Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

On 2/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, lovemesomejoolery said:

While I am still not a fan of cropped pants, I am of the belief that they look a little better when you are tall and slim!

LMSJ, you said that really well! Caro's outfit looks ridiculous on her. She's got that Baby Huey thing going on. The 2 newbie hosts in the other photo look cute.

I'm not tall nor slim. I don't do crop pants. Those tend to make me look and feel shorter. I don't do a small jacket that would make my belly look YUUGE. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I don't do small jackets either, for the same reason.

There's really no hiding how outsized my lower half is, but as long as my top is not snug and comes down to the top of my thighs so there's no camel toes, I'm comfortable with how I look.

I'm never going to wear a tucked-in top. I never did when I was slim enough to do so. I just have never liked snug clothing at any time in my life. The only exception to the rule is wearing a bathing suit.

• Like 8

Thursday there was an article in, of all places, the Wall Street Journal about exposed ankle skin in frigid temperatures!

It talked about the combination of cropped pants, shorter boots and fear of unfashionable socks contributing to exposure of the thin skinned ankle area.

Fortunately,  we haven't had deep snow here, so I do see a lot of this "phenomenon " this winter, despite some really frigid days.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Went to the dreaded mall yesterday and was perusing through Nordstrom.  Didn’t see and crop pants or pedal pushers. 

The Q designers fawn all over Katia because her body is a rail like the models in the high end fashion shows.  Most designers feel their clothing look better on very thin tall women.   From what I can tell, Katia thinks she’s in a high fashion runway while modeling the Q’s over priced Walmart knock offs.   Which I find pathetic and funny all at the same time. 

My fave model is that stunning girl who has a bit of a Grace Jones vibe going on. What’s her name? She’s very elegant and classy, amazing slanted eyes and a beautiful smile. You never see her stomping around looking like a sack of potatoes in bad shoes. She’s the closest thing to an edgy, high fashion look that Q have got. 

• Like 14

Strange -- Last week, out of the blue, I was thinking of Rick's mom and somehow knew she would be gone before the end of this month.  

I don't watch Domeier that often but he would often talk about her in the assisted living facility and I guess I identified with that situation regarding my own mother, who eventually had to move into a nursing home and then hospice, before the end.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Burly said:

My fave model is that stunning girl who has a bit of a Grace Jones vibe going on. What’s her name? She’s very elegant and classy, amazing slanted eyes and a beautiful smile. You never see her stomping around looking like a sack of potatoes in bad shoes. She’s the closest thing to an edgy, high fashion look that Q have got. 

https://www.instagram.com/adejaiye/?hl=en

• Like 7

Jane looks nice tonight IMO. I like her hair and makeup (okay, her eyeliner is a little heavy), and although I’m not a big fan of handkerchief hems, I think this dress looks good on her.

1AE30FAA-9E16-4A2A-AD7E-CCE229C6C9D7.thumb.jpeg.44f6c91e827434dde05379891db3b45e.jpeg

1725B377-DDC7-4362-8877-6B2781C2D303.thumb.jpeg.32e72ea899c9c9666d3d2dce3aeda613.jpeg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Thursday there was an article in, of all places, the Wall Street Journal about exposed ankle skin in frigid temperatures!

It talked about the combination of cropped pants, shorter boots and fear of unfashionable socks contributing to exposure of the thin skinned ankle area.

Fortunately,  we haven't had deep snow here, so I do see a lot of this "phenomenon " this winter, despite some really frigid days.

Jeez here not so far from u I see women of all ages running around this time of year in flip flops or slippers and capris even when it’s colder 

stupid 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Rick Domeier's mother has died; Katie McGee is filling in for him tonight on Q2.

Thanks for the update. I'm sad for Rick. He loved his mom. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Booney said:

Jane looks nice tonight IMO. I like her hair and makeup (okay, her eyeliner is a little heavy), and although I’m not a big fan of handkerchief hems, I think this dress looks good on her.

