Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Isaac’s Jackie is doing a great job on Q2!

• Like 4

1000 pages of snark successfully completed. 
Round of applause everyone! 👏🏻 👏🏻 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 12

15 hours ago, hummingbird said:

the few hosts that CAN actually cook were canned,  

Stacy's Stauffer is a good cook . Her social media site "Savor it with Stacy"  has good recipes .  Antonella thinks she's a good cook, but as someone who was raised with a mom from Italy, I found her "spins" on good  recipes totally gross and she was also gross to watch when she cooked on YouTube .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Stacy's Stauffer is a good cook . Her social media site "Savor it with Stacy"  has good recipes .  Antonella thinks she's a good cook, but as someone who was raised with a mom from Italy, I found her "spins" on good  recipes totally gross and she was also gross to watch when she cooked on YouTube .

Sorry Antonella is ill, but she's been gross and over the top for a long time ! I never could watch her cooking videos . She was wiping sweat , not being sanitary and the food made me sick with her two sticks of butter , or basically boiling filet mignon !  Watching her present food on QVC was nauseating ! Licking her fingers , talking with food in her mouth and picking at her teeth while yelling about how good it was ! Blech !  Her latest video has her eating and is so gross !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 6

On 5/3/2021 at 9:25 PM, CandyApple said:

Courtney says the Prive Revaux sunglasses are "bringing luxury to the masses". 

🙄

Then she said an awesome caller from last night has 50 pairs.

OAP:  *crickets*

I saw that ! The hosts seem t be getting more and more desperate and saying very stupid things !
They are also doing things they are embarrassing like dance parties to sell BOSE.  The OAP's expression when Rachel and Jennifer were dancing was priceless !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

On 5/4/2021 at 12:24 PM, Retired at last said:

I am totally turned off by Ant's video. This seems like just basic social media nonsense to me - look at me eating. Look at me sitting on the beach. Look at me opening presents from my followers. Yuck! So perhaps the money that is being raised is going to pay for Ant's family vacations and the support of two able-bodied unemployed men? Her minions will just be happy that she is having a nice time and continue to send her money from their social security checks. That makes me the most sad.

Her video was basically showing them enjoying the day at the beach , a restaurant and opening gifts from the fans she told to come and visit her since she gave out her location . Very smart thing to do with  comprised immunity system during a pandemic !  Then again, worrying about being clean isn't on Antonella's to do list !  She's licking frosting from that top of a box of pastries and watching her eat in the restaurant was sickening . Was she always like this ? I didn't think she was when she first came on QVC.

I don't get how anyone can't see that they are basically funding a college dream of living on a boat!  I'm sure antonella has some benefits from QVC since she mentioned non compete clauses and also never will bash them .  She must have money and benefits to keep her mouth shut and also not get another job in a similar setting . 

Oh and wow ! Can they be more reckless and incompetent?  They didn't notice the anchor wasn't attached to the chain and also were on the boat for weeks without insurance ! They didn't take the boat for a trial ? And don't get me started about Antonella thinking it was fun that they were speeding faster than the boat was made to handle , all while the cat is sitting and looking at the water ! Ugh! 

I also don't get how a woman who has lymph node surgery was able to pack and carry boxes and also work on a boat ? Her sleeping 20 hours a week with lymphoma and weight loss has disappeared? My cousin has lymphoma and doesn't need treatment yet but she he's very little energy and has lost a lot of weight .  Also lymph node surgery might require wearing a sling and not using your arm for a while . Moving seems like something that would  be difficult. Not doubting she has a diagnosis, but somethings do seem a bit confusing !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, goldenpuppy said:

Her video was basically showing them enjoying the day at the beach , a restaurant and opening gifts from the fans she told to come and visit her since she gave out her location . Very smart thing to do with  comprised immunity system during a pandemic !  Then again, worrying about being clean isn't on Antonella's to do list !  She's licking frosting from that top of a box of pastries and watching her eat in the restaurant was sickening . Was she always like this ? I didn't think she was when she first came on QVC.

