Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Did Jen take a crimping iron to her hair? Yikes. She was presenting something the other day, clothing maybe. They zoomed in on the ends of her hair. She had a lot of split-ends. Time for a trim Jen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Burly said:

Every time I see the Yonanas presentation I think of iconic America’s Next Top Model winner Yoanna 

0-D0-F11-DD-3-FCC-4-F3-B-82-FD-ECE29-BE7

Yoanna is an OAP for something. I saw her about a week ago. She's blonde now, still looks great.

• Useful 1

45 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

What is he selling that everyone's hair looks like crap! Jen's looks terrible, and she looked bored listening to him rambling on. He looks like he puts black shoe polish in his beard way to dark!

Agreed, @Elle820.  Couldn't hide her boredom.

She surprised me when she rudely interrupted him mid-sentence to say how great one of the models looked.

Jen:  "Sorry for interrupting".  But she didn't seem to be.

He is headed into cartoon character territory with his appearance. 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3

He should have styled Jen’s hair like he did his models — hot rollers, blow out, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Did Jen take a crimping iron to her hair? Yikes. She was presenting something the other day, clothing maybe. They zoomed in on the ends of her hair. She had a lot of split-ends. Time for a trim Jen.

On her social media, she said (during the past two weeks?) she had six inches cut off her hair. With such a fresh trim, she shouldn't be getting split ends yet. Wonder what she's using on her hair, that could have damaged it so rapidly?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

On her social media, she said (during the past two weeks?) she had six inches cut off her hair. With such a fresh trim, she shouldn't be getting split ends yet. Wonder what she's using on her hair, that could have damaged it so rapidly?

What's causing her hair to get damaged is probably a flat iron.  It's what most people are using today to get that super straight hair Jenn was sporting for the TSV.  It's also how to get sort of the wavier look on longer hair that hosts like Courtney and also Jenn have had.

They work well...but I find it can really damage your hair if you don't use a protective spray or have a "safer" flat iron.  Even then, particularly if you color your hair, you could leave your hair vulnerable to damage.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

19 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

This kitchen set is a disaster. 

It's cluttered and claustrophobic. 

David stumbles and bumbles and waddles from one inane location to another.

It was smoother, cleaner and more professional when the set ups were merely wheeled in and out.

A moron came up with this (in my opinion. )  A complete failure. 

JMO but I think that setup was done intentionally to ensure the hosts do as little "cooking" as possible when they're using it.  It also makes me wonder how long it's going to be before they have hosts and OAPs standing next to each other while the OAP is cooking, since that set is not conducive to that either. 

• Useful 4

The other two new Q hosts, Vanessa and Rosina, will be starting to co-host Q2 programs next week (week of the 17th).  And looking ahead into June, it also appears Julia will be doing nights 2-3 times a week on main Q and the sidekick job on ITKWD, but nothing regularly scheduled on Q2.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Proselytizing makes me very uncomfortable 

if someone gave me a scripture card I would not like that,

not everyone is like minded,  

what do you all think, this is about CCB scripture cards 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I would be offended. Is this something she’s hawking or are we blessed with a scripture card with every purchase?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I feel the same way don't preach to me I find it very offensive. I have my own faith, it's very personal to me. So don't shove yours down my throat. JMO I think people that are always preaching have or had problems.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I would be offended. Is this something she’s hawking or are we blessed with a scripture card with every purchase?

It was a set of stationery with inspirational messages and separate cards a giver could include.  It would have to be a deliberate choice by the giver to gift one.  Personally, I'd be careful in making sure the recipient would be OK with it.

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-55-Piece-Inspirational-Stationary-Set.product.H226345.html

Although you can tell by the link they have a stationary/stationery issue at Q.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Just to let you guys know that if you don't immediately hear from me over a reply it is because I am still having major problems with my text format.  I can post "horizontally" but when I hit my Submit Reply bar all I see with my and everyone else's posts are a "vertical" arrangement that makes it virtually impossible (and headache-inducing) to read.

