on stuffed squirrels?

Or obnoxious hosts ?

• Laugh 11

Model, Victoria, on HSN is the carbon of model, Stacy, on QVC. 
Statuesque at 6’, and stunningly runway beautiful; but also, with an elegant, sophisticated presence. No preening, prancing, or self promotion. They display the product with class and calm. 

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 8

Is it just me or does it bother anyone else when the hosts say things like, "This is going to be red," or any other color/style. It is NOT going to be - it already is! Why not just say, "This color is red." I have heard most of them do this and it is stupid. And I won't even watch the show "On the Daily" because I just can't handle what they are doing to the English language.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 17

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.