I don't get how anyone can't see that they are basically funding a college dream of living on a boat!  I'm sure antonella has some benefits from QVC since she mentioned non compete clauses and also never will bash them .  She must have money and benefits to keep her mouth shut and also not get another job in a similar setting . 

Oh and wow ! Can they be more reckless and incompetent?  They didn't notice the anchor wasn't attached to the chain and also were on the boat for weeks without insurance ! They didn't take the boat for a trial ? And don't get me started about Antonella thinking it was fun that they were speeding faster than the boat was made to handle , all who's their vent is sitting at looking at the water ! Ugh! 

I also don't get how a woman who has lymph node surgery was able to pack and carry boxes and also work on a boat ? Her sleeping 20 hours a week with lymphoma and weight loss has disappeared? My cousin has lymphoma and doesn't need treatment yet but she he's very little energy and has lost a lot of weight .  Also lymph node surgery might require wearing a sling and not using your arm for a while . Moving seems like something that would  be difficult. Not doubting she has a diagnosis, but somethings do seem a bit confusing !

and yet they are still whining for her to be rehired

I will keep my thoughts to myself on this one 

• Like 7

If Ant is still in a non-compete period, probably one year, there is likely also a non-disparagement clause. My company has them: don't say anything bad on social media or all benefits can be terminated and subject to clawback.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

Dan H. has been cleared to go back to work; his first day back on air will be next Wednesday, the 13th, at 7 a.m.  He said on his Facebook page that he had a heart attack, got carted out of QVC in an ambulance, and had to have lifesaving emergency surgery.

• Surprise 7
  • Sad 6

7 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Dan H. has been cleared to go back to work; his first day back on air will be next Wednesday, the 13th, at 7 a.m.  He said on his Facebook page that he had a heart attack, got carted out of QVC in an ambulance, and had to have lifesaving emergency surgery.

Qurate no doubt counting the days until he's 65 and eligible for Medicare, thereby getting him the hell off their plan.  Wasn't this the second heart 'event' that we've been made aware of?  With two of these under his belt so to speak, I wouldn't think he'd be too interested in hanging around QVC much longer.  Go forth and live the life he's been planning I would think.

Edit - yeah, found this on Distractify dot com: what-happened-to-dan-hughes-on-qvc

Though he didn’t go into details about his recent medical issue, Dan has been candid over the years about his February 2013 heart attack. He opened up about that scare in a Facebook post that November.

“I am by nature a rather private individual (not easy to do when you work on TV),” he wrote in that post. “I can also truly say that every single day of my life feels like a blessing. Many of you might know that I was out of work for an extended period of time back in February … and I have never really taken the time to say why.”

He went on: “On Feb 21st, I suffered a massive heart attack that should have ended my days. But, for reasons that I cannot understand … it did not. I will spend the rest of my long and happy life trying to deserve this second chance.”

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

If Ant is still in a non-compete period, probably one year, there is likely also a non-disparagement clause. My company has them: don't say anything bad on social media or all benefits can be terminated and subject to clawback.

Right! My employer does the same thing to terminated employees. They sign the agreements in exchange for continuing their salary and benefits over a certain period of time. Antonella said she had an opportunity to do something but can't talk about it until August because of a non-compete clause.

So basically Ithey want 150,000 in donations when her husband had a year to. Look for a job, same with hea son who is in his 30's.  Also her husband let go during the pandemic most likely has some extension of benefits end salary or at least enhanced unemployment.  I can't blame Antonella for not looking for work now since she needs treatment  but her husband and son are another story .  However pretending to be broke and taking  donations from posters who are sending SS and stimulus money is shady, while her rabid fans whine on social media that QVC should pay her medical bills and donate money from the sales of certain items to Antonella , and also attack the hosts for not talking shout her on the air !

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Right! My employer does the same thing to terminated employees. They sign the agreements in exchange for continuing their salary and benefits over a certain period of time. Antonella said she had an opportunity to do something but can't talk about it until August because of a non-compete clause.

