Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

cold shoulder is gone didn't see any this year

you must be living in a trendier area than I do, which is the burbs of Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD - I'm smack in the middle between the two.

Cold shoulder lives on in this place, unfortunately.  And includes what @JohnnyStar5 mentioned above, the 3/4 or long sleeve with the slit in the middle of the arm.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Just now, lovemesomejoolery said:

you must be living in a trendier area than I do, which is the burbs of Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD - I'm smack in the middle between the two.

Cold shoulder lives on, unfortunately.

Could be it’s very trendy here close to the city 

but I was talking about what I’ve seen in the stores 

• Like 2

I think Katia has contempt and disdain for the world in general. I'm surprised the deigns to model for QVC.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Good grief, this top of Martha’s looks like a flour sack. Ya think she needs to size down? Love the white slab o’ leather wedge sandals too - they complete the look.

D656B71C-8941-4D12-BF80-9278444C9488.thumb.jpeg.e967a436d06e6e442114efa80aeacdab.jpeg

411E10DF-B2BA-4814-A8F9-AAEEA521736B.thumb.jpeg.fde3720a068bb312b8733c7b850604c3.jpeg

I think Martha looks pretty damn good for 77 years old. I like her hair and her take no shit attitude. Rock on with your bad self Martha.

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

I think Martha looks pretty damn good for 77 years old. I like her hair and her take no shit attitude. Rock on with your bad self Martha.

Agree, but her fashion sense leaves a lot to be desired IMO. 

• Like 11

Who is this NYDJ OAP? I can envision her sloppy drunk at the corner bar dancing to the music playing only in her head. Yikes!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Oh My God!  How many times can Rinna say "Chic?"

I've been flipping around and every time I come to the Q show with Sandra she's dropping the Chic bomb!

She must have said it 10,000 times today total.

I heard her refer to one of her skirts as cute to wear with a "wife beater". Girl, no you did not. How's that for chic?

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 10

7 hours ago, Booney said:

Good grief, this top of Martha’s looks like a flour sack. Ya think she needs to size down? Love the white slab o’ leather wedge sandals too - they complete the look.

D656B71C-8941-4D12-BF80-9278444C9488.thumb.jpeg.e967a436d06e6e442114efa80aeacdab.jpeg

411E10DF-B2BA-4814-A8F9-AAEEA521736B.thumb.jpeg.fde3720a068bb312b8733c7b850604c3.jpeg

That top must be a style she saw, or had to wear, while serving her time in prison. It just needs to be orange.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 18

51 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

That top must be a style she saw, or had to wear, while serving her time in prison. It just needs to be orange.

She referred to her combination of the white shirt and shoes with grey pants as "fresh." I guess she must have picked up 90s slang from hanging out with Snoop Dogg.

• Laugh 6

13 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh no, are we getting another knot aficionado at the Q? And how about that coy little pose in the first pic? Where’s the spray bottle/hose/super soaker when you need it?

53F55489-780B-4589-959B-FC2BBB63E89F.thumb.jpeg.9ea7a4f52477141a027bdfcccf9af0ea.jpeg

64781798-E5DE-41A3-8FBD-B509AFCA5449.thumb.jpeg.4d46ffe2a2fbe75163e997b80ea77ea2.jpeg

Anything to make her clothes look tighter!

• Laugh 5

5 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

I heard her refer to one of her skirts as cute to wear with a "wife beater". Girl, no you did not. How's that for chic?

She’s 100% skank. Always has been. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, BobSaccamano said:

So Kerstink, do you lift your leg to pee or do you squat??? WTF???? 

25ED47BA-DE45-45BB-82CC-9EBD72B8A289.jpeg

E33CF79C-E2F8-4728-B284-6944F1063747.jpeg

that's so weird, way to alienate most of the viewers who probably can't get off the couch 

can't watch her anymore, now that I think on it, can't watch most of them now 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, BobSaccamano said:

Hands down! The biggest attention whore known to man. Can you imagine how she acts in front of her husband’s friends? 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Cold shoulder?  I hate the shark bite hems and they are still pushing them big time on QVC.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Cold shoulder?  I hate the shark bite hems and they are still pushing them big time on QVC.

shark bite hems are everywhere else, too.  I recently had to get a dress for a wedding I attended this past weekend.  Every one that I really liked had either a sharkbite hem or a high/low hemline.

