Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

6 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Thought the same thing.  I looked at the shoes online a day or so ago and thought they all look like two year ago styles.  It's not how I remember this shoe sale being when I first started watching.  Just one more thing Q has managed to dilute and mess up with their old merchandise.

I'm sure I've heard before that the shoes are "donated" (Yay, tax-write off!), so they very likely are old merchandise.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

If the shoes were old merchandise, I'm glad they were sold instead of destroyed and sent to a landfill. I was just reading articles today about how design brands, such as Coach bags, and high end design houses will deliberately destroy unsold merchandise (even going so far as to burn it) rather than discount it. There is a big movement now for sustainable fashion, and design houses are being shamed into finding ways to sell or recycle old merchandise.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I saw them very briefly in passing last night. I thought they were spiders. 😀

Yep, I thought oh gross, spiders!

• Like 2

It was definitely a sparse and scaled back show this year compared to the big shindig of earlier years.  At least the total amount raised since inception reached about $60 million. 

I'm sure vendors scrambled to find something they could donate without impacting their inventory too much.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

If the shoes were old merchandise, I'm glad they were sold instead of destroyed and sent to a landfill. I was just reading articles today about how design brands, such as Coach bags, and high end design houses will deliberately destroy unsold merchandise (even going so far as to burn it) rather than discount it. There is a big movement now for sustainable fashion, and design houses are being shamed into finding ways to sell or recycle old merchandise.

They realize too many people will wait to purchase if on sale

Remember when the shoe event was a big event?  Hosts dressed up, hair styled, and celebs in the mix.

• Like 2

Makes me miss Nancy.  I would have much rather seen her host than Jane. Or at least co-host.  Too much Jane with no one else appearing. 

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 10

26 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Makes me miss Nancy.  I would have much rather see her host than Jane. Or at least co-host.  Too much Jane with no one else appearing. 

So true. It makes me miss a lot of the hosts who have come and gone.  QVC really needs to start mix it up on their prime time segments.  Too much of any one host is dull

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

So true. It makes me miss a lot of the hosts who have come and gone.  QVC really needs to start mix it up on their prime time segments.  Too much of any one host is dull

Too much Shawn, Courtney and Jane.   I am so over these 3 clowns.   

Courtney should have stayed true to herself.  She had been influenced way too much by the other 2.

• Like 9

Watching Carolyn (or more accurately "Garolyn") on Q2.  Going back to earlier discussion, there are some OAP's I'd prefer to watch without the host.  Gary Gobin for one.  He seems like a nice guy, (puts up with her passive aggressive comments & knows his products)

Carolyn ordered the producer to show a three shot with her 'posing' on the left, Gary in the middle and Pam on the right.  Carolyn said "look they managed to get Gary in the middle, with his favorite host & favorite model by his side.  Well, I'm assuming I'm your "favorite".  Gary, diplomatically said "you know Carolyn I can't have favorites"....nice answer that spoke volumes!

She next presented D&C pull on straight leg jeans.  She said she was wearing a size 16 in them.  Of course, turning to Pam (who I hope gets hazard pay for working w/this beyoch) she said "Pam honey (ugh, nothing worse than faux sweetness), what size are you wearing?  An 18 or a 20?"  Pam smiled back at her & said "I'm also in a 16." Carolyn quickly turned back to the rack & re-reviewed colors.

Way to go Pam!!!🤣

• Like 3
  • Laugh 21
  • Sad 1

“MBR and The Brothas”.  Whoever scheduled that combo  hit pure genius. She was having a great time, did a good job, and the guys seemed to really enjoy her. So did I.
👏 all ‘round!

Now, stay tuned for the following “lunatic fringe”…🤯

• Like 4

Speaking of seeing the same old (literally & figuratively!) hosts, for the most part I like when they allow OAP to do "solo" shows ( mainly on Q2). Currently I'm watching Jackie (?sp) Stafford presenting an hour of Isaac Mizahri.  No silly scenarios, she provides sizing, colors, inseam, and how item fits. On occasion will throws in styling tips, showed how you can incorporate a simple scarf to add to a basic t-shirt. She said "I like to educate the viewers", It's refreshing to watch a straight forward presentation about what's being sold.

