Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Holy PLASTIC FACE, BATMAN!!  Just woke up from a short nap and thought I was seeing things.. Nope.  It was SANDRA'S FACE filling up my whole tv screen.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, rcc said:

I won't be watching. Lol

and I will not be buying.. lol

• Laugh 4

2 hours ago, Dottie D said:

I'm not sure who that woman is in the white dress, but that dress makes it look like she's wearing her bra on the outside

That's the rep for Vita Liberata, a self tanner

Haven't seen it offered on QVC for a couple of years.  I've used it for years and years and was surprised when it was offered on QVC.

And then, of course, QVC ran it into the ground, as they always do, by showing it non-stop, every day of the week (at least it felt like that!).

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Someone mentioned lightbulbs.  Sooooo......

How many QVC hosts does it take to change a light bulb?

Shawn to order the new one on the app while on air.

Amy to open the box when it arrives.

David to get on a Little Giant ladder.

Jane to point at him and shout "THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME UP THERE!"

Apologies.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 14

1 hour ago, Boston said:

Holy PLASTIC FACE, BATMAN!!  Just woke up from a short nap and thought I was seeing things.. Nope.  It was SANDRA'S FACE filling up my whole tv screen.

and I will not be buying.. lol

You're not kidding. 

She was looking like a shiny Barbie doll:  pretty, but plastic.

This show and the last time I saw her, she was wearing her hair in a severe ponytail, probably to show off fresh Botox injections.

Reminds me of Rachel and Connie Craig Carrol who have very high foreheads, but insist on displaying them like freshly paved roads instead of utilizing a wisp of hair or two for a bit of coverage.

• Laugh 5

Please tell me someone else saw Jane trying to prove her youthful, athletic prowess (and, officially, the traction of Muk Luks cabin socks) by running across the studio and up the stairs, cheered on by Courtney.

This was after she said she was so freakin' excited about an air fryer coming up.

Maybe later they can put on their saddle shoes and grab a milkshake at the hop.

*Not up on the video as of writing this, but this is GIF material. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

58 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Please tell me someone else saw Jane trying to prove her youthful, athletic prowess (and, officially, the traction of Muk Luks cabin socks) by running across the studio and up the stairs, cheered on by Courtney.

This was after she said she was so freakin' excited about an air fryer coming up.

She did it last week too.  We shouldn't have to see that.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

4 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

You have to wonder what next procedure Courtney Khondabi is considering.

Her cheekbones are close to pointy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Oh my.  I fear for the thousands of “cabin sock” presentations we will be subject to.  😩😩. (That is probably bad grammar; my apologies.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Uh oh, Courtney is going on a vacation? So, here’s my prediction.

She wants to knock back her hairline. Clean it up and be able to execute more styles like the one she’s sporting tonight.

EDE9749F-EA2A-4D19-8F21-0DFF699C9C70.jpeg.3d2aca763a0a77d772e0e8a97db6b6d2.jpeg Now

CA7C9D9D-0988-4839-BF0E-C39F7C6E71E2.jpeg.55d2cfb2bdb31476cef2d15fff88acdd.jpegPost vacation

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Uh oh, Courtney is going on a vacation? So, here’s my prediction.

She wants to knock back her hairline. Clean it up and be able to execute more styles like the one she’s sporting tonight.

EDE9749F-EA2A-4D19-8F21-0DFF699C9C70.jpeg.3d2aca763a0a77d772e0e8a97db6b6d2.jpeg Now

CA7C9D9D-0988-4839-BF0E-C39F7C6E71E2.jpeg.55d2cfb2bdb31476cef2d15fff88acdd.jpegPost vacation

its really very sad to me.  she was a beautiful girl.  now looks 100% fake.  we think people do this because they are vain but could be just the opposite.  instead of becoming MORE beautiful, many think this is becoming beautiful.  its not.  i feel bad for her, dont try to fit in, be your own personal beauty.  be so beautiful inside and out without the surgery and let that be your statement. we all have our own beauty.     (sorry so serious here )

• Like 18

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Saw and heard all that. Wish I hadn’t. 🤮

• Laugh 6

Courtney has been at the Q six years?

She said she started there at 27, and I believe she is 33.

Doesn't seem like that long.

Her counterpart during the Christmas shows just said she's been there 15 years.

Now that is just criminal.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I made two different versions.

jane-running-steps-092421-01.gif

jane-running-steps-092421-02-rev.gif

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

2 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Thanks, @RubberbandGirl!

Blabby is getting a better workout in the second version.

She was trying to impress her Courtney, but Courtney was too busy monitor gazing to be bothered.

• Laugh 5

6 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

OMG! Jane will not be able to walk tomorrow.   

WTH has happened to QVC?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 3

Aww, I watched some of Jane and Courtney tonight tonight and I didn’t think it was that bad.  Court sort of caters to JRT as a “senior” host and lets it ride.  She goes along. And JRT, bless her heart, does her best to be current.

