Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

26 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I feel like I am watching a reality show.

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yep, Mary D. has hosted 4 hours today in a split shift and is now going to co-host 2 hours of Gourmet Holiday with Mary Beth in a "Mary-Thon".

Mary talked about her uncle Bill Green. He retired recently from News Center Maine. Great broadcaster.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Gourmet Holiday

Peanut Butter Corn Flake Cereal Bars

$34.25 for 18 bars

How much does it cost to make Rice Krispy Treats?

Probably just need to move the decimal to the left once or twice.

Cheap ingredients.  Expensive chatter.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 5

2 minutes ago, rcc said:

I feel like I am watching a reality show.

I'm afraid that was her intention.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Gourmet Holiday

Peanut Butter Corn Flake Cereal Bars

$34.25 for 18 bars

How much does it cost to make Rice Krispy Treats?

Probably just need to move the decimal to the left once or twice.

Cheap ingredients.  Expensive chatter.

Let me think. I believe this involves a cup of Karo Syrup, a cup of peanut butter, some sugar*. Melt, stir in cornflakes. All store brand ingredients will give you the same results. 
*exact amounts unknown off the top of my head. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

I wonder if the bread pudding David just presented was the donut one or another variety.

It had ham and some sugary looking sauce poured over the top.

Nothing like condensing your calories and chances for a coronary into one convenient pan.

He doesn't seem worried.

Cha-ching!!!  $$$$

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

1 minute ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Dave is an excellent “sauce pourer”...🤦‍♀️

Ha. I’ve stated before he does a shit job of food presentation. His saucing and garnishing skills are weak. Sauce requires skill to get the correct sauce to food ratio. 
My brother is a real chef. His handle is Sauce Daddy. 

• Like 14

Why would anyone spend a dime for David’s cookbook?  Stuffed peppers?  Fried chicken? Mac & Cheese?  Chocolate chip cookies?  Donut bread pudding? A whole chapter for cast iron pans?  Nothing is new or innovative.  Everything is cholesterol filled and quite yucky looking.  The real book title should be Half Homemade-Half Baked And Mostly Silly for the Gullible Fans. 

Here’s something else I don’t get.  Why do people always say “I LOVE you so much.  I really do love you”.  I think these people really think they love the hosts.  How the hell can you love someone you’ve never met?  Do they think the hosts love them back?  I just want to scream at them that these hosts don’t know you, they don’t want to know you and all they want is your $$$.  

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, CandyApple said:

I wonder if the bread pudding David just presented was the donut one or another variety.

It had ham and some sugary looking sauce poured over the top.

Nothing like condensing your calories and chances for a coronary into one convenient pan.

He doesn't seem worried.

Cha-ching!!!  $$$$

It was the donut one (maybe stale donuts?).  Another 3500 cookbooks gone and counting.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

Maybe Ant can set up a GoFundMe page for Diamond Dave and spare us all the pain of his self promotion and gooey peer adulation. A normal person would be embarrassed. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

4 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Maybe Ant can set up a GoFundMe page for Diamond Dave and spare us all the pain of his self promotion and gooey peer adulation. A normal person would be embarrassed. 

Dave sold out years ago. Now he’s a cartoon, a well compensated cartoon.

• Like 17

I heard MBR exclaim, while sampling one of Big Dave's almost food recipes, that she couldn't tell if she was eating chicken or beef.  Is that supposed to be a selling point, his recipes taste like mystery meat???

• Like 1
  • Laugh 23
  • Surprise 2

World's most nauseating caller on the line, crying about how much she loves the Green Head lobsters.

She gives them 20 stars.

Picturing a freezer filled only with lobster tails, lobster magnets decorating the outside, holding up photos of lobsters.

Probably sleeps with a lobster stuffed animal and maybe even awkwardly tries to walk one on a leash.

Rachel, Alberti,  and OAP nodded and smiled politely, probably hoping the plug would be pulled on this holy hell of a call.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

9 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

World's most nauseating caller on the line, crying about how much she loves the Green Head lobsters.

She gives them 20 stars.

Picturing a freezer filled only with lobster tails, lobster magnets decorating the outside, holding up photos of lobsters.

Probably sleeps with a lobster stuffed animal and maybe even awkwardly tries to walk one on a leash.