Carolyn is returning from vacation tomorrow and I want to get in my snark but don't know how successful or prolific I can be with this ongoing problem.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I see it akin to the Bibles, including “talking bibles” they sell or used to sell.

Not crazy about it, but I’m sure a lot of the Q ladies will like it.

I totally see this as CCB’s idea of “evangelizing” for the masses.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, RubberbandGirl said:

Laura Slatkin showed up on Friday Night Beauty without her signature hairdo.

1255206842_lauraslatkin031921.thumb.png.b9103df4aaf001b0640604d86e3e2a2a.png

I’ve wondered if Laura’s pouf is a wiglet or pin-on hairpiece. It’s hard to imagine her hair in this pic blowing out to the *volume and density she’s usually sporting.

*OTOH, perhaps Tweaked By Nature guy volumizes her to lemon meringue pie heights

**anyone remember when TBN guy had his first company he would routinely hold up a jar of Brazilian mud goop, giving credit to his then wife’s grandmother who lived in the Brazilian jungle? Today’s version is that he discovered the magic stuff and formulates it in labs

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Isaac's enthusiasm on a gold top:

"Amber Alert!"

This and his laughing hysterically whenever he talks about how his cat died are the two out of three strikes that I need to totally click him off when he appears on QVC (honestly, I really only needed the cat one).

Besides, I think most of his clothes are dreck.

Tim Gunn on Isaac:

"In the book ("Golden Rules"), Gunn takes on designer Isaac Mizrahi, calling him a spoiled snob. He explained to the Daily News, 'Oh, please, I was so kind to him. I mean, I wouldn't have the words to describe some of the more abhorrent behavior. He really is a terrible, terrible, terrible person.'"

"Gunn does not regret calling designer Isaac Mizrahi “one of the world’s biggest divas.” And with a narrowed eye and raised eyebrow he makes clear he could have said much worse.

“This is merely the tip of the iceberg,” Gunn said.

But he’s not planning a follow-up. 'I’ve gone as far as fits taste.'"

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

@CandyApple thanks for posting those Tim Gunn statements about Isaac.  Couldn't agree with him more!

"Spoiled snob" -- right on the money imo.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Just to let you guys know that if you don't immediately hear from me over a reply it is because I am still having major problems with my text format.  I can post "horizontally" but when I hit my Submit Reply bar all I see with my and everyone else's posts are a "vertical" arrangement that makes it virtually impossible (and headache-inducing) to read.

Carolyn is returning from vacation tomorrow and I want to get in my snark but don't know how successful or prolific I can be with this ongoing problem.

Did you report your problem in the Bugs forum? Maybe they can help. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

@CandyApple thanks for posting those Tim Gunn statements about Isaac.  Couldn't agree with him more!

"Spoiled snob" -- right on the money imo.

IM may well be all that Gunn says he is, but Gunn comes off as really bitchy, and I don't get that from Isaac 

but as Dr Phil says "you can make a pancake as flat as you can but it still has two sides "

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

IM may well be all that Gunn says he is, but Gunn comes off as really bitchy, and I don't get that from Isaac 

but as Dr Phil says "you can make a pancake as flat as you can but it still has two sides "

Now I want pancakes with butter and real maple syrup.  I have two of the three on hand.

Thanks a lot.

• Laugh 9

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Now I want pancakes with butter and real maple syrup.  I have two of the three on hand.

Thanks a lot.

LOL

substitute Paper for P-------e

• Like 1

Obviously Isaac’s a diva and snob since he hasn’t invited a certain unwashed host to summer in the Hamptons with him. 

• Laugh 9

I've watched many seasons of Project Runway with Tim Gunn. Also watched Isaac M being a judge on the fashion program he was on. I'm going to side with Tim on the "spoiled snob" issue. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did you report your problem in the Bugs forum? Maybe they can help. 

I have, thanks.

• Like 1

I'll say it before and I'll say it again:  Isaac as a Project Runway judge would rip to shreds some of the stuff he supposedly creates for QVC.

