Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

10 hours ago, Friday said:

It really annoys me when David sucks in air through his clenched teeth.

it is, that plastered on smile doesn't help

8 hours ago, Friday said:

GROSS!!!!!!!!!

It looks like something you would see if you overturned a big rock in the forest.  Or wherever. 🤮

🤮

🚽

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

I am so bored with Comfy's divorce story and inspiration. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm not looking this up on ye olde internet, but how old is Jane?  Isn't she right around 60?  60 years ago is 1961, and even if she was born in the late 50s her memory would likely be based on photos.  Just sayin'.

She’s only 57 isn’t she? 

• Surprise 5

Jane's hair gets worse and worse with every show.

I can't even tell what look she's going for anymore. 

• Like 9

I noticed that Diva jumped on the panic buying train last night, reiterating BUY NOW because of the supply chain. My tolerance for him decreases with every viewing.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I am so bored with Comfy's divorce story and inspiration. 

that is what the Q does run that origin story into the ground 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

He has a mac and cheese, bacon pizza recipe video on FB. I threw up a little just watching him make it. OMG calorie overload.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissykr said:

He has a mac and cheese, bacon pizza recipe video on FB. I threw up a little just watching him make it. OMG calorie overload.

Panera has a mac n cheese grilled cheese sandwich

Mr LhK and I thought of Diva when we saw that sign 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Jane's hair gets worse and worse with every show.

I can't even tell what look she's going for anymore. 

it is not a blowout

maybe she doesn't care anymore 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

Panera has a mac n cheese grilled cheese sandwich

Mr LhK and I thought of Diva when we saw that sign 

There's also a pizza chain called Toppers that has both Mac and Cheese and Mac and Cheese pizza on the menu.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

that is what the Q does run that origin story into the ground 

Jeanne Bice is the one that makes me tired 😴

• Like 9

Courtney Cason posted an IG story.  She had returned from Knoxville.    

Isn't that where JTV is located?   Wonder if that is why she was in Knoxville?

Wish I could have done a screen shot of the story before it disappeared. 

• Like 2

Susan Graver's OAP, Beth, was drinking out of a big cup that looked like it had small photos of Susan Graver's head all over it.

I wonder if Susan drinks out of a cup that has tiny pictures of Katya all over it.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

7 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

And the prices!  Yikes!

She resembles someone but the name just won’t come to me.  It’s the eyes.  Maybe it will come to me.  🤪

Is it the Joker?

the joker.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

No comments on Amy Stran's dissing of Isaac M's velvet floral stirrup pants last night? She's normally so positive/gushing about everything she presents, but boy! She told the audience that they should cut the stirrups off!

Also, in the hour or so that I was sort-of watching the clearance show with her, she must have changed outfits 6 times.

• Surprise 10

7 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

No comments on Amy Stran's dissing of Isaac M's velvet floral stirrup pants last night? She's normally so positive/gushing about everything she presents, but boy! She told the audience that they should cut the stirrups off!

Also, in the hour or so that I was sort-of watching the clearance show with her, she must have changed outfits 6 times.

I went over to Q's website and a "stirrup pants" search turned up 37 items.

The last time I wore those was probably during the Reagan Administration. 

I'm not current on this stuff, but are they suddenly fashionable again or are QVC's fashion buyers reliving their childhoods?  Or both?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

20 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

She seems very self conscious and annoyed lately.

Could have something to do with her announcement yesterday that she now wears a 2 instead of a 0.

Not sure if she meant in the Koolaburra joggers she was wearing or in general.

• Laugh 8

9 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Because I'm a nice person most of the time I won't quote that chicken and dumplings pic but my first thought was whether it was something from a medical encyclopedia.  Intestines or something along those lines.

Omg, that's exactly what I thought !  Is that someone's intestines ? Then my second thought was chicken and dumplings. Now that's kind of scary. 😖

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

19 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Could have something to do with her announcement yesterday that she now wears a 2 instead of a 0.

Poor dear. I hope she gets some therapy to deal with the horror. 

• Laugh 14
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

it is, that plastered on smile doesn't help

🤮

🚽

Yes, the DIVA bother the crap out of me.  The sucking in the air, the plastered/dyed hair, just the general look of unhealthiness is such a mess.