Grrrr.......

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

11 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

shark bite hems are everywhere else, too.  I recently had to get a dress for a wedding I attended this past weekend.  Every one that I really liked had either a sharkbite hem or a high/low hemline.

Grrrr.......

Just "knot it" girl!  The bomb.com fer sure!

• Laugh 14

2 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

Hands down! The biggest attention whore known to man. Can you imagine how she acts in front of her husband’s friends? 

I've had this exact thought. She is like a cartoon character. 

Add me to the list of those that wish sharkbite hemzzzz would disappear. Cannot fathom why they ever came to be. They are not at all flattering imo. Cold shoulder tops can be good if extremely well done, however most end up looking odd. 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, BobSaccamano said:

"I WAS A YOGA INSTRUCTOR! I WAS A YOGAAAAA INSTRUCTORRRRRR..." (as she is pushed off a cliff.) 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 19

11 minutes ago, HotAsLuminara said:

"I WAS A YOGA INSTRUCTOR! I WAS A YOGAAAAA INSTRUCTORRRRRR..." (as she is pushed off a cliff.) 

Exercise that pea brain of yours , and try to imagine how little we all care ! 😾

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Grrrr.......

Unfortunately, many of the high-low hems are taken to the extreme. In a tunic, the longer length in the back too often ends up cupping the derriere (sooo lovely!....not). If you have extra padding, in the rear, it just accentuates. If the high-low is really subtle, it can work, visually, especially if one's posture is not the best. Just weird on dresses where the back edge is nearly to the ankles but the front may be at knee length. Not flattering and serves little purpose other than being able to walk up stairs, in a longer dress, and not step on the front hem. It's usefulness is akin to the tiny side slits on some tops. As if a couple inches is going to accommodate fuller hips or allow for sitting and not putting strain on the garment.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Kim Gravel just wears toooo much make up. She looks like a clown or a drag queen.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Remember that time they put Britney Spears in a 5150 hold? QVC is now selling the straight jacket model she wore when she was removed from her residence under the Peace, Love, World label. It’s ao authentic right down to the raggy hem and Cheetos powder stains. 

29D91836-5D7E-4196-934B-E937AB1A4B45.jpeg

WHO BUYS THIS SHIT????????

2FA66B5D-6405-4EEB-B421-CA1F32E5B8BE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 8

Skanky and Courtney K ramping up hard sell. Skanky: check out now or some one will steal items from your cart! Courtney: call the Deuce "VIP" phone number right now to order!

All of this obviously so they get credit. Q's prehistoric IT dept can't help these poor girls. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

The other day when the TSV was the Toni Brattin wig, Gary disappeared off screen during the end of the D&C hour, and came back wearing the short wig. The kicker - he looked better in it than Caro did!

8CDDDFCD-0092-49C2-85F6-25252B2E7671.thumb.jpeg.ecbbad07f0eeabe8cb540eaf4ee46bdf.jpeg

35F80A71-0598-4065-BF6B-724195B5B760.thumb.jpeg.01d18062010fb24d4ea8e81027826ef5.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamano said:

Remember that time they put Britney Spears in a 5150 hold? QVC is now selling the straight jacket model she wore when she was removed from her residence under the Peace, Love, World label. It’s ao authentic right down to the raggy hem and Cheetos powder stains. 

29D91836-5D7E-4196-934B-E937AB1A4B45.jpeg

WHO BUYS THIS SHIT????????

2FA66B5D-6405-4EEB-B421-CA1F32E5B8BE.jpeg

What is all this nonsense? Those ruffle pants look like a uniform at some theme restaurant. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Oh for $&@?’s sake!! Here we go again. Will she ever just stop??? Maybe she wants her nickname to be 24/7 stretch. 🙄

AE60AD32-968D-4748-9879-690C07B3A81C.jpeg

F20F4BD9-1670-4582-AEB8-284609B20776.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

What is all this nonsense? Those ruffle pants look like a uniform at some theme restaurant. 

