Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

At first I thought that's a really long kimono topper. Until, I saw that the model is wearing matching pants! 

Way too much going on.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

21 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Antonella saga:  😴

*Cynic alert

I truly wish Antonella well. She’s on a bumpy road...but...there was always something about her that was side-eye worthy.

Someone once said she hit the jackpot at the Q, going from near poverty to wealth** although both she and hubby previously had college educated professional careers***

It appears Ant chose to resign from QVC rather than be temporarily scaled back. Did hubby do the same? Ant’s current story is that she and hubby were fired, which plays well at the enhanced payment unemployment office.

Sailing is a big bucks way of life. Navigation equipment. Fuel. Port charges. Maintenance. Shore transportation. Ant has stated she and hubby have been planning a sailing retirement since college. 

The house sale, no doubt, bought the boat. Cobra insurance is probably covering most medical expenses. Family/friends are offering shelter. Unemployment has been generous. Is Go Fund Me the slush fund? Many famous folks keep their personal stuff to themselves. Ant’s videos begging money began before she knew she was sick. 

** from fixer-upper to Medici palazzo

*** Ant: healthcare; Hubby: environmental management (both high paying/high demand fields)

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

54 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

*Cynic alert

I truly wish Antonella well. She’s on a bumpy road...but...there was always something about her that was side-eye worthy.

Someone once said she hit the jackpot at the Q, going from near poverty to wealth** although both she and hubby previously had college educated professional careers***

It appears Ant chose to resign from QVC rather than be temporarily scaled back. Did hubby do the same? Ant’s current story is that she and hubby were fired, which plays well at the enhanced payment unemployment office.

Sailing is a big bucks way of life. Navigation equipment. Fuel. Port charges. Maintenance. Shore transportation. Ant has stated she and hubby have been planning a sailing retirement since college. 

The house sale, no doubt, bought the boat. Cobra insurance is probably covering most medical expenses. Family/friends are offering shelter. Unemployment has been generous. Is Go Fund Me the slush fund? Many famous folks keep their personal stuff to themselves. Ant’s videos begging for YouTube subscribers ($$$)**** began before she knew she was sick. 

*** Ant: healthcare; Hubby: environmental management (both high paying/high demand fields)

**** every YouTube view puts money in the pocket of the registered poster via inserted ads

8 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

*Cynic alert

The house sale, no doubt, bought the boat. Cobra insurance is probably covering most medical expenses. Family/friends are offering shelter. Unemployment has been generous. Is Go Fund Me the slush fund? Many famous folks keep their personal stuff to themselves. Ant’s videos begging money began before she knew she was sick. 

The hosts aren't employees, they're contractors. They have contracts with the company. They don't pay UC tax so can't get unemployment benefits. They have to pay for their health insurance, so no COBRA for them. They make very good money from the start. I've heard $70k and $100k. I'm sure the old timers are at half a million. When you make big money, you have a responsibility to handle it very carefully. 

• Useful 2

Marlo Smith is eating on air at HSN!

Have they started at the Q yet?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

It's Wolfgang filet mignon.  Wolf is Skyping, but there is a chef (masked) with Marlo cooking for her on set.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

While David Dangle was eloquently describing every detail of a Joan Rivers check blouse, Amy was chomping at the bit so hard, she almost broke a bunch of veneers, all to say, "this one is cawed yewwow/khaki."

She seemed generally impatient with him through several items.

Now Courtney is on, holding her glass of wine, like a bad actress, unnaturally holding a prop.

QVC has become my filler while waiting for other shows to start.

But even those few minutes are close to unbearably boring and annoying.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

I agree that Amy was very impatient with David Dangle tonight and all I could hear was her bleating caw....caw....caw

horrifying...

I don’t know how these gentlemen like David and even Gary Goben put up with these annoying women but I guess they have a job to do and both of them do it very well even with the likes of Amy and Carolyn....I would love to be a fly on the wall when both of these men finish their segments and hear what they really think LOL

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

I agree that Amy was very impatient with David Dangle tonight and all I could hear was her bleating caw....caw....caw

horrifying...

I don’t know how these gentlemen like David and even Gary Goben put up with these annoying women but I guess they have a job to do and both of them do it very well even with the likes of Amy and Carolyn....I would love to be a fly on the wall when both of these men finish their segments and hear what they really think LOL

Lately I’ve noticed a variety of hosts - including St Mary Beth - rudely interrupting vendors to announce numbers sold, quantity remaining or other hard-core sales shtick. I’m also hearing (in product intros) hosts flatly tell vendors to hurry their presentation because they will only be allowed 2 minutes to do their thing. My guess is a director is screaming instructions in a host’s ear. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

I’ve got on my tank top and my utilitarian skort. I’m ready to boogie, baby.” This woman is insufferable. 