Compared to the Jennifer/Isaac combo on the Q; where I have to endure Jennifer (who is also uses the Amy's "I'm so fat/cellulite laments- which an instant click for me), Isaac's non stop chatter while hosts compete to talk over him, telling his same old stories & using cutesy monikers for the models.  It's so obvious that most of the time he's done zero prep work prior...he seems at time to be surprised by the outfit/the colors etc....  He does know the Pima cotton story, but that's about it!

• Like 9

Mary Beth is a real football fan and really seems to enjoy herself during these shows.

More comfortable on the field than in the kitchen. 

• Like 10

On 10/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, Friday said:

I can't either, OM😂

And it's hard 🤪  to ignore those phallic candles.

😂, I'm done now.  Thanks, MB, you truly are a saint 

She's enjoying that a little too much.....

• Laugh 5

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Jimmy Stovall is now the CEO of Corky's after he and a group of investors bought the company.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/09/30/corkys-bbq-new-owner-memphis-restaurants-jimmy-stovall/5939658001/

From the link:

"Stovall said he doesn't plan to make significant changes and that the company will continue to focus on "legacy and quality and consistency."  So says every rep of every company which purchases another company.  

liar-liar-pants-on-fire_o_1338347.jpg

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, String Theory said:

Watching Carolyn (or more accurately "Garolyn") on Q2.  Going back to earlier discussion, there are some OAP's I'd prefer to watch without the host.  Gary Gobin for one.  He seems like a nice guy, (puts up with her passive aggressive comments & knows his products)

Carolyn ordered the producer to show a three shot with her 'posing' on the left, Gary in the middle and Pam on the right.  Carolyn said "look they managed to get Gary in the middle, with his favorite host & favorite model by his side.  Well, I'm assuming I'm your "favorite".  Gary, diplomatically said "you know Carolyn I can't have favorites"....nice answer that spoke volumes!

She next presented D&C pull on straight leg jeans.  She said she was wearing a size 16 in them.  Of course, turning to Pam (who I hope gets hazard pay for working w/this beyoch) she said "Pam honey (ugh, nothing worse than faux sweetness), what size are you wearing?  An 18 or a 20?"  Pam smiled back at her & said "I'm also in a 16." Carolyn quickly turned back to the rack & re-reviewed colors.

Way to go Pam!!!🤣

Carolyn can be snarky and snooty. She's not always very nice to Gary, who always is a gentleman......

• Like 7

1 hour ago, String Theory said:

Way to go Pam!!!🤣

I'd like to HEART this 1000 times!!!!

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Friday said:

I'd like to HEART this 1000 times!!!!

It's called karma, ha ha ha!!!

• Like 5

Rachael is annoying as heck, but, I must admit, she is always well groomed, and her clothing fits.  It is nice to see a female host that has her hair combed.  Isn't it a sad comment on QVC that this is something that stands out and is worth pointing out?

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

43 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Oh Pam, no matter the size, you have earned a medal! From the hallowed Halls of Snark, we salute you!

306CEC24-6101-412A-8038-A23000DF591D.thumb.jpeg.ce6162ed723fda5492800f4507f238d6.jpeg

Remembering years ago…90s?…Pam went on the “LA diet” and lost a ton of weight. She looked very trim and did lots of Q fashion “promos”. Meantime, I thinks she’s had a few children and naturally gained weight. She looks fine in a larger size because she’s tall and carries it well, but the hair and the fact that she’s usually squeezed into Q clothes, does not serve her well. I agree she deserves an award for years of service 👏

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Agree with you, but still can’t stand her. 🤷‍♀️

I agree.  I find her very annoying.  I have pretty much stopped watching live because the hosts have become more of a circus show than a professional presentation.  But at least she LOOKS professional.  Presenting, not so much.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I agree.  I find her very annoying.  I have pretty much stopped watching live because the hosts have become more of a circus show than a professional presentation.  But at least she LOOKS professional.  Presenting, not so much.

