Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Ewwwww!   MaryBeth just called a color “juicy!”  

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

The new kid on the block hosting with Rick...another Ginger Puss IMO. 

The Q must be low on the tv pay pole. Lackluster at best. 😑

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

LOGO/lori is on.. Amy has a shitload of tops on.  IT IS 95 DEGREES in the northeast.. not sure how they're gonna sell that

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

I kind of like Kim Gravel - I didn't before.  but MBR shilling for her?  JUST A NO

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

13 minutes ago, Boston said:

I kind of like Kim Gravel - I didn't before.  but MBR shilling for her?  JUST A NO

I tend to agree with you!  Kim is gracious with every host,  but they don’t have the best connection.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Boston said:

LOGO/lori is on.. Amy has a shitload of tops on.  IT IS 95 DEGREES in the northeast.. not sure how they're gonna sell that

Loco looks even worse with all those tops. I think this one might make it into the fashion poll.

E547CB74-6712-4D8B-8213-3BE4ADC6F0F7.thumb.jpeg.6fa017b048844f4b0365d150caffaf71.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Testimony to the power of David:  People will buy his cookbooks even though they'll need to adjust a bunch of the recipes.

I see why Blue Jean Chef Meredith, beat feet out of that joint. How can a classically trained chef compete with crap?

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

On 6/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, From Where I Sit said:

7FDCD222-7276-4B97-A7D5-4F01D788B80C.jpeg.aac6e1cd860a0dfd032fbc1729f3fb9e.jpeg

Can’t get this image out of my mind of David O’Venable, as a ventriloquist’s dummy.

How ironic every grandma’s favorite granddaughter love match is on the cover of WOMAN’S WORLD vs The Ultimate Book of Grilling.

• Laugh 6

13 minutes ago, Booney said:

Loco looks even worse with all those tops. I think this one might make it into the fashion poll.

E547CB74-6712-4D8B-8213-3BE4ADC6F0F7.thumb.jpeg.6fa017b048844f4b0365d150caffaf71.jpeg

She truly looks like an authentic bag lady.  No offense to bag ladies since they usually look like this by necessity.

Lori has a huge walk-in closet where she can park her clothing and doesn't need to wear all of those major layers at once.  It just looks piled on and heavy.

More eccentric than eclectic, IMO.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

On the weekend, someone mentioned the HD tv changes and Mary Beth’s teeth (and many others). I reached back in photos to compare. Just to see if I could see a difference.

1A6EC52A-6351-48A0-A25D-8A1953D43C54.jpeg.c760692897fdb7abc2fa63243b3a1d7c.jpeg
the ones on the right are bigger. The teeth. 

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Now that things are opening up and getting back to semi-normal, I imagine the hosts are clamoring to be the first to go on their "well-deserved" vacations.

TPTB should require that each writes an essay on why they should be first to go, or have a race to the signup sheet.

Picturing some gold gladiator stilettos sprinting to the front of the line, stepping on someone else's Lexi Marigolds.  Hoping Officer Jayne will write a ticket (for poor taste in fashion and speeding while intoxicated).

Others who enjoy rehashing the journeys that make them choke up on cue will choose the essay option, trying to get extra credit by adding vision boards with pasted on bikini pics or diamond tennis bracelets to their submissions.

• Laugh 8

6 hours ago, Burly said:

Speaking of the Joan Rivers collection I do wonder how many of these designs she would have signed off. She was a very classy lady. Yes, she mass produced costume jewellery (which she joked was made by children in sweatshops “tiny fingers set tiny stones”) but her aesthetic was more Jackie O than LoGo. I hope Dangle is keeping true to her…

Burly, I had those exact same thoughts as I was watching this afternoon and honestly while I think there are a few things that Joan may have sanctioned, the bulk of the shmattas were definitely not something that I could see her wearing or selling....

Very surprised at David because when she first passed away he was very true to her but now I think he’s gone off half cocked ....but of course that’s just my opinion

• Like 6

QVC's seemingly new measure for success:

"If Rachel looks bad in the clothes, then we've done our job."

