Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

1 hour ago, Neiman said:

I just tuned in for less than 60 seconds and heard Amy refer to LOGO as “Lor” three times. I don’t know why, but that’s gotten to where it sounds almost like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

I like Amy, but I hate it when she shortens names like that!

Husband saw Lori in that getup and said “she looks terrible!” 😁

Regarding “boyfriend,” I agree that it sounds juvenile, but many of the others are awkward as @CandyApple said.  Even “partner” could be male or female love  interest. ( Not that it’s anybody’s business!)

Hey!  My grandpa had a “lady friend.”  Maybe “gentleman friend???” 😁

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Yep, just coming here to post it. More proof that everything doesn’t go with everything. She looks like a Clown College instructor.

CD00F052-95A5-41A5-9650-FC55A267EC64.thumb.jpeg.d8bd4d67a72bd233a1cf78f56a77493e.jpeg

Bizarre decor pieces too...it all just fits with her vibe, whatever one would call it (words escape me!). 

I hope she isn't making Chihuly knock-offs now. 

Lori needs a Ramen Noodle Soup Purse to go with her outfit.

ramen noodle purse.jpg

• Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

30 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I hope she isn't making Chihuly knock-offs now. 

Lori needs a Ramen Noodle Soup Purse to go with her outfit.

ramen noodle purse.jpg

Too funny, @TexasTiffany!  That purse!  LOLOL!

Lori's Chilhuly knockoff prominently displayed on the studded chest of drawers looks like the Coronavirus and Grimace had a blown glass baby.

Dale would not be happy.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Link to an Elle Decor 2018 article - Isaac Mizrahi is interviewing Lori Goldstein for the piece.  A few pictures of her apartment.  I like a lot of the pieces in her apartment separately, but like her clothes, wouldn't put it all together as she as.  If you can say anything positive, at least she believes in her "style" of clothing, as well as her own personal style,  since it's carried into her living area, too.

I enjoyed reading it.  I love the last line of the article in which Isaac tells Lori if he moves to her building then she'd have to see him in his Speedo and how that is "terrifying"!

https://www.elledecor.com/celebrity-style/celebrity-homes/a22690815/lori-goldstein-apartment/

Just a peek at her bedroom, which is two rooms made into one - and I won't charge you $2 (reference to a certain host's sign outside her outdoor shower):

lg-pink-divan-1533910361.jpg

lg-master-bed-1533851858.jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Beau is another popular term for boyfriend, but not sure if there is an age limit for that either?

In Jill's case, since a bf is so important to her, maybe....target.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Just now, LeeDenny said:

I think they’d be very cute with a linen sheath dress. 

That does sound pretty.  And the shoes are pretty.

But the flower is so large, it wouldn't be safe for me, as I have issues with falling due to a knee that buckles.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I can just see a cat attacking your feet to get at the floppy ties. Too much of a temptation.

And the price! $199.00. 😲 Would you believe the two beige colors are almost sold out? There's an old saying that applies here: "It's amazing, the things people would rather have than money."

misc pics QVC fashion shoes espadrilles Cecilia Lala 1 very exoensive 199 5-03--21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

4 hours ago, Booney said:

Yep, just coming here to post it. More proof that everything doesn’t go with everything. She looks like a Clown College instructor.

CD00F052-95A5-41A5-9650-FC55A267EC64.thumb.jpeg.d8bd4d67a72bd233a1cf78f56a77493e.jpeg

6276A4FB-6FE8-450F-B954-ED0000FEF5A6.thumb.jpeg.c9bb428701572fa1a293217a83c36b55.jpeg

Bizarre decor pieces too...it all just fits with her vibe, whatever one would call it (words escape me!). 

Yuck! I just threw up a little in my mouth...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Courtney says the Prive Revaux sunglasses are "bringing luxury to the masses". 

🙄

Then she said an awesome caller from last night has 50 pairs.

OAP:  *crickets*

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 5

Oh, I should have checked here first - I just posted about those Cecelia wedge shoes with the large orchid on the other thread!

They are very feminine and as @LeeDenny said, would look perfect with a linen sheath dress.   I checked out anthropologie.....the style they carry is a bit different, though, and I like it so much better.......it's a block heel, rather than a wedge.  It looks more balanced.

image.png.aee7dc5455f3dfba2094725b237277c9.png

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Oh, I should have checked here first - I just posted about those Cecelia wedge shoes with the large orchid on the other thread!

They are very feminine and as @LeeDenny said, would look perfect with a linen sheath dress.   I checked out anthropologie.....the style they carry is a bit different, though, and I like it so much better.......it's a block heel, rather than a wedge.  It looks more balanced.