C8ED907C-EAD4-468C-AB69-63F0C1CD2275.thumb.jpeg.82526f2c42e0f2b450d1ac596b7f194b.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 7

4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Marlo Smith is eating on air at HSN!

Have they started at the Q yet?

Can’t wait to watch our fave foodies fondling and shoving hand pulled meat into their pie holes. Yum!

• Laugh 9

55 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Lately I’ve noticed a variety of hosts - including St Mary Beth - rudely interrupting vendors to announce numbers sold, quantity remaining or other hard-core sales shtick. I’m also hearing (in product intros) hosts flatly tell vendors to hurry their presentation because they will only be allowed 2 minutes to do their thing. My guess is a director is screaming instructions in a host’s ear. 

I agree.  More likely producers telling hosts what to do.  Sell, baby, sell!!!! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

There's also something else going on, which I saw earlier during a presentation:  Hosts mentioning the total sold without mentioning a timeframe.  For some items it could very well be the total sold, ever; total sold during that presentation; or total items for a show during a TSV (as we all know, David is famous for that, giving both the show total and the overall total for the day).

ShopHQ also does this a lot.  They also have a habit of doing countdowns of how much is left, which for some products I suspect is what they have during that presentation and not until a full sellout.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Booney said:

I’ve got on my tank top and my utilitarian skort. I’m ready to boogie, baby.” This woman is insufferable. 

C8ED907C-EAD4-468C-AB69-63F0C1CD2275.thumb.jpeg.82526f2c42e0f2b450d1ac596b7f194b.jpeg

If Shawn's American cheese orange nail polish wasn't unattractive enough, now Renee is paying homage to corn muffins on her toes. 

Apparently neons are "in" now.

Maybe we should leave the edgy trends to the teens, who can look back on their poor fashion choices in 30 years and ask themselves "what was I thinking?".

Older people will only be left with a legacy of bad taste that they can't defend when they have dearly departed this earth.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

If Shawn's American cheese orange nail polish wasn't unattractive enough, now Renee is paying homage to corn muffins on her toes. 

Apparently neons are "in" now.

Maybe we should leave the edgy trends to the teens, who can look back on their poor fashion choices in 30 years and ask themselves "what was I thinking?".

Older people will only be left with a legacy of bad taste that they can't defend when they have dearly departed this earth.

Renee said she’s ready to hit the painted clown circuit, er, paint the town red, and do a bit of table dancing. First, ack. Second, beware toes resembling corn dogs. Third, legit table dancers don’t wear fugly polyester anything. Or anything.

• Laugh 6

Did the ‘mature’ cosmetics model Joanne have a face lift? Tonight she modeled Tarte. I didn’t recognize her. Without makeup = Crypt keeper. With = wealthy matron 

• Laugh 9

Did the ‘mature’ cosmetics model Joanne have a face lift? Tonight she modeled Tarte. I didn’t recognize her. Without makeup = Crypt keeper. With = wealthy matron 

I’m still laughing here, at your ‘without’ and ‘with’ description.E5E92A7C-31D6-4C79-96A1-39168C7E4D50.jpeg.28ea27e6ec0fa24e3c8a1e94efe1f6c0.jpeg

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

It's the magic of Tarte!

• Laugh 10

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

It's the magic of Tarte!

Did tarte cap her teeth as well? 😁

• Laugh 13

On 5/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, Retired at last said:

I don't either, but I have seen the movie. Her comment was incredibly offensive and disgusting.

And she’s Jewish!

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

as we all know, David is famous for that, giving both the show total and the overall total for the day).

he does it so self-importantly with that  Gary Owens hand to the ear thing that it's almost parody of parody

• Laugh 11

9 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Renee said she’s ready to hit the painted clown circuit, er, paint the town red, and do a bit of table dancing. First, ack. Second, beware toes resembling corn dogs. Third, legit table dancers don’t wear fugly polyester anything. Or anything.

toenails.jpg

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Jane and Alburti together?

What Fresh Hell is This?

Jane keeps inferring she has/had sex on the beach. Blind guy? Sun eclipse? Epic sand storm? Jack Daniels orgy? 

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Jane and Alburti together?