So basically Ithey want 150,000 in donations when her husband had a year to. Look for a job, same with hea son who is in his 30's.  Also her husband let go during the pandemic most likely has some extension of benefits end salary or at least enhanced unemployment.  I can't blame Antonella for not looking for work now since she needs treatment  but her husband and son are another story .  However pretending to be broke and taking  donations from posters who are sending SS and stimulus money is shady, while her rabid fans whine on social media that QVC should pay her medical bills and donate money from the sales of certain items to Antonella , and also attack the hosts for not talking shout her on the air !

secretly wishing someone reports that GFM

Husband should be doing something/anything to support the family as should the kid, 

jobs are out there not glamorous but a paycheck is a paycheck ,  that will catch up with them somewhere and some how 

• Like 5

Antonella was walking a fine line during that Facebook chat while the other two there were talking smack about QVC employees.

I don't think she said anything disparaging, but did contribute to the conversation about her time at QVC.

Perhaps those two should have left her out of it, instead of sticking her in the middle, or talked about something other than her last employer.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Antonella was walking a fine line during that Facebook chat while the other two there were talking smack about QVC employees.

I don't think she said anything disparaging, but did contribute to the conversation about her time at QVC.

Perhaps those two should have left her out of it, instead of sticking her in the middle, or talked about something other than her last employer.

what happens at QVC stays at QVC

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

25 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Did we really need to know that Ant used to lick the jewelry at the Q so no one else would touch it!  Bizarre behavior that her former colleagues seem to think was cute. TMI!!!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 4

MBR playing the age card with the laptop, guess she has to as the granny panderer is away this week 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Did we really need to know that Ant used to lick the jewelry at the Q so no one else would touch it!  Bizarre behavior that her former colleagues seem to think was cute. TMI!!!!

That was disgusting to hear, but I'm not surprised that Antonella was so gross and crazy .

• Like 3

I was just going to mention that there is nothing more pathetic or painful than watching Mary Beth present technology!

"So, tell me what this does and all that jazz."

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

19 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

MBR playing the age card with the laptop, guess she has to as the granny panderer is away this week 

MBR is like that annoying coworker who always says she's so old and acts like she can never learn any new technology because she's over the age of 50!   I do think her personality does appeal to those middle aged women who act very old for their age.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

I do think her personality does appeal to those middle aged women who act very old for their age.

well said 

and they live among us 

of course this in an entry level computer,  so she's playing to the crowd, I guess

• Like 4

I’d like to see MBR try to sell this number I found while searching last night...

82564C1F-251E-451A-95B4-B00748426D69.jpeg.b3c6662d6f60a8929b035b8384a3592e.jpeg

Or has she already and I missed it?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 2

This is not the first time MBR had to sell one of those thingies!!  I don't get it!!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

This is not the first time MBR had to sell one of those thingys!!  I don't get it!!!

At this point, maybe Mary Beth is just playing the role of "Mary Beth".

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Did we really need to know that Ant used to lick the jewelry at the Q so no one else would touch it! 

That's disgusting! And sounds like Rachel eating out of the Germack jar (I remember she actually drank out of it - just poured it down her throat) so no one else would eat it. I saw that once and will NEVER watch Rachel do another show, even not food.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 8

33 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

This is not the first time MBR had to sell one of those thingys!!  I don't get it!!!

She might as well just say straight out that the TSV is at such a great price because it's not the latest technology and they could therefore get a great deal from HP, passing the "savings" on to you, the Q customer who may not know any better.  Because that's what she's implying by playing the "I don't know anything about this" card.

Is there a market for basic laptops?  Absolutely.  But look at the specs of this TSV and you'll see it's outdated by a long shot.

• Like 5

It's probably going to be purchased by well-meaning grandmothers for their grandchild's Christmas present. And those grandmothers will be disappointed when the gift recipient leaves the computer at Grandma's house for when they come to visit.

• Like 5

I just flipped to q now and mbr was Talking about downloading something to her iPhone and iPad so so much for her I don’t know nothing about computers act

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

her son is not in his 30's.he is in his early 20's

Juniors in Times Square reopened today.  That's Alan Rosen far right.   150 employees return to work.