The shoe does look better that way. But are those ties supposed to drag on the ground?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

ITA this one looks more put together. I too question the reasoning that the bud is touching the floor. It didn't need that distraction, the corsage was enough. 

Capodimonte meets shoe. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The shoe does look better that way. But are those ties supposed to drag on the ground?

4 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

ITA this one looks more put together. I too question the reasoning that the bud is touching the floor. It didn't need that distraction, the corsage was enough. 

Capodimonte meets shoe. 

I think it was photographed that way just to show you what the tie looked like.  Here's a picture of the same shoe in a different color, showing how it ties.  I just realized that the price of the pair from anthropologie is $225 - yikes!

Screenshot_2021-05-04 Cecelia New York Hibiscus Heeled Sandals Anthropologie(1).png

• Surprise 4

No squirrel today,  it's on vacation 

but MBR is 'splaining clearance pricing to me , eyerolls 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Because $45.25 down to $32.60 (A-394304) is a clearance price.

Don't forget the $3.50 shipping.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Now THAT is a "well-deserved" vacation, if ever there was one at QVC.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 10

On 5/3/2021 at 9:25 PM, CandyApple said:

Courtney says the Prive Revaux sunglasses are "bringing luxury to the masses". 

🙄

Then she said an awesome caller from last night has 50 pairs.

OAP:  *crickets*

Who was the caller Jamie Fox?!?! 50 pairs who needs that many!

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

32 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

Who was the caller Jamie Fox?!?! What a waste of money 50 pairs who needs that many!

considering a lot of people have not gone anywhere in 12 months

• Like 6

In Antonella's latest YouTube video, she says "we have been working like dogs on that boat."

Meaning she, her husband, and son.

Doesn't compute with her condition.  Wouldn't it be wiser to conserve energy and let those guys handle things?

Not to mention the stress of the whole mess.

And how is she being treated remotely by her docs if she is in North Carolina?  Referrals, I guess.

Oy.

Still seems happy, though, so that's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkskaUK7-g

Pic she posted on Facebook:

image.png.85647f1df039aef8717072ea83e972b3.png

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

I am totally turned off by Ant's video. This seems like just basic social media nonsense to me - look at me eating. Look at me sitting on the beach. Look at me opening presents from my followers. Yuck! So perhaps the money that is being raised is going to pay for Ant's family vacations and the support of two able-bodied unemployed men? Her minions will just be happy that she is having a nice time and continue to send her money from their social security checks. That makes me the most sad.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I think it was photographed that way just to show you what the tie looked like.  Here's a picture of the same shoe in a different color, showing how it ties.  I just realized that the price of the pair from anthropologie is $225 - yikes!

Screenshot_2021-05-04 Cecelia New York Hibiscus Heeled Sandals Anthropologie(1).png

I think they'd make a nice VERY special occasion shoe, but my size 10 feet don't need any adornment!  Plus since retiring, I haven't spent more than about $30 for shoes, and that was for Skechers purchased at Sam's Cub.

• Like 7

Why is Sandra always so SHINY???  Question for the ages

• Laugh 7

25 minutes ago, Boston said:

Why is Sandra always so SHINY???  Question for the ages

Argan oil?

Non-matte foundation?

Made of wax?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

I think Sandra's shiny looking skin is from all the botox and fillers.

930278591_Screenshot2021-05-044_12_53PM.thumb.png.1775a3335cf4baf0d58742699e5c5b8a.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I think Sandra's shiny looking skin is from all the botox and fillers.

930278591_Screenshot2021-05-044_12_53PM.thumb.png.1775a3335cf4baf0d58742699e5c5b8a.png

Doesn't powder work to cover the Botox shine? You never see news anchors with that shine, and I'm sure a lot of them have had Botox. The bald male reporters and bald guests they interview don't have the shine on their scalps either.

• Useful 5

Jane is currently selling a $500 gold necklace.

She is wearing a white denim jacket.

The collar is popped to signify that we have entered high-end territory.

(I'm guessing.)

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Doesn't powder work to cover the Botox shine? You never see news anchors with that shine, and I'm sure a lot of them have had Botox. The bald male reporters and bald guests they interview don't have the shine on their scalps either.

I think it’s from too much Botox. Like Nicole Kidman’s shiny, frozen forehead. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Jane's false eyelashes are just huge ! If she blinked her eyes really fast, she could fly away. Or at least create a breeze. 😈

But her hair looks nice tonight. It's a good color. 😇

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Angel, joined by her cute cat on her home set, is back to traveling. 

