Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Carolyn (Q2/encore D&C)

"Don't dilly dally."

The number of times she said it cancelled out any intended cuteness.

Any way to sic a stuffed squirrel on someone?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

she does squeal a lot

Then there is Carolyn's "dolphin" laugh, the only female host to do this along with Rick and David.   

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Model Maria looks beautiful with the bob hairstyle. 👏

Maria is a very pretty.  Her hair looks nice.  I'm almost positive that is not a wig.

1674888833_Screenshot2021-10-2010_37_36AM.thumb.png.10ed7ba84999d55fd7bb492c7b273000.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Then there is Carolyn's "dolphin" laugh, the only female host to do this along with Rick and David.   

Hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha!

misc pics animals dolphin laugh 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

That Tweaked guy is so gross ! Is he as skeevy as he appears ? Did he used to sell something else?

And what is with the big weird hair on the models ! Does anyone really think I that looks good ?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, orangekit said:

That Tweaked guy is so gross ! Is he as skeevy as he appears ? Did he used to sell something else?

And what is with the big weird hair on the models ! Does anyone really think I that looks good ?

He sold Ojon before.

He does that over-the-top hairstyling like Nick used to do.  I think you need a LOT of product (other than shampoo and conditioner) and professional blow-drying and styling to achieve those looks!  Not that we’d want to.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

and that infernal clapping as well 

• Like 5

With reference to a host being prepared, knowing the products being presented and able to demonstrate them…

I give you Rick and Jayne, trying to demonstrate the Hand Controlled Drone (T39522).

There are no reports of drone survivors. 

Mea Culpa, Monifa. 🤦‍♀️

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, orangekit said:

DE308189-C3A9-44D7-A16F-153525C30304.jpeg.ae1cf7d02e3589ecc7e05dbfa51b5bd3.jpeg

To what “big weird hair on the models” are you referring? 😉

😂😂 Of course there are more examples.

How many inches high off their heads are these hair styles?

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

DE308189-C3A9-44D7-A16F-153525C30304.jpeg.ae1cf7d02e3589ecc7e05dbfa51b5bd3.jpeg

To what “big weird hair on the models” are you referring? 😉

😂😂 Of course there are more examples.

How many inches high off their heads are these hair styles?

Honestly, I see NOBODY with hair like this out in the wild!

He's doing such a disservice to his product - no need to over dramatize its effectiveness if it truly works.  I've used a couple of his shampoos/conditioners and have no complaints, but creating this "big hair" to sell his product is ridiculous and disingenuous. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery · Reason: It's "its" not it's !
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

40 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Honestly, I see NOBODY with hair like this out in the wild!

Because they're typically on lockdown, with only the occasional day pass.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Meantime, Lid Burphy and Heidi Daus want to sell me a brooch that’s been in a “drive-by”… for $150+  

(Pic wouldn’t post 😵💫)

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, orangekit said:

That's most definitely not a selling point for me.  If I saw someone out in public with those hair styles my only reaction would be YIKES!!!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Rick:  "Growing up, I didn't have sweet potatoes.  I had mashed potatoes."

No blame was laid on Minnesota.  At least none that I heard. 

I once worked with a guy that was around 30 years old and never ate an orange.

Thank goodness he didn't use being from Long Island as an excuse.

🙄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

9 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I don't blame him.  I'm from America's Hat and sweet potatoes weren't much of a thing there.

Personally, having had them after I got here I don't like them.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Friday said:

Jane, while talking to the Spenco doc:  It's saved my daughter's feet I mean she gets sometimes my girls get recognized or they get messaged on Instagram and it's like let's have the Spenco conversation like now if you love your Uni's (unis's???)....." 

What the hell did her daughters have to do with that shoe conversation?  There was no context for that part.

And that garbled text was in her words. 

Because it isn't a complete Jane presentation unless she mentions her daughters 50 times during the show. If it isn't her daughters then she's saying "oh ma gosh" a 100x during the show......

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

5 hours ago, orangekit said:

Those huge hair styles are aging. All of the mature models look younger in the before pictures.

• Like 14

Never have sound on for the Gourmet shitshow, but just as I hit the button to get some info on the TSV, they took a call from a woman who cheerily opened with, “Hello, Hansel and Gretle!”