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

Does Rachel not have anyone in her life who loves her enough to tell her how awful that pink eyeshadow looks? RACHEL HONEY PLEASE STOP IT! 

on another topic: it’s been quite a while since Antonella was a host on a shopping network and personally I think she should be relegated to a separate thread or declared off topic. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

You know, I want to like this dress - I really do. It’s probably cool and comfortable. But it just screams prison matron. Not a look I necessarily want to adopt.

69E8BA01-EC63-4B9A-A46C-A3720F8A1D0C.thumb.jpeg.ad37577c82b0f0f7b01d4eacd1f131a0.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 3

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

You know, I want to like this dress - I really do. It’s probably cool and comfortable. But it just screams prison matron. Not a look I necessarily want to adopt.

69E8BA01-EC63-4B9A-A46C-A3720F8A1D0C.thumb.jpeg.ad37577c82b0f0f7b01d4eacd1f131a0.jpeg

It looks like some apparition who lost its dentures took over her torso.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Whooooo! Did you guys just catch the Shawn Shade from Rachel??

No, what did she say?

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

I just read an interesting article in the Washington Post titled, “When the ‘Mean Girl’ is a Woman: How to Deal with an Adult Bully.” This paragraph caught my eye:

The most frequent form of relational aggression [Dellasega’s preferred term for bullying] is the ‘take-back.’ It’s saying something insensitive and unkind and then, when you realize it didn’t go over well, you say, ‘I was just kidding.’ ”

I’d say this describes our bully “relational aggressor” Caro to a tee!

• Like 18
  • Surprise 1

3 minutes ago, Booney said:

I just read an interesting article in the Washington Post titled, “When the ‘Mean Girl’ is a Woman: How to Deal with an Adult Bully.” This paragraph caught my eye:

The most frequent form of relational aggression [Dellasega’s preferred term for bullying] is the ‘take-back.’ It’s saying something insensitive and unkind and then, when you realize it didn’t go over well, you say, ‘I was just kidding.’ ”

I’d say this describes our bully “relational aggressor” Caro to a tee!

Caro is the Mother Ship of mean girls.  IMHO.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, what did she say?

It was something like “now I started the show with Amy, who apparently Sean just thinks is oh well <gestures> no I’m kidding!” And then she said something like no we love you into her ear piece. 

03B99CC6-CBB5-4E41-B0F8-9549EE3D2ECD.jpeg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2

I thought Mishonda looked very nice in the Cuddl Duds dress; they actually had her in a dress that was the right size for her.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, what did she say?

I just put on the Q and Rachel is on FNI,  why I said to my self 

some one not come in to work?

Rachel humblebragging about turning 55 and not having the body she had,  when she has the best figure of all the hosts,  and models actually

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think she was talking to the producer. Amy said earlier that his name was Sean. 

Oh!! I just automatically thought she was talking about Shawn Killinger 😆

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

10 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I just put on the Q and Rachel is on FNI,  why I said to my self 

some one not come in to work?

Rachel humblebragging about turning 55 and not having the body she had,  when she has the best figure of all the hosts,  and models actually

Amy said she's on vacation.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh!! I just automatically thought she was talking about Shawn Killinger 😆

of course 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

11 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

On the weekend, someone mentioned the HD tv changes and Mary Beth’s teeth (and many others). I reached back in photos to compare. Just to see if I could see a difference.

I will admit I use the SuperSmile teeth whitening.. and it works (only so much, I never had chicklet teeth - and meds have darkened mine.. but i love this (I used to work for a teeth whitening product - this is better)

15 hours ago, Thumper said:

For some (weird) reason i always see MBR married to Steve Doocey on Fox.. 😍

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

11 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Burly, I had those exact same thoughts as I was watching this afternoon and honestly while I think there are a few things that Joan may have sanctioned, the bulk of the shmattas were definitely not something that I could see her wearing or selling....

Very surprised at David because when she first passed away he was very true to her but now I think he’s gone off half cocked ....but of course that’s just my opinion

It’s all about $$$. 

Joan was a very smart businesswoman.

Although she was ranked as a world class fashion icon, Joan knew how to roll with the times and cater to her audience and customers. Her time (and win) on The Apprentice showed her eating shit on the regular to keep everyone’s feathers unruffled and her progress under everyone’s radar.