Went to a resort in Mexico last week with her husband.

She told GingerPuss.

GingerPuss has a lifetime dream of owning a mint green Vespa, but doesn't know why.

Models Maria and Kate are back striking poses.

This concludes your up to the minute Q2 news.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 10

Mary's bragging about how she can't really grill or barbecue and ruins everything and always dries out chicken, yet she has kitchen and cooking shows....go figure. 

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

I'm tired of the misinformation the OPA spouts for the Cuisinart ice cream maker.  They emphasize you can have homemade ice cream in just 20 minutes, yet they never take into account how long it takes to make the base, be it ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, etc.  It's like magic, the base appears out of thin air.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Mary's bragging about how she can't really grill or barbecue and ruins everything and always dries out chicken, yet she has kitchen and cooking shows....go figure. 

well lets, see a poorly groomed almost dirty host appears to be their go to for beauty shows, 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

well lets, see a poorly groomed almost dirty host appears to be their go to for beauty shows, 

Well we have no real evidence that David can actually cook. Dave has seemed to back Mary from the beginning.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Mary Beth, selling a Quacker eyelet cardigan:

"Do you want to get compliments?"

Sure.  It would be a nice addition to my day.

But it is not a "#goal".

I don't choose what to wear as a means to the end of gaining approval from others.

Of course, it's always better than somebody saying, "Damn, that is one ugly ass sweater".

That wouldn't be pleasant.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Dottie D said:

I'm tired of the misinformation the OPA spouts for the Cuisinart ice cream maker.  They emphasize you can have homemade ice cream in just 20 minutes, yet they never take into account how long it takes to make the base, be it ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, etc.  It's like magic, the base appears out of thin air.

You're so right!  I have this Cuisinart ice cream maker and really like it.  I got it from Sur La Table in 2019, with an extra freezing bowl for about $20 less than it's being sold on QVC right now.  I can assure you, it does not magically appear out of thin air!Not to mention, you have to freeze the bowl, preferably overnight.....and the base should be cold.

You really have to plan for making it.  Not only does the ice cream base have to be cold, but the freezer bowl has to be frozen, preferably overnight!  We were just leaving the freezer bowl in the freezer, but during the pandemic, I didn't have room to just keep the freezer bowl hanging out in the freezer, so we definitely had no spur of the moment, 20 minute homemade ice cream or sorbet in this house all last year! 

• Like 6
  • Useful 6

@lovemesomejoolery, that's why I love my little Wolfgang Puck machine. It is small but has the bowl that freezes itself while you are making the ice cream, so no need to store it in the freezer. However, it also takes about 90 minutes to make ice cream that is kind of a custard type consistency and never really gets hard. But, it's perfect for me.

• Useful 6

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

Well we have no real evidence that David can actually cook

the few hosts that CAN actually cook were canned,  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

@lovemesomejoolery, that's why I love my little Wolfgang Puck machine. It is small but has the bowl that freezes itself while you are making the ice cream, so no need to store it in the freezer. However, it also takes about 90 minutes to make ice cream that is kind of a custard type consistency and never really gets hard. But, it's perfect for me.

That's awesome! 

The ice cream made by this Cuisinart machine makes a soft set ice cream, too. I bought a container from Amazon (see link below) and then freeze what we make so it's gets frozen and more like commercial ice cream.   I got this brand and shape, but the original one isn't available anymore.  There are several containers like this, though, on Amazon.  All different vendors and even small quart containers so you can feel like you're eating Ben & Jerry's out of the container!

https://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Glide-Non-Slip-Insulated-Strawberry/dp/B00CBFZWHS/ref=sr_1_16?crid=3GFJ46T8ZF0TB&dchild=1&keywords=silicone+ice+cream+containers&qid=1620233489&sprefix=silicone+ice+cream+%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-16

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

the few hosts that CAN actually cook were canned,  

I bet he can't cook at all.  All his tips are just regurgitated BS he hears watching Ina Garten's cooking show. 

• Like 4

even though I wasn't a Dan Fan a few years ago he has grown on me 

• Like 6

I feel the same way about Dan Hughes...not an immediate fan, but yes, he's grown on me.

That post of his was lovely - he truly has a way with words.

• Like 10

David recounted a story of when his grandmother would send him out to pick blackberries for cobbler, and he came back with an empty basket and a blue mouth.

Little David:  "No, ma'am.  I didn't eat any."

I think this story is probably a timeless one for Big David, but I think he substitutes Corky's wings for blackberries now.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.