The rocket was launched💥💥

CLICK!!

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, orangekit said:

The black shoe polish in his facial hair is what gags me

• Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Because they're typically on lockdown, with only the occasional day pass.

It's so dated, I bet if we look back at high school yearbooks from the 60s most girls would be sporting that style....for the life of me I have no idea why the model is constantly shown wearing it. I don't really watch the Tweaked shows because how many times can you listen to the same story over and over about his Mawm. It's almost as monotonous like Josie Maran and her French lady story only she tries to imitate the French lady's accent and fails miserably....

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I once worked with a guy that was around 30 years old and never ate an orange.

Thank goodness he didn't use being from Long Island as an excuse.

🙄

My darling old mum has told me for years and assures me to this day that after WWII when the food rationing started to ease off, a boy she knew got his hands on a banana, ate it and died. 
His digestive system couldn’t handle this exotic commodity, it seems. 
No I don’t believe it either but she’s 89 now and I’m not arguing with her!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Selling the TSV, Alberti says he can hear his mother saying right now that she needs a break from cooking.

Why is Alberti's mother "cooking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for everybody"?

I don't think she is a caterer or works in a restaurant.

Maybe bro and fam can cook for mom for a change.

Watching all of Rachel's antics, I've come to the conclusion that she thinks she is selling to four year olds, albeit ones whose piggy banks contain enough money to pay for QVC-priced food.

Another foolish display below:
https://www.qvc.com/DC-Cakes-(2)-15-lbs-Original-or-Pumpkin-Loaf-Cake.product.M80874.html?sc=IROA

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Is it just me or does Blabby Jane say "and" really strangely? I can't quite figure out what she is doing, but it is very distracting. Something with the 'a.' Always bothers me. So, I try not to watch, but since she is on 24/7, sometimes I am subjected to her until I can get to the remote.

I truly do think she lives there so won't miss anything or an opportunity to get on the stage.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Is it just me or does Blabby Jane say "and" really strangely? I can't quite figure out what she is doing, but it is very distracting. Something with the 'a.' Always bothers me.

Yes !!!  She draws out the 'a' making it a two syllable word. Ah - and. Bugs me too ! 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 2

David's bracelet is tighter and more painful looking than ever.

I think it is time to unscrew it and size up.

If it were me, I would care less about sentimentality and more about life-giving circulation.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Is it just me or does Blabby Jane say "and" really strangely? I can't quite figure out what she is doing, but it is very distracting. Something with the 'a.' Always bothers me. So, I try not to watch, but since she is on 24/7, sometimes I am subjected to her until I can get to the remote.

I truly do think she lives there so won't miss anything or an opportunity to get on the stage.

Janie is ALWAYS ready for her close-up.

• Laugh 2

27 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1597445398_albertieating102021croprev.gif.1b6f21941bc9ab3d164178439db98e18.gif

Why, why, WHY?  It's such a turnoff.  Both the tv and my appetite.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

15 minutes ago, Friday said:

Why, why, WHY?  It's such a turnoff.  Both the tv and my appetite.

As was the slice of sweet potato cake fighting with the slice of pumpkin cake.

Rachel put them at odds with each other.

🙄

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

The Tweak’d guy is so full of crap, yesterday he said when he was looking for these “rare ingredients” Smithsonian magazine followed him down the Amazon, I googled it, there’s nothing on the net, if they did…there would have been. And for him discovering this miracle does he think we’re stupid?? When he started selling Ojon with his first wife on the Q he said he found a jar in his wife’s grandmother’s medicine cabinet ( what the hell was he doing nosying in grannies medicine cabinet. ) he also said he supports these villages, there’s no mention of it anywhere that he is a philanthropist. He’s full of crap.

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Amy wanted us to guess the designer of the clothes she was showing, giving us clues:

-married to Harry Hamlin

-has an amazing figure

-something else I can't recall because I was stuck on the "amazing figure" part

Yes, Lisa R. wears her clothes well, but so does a wire hanger.

And now, another TMI Moment with Amy:

Amy shared that while her self tanner is usually sticky, tonight it is more slimy, so her microphone slid down.

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.