Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

53 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

What a stupid, disingenuous thing for David to say about a product that has his brand name on it, and not on the back but right on the front!

Sundays were the day my husband and I would watch ITKWD.  We can't anymore.  He is so full of himself in a way he hasn't been before.  I know he was always pretty self-important, but lately he's just become unwatchable for us.  The repetitive product doesn't help, either.

The cutting board is sold out. What next ?  Perhaps Tara could put happy dancing Dave on some dishes. What should be the next David product ?

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 3

35 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Jacqui with a Mimosa on Q2.

189433464_jacquimimosa.thumb.png.450a9301ab8ed7c6bd28dba9fdd1f2f2.png

Jacqui has a pretty nice view from her window.

Perhaps I shouldn't have given the side eye to her alleged background of personal shopping for the rich and famous.

Sounded like some LinkedIn embellishment to me, but perhaps it is true. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Can I ask a dumb question.......who is Jacqui?

The OAP for Isaac. Her full name is Jaqui Stafford.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lady J said:

The cutting board is sold out. What next ?  Perhaps Tara could put happy dancing Dave on some dishes. What should be the next David product ?

I'm torn between Happy Dance laxatives for all that mac and cheese or a Happy Dance plunger...for all that mac and cheese.

• Laugh 15

29 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

The OAP for Isaac. Her full name is Jaqui Stafford.

I thought that might be her. Man she looks different in that photo. That's when I thought there must be another OAP named Jacqui. 

Wowza.

• Laugh 4

35 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

What should be the next David product ?

Happy Dance with Diva NutriSystem?

• Laugh 9

17 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Happy Dance with Diva NutriSystem?

never happen

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, Lady J said:

A very special edition Medic Alert bracelet, exclusive to QVC and ITKWD.

It automatically calls 911 if you are eating any of David's Half Homemade recipes, to alert the hospital to get the angioplasty instruments ready for your arrival.

It will account for differing levels of urgency, depending on what you ate and quantity consumed.

Example:

Mac and cheese with bacon and 14 different cheeses:

One serving:  Ready the heart monitor

Three quarters of a baking dish:  Sterilize the unclogging equipment

Buy as many as you want.

Store in your gift closet.

Give out at Christmas for immediate use, after you've served the donut bread pudding. 

Comes in 12 colors. 

• Laugh 19

8 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Soon the Q will have to run a public service announcement:

"We, here at QVC, do not endorse the drinking of any alcoholic beverage while operating heavy machinery.  However, we do hope you will be double-fisting any distilled grain or fermented grape thirst quencher that will inebriate you to the point of wanting to buy as many Jimmy the Baker's crumb cakes and colorful Tolani tops as your giggly self sees fit to do."

Sure.  Just like the at-home parties where adult beverages are served.  Inhibitions lessened = more sales.

Back to:an earlier post, I have not noticed that the wine in JRT’s glass gets any lower.  It is a prop, unlike Shawn’s use.  (I don’t really care if Shawn is drinking,  but don’t want other who care, to think JRT is in the  same sales mode.)

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5

Susan Graver:  "Women tell me they've changed over their entire wardrobe to liquid knit."

Well, they're just nuts. 

Jen (wearing Susan's tie sleeve liquid knit top): "I'm 5'6" and wearing the xx small."

Then, without mentioning the dwindling pandemic, but planting a seed that another cause of death is right around the corner:  "Life's just too short to be uncomfortable."

The top was pulling under her arms, but baggy all over the body of the shirt.  Same fit on an even slimmer, less busty Kadisha.

Pulling is not comfortable.  It's right up there in annoyance with an itchy sweater or fly buzzing around your face.

I guess with all of Susan's attention to creating a properly fitted trouser, she totally forgot about properly fitting a top.🤷‍♀️

Edited by CandyApple
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

Jen, Rachel, and Isaac are all talking at once.

Is no one in charge?

Totally convinced the producers are too busy drinking the prop wine left over from previous shows (well, at least Leah's portion).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Caro is hopeless. I find it amazing that she can continue to find ways to look worse than  before. 
BTW, I’d say her middle and Diamond Dave’s are about even. Maybe they can join together for one more “host name” product. This time, a clothing line:

“David and Carolyn’s BELLY BUSTERS”. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

20 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Jill (calling Martha the night before the show):  qvc-jill-martha-stewart-scaled-e1623547370194-980x551.thumb.jpg.440595f5463764d37f99a73b383292e9.jpg

"Hi, Martha!  I thought it would be enjoyable if we wore coordinating denim outfits."

Martha: "That would be a good thing."

Betting Jill has the framed version by her bedside.

American Qothic

Jilly best beware Mart’s mighty pitchfork.