I mean, I muted at times for items like electronics that I don’t care about, but I think they are trying to make it work. 😁

• Like 6

Tuned into ITKWM on Q2, and Mary was sitting in a chair, looking like it was storytime or that she was giving a fireside chat, with a remotely located Brittany Rastelli, selling crab cakes.

I assumed correctly that she was deep into a long show (third of four hours) and needed to set a spell.

Don't think I've ever seem David do the same.

Perhaps he is afraid he will pop a button or be unable to get up.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 5

16 hours ago, Dancing bear said:

OMG! Jane will not be able to walk tomorrow.   

WTH has happened to QVC?

Wow, and I thought I had a fat ass.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Mary, for all intents, etc., is probably one of the better hosts on the Q. She’s smart, well prepared, knowledgeable and professionally dressed…and, seems genuinely liked by vendors as well as team associates. But that lisp🤦‍♀️
I give her credit for having achieved as much in her career in media despite it, but I have to watch on mute because it is so distracting…to me. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Tuned into ITKWM on Q2, and Mary was sitting in a chair, looking like it was storytime or that she was giving a fireside chat, with a remotely located Brittany Rastelli, selling crab cakes.

I assumed correctly that she was deep into a long show (third of four hours) and needed to set a spell.

Don't think I've ever seem David do the same.

Perhaps he is afraid he will pop a button or be unable to get up.

Don't forget it is also a way of Q doing the show on the cheap.  Park her in a chair and only one camera is needed.  Less cameras during every demo + less food displays/demos needed on set = less money spent on staff costs.  This is not the first ITKWM in which her frequently sitting down is a regular feature.

Edit to add that with stationary cameras they're all going to be running but someone in the control room can switch among them and depending on the quality of the cameras also control the cameras themselves (ie. zoom in/out, move them from side to side) .  I don't know if Q's boom cameras need individual operators to move the camera around, but if they do sticking to the stationary ones makes sense $$-wise.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

On 9/24/2021 at 6:14 AM, Boston said:

I love the flameless candles; however, I should have bought stock in D batteries.  Pain in the ass. 

My wife has them all over the house. I was running to Costco once a month just to stock up on batteries. Not to sound crazy, but I don't think batteries last as long as they used to.

17 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

It made me think of what Jane must have been like when she was a tiny dancer back in the day…

(imagining…)

D8597D4F-B7DB-4206-A5F0-BF1ACD2DF3BE.jpeg.f915f21f2622c14faad762c1c2ea6b2c.jpeg

I had to give that a double-take. it looks like actual QVC wardrobe.

• Laugh 10

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I wasn’t paying a lot of attention but at one point I looked up and saw Brit stuffing a hundred dollars worth of crab cakes into a casserole pan. If that’s the side dish what are the Rastelli’s having to go with it, one wonders. 

• Laugh 3

15 minutes ago, Burly said:

I wasn’t paying a lot of attention but at one point I looked up and saw Brit stuffing a hundred dollars worth of crab cakes into a casserole pan. If that’s the side dish what are the Rastelli’s having to go with it, one wonders. 

I think she said she was making a dip with it, for guests or hanging out at home.

The guests must come for the expensive seafood because she is a snore.

Also, she, like Stepford Wife Epps, seems to only use a toaster oven for cooking, or so she says.

Those little ovens must be made in the same factory that manufactured the Mary Poppins carpetbag, because no way can you cook for an entire big family using only one of those in real life.

• Like 2

I clicked on and saw the duo of David and  Rick.

I like Rick, but all I can think about is Crazy Eddie whose prices are INSANE, when I see and hear him going crazy  about a fan/ heater, to the point that in need to turn down the volume to tolerate him ! 
And wow - wtf is happening to David ? He’s always been big, but he has gained so much weight that his face is also massive !

He just looks so unhealthy and it’s actually sad.

Is it because he can finally sample food on the air again ?  Do the hosts get eat to rest the leftover food?

Did he not look a bit smaller when he was unable to eat on the air ? Lately he just seems bigger every week!

I actually clicked on his coffee talk chat last week, he seems to obsess about food and talk about it quite a bit . It’s actually gross listening to him getting so excited about food .  I wonder if someday he realize he has a major problem with food . 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I clicked on and saw the duo of David and  Rick

My first thought was "Why is David on main Q on a Saturday?" since I know he's appeared occasionally on Q2 on Saturdays but not on the main channel.

My second thought was, "Oh yeah, the 3rd Quarter ends on Thursday."

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

My first thought was "Why is David on main Q on a Saturday?" since I know he's appeared occasionally on Q2 on Saturdays but not on the main channel.

My second thought was, "Oh yeah, the 3rd Quarter ends on Thursday."

I guess David is off tomorrow . He is going to the wedding of an ITKWD producer, at least that’s what they are saying over there.

Baby Blabby (Ali):

Every other sentence is about her or her family. 

She seems to play "This is Your Life, Ali Carr" every time I see her.

If you want to know anything about her, just ask.

Me, not her.  She won't stop if you do.

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.