Rachel, Alberti,  and OAP nodded and smiled politely, probably hoping the plug would be pulled on this holy hell of a call.

I heard a bit of that call.  Had to change the channel because she was so over the top.

• Like 7

Oh Oh!  Some anger developing about not getting the special Facebook invite email!

Mary said today that you need to opt in for QVC emails,  so that's likely the issue.

"I don't use email, can I still join the Facebook group?"

No email but a FB user, that seems odd.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

37 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

San Quentin viewer. 

• Laugh 15

43 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I do not wish to offend anyone who has or has had a medical crisis, but Antonella Nester is no hero, no victim, and no model to be duplicated imo.

For her to sit there and forcibly remove hanks of her hair, for the purpose of filming same for unknown "fan" consumption, is at the very least off-putting to me.  I could just as easily believe that the inexplicable blond hair transformation of a few years back might cause that result.

I wish her well, and I also wish her to stay off of social media, and off my computer.

ITA! She makes sure that her husband shows the hair he shaved to the camera when he let the first piece of hair fall without showing her fans aka donors the hair! 
I have family members and close friends who have lost hair to cancer her need to have a reality show Is off putting ! 
There's a post chemo video where she actually describes blowing her nose and how hair comes out of her nose !  Who shares that ?  Of course even while she's sick in bed she tells her followers to subscribe and click to "help" her family , meaning she gets money for the reality show !

Her GoFundMe is now over $100.000 and her followers are saying how no one is more deserving even though they assume she and  her husband had severance packages ! Really?

I'm sure many spouses of cancer patients would be working at a store to provide insurance and not have money to buy a yacht and live out a college dream with their 30 year old son while the family member is in treatment !  Don't her donors wonder how they bought a yacht and planned to live on the boat before she was diagnosed and had a GoFundMe set up ? 
I am surprised her hair even had to be shaved since she damaged it so bad with that horrible bleach and dye job! BTW she was able to buy a  year's supply of color she showed everyone which now she obviously doesn't need . 

• Like 8
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

Did I detect a bit of smugness from Diva when he was demo-ing his surf 'n turf burger?

I'm loving seeing all the comments from the disgruntled fans who didn't receive their special Facebook group invite for Diva's cookbook.

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: Added content
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

6 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

I'm loving seeing all the comments from the disgruntled fans who didn't receive their special Facebook group invite for Diva's cookbook.

Not only are they commenting, but they are leaving reviews for the book that won't be released for 6 months and giving the book 2 stars! Their review system over there shouldn't even be turned on for this item yet. But, it's pretty funny, because the other books are all 5 star rated in anticipation of how amazing it will be. I wonder if once they realize these ratings are tanking the overall review, they will delete or turn off the system.  Yet another epic fail as to the selling of this book. Too funny!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Oh Oh!  Some anger developing about not getting the special Facebook invite email!

Mary said today that you need to opt in for QVC emails,  so that's likely the issue.

"I don't use email, can I still join the Facebook group?"

Many people nowadays have stopped using e-mail. They use text messages instead.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Gingerpuss is giving Jen Coffey a run for the money in the facial expressions category. Gingermations?

52804A1A-DE7B-434C-9EE0-A03097D92083.thumb.jpeg.104b80385736de97dc4c1b80c4922c92.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

While he and Sandra flogged the stuffing out of his new cookbook, Divine Dave assured us he’s “tasted” every recipe in the book. 

Tasted?

Seriously?

There was no mention of actual participation in the development of any recipes.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

While he and Sandra flogged the stuffing out of his new cookbook, Divine Dave assured us he’s “tasted” every recipe in the book. 

Tasted?

Seriously?

There was no mention of actual participation in the development of any recipes.

Sandra’s fawning was over the top. She claimed that the new cookbook was his best yet, and that she cooks from all his cookbooks. Why do I have a hard time believing that? She ended the segment by gushing that David is so deserving of success, to which he replied, “I’m humbled,” making sure he had on his humble face. It was laughable.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Booney said:

Gingerpuss is giving Jen Coffey a run for the money in the facial expressions category. Gingermations?

52804A1A-DE7B-434C-9EE0-A03097D92083.thumb.jpeg.104b80385736de97dc4c1b80c4922c92.jpeg

Her half-tuck is not very flattering.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

3 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1988402722_leahfb060921.PNG.cfa99213cafae6301408ec1096ea18f9.PNG

Oh, oh, oh! 😳😃 + 🤣

What do we have here?