• Like 9

I have heard about the  flaws in both of them, but I still enjoy both!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Using the Amber Alert in relation to clothing is almost as bad as the other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

Maybe they are just ignorant, have a rotten sense of humor, or are simply total a-holes.

None are attractive qualities, IMO.

• Like 9
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I once missed crossing paths with Tim Gunn by mere minutes and was grateful because it was a not-a-stellar-effort day.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

52 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's a good way to look at it. Everyone has flaws. That doesn't mean I have to cancel them from my viewing list. I still watch some of Isaac's shows on the Q. 

Having said that, I choose to NOT watch Lisa Rinna. I don't want to give her a moment of my time. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

I like canceling people if they irk me to the point of anger.

As Bobby Brown said, "It's my prerogative".

I also do not watch Lisa Rinna.  And not just because I have to change the aspect of the picture to fit her lips on my screen.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 9

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I'd be offended. I'm shopping for secular products, not for spiritual assistance. If I wanted Bible merchandise, I'd go directly to one of the websites that specializes in those products.

It's very presumptuous of CCB to do this. She has no clue what religious beliefs are held by the people who order her QVC products. Or if they are even religious at all, for that matter.

Even JTV doesn't send out religious literature with the Christian religion-oriented items they sell: crosses, prayer boxes (little sterling boxes, like lockets, with some loose gemstones inside), and things like necklaces and bracelets engraved with the words "blessed," "faith," etc. Two of their hosts, sisters Wendy and Heidi Williams, often speak of their Christian religion during their shows, but they don't do it in a pushy way. In past years when Michael Paolercio of Michael Anthony jewelry (Anthony is his younger brother) did a lot of gold shows on HSN, he sold a lot of Catholic-themed religious jewelry. He spoke about his religion a lot, but he didn't proselytize to the customers either.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Using the Amber Alert in relation to clothing is almost as bad as the other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

Maybe they are just ignorant, have a rotten sense of humor, or are simply total a-holes.

None are attractive qualities, IMO.

GMTA

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thumper said:

I see it akin to the Bibles, including “talking bibles” they sell or used to sell.

Not crazy about it, but I’m sure a lot of the Q ladies will like it.

I totally see this as CCB’s idea of “evangelizing” for the masses.  

Masses of dollars in the bank, y'all!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Gunn takes on designer Isaac Mizrahi, calling him a spoiled snob. He explained to the Daily News, 'Oh, please, I was so kind to him.

With this self congratulatory statement....

I will take what TG says about IM with a grain of salt...

• Like 7

TG reminds me of Drs who get a JD and testify in medical cases: couldn't make it as designer but is fine criticizing everyone in the business 

• Like 5

My feelings about Isaac Mizrahi are less about what Tim Gunn says and more about what has come out of the horse's mouth itself while on QVC.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, CandyApple said:

other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

I missed that - can you say who it was? Unbelievable.

10 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I missed that - can you say who it was? Unbelievable.

LoGo

• Surprise 3

14 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Thanks, @CandyApple, and I really am surprised. 

not really she doesn't have kids, so therefore no connection with the actual meaning 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

oh boy "nutsy has been locked in my dressing room for 2 weeks

"I'm b-a-a-a-c-k!!  Did you all miss me?"

Not exactly, Carolyn....

• Laugh 11

Wondering why Q thinks it necessary to bring hosts’ families into show themes. Does it make a difference to you, as consumers, whether you hear the hosts’ family history and see their family photos? Isn’t Jane Treacy’s family history and 8mm films enough for one channel?

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Wondering why Q thinks it necessary to bring hosts’ families into show themes. Does it make a difference to you, as consumers, whether you hear the hosts’ family history and see their family photos? Isn’t Jane Treacy’s family history and 8mm films enough for one channel?

Not only does it make no difference, it actually turns me off. I want to see products presented professionally, not families, stupid questions of the day or other ridiculous time fillers. 

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

Not only does it make no difference, it actually turns me off. I want to see products presented professionally, not families, stupid questions of the day or other ridiculous time fillers. 

I guess there’s not much to say when you’re selling crap?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.