Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Here’s a shocker! Blabby, who’s a charter member of the “Size Up!” club, actually admitted something was too small. She donned this Isaac jacket and it was clear she couldn’t zip it if her life depended on it. She said, “This is two sizes too small. I literally grabbed the first one on the rack.”

BF595DF0-0411-459A-9D86-E9165AF4AF13.thumb.jpeg.2420b24baf7f8b297e2eaf9cd0924879.jpeg

But wait…two sizes too small? Doesn’t she usually say she’s a small? Does that mean this jacket is an extra extra small? Sizes have become absolutely meaningless on the Q, for f**k’s sake.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Stacey's also doing Delizioso Deserts!

No more tight dress Gina??!!

Seems Gina may be on a downward career slide. She’s also been replaced as the substitute traffic reporter on WPVI in Philly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

I heard Jane say yesterday and the day before that she was not on the schedule for Saturday but called up, insisting she must be. 

I guess it was because of Isaac and his exciting TSV.

I can imagine the scheduling person must get a lot of calls like this from her.

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

4 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I heard Jane say yesterday and the day before that she was not on the schedule for Saturday but called up, insisting she must be. 

Gotta pay for that apt in NYC🤑

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Jane is so obviously someone who is called a starf****r.  She desperately wants that proximity to fame to hire one of her offspring. 

Definitely explains why she always sucks up to Laurie Feltheimer.

She's desperate and pathetic and sad.  And not in a good way.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

I'm really starting to appreciate Ginger. The Q is obviously not her life. She strikes me as the type to stay until she doesn't and then will just move on to the next thing.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

And only for an hour.  I'm guessing Amy's 3-hour shift got changed to 2 to make room for Jane.

Or she's really PO'd that she only got 2 hours of Rose of Tralee the other day and she demanded some compensation.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

On 9/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, MzBrooklyn said:

Where the hell is the HR department at the Q??!

No doubt on a long, well deserved vacation (tm)!

• Laugh 6

I guess “Girls with Curves” translates to “wear the biggest, most shapeless thing you can find to hide your curves”? This thing looks like the 2021 version of the muu muu. Amy looks like the Head Abbess of an all-girls Catholic school in this number -

27D8922B-F4B6-42AC-90C3-6E5F38CAE902.thumb.jpeg.ebb310efa4326285713b017bc3c3d6c6.jpeg

She’s looking to heaven for divine guidance here -

A8645943-B82D-4F5C-B081-F14704A29E46.thumb.jpeg.942d7d62ffa114dd7b020d800597ee08.jpeg

She said she was wearing an “extra extra extra small extra small.” I kid you not. Is this a new size category at the Q? What’s the equivalent, a negative 4?

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Let me guess:

Did Amy say she had a muffin for breakfast yesterday and three ravioli for dinner, so appreciates the Dark Horseman cloak to hide it all?

She probably was thinking it, though. 

• Laugh 14

Isaac: “I mean, is that not the chic-est look in the whole world? It’s just divine.” 

0270C5FE-77D4-422B-AB20-317878352313.thumb.jpeg.f646fc0189ca92029cda97300cd945de.jpeg

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Booney said:

Isaac: “I mean, is that not the chic-est look in the whole world? It’s just divine.” 

0270C5FE-77D4-422B-AB20-317878352313.thumb.jpeg.f646fc0189ca92029cda97300cd945de.jpeg

Has Isaac lost his mind, or does he just babble to fill up the time? That is nothing more than a plain ordinary puffer vest.

It is also way too small. The model would never be able to get it fastened across her bosom.

• Like 7

Ya know, now that you mention it, Isaac really does babble. Almost without ceasing, he babbles. Even when the delay on Skype is proving to be difficult, he babbles. When the moment calls for only the host to be speaking (even unwashedhosts), Isaac is babbling.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Booney said:

Here’s a shocker! Blabby, who’s a charter member of the “Size Up!” club, actually admitted something was too small. She donned this Isaac jacket and it was clear she couldn’t zip it if her life depended on it. She said, “This is two sizes too small. I literally grabbed the first one on the rack.”