Image-from-iOS-85-1200x675.jpg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

he can still get a part time job somewhere in a family crisis

• Like 6

7 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I saw that ! The hosts seem t be getting more and more desperate and saying very stupid things !
They are also doing things they are embarrassing like dance parties to sell BOSE.  The OAP's expression when Rachel and Jennifer were dancing was priceless !

Oh LORD....  Those dance parties to sell that POS Bose radio that does not even have Bluetooth built in.  Yes Rachel dancing.  Girl.  NO ! ! ! !

• Like 4

Please, is it me, or does Sandra Bennett act like every show is her first day on air?

The breathless  “exclaim” over the item being presented is worn.  A motion activated light comes on and suddenly she’s Julia Roberts opening a jewelry box from Richard Gere  🤦‍♀️

PS  Her forehead wins the ice rink award.

Diamond Dave’s is bigger, but hers is shiny-er.

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Laugh 8

8 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Please, is it me, or does Sandra Bennett act like every show is her first day on air?

The breathless  “exclaim” over the item being presented is worn.  A motion activated light comes on and suddenly she’s Julia Roberts opening a jewelry box from Richard Gere  🤦‍♀️

PS  Her forehead wins the ice rink award.

Diamond Dave’s is bigger, but hers is shiny-er.

its. not you

• Like 5

3 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

MBR is like that annoying coworker who always says she's so old and acts like she can never learn any new technology because she's over the age of 50!   I do think her personality does appeal to those middle aged women who act very old for their age.

I was kind of slow to adopt technology, but come on, computers and smart phones have been around for many years. She must use both, so maybe she’s playing dumb, kind of like Skunky does . I swear they all have been assigned a part to play.

• Like 6

Just now, Lady J said:

I was kind of slow to adopt technology, but come on, computers and smart phones have been around for many years. She must use both, so maybe she’s playing dumb, kind of like Skunky does . I swear they all have been assigned a part to play.

see my post outing her usage of ipads/iphones 

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Maybe the licking the jewelry habit was the final straw, in the midst of Covid. Too high risk.

Nose wipes are ok, as long as you’re a mad cool, top seller. But straight up licking? In Covid? Bye. Go with these other hosts as we clean house.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

what happens at QVC stays at QVC

Much like the junk they've had on air lately...

• Laugh 10

Some people have a foot fetish (🤢).  Maybe Antonella has a jewelry fetish.

Still, lick your own jewelry in private, if you must. 

She did get pretty gaspy while presenting all things bejeweled and gilded.

During the now semi-infamous FB chat, Ant recalled how the hosts were looking at jewelry that was going to be in the QVC shows during the Italy trip and got huffy when she was not shown all of it, demanding to see every last bit of what the buyers and vendors had, even if it was not scheduled for presentation.

She seemed scarily serious.

• Surprise 5

5 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’d like to see MBR try to sell this number I found while searching last night...

MBR has presented one of these thingies too! Different brand. It was cringey.  I remember her saying she never wore them but tried it out for the presentation! UGH!

3 hours ago, Aerohalen said:

Ant's son on the boat with them is 32 I'm pretty sure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

MBR has presented one of these thingies too! Different brand. It was cringey.  I remember her saying she never wore them but tried it out for the presentation! UGH!

That is cringey.

TMI, Mary Beth.  And maybe TTR (Time To Retire). 

Regularly giggling at the air also makes me think she might need to go.

Not because of age, but because that job should come with an expiration date, so one might maintain some semblance of sanity.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Aerohalen said:

Micheal aka Mickey is son on the boat adventure , he is 32 years old .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

It says not eligible for returns or exchanges, and I know that’s the rule for clearance products, but I wonder if it could be returned at the full price?  That certainly could be an interesting “as is” product.  Sorry, I don’t want someone’s butt crack dirt.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

In the Q's attempts to be "fresh", they are coming off as less than classy:

1.  Mary Beth leaving her comfort zone and testing out thong wear:  I don't need a picture.   

2.  Leah presenting "Better Than Sex" mascara.  I was uncomfortable for her.

3. A show called "What the Tech?"  I think we know on which current commonly asked question this is based.

And hearing David bellow that title just seemed wrong.