Leah just roasted Shawn!!! And she didn’t even preheat the oven.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 17

6 hours ago, Friday said:

I heard MBR exclaim, while sampling one of Big Dave's almost food recipes, that she couldn't tell if she was eating chicken or beef.  Is that supposed to be a selling point, his recipes taste like mystery meat???

That cracks me up!  “Almost food recipes!” 😂🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I chuckled over the cauliflower rice maker the rep said he lost 30 lbs by cutting carbs Diva just glossed over that like he just can’t relate 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Laura Geller Tinted Bronze Spackle Primer

I don't understand.

As a primer, won't the bronze be covered with other makeup?

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

46 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Laura Geller Tinted Bronze Spackle Primer

I don't understand.

As a primer, won't the bronze be covered with other makeup?

I’ve used it by itself just to give my face some color.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

What I would give to know what transpired to bring us to the Leah Williams, Calm the Storm post. 

Speculation 101 For Beginners

Leah has had enough and felt compelled to “cancel Shawn’s lame storm warning?”

052047DE-DE9F-4B0F-8174-EB677027733B.jpeg.1e721b773aa677b9bc8726e28e11783a.jpeg

😅😅

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Oh, oh, oh! 😳😃 + 🤣

What do we have here?

Leah just roasted Shawn!!! And she didn’t even preheat the oven.

Get the aloe Vera Skunky, cause you got burned ! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

46 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Sandra's dress looks like an abstract vagina print.

I was thinking edgy hard boiled egg halves.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Y'all made me go look!

I kind of agree with the hard boiled eggs illusion. Or maybe cowrie shells?

misc pics QVC Sandra Bennett dress weird print 1 6-10-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

Hi Gang! 🤗

Stopped watching shopping channels for over a year but now I'm back. Nice to see everyone! I missed the snark and the fun, that's for sure! Hoping you all are safe and experiencing good health, enjoying getting back out there as you feel comfortable. 💖

Enjoying this new overnight host from Los Angeles. She seems very professional and has a very smooth and calming voice.So poised and confident! So much better than the strange inconsistency of Celery Lady.

I do wish she would dress up a bit more like a host instead of someone behind the scenes. God forbid I just like someone without finding something to bitch about! 

Edited by seasons
  • Like 21

27 minutes ago, seasons said:

Hi Gang! 🤗

Stopped watching shopping channels for over a year but now I'm back. Nice to see everyone! I missed the snark and the fun, that's for sure! Hoping you all are safe and experiencing good health, enjoying getting back out there as you feel comfortable. 💖

Enjoying this new overnight host from Los Angeles. She seems very professional and has a very smooth and calming voice.So poised and confident! So much better than the strange inconsistency of Celery Lady.

I do wish she would dress up a bit more like a host instead of someone behind the scenes. God forbid I just like someone without finding something to bitch about! 

Welcome back !!!

• Like 4

The hosts can eat again!  Mary Beth enjoys a hot dog. Mary D. looks like she's enjoying a Big O.

misc pics QVC Mary Beth Roe food Kansas City hot dogs 1 6-09-21.jpg

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Y'all made me go look!

I kind of agree with the hard boiled eggs illusion. Or maybe cowrie shells?

misc pics QVC Sandra Bennett dress weird print 1 6-10-21.jpg

It looks like floating bacteria to me. Not the right shoes to wear with it. Her feet look like hooves. 

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The hosts can eat again!  Mary Beth enjoys a hot dog. Mary D. looks like she's enjoying a Big O.

misc pics QVC Mary Beth Roe food Kansas City hot dogs 1 6-09-21.jpg

LOL At first, I thought MB got mustard all over her shirt. The OAP got ketchup and mayo on his. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

15 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Dave is an excellent “sauce pourer”...🤦‍♀️

QVC loves a sauce pour, syrup, gravy, choc 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Sandra's dress looks like an abstract vagina print.

and I was going with an egg or avocado

#eyebleach please

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

5 hours ago, seasons said:

Hi Gang! 🤗

Welcome back, @seasons! We missed you (and Long has too!).

• Like 6

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.