Rachel is a great host to sell clothing, because she looks good in everything. She knows how to style the outfits too. She's awful selling food, though. Silly, screeching, gluttonous. I wish they'd take her off the food shows.

• Like 9

Been looking forward to the new brand, House No 9. 
They opened…via gushing Alberti..with a throw. 😴

Had high hopes for some new decor, but…😴

OK, I have no idea what houses 1 thru 8 had to offer, but #9 doesn’t even measure up to a Home Goods clearance section.
The Vendors…Smith Brother and associate…😴

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

Oh Pam, no matter the size, you have earned a medal! From the hallowed Halls of Snark, we salute you!

306CEC24-6101-412A-8038-A23000DF591D.thumb.jpeg.ce6162ed723fda5492800f4507f238d6.jpeg

Is that why Pam is finally smiling ? Because she was able to throw some shade back at Carolyn ? She looks good in that blue top. That's a good color for her. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, String Theory said:

f course, turning to Pam (who I hope gets hazard pay for working w/this beyoch) she said "Pam honey (ugh, nothing worse than faux sweetness), what size are you wearing?  An 18 or a 20?"  Pam smiled back at her & said "I'm also in a 16." Carolyn quickly turned back to the rack & re-reviewed colors.

Way to go Pam!!!🤣

Edited by litehauskeeper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

What's happening to Pat's face?

245671592_1141161666412744_1654683151917303005_n.png

to much unnecessary face work.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

OK, I have no idea what houses 1 thru 8 had to offer, but #9 doesn’t even measure up to a Home Goods clearance section.

I know, the guy looks like Rasputin. I was hoping for something different but I realized it was the same old same old with a different name....

• Like 2

Remember last week when Alberti filled in for Shawn Killinger, saying he wore his sweatpants and his "Hear My Soul Speak" ring so he could channel Shawn??

Well, when he was doing the decor show today, he had that ring on again!  He's been bitten by the Shawn bug!

1486941263_2021-10-13(2).png.7ea49126f22b0265b73a73f9362fadb5.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

14 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Coach has almost as many Factory Outlet Stores as they do full-price stores, and they don't seem to mind sending unsold merchandise to their own outlets as well as to off-price retailers like TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's. and others. In fact I think their overall profits from the Factory Stores are higher than from the full-price locations. I've never heard any reports of Coach burning old merchandise.

It's possible that they may destroy merchandise that's too badly damaged to sell, although they're much more likely to sell it "As Is" to resellers who buy it by the pallet-load just like they do with old QVC merchandise. But as long as their outlets are making money I seriously doubt if we're going to be seeing bonfires behind Coach stores any time soon. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It really annoys me when David sucks in air through his clenched teeth.

Almost as much as Mary Beth when she uses her whispery voice.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Hyacinth B said:

Coach has almost as many Factory Outlet Stores as they do full-price stores, and they don't seem to mind sending unsold merchandise to their own outlets as well as to off-price retailers like TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's. and others. In fact I think their overall profits from the Factory Stores are higher than from the full-price locations. I've never heard any reports of Coach burning old merchandise.

It's possible that they may destroy merchandise that's too badly damaged to sell, although they're much more likely to sell it "As Is" to resellers who buy it by the pallet-load just like they do with old QVC merchandise. But as long as their outlets are making money I seriously doubt if we're going to be seeing bonfires behind Coach stores any time soon. 

I see that Coach responded to the comments with " "We have now ceased destroying in-store returns of damaged, defective, worn and otherwise unsalable goods and are dedicated to maximizing such products reuse in our Coach (Re)Loved and other circularity programs. The damaged product that was being destroyed in stores represents less than 1% of global sales."