What Fresh Hell is This?

Occasionally they get paired on Gourmet Holiday.  Add Jane to Alberti's already ultra-excited persona on those shows and let the interesting times begin.

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

On 5/14/2021 at 7:22 AM, BenchWarmer said:

*Cynic alert

What I don't understand is why don't they have any money! 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I guess that means he is now officially "MyAlberti" whenever Jane refers to him.

Has she said it yet?

For such a little person, she can really stir up a lot of nausea.

• Laugh 13

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

I guess that means he is now officially "MyAlberti" whenever Jane refers to him.

Has she said it yet?

For such a little person, she can really stir up a lot of nausea.

Oh, it's even worse: she repeatedly told us that she calls him "My Joy." 🤢🤢🤮

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 4

Does she at least pronounce his name right? I hear him pronounce it as Al-bear-ti, but so many of the hosts say Al-ber-ti. So rude.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

Oh, it's even worse: she repeatedly told us that she calls him "My Joy." 🤢🤢🤮

Little Miss Sunshine apparently only has dearly departed people in her life. Her nightly verbal excavations are creepy crawly ghoulish.

We never hear a sentence begin, “My alcoholic neighbor...high school chum...bridge partner stopped in to chat...drop off a cake...get drunk last night.”

Other than her disgusting ‘ballerina’ feet and cat, fake friends are her temporary besties that get the happy talk treatment on the regular. My advice to both: RUN!!!

*Other hosts reference real friends and friendships all the time

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Elle820 said:

What I don't understand is why don't they have any money! 

Good question. Ant wore the same on-air clothes and shoes for years so I’m thinking professional wardrobe wasn’t the problem. Maybe college tuitions? Horse and grounds upkeep? Underwater mortgage? We are creatures of habit. If they lived paycheck-to-paycheck prior to hitting the employment jackpot, perhaps escalated spending put them in the same elevated position.

• Like 4

Not only have they stopped using hosts for Q2 shows (at least for all of the ones I have seen lately), but now the OAPs are sending in substitute OAPs in their absence.

Spurtle lady's son is now scooping out the last of the mayo and spreading Nutella on bread.

Maybe when family is unavailable, pets will start doing tricks next to items for sale.

I won't mind at all.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Jane has this thing where she has to take possession  of a host/rep/product , or calling herself their TV spouse,mother 

like My Alberti, JackieJane etc 

#needy

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 12

48 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Good question. Ant wore the same on-air clothes and shoes for years so I’m thinking professional wardrobe wasn’t the problem. Maybe college tuitions? Horse and grounds upkeep? Underwater mortgage? We are creatures of habit. If they lived paycheck-to-paycheck prior to hitting the employment jackpot, perhaps escalated spending put them in the same elevated position.

She sure didn’t seem to see the handwriting on the wall and start preparing. I don’t think too many people were surprised when she was let go, but Ant seemed to be. It’s funny, but her reputation was always that she was down to earth, so her actions are a bit shocking. I hope her treatment is successful and that her life gets on an even keel, this all just proves that with all of our speculation , we don’t know these people at all. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Jane has this thing where she has to take possesin of a host/rep/product 

#needy

Hmmmm, interesting.  Your comment makes me wonder if JRT is trying to assert her claim of “longest tenured host,” which of course is not true since she left and came back.  But she does like to be the Grand Host.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Lady J said:

She sure didn’t seem to see the handwriting on the wall and start preparing. I don’t think too many people were surprised when she was let go, but Ant seemed to be. It’s funny, but her reputation was always that she was down to earth, so her actions are a bit shocking. I hope her treatment is successful and that her life gets on an even keel, this all just proves that with all of our speculation , we don’t know these people at all. 

Sadly, ditto.

The Q is currently romancing young, hip, fresh beauty tree huggers. 

Q Ant was cliche mob wife retro: neon daggers, ratted shoe-black hair, loud persona = hot mess. 

Boat Ant is light, natural and toned down. I do hope she recovers well.

I still give a side-eye to the solicitation of money thing. Every YouTube subscription, every click = $$$ in her pocket via ad revenue. Once again I say - especially after viewing her palatial estate video - it’s a bit shocking she and hubby chose the we-are-so-poor feel-sorry-for-us charity route...

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Sadly, ditto.

The Q is currently romancing young, hip, fresh beauty tree huggers. 

Q Ant was cliche mob wife retro: neon daggers, ratted shoe-black hair, loud persona = hot mess. 

