Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

One word: Tova 

I can’t believe what I see. 

And her model…Taylor in a gauzy nightmare, um, I mean nightie. Giant pumpkins hanging out.

I just thought of another word: Halloween 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Ame to Lor, about the black TSV she is wearing:  "You know what I like to say:  you're looking B.A."

Bad ass?

Between your calico cat-colored hair mop and saying that, you do not look or sound classy.

I don't care if they are trying to attract a younger audience, this is not becoming of the Q.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Courtney K is an idiot. 
If the Q is looking to attract a younger audience, they best hope that most 8th graders have charge cards. 

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Laugh 6

On 9/19/2021 at 6:51 PM, mpeeps said:

I vaguely remember SR's farewell speech and IIRC she left the Q because she was relocating to FL or somewhere for her husband's job. 

Whay can't they relocate the dirty one!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Burly said:

Do you think it’s a “marriage of convenience “?  I certainly don’t get the impression that they’re particularly into each other. There’s no joshing around or affectionate humour. Not that they’d be the first or last celebrity couple to get hitched for the good PR. 

It can’t be that clean if goat farming is involved. What happens to the goats when they stop producing milk? Their stuff reminds me a lot of L’Occitane which I’m a user of. The latter uses the Shea nut for it’s magical ingredient of course. 

Either married for the PR or because of an unplanned pregnancy.

12 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Property Brothers throw off more romantic chemistry than the Beekmans do!

Creepily so.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

12 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

That reminds me of the Michael Jackson/Lisa Marie Pressley kiss at the MTV awards that was just SO UNCOMFORTABLE ! ! ! ! !

Yes,  I do believe that this a PR marriage.

10 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Ame to Lor, about the black TSV she is wearing:  "You know what I like to say:  you're looking B.A."

Bad ass?

Between your calico cat-colored hair mop and saying that, you do not look or sound classy.

I don't care if they are trying to attract a younger audience, this is not becoming of the Q.

That LOGO crap WILL NOT attract a younger audience.  It is just garbage, ugly and cheap looking.

• Like 6

The Fill-In Queen Sandra is doing a Tuesday morning Denim & Co.

Not a freaking stupid stuffed rodent in sight.

Refreshing.  I'm sure for Gary as well.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Fill-In Queen Sandra is doing a Tuesday morning Denim & Co.

Not a freaking stupid stuffed rodent in sight.

Refreshing.  I'm sure for Gary as well.

The first Denim &Co. show I’ve seen in forever. 

• Like 9

$100 for SOLE... 5 pieces or whatever -  Officer Jayne should have arrested the OAP.  It's like saying the SCHROD SQUAD should pay tons of money for FISH.  Jesus take the wheel.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

The Q must have a sugar lobby. Meanwhile, Rachel still stuffing the item up either nostril…just to put her mark on it. 🤦‍♀️

• Laugh 4
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

Either married for the PR or because of an unplanned pregnancy.

Creepily so.

I think the little one is mean to the bigger guy.🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 4

Maybe he just tunes her out.  I have a neighbor like that, very sweet, but talks and talks and talks —-  that is all we can figure for her husband.  Also, he works a lot.

• Laugh 12

Watching Denim was a pleasure.  She’s so professional and knew the items without behaving like a 6 year old.  The only bad moment was when Gary just had to point out that a squirrel Is woven into one of their shirts, and Sandra just acknowledged what he said, and moved on.  And then he had the audacity to say that the squirrel motifs are exclusive to Q.  Yeah, right.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

31 minutes ago, DeeMoonlight said:

OMG!   Shut the hell up Ali!    I don't think VPH has said 10 words in 24 minutes.

I was just coming to post the same thing about Ali.....Completely obnoxious and won’t let Val get a word in edgewise

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

My hairdresser, about same age as Ali…same “ism”. 
I mean, like, play to your audience…right?! 🤯

what…ever. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

16 hours ago, Boston said:

$100 for SOLE... 5 pieces or whatever -  Officer Jayne should have arrested the OAP.  It's like saying the SCHROD SQUAD should pay tons of money for FISH.  Jesus take the wheel.

Was it this?

https://www.qvc.com/SH126-Anderson-Seafoods-(12)-5-oz-Stuffed-Sole-w-Shrimp-%26-Garlic.product.M80053.html

What makes my blood pressure rise is when they sell tilapia and try to make a bargain-basement fish sound like it's top of the line.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Wow!  I think if she were my dermatologist I'd start looking elsewhere.   I've used some of her products and they were quite good.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Is she on massive amounts of prednisone? It’s easy to dissolve fillers so it can’t be that. No one would walk around looking like that  on purpose, right? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Was it this?

https://www.qvc.com/SH126-Anderson-Seafoods-(12)-5-oz-Stuffed-Sole-w-Shrimp-%26-Garlic.product.M80053.html

What makes my blood pressure rise is when they sell tilapia and try to make a bargain-basement fish sound like it's top of the line.

It wasn't EVEN stuffed with shrimp.  It always makes me laugh when they sell fish; my first REAL boyfriend had granparents for parents (he was adopted) and every time we went out to a restaurant he would say he could pick "the scrod squad".  (mind you, we both were on our first jobs and had barely any money)  but you know what it meant.. i'm on my way there soon.. LOL

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

625229352_drgraf092221.thumb.png.6d86af8153e7d6e2d9a4b34dafc19041.png

1072201939_DRGRAF001.thumb.jpg.201ef855bed09262e33b4fafc2a0b6f5.jpg

If you look her up on the Mount Sinai website, there's a picture of a much younger Dr. Graf shown.  It's sort of like the horror stories you hear about dating websites where someone shows up for the date and the man/woman looks nothing like what they portrayed themselves to be!