• Laugh 10

22 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Caro is hopeless. I find it amazing that she can continue to find ways to look worse than  before. 

its not her fault that she looks awful in the TSV, it is the stylist's fault for a lousy job of doing it or not finding her a better option 

I think by the way she was scarved and jacketed she was uncomfortable in the jumpsuit 

see I am trying to be nice 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Caro has said a few times that she doesn’t listen to the stylists. That at her age she prefers to make her own choices…especially for shoes. Given her strong personality, I believe she does just that.
You are to be applauded for your benevolence 👏😉

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Caro has said a few times that she doesn’t listen to the stylists. That at her age she prefers to make her own choices…especially for shoes. Given her strong personality, I believe she does just that.
You are to be applauded for your benevolence 👏😉

and we see the results,  

that i didn't know 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

14 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

That at her age she prefers to make her own choices…

but she isn't really choosing for herself she is wearing the clothes to sell them for a business , therefore she should look better 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Speaking of Caro...Today’s ensemble -

4EF38B3B-7CC6-4BE8-BAFD-F4735782B97E.thumb.jpeg.f2750919b327901a1594b0267eb8655f.jpeg

82B2115B-58DA-4F5E-A0C8-F9E1F2CE5186.thumb.jpeg.fb29b5685aec061e3aeef05a0d302388.jpeg

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 7

21 minutes ago, Booney said:

4EF38B3B-7CC6-4BE8-BAFD-F4735782B97E.thumb.jpeg.f2750919b327901a1594b0267eb8655f.jpeg

82B2115B-58DA-4F5E-A0C8-F9E1F2CE5186.thumb.jpeg.fb29b5685aec061e3aeef05a0d302388.jpeg

No words. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

One would think this look says: 

"I don't care.  I'm getting paid anyway."

or

"Maybe my prescription needs an increase in magnification."

But the way she examines herself in the monitor and poses, she really thinks she looks good.

Straw hair.  Sloppy clothes.  No, you don't.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

10 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

One would think this look says: 

"I don't care.  I'm getting paid anyway."

or

"Maybe my prescription needs an increase in magnification."

But the way she examines herself in the monitor and poses, she really thinks she looks good.

Straw hair.  Sloppy clothes.  No, you don't.

She really does. When she was presenting that jacket - zipping, unzipping, twirling around - she was just so full of herself. Confidence is a good thing...until it crosses over into delusion. Carolyn is on the delusional end of the spectrum.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Well, it could be worse, Caro could add the half tuck to her outfit. I swear every time I see a half tuck I think they didn’t look in a mirror before they exited the ladies room.

• Like 14

Sure, a host should get bonus points for wearing the clothing they are selling at their place of business.

But if those clothes are ill-fitting and unattractive on you, then that doesn't make you or your place of business look good.

There are a lot of fuller-figured women shopping at the Q for fashion. And the cut of the clothing they sell, while available in larger sizes is, much of the time, not flattering.

It seems like QVC does not make use of focus groups, where different demographics can express what they want and what they don't want in clothing.

Marla Wynne does this. She seems very interested in pleasing her customers.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Caro modeling and selling clothing makes as much sense as the UnWashedOne demonstrating and selling beauty products (and clothing.  Or anything).

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I'm getting Cuckoo's Nest vibes from this outfit.

Cuckoo.jpeg

• Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

That’s the best I e seen Caro looking in ages! It’s Sporty Caro!

The leg posing though… kills me! 🙂

• Laugh 9

Marybeth, introducing Jamie from Zuda:

"She's kind of a wellness, fitness, etc. kind of gal."

As sweet as Mary Beth is, her introductions are often a bit belittling.

• Like 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Getting more and more disgusted with Carolyn every day.  Landed on Q3 and there she was with an early morning Carolyn's Closet, making fun of Gary yet again:  "Do you think he's still asleep at this hour?  I'm sure he's putting on eye cream and a beauty mask."

Gracie follows this up with:  "I'll bet Gary, if he's listening, would want to reach into the t.v. screen and strangle me"

I'm not a violent person.  Perhaps a good on-air throttling would suffice for this bitch.

• Like 11
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

7pboR2G.gif    Jack can't get over how silly Caro looks. 

• Laugh 11

Just to complete the Caro fashion show for today, here she is in the TSV. This ensemble warranted metallic sneakers, lol. 

BB98F578-A817-46EE-AB02-D8CB56E62100.thumb.jpeg.64cf0de05a06704ffeb3b93395be53ac.jpeg

FB8BB1BA-4E20-442B-BD9C-C5839EFE3338.thumb.jpeg.e8749f5202296a722742376e2e8484fa.jpeg

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 7

24 minutes ago, Booney said:

Just to complete the Caro fashion show for today, here she is in the TSV. This ensemble warranted metallic sneakers, lol. 

BB98F578-A817-46EE-AB02-D8CB56E62100.thumb.jpeg.64cf0de05a06704ffeb3b93395be53ac.jpeg

FB8BB1BA-4E20-442B-BD9C-C5839EFE3338.thumb.jpeg.e8749f5202296a722742376e2e8484fa.jpeg

OMG.  That's all folks.

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Full disclosure. I wear metallic sneakers. They are a muted pewter. But you can’t wear them with everything… like that jumpsuit. 

• Like 8

There is nothing wrong with Caro’s outfit today, that a little tweaking couldn’t fix.