As a Coach shopper for almost 30 years I've seen some items in stores that were obvious returns and probably SHOULD have been destroyed. Some damaged items are just too badly messed up to be repaired, or it's just not cost-effective to repair them and put them back in stock. While I've known many people who are incredibly good at repairing and rehabbing vintage Coach bags made of the old full-grain leathers, many of the newer plasticized styles aren't fixable or even worth fixing.

Edited by Hyacinth B · Reason: Link to the referenced article:
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

7 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

236651355_10112102.thumb.JPG.e66ae81ed4649f252a5d972ec18bcf67.JPG

GROSS!!!!!!!!!

It looks like something you would see if you overturned a big rock in the forest.  Or wherever. 🤮

Edited by Friday · Reason: More to say
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

I’m watching Q2.  Jane is selling Truth + Style.  I mostly have her on mute, but one item came up that interested me, so I unmuted.  As soon as I heard her say (paraphrasing) “this clasp reminds me so much of something my mother wore in the 1950’s,” I quickly muted her.

Does she think that’s a selling point?  😫

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

6 hours ago, String Theory said:

Speaking of seeing the same old (literally & figuratively!) hosts, for the most part I like when they allow OAP to do "solo" shows ( mainly on Q2). Currently I'm watching Jackie (?sp) Stafford presenting an hour of Isaac Mizahri.  No silly scenarios, she provides sizing, colors, inseam, and how item fits. On occasion will throws in styling tips, showed how you can incorporate a simple scarf to add to a basic t-shirt. She said "I like to educate the viewers", It's refreshing to watch a straight forward presentation about what's being sold.

Compared to the Jennifer/Isaac combo on the Q; where I have to endure Jennifer (who is also uses the Amy's "I'm so fat/cellulite laments- which an instant click for me), Isaac's non stop chatter while hosts compete to talk over him, telling his same old stories & using cutesy monikers for the models.  It's so obvious that most of the time he's done zero prep work prior...he seems at time to be surprised by the outfit/the colors etc....  He does know the Pima cotton story, but that's about it!

I like the woman who fills in for Renée Greenstein too. Now on Q2.   Sorry I don’t remember her name.   Much calmer.  Knowledgeable. No dancing, “curvation,” or showing off her butt.

• Like 6

Wow, Jane really gets around!  I was just watching her on Q2 earlier, turned to main Q, and there she is again.

Did she clown clone herself?  She must be chugging Red Bull.

Edited by Friday
  • Laugh 5

Because I'm a nice person most of the time I won't quote that chicken and dumplings pic but my first thought was whether it was something from a medical encyclopedia.  Intestines or something along those lines.

Need this:

imported_brainbleach.gif.fb0cc2f243277c4177ddd5bed117b88e.gif

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’m watching Q2.  Jane is selling Truth + Style.  I mostly have her on mute, but one item came up that interested me, so I unmuted.  As soon as I heard her say (paraphrasing) “this clasp reminds me so much of something my mother wore in the 1950’s,” I quickly muted her.

Does she think that’s a selling point?  😫

I'm not looking this up on ye olde internet, but how old is Jane?  Isn't she right around 60?  60 years ago is 1961, and even if she was born in the late 50s her memory would likely be based on photos.  Just sayin'.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Disclaimer: I have nothing wrong with anyone born in the 50s or earlier. It's why you're subjected to me.
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

And the prices!  Yikes!

7 hours ago, Dancing bear said:

What's happening to Pat's face?

245671592_1141161666412744_1654683151917303005_n.png

She resembles someone but the name just won’t come to me.  It’s the eyes.  Maybe it will come to me.  🤪

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I was watching VPH tonight and I realized I’m not a fan of Elise. Talk about phony baloney!    Maybe she was doing her imitation of VPH but she was totally saccharine.  Overdoing the giggles too. Annoying to say the least. Is she always like this?

• Like 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.