Might be acceptable if they’re doing an all-female remake of Pirates of the Caribbean but in the real world, ahhh, NO! And the sad thing is they’re preying on people in rural areas making them think this shit is hip in big-city, metropolitan areas. It’s not and it never will be. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

38 minutes ago, BobSaccamano said:

Oh for $&@?’s sake!! Here we go again. Will she ever just stop??? Maybe she wants her nickname to be 24/7 stretch. 🙄

She told IM she was "low-maintenance". Um, ok. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

I know it's a Friday midday in the summer time -- and not exactly prime time viewing....So QVC doesn't need it's top sellers on now, but....

...give me Shawn K and Isaac ANYtime, over the unwatchable mess (IMO) that I'm watching now. Kerstin and Isaac are unintelligible and silly. They just said you want to look your best when you're pumping gas, and earlier that you need two pairs of shorts one at your main house and one pair at your beach house.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Booney said:

The other day when the TSV was the Toni Brattin wig, Gary disappeared off screen during the end of the D&C hour, and came back wearing the short wig. The kicker - he looked better in it than Caro did!

8CDDDFCD-0092-49C2-85F6-25252B2E7671.thumb.jpeg.ecbbad07f0eeabe8cb540eaf4ee46bdf.jpeg

35F80A71-0598-4065-BF6B-724195B5B760.thumb.jpeg.01d18062010fb24d4ea8e81027826ef5.jpeg

Oh my. They look like sisters. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

I wonder if Gary was a natural red head?  That he chose the red? Or was that the only wig available?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I wonder if Gary was a natural red head?  That he chose the red? Or was that the only wig available?

The color does look natural with his skin tone, doesnt it? If not he could certainly pull it off if he ever chose to go red. 😋

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Just look at Gary!  He's all smiley and stuff!  I don't think I've ever seen him smile like this.  He must really be feeling himself in that hot little red-head number!!

Sad state of affairs when a guy looks better in those wigs than a female host does!  I don't know if that says more about the wig or the wearer of the wig!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 13

They are re-branding Sandra. She is going to have a new home-goods show dubbed "Authentic Living with Sandra." Perhaps meant to fill the YHWJ empty space? 

I personally find the name of the show ironic as I feel Sandra is phony as can be. She is one of the ones that has bought every single item and touts each one as her favorite depending on which oap is standing beside her at the moment. Maybe in a home setting she might be a bit more authentic but so far she comes off as desperate and fake in my eyes. If she could relax she could be enjoyable as a host.  She is probably thrilled that her mini me left. Now her own new show. Big things happening for Sandra. 

Edited by HotAsLuminara
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

1 minute ago, HotAsLuminara said:

They are re-branding Sandra. She is going to have a new home-goods show dubbed "Authentic Living with Sandra." Perhaps meant to fill the YHWJ empty space? 

I just saw that too!  Wondered what in the world "Authentic Living" would include, but you may be right, @HotAsLuminara.

Gary's a good sport.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Speaking of Sandra, she looked and acted so awkward with Rinna last night.  She actually even looked a little dumpy in her clothing which is unusual.  Maybe she was off her game for some reason. 

I've heard Sandra in the past humblebrag about her modern design home.  I think she even proudly shared pics of it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamano said:

♪ 

"I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and briiiiiiight!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight!"

27 minutes ago, HotAsLuminara said:

Authentic Living with Sandra . . . as opposed to what? Fake Living with Shawn?

• Like 6
  • Laugh 14

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Gary's a good sport.

I think he is too. His "design" skills may be questionable, but he seems like nice guy with a good sense of humor - which he needs in order to keep his sanity working with some of those hosts!

• Like 15
  • Laugh 1

First, I like Sandra, but all y'all dump on her I don't mind; that's what we're here for!

Next, she posts that this is the first shooting day for the new show?

So some of it is pre-taped?  Maybe from her home and she is live in the studio. And they put her in the denim jacket! 

Jill did pre taped stuff a few years ago.

It didn't work. 

Sandra looks kind of Kardashian here.