Boat Ant is light, natural and toned down. I do hope she recovers well.

I still give a side-eye to the solicitation of money thing. Every YouTube subscription, every click = $$$ in her pocket via ad revenue. Once again I say - especially after viewing her palatial estate video - it’s a bit shocking she and hubby chose the we-are-so-poor feel-sorry-for-us charity route...

Agree, except for the "natural" part. The bleached blonde hair is not natural and never looked natural. It seems to me that her downfall at QVC started when she showed up one day with that awful bleach job she did herself at home. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but her behavior got bizarre after the hair color change.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Agree, except for the "natural" part. The bleached blonde hair is not natural and never looked natural. It seems to me that her downfall at QVC started when she showed up one day with that awful bleach job she did herself at home. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but her behavior got bizarre after the hair color change.

Sometimes dramatic change is indicative of deeper issues. Hyper drive panic mode sets in. Maybe she felt the suits were closing in because of her harsh image. Maybe she was in financial trouble. Maybe her personal life was messy... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Jane has this thing where she has to take possesin of a host/rep/product 

#needy

This statement is so true, I’m going to frame it!  ^!      ^!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Kim Gravel's clothing has definitely creeped up in price. The few things I have purchased are good quality. 

Poor Pam is stuck in hot pink sausage casings leggings.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Encore presentation of Saturday Morning Q:

Blabby (living up to her name and talking a mile a minute) to Alberti:  "Did you go to summer camp?"

Alberti:  "Uh, I grew up in New York City.  No summer camp."

Uh, plenty of city kids go to sleepaway camp. 

I have this sneaking suspicion that Alberti was sent here from another planet, but doesn't always do his best to blend in.

Then Alberti buffed his nails, and Jane, looking like a deer in headlights, almost fell out of her chair when she saw how shiny they were. 

"Alberti, you're blowing me out of the water."

I wish someone would build this woman a faux Broadway or Carnegie Hall stage, because her need to be dramatic is dire.

*Alberti with Jane makes me yearn for Alberti with Rachel.  He sounded like a hyena on uppers.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Carolyn being excessively annoying on the morning Dooney show.

Showing a fuchsia bag: I don't know what's keeping you pink ladies from buying this!?

How about it's $320 you arrogant snot.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 3

13 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Not only have they stopped using hosts for Q2 shows (at least for all of the ones I have seen lately), but now the OAPs are sending in substitute OAPs in their absence.

Spurtle lady's son is now scooping out the last of the mayo and spreading Nutella on bread.

Maybe when family is unavailable, pets will start doing tricks next to items for sale.

I won't mind at all.

...and then the pet gives it’s critique by taking a giant dump 

56 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Showing a fuchsia bag: I don't know what's keeping you pink ladies from buying this!?

How about it’s ugly?

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

8 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I wish someone would build this woman a faux Broadway or Carnegie Hall stage, because her need to be dramatic is dire.

I can totally see Blabby as Mamma Rose in Gypsy. 

“Blabby’s Turn”. 

• Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

I don’t know how she did it...but...LoCo has managed to transition from edgy to matronly

Seems to me her new parent company bought and killed Honora, Ripka, etc. Are they now smothering our favorite looney?

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

15-20 yrs ago, I luvvved me some D&B, and purchased more than a couple of their bags.  Most held up well, and styles like the zip-zip satchel are relatively timeless, but in reality, I think they're stuck in a time warp.  Well, all except the pricing.  They've managed to move the pricing into the current inflationary environment.  I haven't seen anything that I was compelled to buy in several years, even if I were inclined to drop the dough, which I'm not.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 10

I guess Shivan S. is a permanent OAP for Diane Gilman.

I thought it was just temporary while Diane was having chemo treatments, but Shivan never returned as a host.

Not complaining, because I would rather listen to her than Diane.

But the clothing themselves make me not want to watch. They look like throwbacks to the 80s, with the neon colors and outdated trendy styles.

Debbie D., who is hosting, is to HSN what Caro is to QVC.  

Posing and always underestimating or fibbing about her size ("I can take the XL in this."  No, you can't.)

And the cutesy words. Everything is "sassy".

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

"Everybody calls me Debbie D"  is also the biggest HSN over user of rich, elevated, status as adjectives for everything!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

...and then the pet gives it’s critique by taking a giant dump 

How about it’s ugly?

If it's the one I briefly saw this morning when I woke up (I sleep with TV on), I would agree, it was, in my sleep-fogged opinion, a huge and ugly bag.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.