B7211012-675D-4A30-8A7B-D548B627F68C.jpeg.c03cd3cb85e7076a1d61bd76a40e0a18.jpeg

• a trim
  • a brush
  • a case for contacts she’s going to try
  • a scissors to cut off the scarf
  • a small make up bag to add some polish
  • a necklace with a little presence
  • a bolt of fabric to help that jacket
  • a scissors to alter the pants slightly
  • a nice espadrille just for the presentation (some have a nice touch of metallic)

Some minor changes, and she’d be all set. 😅

• Like 5
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Tough love moment for snarkers:

She's never going to dress in a figure-flattering manner.

She's never going to condition her hair.

She's never going to put three pieces of clothing together that coordinate.

She's never going to see what we see.

She's never going to change.

We can only change our attitude towards her.

Now buck up, gird your loins, and ready yourself for the next fashion disaster tomorrow.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

I almost forgot:  

"Gary is such a diva!"

5 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Getting more and more disgusted with Carolyn every day.  Landed on Q3 and there she was with an early morning Carolyn's Closet, making fun of Gary yet again:  "Do you think he's still asleep at this hour?  I'm sure he's putting on eye cream and a beauty mask."

I may be going out on a limb here. I didn't see the show where Caro made these comments, so just going by the quotes written here. Is there a slight homophobic slant to her digs at Gary ? I don't know anything about Gary's personal situation, so maybe that even doesn't apply, but just a thought. Didn't she joke about his manhood on a previous show when she said Acorn was the only male ? Even if she's "just kidding" and wasn't intending to relate it to whatever may be his sexual orientation, the comments are still nasty and unnecessary and just basically bitchy. 😟

• Like 18
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

I may be going out on a limb here. I didn't see the show where Caro made these comments, so just going by the quotes written here. Is there a slight homophobic slant to her digs at Gary ? I don't know anything about Gary's personal situation, so maybe that even doesn't apply, but just a thought. Didn't she joke about his manhood on a previous show when she said Acorn was the only male ? Even if she's "just kidding" and wasn't intending to relate it to whatever may be his sexual orientation, the comments are still nasty and unnecessary and just basically bitchy. 😟

just basically bitchy. 😟

IMO, you nailed it.

• Like 13
  • Surprise 1

6 hours ago, Friday said:

Caro modeling and selling clothing makes as much sense as the UnWashedOne demonstrating and selling beauty products (and clothing.  Or anything).

Ironically, both sell and sell and sell…

which tells me the Q DOES know their customer…

perfectly imperfect everyday women who buy because they’ve always bought

and will continue to buy because they are now hard wired to BELIEVE

there are no good alternatives.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Booney said:

I’m sure she really cares while counting piles of money on her kitchen table.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Yes, her comments are homophobic, harrassing, ignorant and ballsy, to say the least. How she's allowed to do this is beyond me. Gary should sue her. She also needs to knock off the stupid squirrel shit. 

• Like 8

Something else while I'm on my rant. Why does Stran have to put on every single item??? I think she's had on six things so far.

13 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Ironically, both sell and sell and sell…

which tells me the Q DOES know their customer…

perfectly imperfect everyday women who buy because they’ve always bought

and will continue to buy because they are now hard wired to BELIEVE

there are no good alternatives.

Until they all die off and then what will Q do?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

To add insult to injury, does the tsv have lettuce edge trim too?  I've said it before, the Q needs to ditch the AnyBody line!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Something else while I'm on my rant. Why does Stran have to put on every single item??? I think she's had on six things so far.

Until they all die off and then what will Q do?

Oooh. You of little faith…

This is a legacy thing…

”I watched with my grandmother after school. Now MY granddaughter and I…”

”My daughter loooves your shoe shows”

”Hunks of Q meat have graced our holiday table for 25 years!”

• Laugh 9

4 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Oooh. You of little faith…

This is a legacy thing…

”I watched with my grandmother after school. Now MY granddaughter and I…”

”My daughter loooves your shoe shows”

”Hunks of Q meat have graced our holiday table for 25 years!”

I see what you did there ... QVC is a long-running soap opera! People are loyal to the characters.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I see what you did there ... QVC is a long-running soap opera! People are loyal to the characters.

Bingo! 

Who really needs a 35th Dooney bag?…but…it gets you a cameo on your favorite saga discussing (with an adored huckster*) the long-running story line of quality, value and convenience.

*insert tears and wild-assed testimonials

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I didn’t see Caro on air,  but IMO jumpsuits are not meant for those of us with a thick middle.  I would need three layers of Spanx and that would make using the bathroom even more of a hassle! 😁😁

Also agree that her comments to Gary are unkind and homophobic.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 9
  • Surprise 1

“Flight LOCO2021, you are cleared for takeoff.”

B4CE8DB1-E159-4804-B07B-9A9670E97038.thumb.jpeg.5d3a28a9538cb0d5af2d9b2ffa474977.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 4

17 minutes ago, Booney said:

“Flight LOCO2021, you are cleared for takeoff.”

B4CE8DB1-E159-4804-B07B-9A9670E97038.thumb.jpeg.5d3a28a9538cb0d5af2d9b2ffa474977.jpeg

WTF is she wearing?

If I were new to the channel and I tuned in and saw this, I would run very, very fast.  Likewise, if I saw someone on the street dressed like this (and thank God, I don't).

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.