BF595DF0-0411-459A-9D86-E9165AF4AF13.thumb.jpeg.2420b24baf7f8b297e2eaf9cd0924879.jpeg

But wait…two sizes too small? Doesn’t she usually say she’s a small? Does that mean this jacket is an extra extra small? Sizes have become absolutely meaningless on the Q, for f**k’s sake.

everything Jane has on there is too small.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Blabby should never, ever wear those big, lumpy Irish sweaters with side-seam pockets. Good Lord.

The only people that can carry off side-seam pockets are those with the hips of a 10-yr old boy.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

So happy that Stacey is returning in some capacity. Speaking of Delicioso, where is Chef Tony? Isn't California Innovations Marie Louise's territory?

• Surprise 2

Ali Carr is a sweet woman.

She's a good host.

Oozes positivity.

Very cute.

But she talks about her family even more than Jane.

If I measure that on the Q Annoy-o-Meter, she is right up there with The Blabbiest of All Time.

I'm doing more clicking off of Q and its spawn channels than ever.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Ya know, now that you mention it, Isaac really does babble. Almost without ceasing, he babbles. Even when the delay on Skype is proving to be difficult, he babbles. When the moment calls for only the host to be speaking (even unwashedhosts), Isaac is babbling.

I noticed hosts are giving him the Susan Graver treatment, going over colors while he babbles.

In his mind, maybe he is employing a stream of consciousness presentation style.

This might be interesting on paper, but in person, it is maddening.

• Like 6

One other thing that annoys me is those necklaces Isaac wears. I don't care whether he wears them -- it's that they are all from his costume jewelry collection on QVC, but it's very rare for a host to mention that the necklaces are available for sale. Once in a while they'll show the web page for whatever necklace he has on. If he wants people to order the necklaces, he should speak up during the fashion presentations. Or he could request that Shawn, Jen, and the other hosts he works with to wear a necklace on his show and give the item number.

• Like 12

Newbie Vanessa has, as Kathy Levine would say, a “honker” of a wedding ring set. Reminds me of the first time Joan Rivers worked with Gobby. She looked at her ring and said, “You must be the second wife…the first one NEVER gets a ring that big!”

• Laugh 14

11 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Newbie Vanessa has, as Kathy Levine would say, a “honker” of a wedding ring set. Reminds me of the first time Joan Rivers worked with Gobby. She looked at her ring and said, “You must be the second wife…the first one NEVER gets a ring that big!”

Only Joan. 😊88146F9F-DD75-4EBB-AA74-CB7FAC9A4F37.jpeg.55f9035c39145b48787d60ea96c07b32.jpeg

this is Gobby now. Picture just for ring size reference

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 8

Caro isn't content providing a voice to stuffed squirrel toys.

Now she has bird candles and twitters and squawks and bird talks to them.

Good Grief woman!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Caro isn't content provided a voice to stuffed squirrel toys.

Good Grief woman!

🤢🤢🤮

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

'Just perusing the last few pages.

Amy presenting Women with Curves? That is just so wrong on so many levels I can't even begin to know where to start. 

And to answer Isaac's question \Isaac: “I mean, is that not the chic-est look in the whole world? It’s just divine.” .........The answer to your question is  simply "NO!!!!!!"

• Like 13

Val's illuminated snowflake glitter sphere is actually (to me) nice as a light source.  But it doesn't need the glitter floating inside the globe.  She always takes things one step too far!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Good Grief woman!

My ex-MIL who is a Caro twin, would love the squirrel talk, bird tweets, and whatnot. She is definitely Caro’s target audience. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Good Grief woman!

Bring it on, Caro, I'm ready for ya.....

fullsizeoutput_de8.jpeg

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

I have to say Stacey Stauffer is clearly a much bigger person than I am because after being fired by them I’d have been tempted to tell QVC to stuff their OAP job offer right up where the sun don’t shine. 
Still, work is work I suppose and showbiz is more business than show, so I suppose she’s being very sensible. She’s a thousand times more engaging than Gingerpuss. 

• Like 13

There are a number of kitchen/food OAP’s I’d be happy to see Stacey replace. 
Lugwig: cocky, full of herself and over exposed. 
Fleming-Epps: The Stepford Wife who’s on permanent repeat no matter what product she’s selling. 
Idina Thingy: The Marge Simpson of David’s Cookies. That voice 😖

I could go on! 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Mary Louise Ludwig still has a job, thank goodness!  Didn't someone say Stacey is also repping California Innovations now, too?