• Like 7

Been with the Q for years. Remember when Rick D was hired, and his teaming with Kathy L …even his engagement announcement (complete with pics of the couple on the slopes) and Kathy offering her condolences to Rick’s girl.  My point:  Rick, you’ve made your bones…and millions for the Q. STOP acting like a rookie, whose job depends on his impression with management. It’s tiresome. It’s old. It’s annoying. Give it a fucking rest. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Jeanne Bice is the one that makes me tired 😴

she is in heaven you know

Angel must be so bored with having to go thru that everytime

• Like 12

Tara Tempty’s kitchen runner rugs are hiddy. “These are not ordinary rugs, these are designer quality” she squawks. Designer polyester? Ok.

her Classic tablet holder and utensil crock blaring out the logo “Life is short, lick the bowl” is naff AF too.  Are there no depths of market stall tat that this woman will not stoop to? 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Been with the Q for years. Remember when Rick D was hired, and his teaming with Kathy L …even his engagement announcement (complete with pics of the couple on the slopes) and Kathy offering her condolences to Rick’s girl.  My point:  Rick, you’ve made your bones…and millions for the Q. STOP acting like a rookie, whose job depends on his impression with management. It’s tiresome. It’s old. It’s annoying. Give it a fucking rest. 

At least he doesn't imply that Minnesota is a bagel-free state, like a certain fellow Minnesotan does.

• Laugh 12

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Omg, that's exactly what I thought !  Is that someone's intestines ? Then my second thought was chicken and dumplings. Now that's kind of scary. 😖

Seeing that photo takes intestinal fortitude.

I'll show myself out.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

10 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm not looking this up on ye olde internet, but how old is Jane?  Isn't she right around 60?  60 years ago is 1961, and even if she was born in the late 50s her memory would likely be based on photos.  Just sayin'.

Oh yes, I’m sure it is from photos.  She has said her mother was so stylish.

• Like 4

Just realized I must not know how to double quote — or my iPad’s acting up.  

I watched part of the Ali and VPH show last night and Ali didn’t bother me much, but I can see how she might come across to others.  There were times when, to me, she seemed to be giggling over the absurdity of some of the things she was saying!  

I remember her from Evine when she was either a “fashion expert” or host, or maybe both.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 4

David's undelightful photo of his chicken and dumplings reminds me of something he said during a presentation about a week or two ago:

"I've been in the food business for 28 years."

But how long has he been Our Resident Foodie?

I don't remember seeing him in the kitchen until boring Bob Bowersox and his chef's uniform left QVC for good.

That wasn't 28 years ago.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

David's undelightful photo of his chicken and dumplings reminds me of something he said during a presentation about a week or two ago:

"I've been in the food business for 28 years."

But how long has he been Our Resident Foodie?

I don't remember seeing him in the kitchen until boring Bob Bowersox and his chef's uniform left QVC for good.

That wasn't 28 years ago.

And hasn't he said publicly that after Bob suddenly went bye-bye he was shocked when he was told he was taking Bob's place as the kitchen show guy?

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Maybe Aimes had a bad dream that her now sized 2 hips turned into blabby’s overnight.

• Laugh 10

19 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1417820148_lucienesalomonenosewipejosiemaran101021red.gif.d092af4dadeca09cffc4d1106d5fe3ff.gif

The Josie OAP (I can't recall her name) reminds me of  Julianna Margulies as Vampira.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 4

10 hours ago, Burly said:

She’s only 57 isn’t she? 

59,her date of birth is January 28, 1962

• Useful 4

54 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

The Josie OAP (I can't recall her name) reminds me of  Julianna Margulies as Vampira.

Luciene Salomone

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Kiekaboo said:

Maybe Aimes had a bad dream that her now sized 2 hips turned into blabby’s overnight.

Or she thinks she's about to turn into 🦨, trying to squeeze her fat ass into XS when she needs medium.

• Laugh 6

9 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I went over to Q's website and a "stirrup pants" search turned up 37 items.

The last time I wore those was probably during the Reagan Administration. 

I'm not current on this stuff, but are they suddenly fashionable again or are QVC's fashion buyers reliving their childhoods?  Or both?

I haven't saw or wore stirrup pants since I was in elementary school in the 60's.    

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And hasn't he said publicly that after Bob suddenly went bye-bye he was shocked when he was told he was taking Bob's place as the kitchen show guy?

What ever happened to Bowersox?   Didn't he dress like a chef for his shows?  LOL 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

On 10/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, RubberbandGirl said:

101121.thumb.jpg.b7ffde6c22d3d271febc9e92ff924a44.jpg

That picture actually turns my stomach...🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Just now, dextr1276 said:

That picture actually turns my stomach...🤣🤣🤣🤣

looks like something should be moving around in it.