David Dangle has a tough line to walk in not straying too far from Joan’s vision but keep up with fashion’s vagaries and make sure the bucks keep rolling in.

2 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

It’s all about $$$. 

Joan was a very smart businesswoman.

Although she was ranked as a world class fashion icon, Joan knew how to roll with the times and cater to her audience and customers. Her time (and win) on The Apprentice showed her eating shit on the regular to keep everyone’s feathers unruffled and her progress under everyone’s radar.

David Dangle has a tough line to walk in not straying too far from Joan’s vision but keep up with fashion’s vagaries, making sure the bucks keep rolling in.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Joan knew how to roll with the times and cater to her audience and customers.

this, 

and think about how much has changed in fashion and retail since she died 

So DD is doing what he needs to do,  if he insisted on doing the knock off suits,(which was great when Joan was here)  the line would be last years news

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

this, 

and think about how much has changed in fashion and retail since she died 

So DD is doing what he needs to do,  if he insisted on doing the knock off suits,(which was great when Joan was here)  the line would be last years news

True.

Joan was all about classic simplicity and tasteful iconic brands.

Black columns topped with drop-dead jackets. Tweeds. Twills. Money.

• Like 6

Caro continues to play the fool with Nutsy, and the fact that viewers egg her on to continue to do it confounds me. Some woman is sending her US flags for Nutsy to play with.  I bet they send her lots of crap for that stuffed yutz. I had to turn off the Q because she’s constantly talking in her squirrel voice.  And of course, she looks like a schlubb, but thinks she looks like Christie Brinkley. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

I see why Blue Jean Chef Meredith, beat feet out of that joint. How can a classically trained chef compete with crap?

I wonder what's going on with that line of kitchen stuff that was supposed to make it's way to the Q which got postponed last year.

14 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I have a thing for older game shows so I like to livestream the Buzzr channel a lot. The shows they're airing now are from the 70's and 80's which makes it easier to remember what it was like before extremely whitened teeth became so normalized. I've even caught myself looking at some of the contestants along with celebs' thinking how their not blinding white normal looking teeth look kind of dingy. Then I have to remind myself of what peoples teeth looked like before teeth whitening became commonplace and the methods to do so became so readily available.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I wonder what's going on with that line of kitchen stuff that was supposed to make it's way to the Q which got postponed last year.

Meredith appeared a few times on a Sunday selling her new line, I want to say it was in March; it was supposed to be in late January but was delayed due to shipping issues.  Not a TSV.  I don't think she's been back on since.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

First "review" for David's book:

I didn't receive the email for the Facebook group yet, but I'm sure the book is terrific. (2 stars)

OMG!!!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Caro continues to play the fool with Nutsy, and the fact that viewers egg her on to continue to do it confounds me. Some woman is sending her US flags for Nutsy to play with.  I bet they send her lots of crap for that stuffed yutz. I had to turn off the Q because she’s constantly talking in her squirrel voice.  And of course, she looks like a schlubb, but thinks she looks like Christie Brinkley. 

I laughed out loud at "that stuffed yutz"! What a great way to describe Nutsy. I think we should rename him Yutzy.

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Meredith appeared a few times on a Sunday selling her new line, I want to say it was in March; it was supposed to be in late January but was delayed due to shipping issues.  Not a TSV.  I don't think she's been back on since.

She's been on again at least once since the March debut.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Booney said:

that stuffed yutz

could be either one CG or the squirrel

• Laugh 13

2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I had to turn off the Q because she’s constantly talking in her squirrel voice.  And of course, she looks like a schlubb, but thinks she looks like Christie Brinkley. 

Caro has a highly over-developed concept of self-confidence. (😅If there is such a thing.)  When she preens and prances, she’s almost convincing.