She's on selling....wait for it!.....FRUITCAKE!

She is nuttier than one!

1 minute ago, Burly said:

There are a number of kitchen/food OAP’s I’d be happy to see Stacey replace. 
Lugwig: cocky, full of herself and over exposed. 
Fleming-Epps: The Stepford Wife who’s on permanent repeat no matter what product she’s selling. 

I could go on! 

I can't stand Flemming-Epps.

Or that one who's married to a QVC exec.

I thought Stacey did a great job and it was good to see her.  Living well is the best revenge!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Val's illuminated snowflake glitter sphere is actually (to me) nice as a light source.  But it doesn't need the glitter floating inside the globe.  She always takes things one step too far!

But, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, those steps lead right to the bank😉

• Laugh 11

8 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Mary Louise Ludwig still has a job, thank goodness!  Didn't someone say Stacey is also repping California Innovations now, too?

She's on selling....wait for it!.....FRUITCAKE!

She is nuttier than one!

I can't stand Flemming-Epps.

Or that one who's married to a QVC exec.

I thought Stacey did a great job and it was good to see her.  Living well is the best revenge!

The difference between Stacy and some others is she really can cook. I’m really glad she is back !

• Like 10

Please, somebody get KC or Stevie Winwood on the phone to retrieve those “dancing shoes”…STAT!!

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Diva cracked me up when he was presenting Mama Mancini's meatballs.  He went so far as saying he pulls them out of the freezer because he's too busy cooking at QVC to want to cook something when he gets home. Who is he trying to kid?!

• Laugh 17

22 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

Diva cracked me up when he was presenting Mama Mancini's meatballs.  He went so far as saying he pulls them out of the freezer because he's too busy cooking at QVC to want to cook something when he gets home. Who is he trying to kid?!

I've bought them before at the grocery store.  They're microwaveable right in the package, so David doesn't even need to get a pot out of the cupboard unless he wants pasta to go with them. 

(IMO, they're nothing spectacular, the sauce in particular, but they do the job if you need something fast or don't want anything with too much kick to it; you can always add your own seasonings if you find it bland.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Burly said:

OMG Burly, you are so right. She could break glass. And I often wonder if she can actually see?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Jacqui Stafford was shilling on Q2 alone. Aside from the tone of her voice (not the accent), she is pretty watchable. All business except the brief doggie cuddle. 

Q2 is much more watchable than the main Q. Far less nonsense.

• Like 12

I’d say Diamond Dave has consumed at least 1,000 carbs and that many calories during his show.
Candy, cakes, cookies, desserts, oh my!

• Like 1
  • Surprise 7

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Agree! It seems that most of her items are either full of glitter, or illuminated, or both.

When skimming through Items Recently on Air, I noticed that some of her items are advance order and don't ship until November 15. That is way too late for Christmas decorations. Besides, if they aren't put in the mail until Nov. 15, who knows how long it will take them to be delivered to the customers' homes? Five more days? Ten days?

If I wanted to have new Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I'd go shop in person at Michael's or JoAnn's or some other local store.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Agree! It seems that most of her items are either full of glitter, or illuminated, or both.

When skimming through Items Recently on Air, I noticed that some of her items are advance order and don't ship until November 15. That is way too late for Christmas decorations. Besides, if they aren't put in the mail until Nov. 15, who knows how long it will take them to be delivered to the customers' homes? Five more days? Ten days?

If I wanted to have new Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I'd go shop in person at Michael's or JoAnn's or some other local store.

At one point Valerie and Rick joked that they were about to present an item that didn't require batteries.

• Laugh 6

Rachel is the next Jane Treacy. She is obsessed with being the focus. 
It’s a given that Dan is not a frequent host for food shows, but she just can’t give up the spotlight.  At least his volume is lower than Alberti, so that’s a small plus. 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Rachel is the next Jane Treacy. She is obsessed with being the focus. 
It’s a given that Dan is not a frequent host for food shows, but she just can’t give up the spotlight.  At least his volume is lower than Alberti, so that’s a small plus. 

Perhaps because of Dan's ticker issues earlier this year he's limited in what he can taste and the amounts so he can have a happy cardiologist, which means while he can take the lead on segments Rachel has to take the lead on tastings?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.