• Laugh 10

8 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

At least he doesn't imply that Minnesota is a bagel-free state, like a certain fellow Minnesotan does.

Or pronounce 'bagel' as 'begel'....

• Like 5

12 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

it is not a blowout

maybe she doesn't care anymore 

It looks fried, awful style.....

• Like 4

The Bissell guy (Scott?) on right now with Diva looks like Diva.  Same face shape to.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I don't think anyone really knows.  It is really a well-kept secret, it seems.  I think he was told that his contract was not being renewed, but I do not know the backstory.  I seem to be a party of one, but I thought he was a good host.  He was actually a cook with restaurant experience.  He also did a good job on electronics shows, as well as jewelry.  What is odd to me is that there is little to no mention of him if you Google him.  I know he had some acting experience, and was also a screen writer, but he completely disappeared when he left QVC.

• Useful 4

Caught a bit of David Venable tonight. I had never noticed the similarities between big Dave and Mr. Potato Head. Searched for a picture. Found one that suited my interest.

I also did not know there was a Mr. Potato Head show on tv around 1989-1990. They could be brothers.   Apologies in advance if the comparison between the two has already been made.

75D0F2B0-A5F8-4DD7-9ECF-2A43A61D5ED1.thumb.jpeg.117eff8f827bb3bec7cc84d42a00dd2c.jpeg
The original picture of TVs, Mr Potato Head, circa 1989. He happens to be standing in a kitchen in a very Diva Dave kind of way.D5FE6C6E-BE95-479B-8615-438D592E118B.jpeg.c26891d44ce2844f7b8aefb5bc29638e.jpeg

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: ETA: the inspirational pic of Mr. PH
  • Laugh 19

21 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

And the prices!  Yikes!

She resembles someone but the name just won’t come to me.  It’s the eyes.  Maybe it will come to me.  🤪

Meg Ryan? (When Meg had had only a little plastic surgery.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't think anyone really knows.  It is really a well-kept secret, it seems.  I think he was told that his contract was not being renewed, but I do not know the backstory.  I seem to be a party of one, but I thought he was a good host.  He was actually a cook with restaurant experience.  He also did a good job on electronics shows, as well as jewelry.  What is odd to me is that there is little to no mention of him if you Google him.  I know he had some acting experience, and was also a screen writer, but he completely disappeared when he left QVC.

There is information out there about Bob Bowersox, and he has his own website too. He hasn't disappeared. He's had some recent acting jobs. I didn't know anything about him until I researched this. All I knew was that he had been a QVC host, and I didn't remember seeing his shows. (I don't cook much, so I don't usually watch Q cooking shows.) So I was surprised to see how many other entertainment industry things he has done.

Bob has a page on LinkedIn. There are over 10 people with that name on LinkedIn, but I identified him by looking at his work experience and seeing that he was a QVC host for 22 years.

He gives his current job as "Writer/Actor/Producer at Wherever the Work Is, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States."   "About" says: "Over 35 years acting; 21 films (7 as lead); Sitcom (lead); Daytime Drama (recurring supporting player); innumerable TV spots."

Experience:

Playwright/screenwriter, self-employed, March 2000 – present

Resident Playwright, Red Barn Theatre, Key West, FL, Jan 2020, May 2021, I year 5 months

Program Host, QVC Inc, 1986 – 2008, 22 years

Freelance Entertainment Professional, Sox Media LLC, 1984 – March 2000, 16 years. Actor, Voiceover Artist, Spokesperson, Interviewer, Host, Writer

[and similar work]

He has two degrees, PPMFA in Screenwriting, University of California, Los Angeles, 2007, and BA in Journalism, English, Acting, University of Delaware, 1991.

His website is http://www.bobbowersox.com/. It has a long list of his acting and screenwriting jobs, also has his agent's name and contact information. His most recent acting job was a supporting role in the movie "Muti," starring Morgan Freeman. The film will be released "sometime in 2022, with a premiere at the Toronto Film Festival." Bob also wrote the screenplay for the movie.

Pic 1: Bob on LinkedIn. Pic 2: Photo from Bob's website.

misc pics QVC Bob Bowersox LinkedIn 10-15-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Bob Bowersox his website 1 10-15-21.jpg

• Like 6
  • Useful 6

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.