F9A88F58-2674-4E8D-BC41-4D1D43330823.jpeg.2fdf05eb6fa4149c864b7940962a95ac.jpeg3EF2C2D7-04B9-4C22-9D6D-A8796F6AA149.jpeg.801210a10a9efb8a8edb9d9a2516cf78.jpeg

• Laugh 18

Carolyn mentioned she visited Paris "I was there only once but it was the highlight of my life" and said she has two rooms in her house devoted to Gallic items -- "Gary, I have a Degas print on one wall -- you know who he is, right?" plus mentioning other French styled items.  

This really surprised me -- since she likes to present herself as your typical down-to-earth Midwesterner from Indiana -- until I remembered that she spent 20 years in "latte/white wine sipping" (my quotes, lol) Southern California and has mentioned a few times that she used to spend a lot of money on designer clothes and is obsessed with the British royal family.

But no matter what, still a mean girl.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, Thumper said:

For some (weird) reason i always see MBR married to Steve Doocey on Fox.. 😍

Not a big fan of the SUZY Graver.. but i have to say her DOG makes me laugh so hard 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Carolyn mentioned she visited Paris "I was there only once but it was the highlight of my life" and said she has two rooms in her house devoted to Gallic items -- "Gary, I have a Degas print on one wall -- you know who he is, right?" plus mentioning other French styled items.  

This really surprised me -- since she likes to present herself as your typical down-to-earth Midwesterner from Indiana -- until I remembered that she spent 20 years in "latte/white wine sipping" (my quotes, lol) Southern California and has mentioned a few times that she used to spend a lot of money on designer clothes and is obsessed with the British royal family.

But no matter what, still a mean girl.

Despite Carolyn’s present stage persona as a down-home gal, you have to keep in mind she was once a hard-edged heavy metal DJ chick tuned into the crazy LA music scene and all of the excesses. Back in the day, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Lou Gramm, Gene Simmons, et al; their bands, their roadies, their groupies, their management and the DJs playing and promoting them were far from angelic with big egos. Irreverence and pushing the envelope are elements of Carolyn’s history.

I’ll bet she has great stories to tell.

***full disclosure***

I’m retired. I have quite a few replacement parts. But I still have gas in my tank.

Is it wrong of me to convince Led Zeppelin to reconsider going back on tour and me be their road manager? 

• Useful 4
  • Laugh 7

21 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

And Marie Osmond looks exactly the same.  🤣

• Laugh 3

19 hours ago, Booney said:

Or escaped inmate - 

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Despite Carolyn’s present stage persona as a down-home gal, you have to keep in mind she was once a hard-edged heavy metal DJ chick tuned into the crazy LA music scene and all of the excesses. Back in the day, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Lou Gramm, Gene Simmons, et al; their bands, their roadies, their groupies, their management and the DJs playing and promoting them were far from angelic with big egos. Irreverence and pushing the envelope are elements of Carolyn’s history.

I’ll bet she has great stories to tell.

***full disclosure***

I’m retired. I have quite a few replacement parts. But I still have gas in my tank.

Is it wrong of me to convince Led Zeppelin to reconsider going back on tour and me be their road manager? 

Ha!  Good points, @BenchWarmer!  And I believe it was @Booney who conjectured that Carolyn's past as a D.J. surrounded by a lot of macho-but-juvenile (correct me if I'm wrong about this, @Booney) men always coarshly joshing around, contributes to her QVC persona. 

And you will notice that Gracie is the only female who does that "dolphin" laugh along with Rick and David.  Can you imagine any other woman there letting out that sound?  I think not.

But apparently Carolyn is more sophisticated than she appears or lets on.

• Like 5

Did I hear correctly this morning -- an 80 year old D&C caller told Carolyn and Gary she loves the clothing line because "it's not farty"

And then followed up with "Am I allowed to say that?"

• Laugh 11

Let me correct myself -- I think the woman said "old-farty"

LOL

Gird your loins -- a three hour Denim & Co. this Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. with "Garolyn"

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

17 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Let me correct myself -- I think the woman said "old-farty"

LOL

Gird your loins -- a three hour Denim & Co. this Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. with "Garolyn"

poor Gary,  he is so much happier with other hosts, like IM when not stuck with y k w

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Poor JRT. Can’t seem to get IT right, ever.

Why does the wig she’s riding high make her look like a dude with mutton chops out of the 70s?

• Laugh 6

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.