She has impressive medical credentials...but she looks nothing like this now.  Too much fiddling around with her face and perhaps not aging as gracefully from an emotional perspective.  Sad, really.

image.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 2

Remember how certain hosts wore white pants/trousers about 5 days out of 7?  Well, officer Jane has taken the mantle…or, pantle…wearing black leggings with different tops in same rotation. Can’t wait until she breaks out the black knee-highs.

Oh, wait…today’s version is camo. A change-up from the black. I’ll try to be more astute going forward. 😉

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Laugh 6

WHY don’t these manic Q hosts just STFU and let the vendor tell the story?!!

Rick:  “Esther, tell us about Camembert…” and poor Esther can’t even begin before he cuts her off and Jayne chimes in. I know Rick is hyper and that’s been his schtik, but jeezus. Why have an OAP at all?  Just let these fools run their mouths. 
Every Q show I tune into is on “mute”. If I’m interested in the item I reverse and listen to description. WTF 🤦‍♀️

• Like 8

QVC’s food prices are getting more and more insane. $106.62 for two 2 lb. pot roasts. Pot roast! They’re hyping that it’s fully cooked. “I don’t have 20 hours to cook a pot roast,” sniffed Jayne. First of all, 20 hours? And pot roast is one of the easiest things to cook! Who’s buying this stuff?

9B8312A7-3C4D-4193-B996-49873C324472.thumb.jpeg.eee3038da50f803f675eb79f82e0da30.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Surprise 7

14 minutes ago, Booney said:

QVC’s food prices are getting more and more insane. $106.62 for two 2 lb. pot roasts. Pot roast! They’re hyping that it’s fully cooked. “I don’t have 20 hours to cook a pot roast,” sniffed Jayne. First of all, 20 hours? And pot roast is one of the easiest things to cook! Who’s buying this stuff?

9B8312A7-3C4D-4193-B996-49873C324472.thumb.jpeg.eee3038da50f803f675eb79f82e0da30.jpeg

They are horrible magicians.  I would NEVER order any of their food (especially if RACHEL was selling it)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Booney said:

Don’t they sell pressure cookers and crockpots and go on about how easy it is to do a pot roast ?🤦‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Jayne and Rick were only on for one hour of a four hour Gourmet Holiday.

Rick probably needed a nap to calm down before dinner and before Officer Jayne could issue him a citation for hyperactively misbehaving while selling creme brulee.

Now Alberti and Rachel, who came out of the gate cackling, have taken their places.

Do these two ever watch themselves doing Gourmet Holiday, in a critical sense, to see how they might appear to others?

Every time the camera comes to Rachel, she becomes a mime, and she's no Marcel Marceau.

Then when we don't see her, her irritating voice reverberates through the studio.

Alberti's smile is so creepy fake, if I came upon someone in real life that smiled at me like that, I'd get some pep in my step to lose him.

And his mom, dad, brother, wife, et al...why are they always in every food story?

Was Jane T. his mentor?

And the decibel level of his delivery...

All right, I'll stop here.

@MzBrooklyn, I think I should just mute in unison with you.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

I refuse to watch any of these price gouging food shows. The hosts know damn well it is a ripoff. But they have to tow the line or be replaced.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

I think it is worth saying again:

Ms. Mr. Christmas sounds very similar to former host at various shopping channels, Kimberly Wells.

David is enjoying tapping on her stuff.  Nothing dirty intended.

I think she is intent on every single viewer owning a nostalgic, ceramic Christmas tree.

She says she is breaking the mold of the 20 inch musical variety.

Maybe she can work with one of the food vendors to create a cake in its likeness.

Or Tara Temptations can use it as one of her holiday patterns.

I'm sure it will live on in some lucrative capacity.

• Laugh 7

5 hours ago, rcc said:

I refuse to watch any of these price gouging food shows. The hosts know damn well it is a ripoff. But they have to tow the line or be replaced.

Personal anecdote / sidebar -  I had to purchase a box of heavy duty foil today.  I was unaware that I would need to fill out a credit application to do so.  $.55/ft. for fking foil.

I'm afraid for this country/world.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

Elise on her significant other after the Prive Revaux OAP said she was "goals" and "gives her hope":

"I had to wait 'til 38 to meet him.  He was worth the wait."

Glad to hear it, Elise, but I would advise zipping your lips about this and enjoy your relationship off screen only.

IIRC, another romance that played out on air, culminating in a bended knee and ring offering, did not turn out quite so well.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Turns out, early on in Chap 6 of Elise's blog, the day she locked eyes with Guapo, man of her dreams, in Montauk, NY, she was texting her "mentor" of all people, Unwashed One, who always knows how to keep it real classy and condescending. The rest was history and I imagine Elise's big sister mentor is a bit jealous!! 

https://www.eliseivy.com/lovestory

20210923_024858.thumb.jpg.0dc49a031fbd30d90e7a710a9bbd1202.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Sad 8

“As I delinquently approached…”

What is that supposed to mean?

• Laugh 13

8 minutes ago, Burly said:

“As I delinquently approached…”

What is that supposed to mean?

It's just lousy writing. She meant to say she was late getting to the special  booth.

Poor choice of words. The definition of doing something in a delinquent way: "Delinquency implies conduct that does not conform to the legal or moral standards of society; it usually applies only to acts that, if performed by an adult, would be termed criminal."

Using that definition, Elise was approaching the booth with the intent to rob the people sitting there. 😲

• Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.