No, we don't need to see Jane in a hoop skirt or hear Carolyn baby talking us to death, but adding a sexual or profane undertone to a channel that used to be dedicated to more wholesome presentations seems awkward, forced, and just selling out.

There are other ways to modernize your company.  Try thinking of some.  💡

• Like 14

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Micheal aka Mickey is son on the boat adventure , he is 32 years old .

i was going off a picture that was dated from 2018 saying he was only 17 then.guess it was wrong.

58 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

1.  Mary Beth leaving her comfort zone and testing out thong wear:  I don't need a picture.   

3. A show called "What the Tech?"  I think we know on which current commonly asked question this is based.

No, we don't need to see Jane in a hoop skirt or hear Carolyn baby talking us to death, but adding a sexual or profane undertone to a channel that used to be dedicated to more wholesome presentations seems awkward, forced, and just selling out.

I saw that presentation. Leah did the best she could. Whenever she had to say the name "Better Than Sex," she said it in a matter-of-fact way, as if she were saying some ordinary mascara name like Great Length Lashes (or something). She didn't try to snicker or make it sound suggestive. After the OAP left, Shawn piped up and said that although she wasn't bashful, even she felt a little funny abut the name.

I wouldn't buy the mascara just because of the name. If you want to make a list of things that are BTS, mascara is pretty far down on the list.

MAC has a mascara named "False Lashes." That's a silly name too. You either wear mascara, or wear false eyelashes. You don't get false lashes out of a tube. Many cosmetics names, across many brands, are pretty ridiculous.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I saw that presentation. Leah did the best she could. Whenever she had to say the name "Better Than Sex," she said it in a matter-of-fact way, as if she were saying some ordinary mascara name like Great Length Lashes (or something). She didn't try to snicker or make it sound suggestive. After the OAP left, Shawn piped up and said that although she wasn't bashful, even she felt a little funny abut the name.

I wouldn't buy the mascara just because of the name. If you want to make a list of things that are BTS, mascara is pretty far down on the list.

MAC has a mascara named "False Lashes." That's a silly name too. You either wear mascara, or wear false eyelashes. You don't get false lashes out of a tube. Many cosmetics names, across many brands, are pretty ridiculous.

So true, @Coffeecup.

I ordered a pedicure stand from QVC for my mother and bought three nail polishes to go with it today. 

One was called "Taupe-less Beach".  Tacky.

The second was "Tickle My Francey", which could be cute or perverted. 

The third was "Lady Like".  Thank goodness.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

QVC finally gave overnight host Katrina Szish a TSV, a Logo Lori dress. About time! I wish they'd give more TSVs to Katrina and fewer to the Unshowered One. For example, Katrina could do a much better job with a beauty TSV, because she cares about her appearance. She is always neat, clean, and well-groomed. Hair and makeup impeccable.

I'm not crazy about the way Lori styled the dress (outdoors picture), with the leggings and booties underneath, and the screaming bright fuchsia cardigan. But that's the way she likes her things to look.

misc pics QVC Katrina Szish dress TSV Logo Lori 1 5-07-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Katrina Szish dress TSV Logo Lori 2 5-07-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Katrina Szish dress TSV Logo Lori 3 Lori styling it 5-07-21.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Another Too Faced product that may want to "rethink" what they call it was once presented on the Q and maybe HSN!  It makes their mascara seem modest!!  Glad it sold out and is no longer available and I'm sure the hosts are too. I think Too Faced is known for their "profanity" branding but don't thiink the Q or HSN is the right place for them to be provocative or perhaps even raunchy.  There are lots of other places for that IMO.

And whatever the Q is trying to do to be less wholesome. Give it up!  It's not cute and they aren't very good at it!

20210507_022427_compress63.jpg.2f42d234fef479ae0de998df9fe7d524.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 4

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.