66800465_2818306744852548_8653373891776872448_n.jpg

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

The name "authentic Living" is a turn off for me -- in this sales context.

What the heck do they mean by "authentic" living? -- when they're doing to likely be selling the same old stuff we've been seeing. Overall, I don't see where YHWJ, sold anything any different from what we see on David's home show. And I don't expect anything new on Sandras new show.

Different topic: the high-low hem on the H by Halston Open Front Hi-low duster cardigan is too extreme for me. IMO, in most cases the hi-low difference should barely be perceptible. Six inches is way too much difference for me. Just don't like the look of it.

• Like 6

I hate the way Jane T says coral. It's not KAW'-rawl. UGH. If that's the way she has to pronounce it, I really wish she would never say the name of that color.

That's worse than any lazy talk from Amy. IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

2 hours ago, HotAsLuminara said:

Oh my. They look like sisters. 

Caro has the fuller beard......................

• Laugh 8

3 hours ago, selhars said:

I know it's a Friday midday in the summer time -- and not exactly prime time viewing....So QVC doesn't need it's top sellers on now, but....

...give me Shawn K and Isaac ANYtime, over the unwatchable mess (IMO) that I'm watching now. Kerstin and Isaac are unintelligible and silly. They just said you want to look your best when you're pumping gas, and earlier that you need two pairs of shorts one at your main house and one pair at your beach house.

Does anyone have the item number for the beach house and is it on easy pay?

TIA

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

42 minutes ago, BrooklynGal said:

Does anyone have the item number for the beach house and is it on easy pay?

TIA

You betcha!  30 years of Easy Pay, but this time you have to pay interest.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Booney said:

I think he is too. His "design" skills may be questionable, but he seems like nice guy with a good sense of humor - which he needs in order to keep his sanity working with some of those hosts!

This. I've always found him pleasant, a team player (especially given all the personalities he has to deal with). Even when he's been on late at night, he's upbeat. His vision for some of the designs may not be everyone's taste (whose is?) but do feel he and his team have a good handle on their target demo. Unlike many who've watched the Q for decades, in the time I've watched D&Co it has expanded from what seemed like a collection of just a handful of pants ...and a few tops....to offering a lot of variety but still the core pieces. On some level, they must be doing something right (by many).

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Jane just said (and other hosts always say) that viewers flooded her facebook page wanting to know "what was that jacket you had on? tell me about that jean jacket you had on."

When I've tuned in, mid presentation, I can count on one hand -- in more than 25 years -- the number of times I've wondered what item a model might be wearing, or any apparel item being presented for that matter. Even then, I just thought the item was cute. I've never been so bowled over I was dying to order it, or HAD to have it.

I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever wondered -- in a positive, or admiring way -- what any QVC host has had on. Are viewers really clamoring to know what these hosts are wearing?....so they could actually buy it?

If I wonder what a hosts has on, it's because it's just that ghastly.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

8 minutes ago, selhars said:

Jane just said (and other hosts always say) that viewers flooded her facebook page wanting to know "what was that jacket you had on? tell me about that jean jacket you had on."

When I've tuned in, mid presentation, I can count on one hand -- in more than 25 years -- the number of times I've wondered what item a model might be wearing, or any apparel item being presented for that matter. Even then, I just thought the item was cute. I've never been so bowled over I was dying to order it, or HAD to have it.

I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever wondered -- in a positive, or admiring way -- what any QVC host has had on. Are viewers really clamoring to know what these hosts are wearing?....so they could actually buy it?

If I wonder what a hosts has on, it's because it's just that ghastly.

Have wondered....twice (one host, one model). AlyceC, on HSN, was wearing a color-block dress and it was exactly like a tunic I was designing, so to study it more in online images. Of course, as she informed when I inquired on her FB page, it was from her own collection and I never was able to find it online to get better views. Never ended up making it. Other time was a model in SusanG show wearing an oversized, crocheted shrug/poncho type garment. Inquired of SG, she responded but, again, the model's own piece. But I was able to replicate it. Twice over a few decades of shopping channel viewing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, Booney said:

He probably has design skills but working forward is steady  money and now he’s on air so he’s going with it 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.