1AE30FAA-9E16-4A2A-AD7E-CCE229C6C9D7.thumb.jpeg.44f6c91e827434dde05379891db3b45e.jpeg

1725B377-DDC7-4362-8877-6B2781C2D303.thumb.jpeg.32e72ea899c9c9666d3d2dce3aeda613.jpeg

She looks good from the neck up.

That. dress. If she made it herself from scarves and scraps because she enjoys sewing, and was being thrifty, fine.

But purchasing ?!?!?! To quote Hall and Oates, NO CAN DO............................;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Jeez here not so far from u I see women of all ages running around this time of year in flip flops or slippers and capris even when it’s colder 

stupid 

Yeah, living here in MN, I have not understood Q's obsession with showing bare ankles and high pants.  I mean, socks, right???  We need to be warm!  I'm wearing socks even in the house, much less outside, for goodness sakes!  😄😄😄

But then I love the Nordic look for winter.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

25 minutes ago, Booney said:

Love her hair and those shoes, ❤️

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Booney said:

She’s on her way to the disco.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

She’s on her way to the disco.

It closed in 1983..........................................  😄 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, living here in MN, I have not understood Q's obsession with showing bare ankles and high pants.  I mean, socks, right???  We need to be warm!  I'm wearing socks even in the house, much less outside, for goodness sakes!  😄😄😄

But then I love the Nordic look for winter.

I'm in Georgia, where we have relatively mild winters, but I love my winter wool socks. I'd be miserable without them. I am totally ignoring the trend of short booties and bare ankles with short pants. All my boots are mid-calf or knee high. And I wear socks with them.

• Like 6

I'm so sorry to hear about Rick's Mother passing away.  Not too long ago during one of his shows, he mentioned about going through a lot lately, and he stated that his Mom was not doing well.  He always spoke highly of his Mom. 

I agree about Jane's look...very nice!  Even though a lot of patterns going on there in that dress, I thought it worked.  Hair and make-up well done.

Ade is my fave model too.  She's such a pro and always so down-to-earth and funny.  She'd crack me up with her responses to Shawn's dumb Monday night questions.

Freezing cold weather dressing--yes, what is going on with that? We had this same discussion at work recently.  In PA when we had those frigid temps, I saw two guys (in different aisles) wearing shorts one with a hoodie/the other, a t-shirt.  I overheard a woman comment to the one guy--he said he was just coming from the gym.  I thought to myself...wow, he couldn't throw on a pair of sweats and his coat...that lazy???  The other guy caused me great stress watching him walk through the parking lot as I was walking to my car.  In a t-shirt/shorts.  I'm guessing his excuse was the gym too, but c'mon, he looked crazy.  That had to hurt his skin.  I also notice more men at the mall with this look...like any long, baggy shorts during the winter months...not just sloppy looking, but it's winter!  Very strange.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Of course Kerstink has to be the only one drawing attention to her crotch standing like that.  

She is so  predictable . “Look at me “

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I'm sorry to hear about Rick's mother.

Regarding Jane, aside from not being a fan of the busy print, I don't think the dress is completely awful. She has a tough body type to style, and the belt and handkerchief hem lengthens her a bit. 

• Like 6

Any of you see David Venable on The Today show this morning?

His was the last segment, a food one, where he really did a nice job.  He made potsticker soup and chicken pot pie, both recipes from his cookbook.

No exuberant happy dances and no superfluous eating, thank God.

• Like 7

Rachel and Rev Dan filling in for DV and Kerstink too. I'm guessing another WDV vacay for her . . . To the beach I'm sure.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Rachel and Rev Dan filling in for DV and Kerstink too. I'm guessing another WDV vacay for her . . . To the beach I'm sure.

winter break for most schools in the  NE I would guess

• Like 2

I caught Shawn on last night presenting the HP TSV.   She actually looked good.   I can’t believe I’m writing this but I have to give her some credit.  

The creepy HO OAP was talking about Windows 10 and how it has antivirus protection built in. You don’t need any additional antivirus software.  Me:  That’s BS.  Shawn interjects.  She starts off saying she always tells the truth.  <eye roll>  I’m thinking “Here we go.”  Then she goes on to say that she recommends that the consumer should purchase additional antivirus protection and Windows Defender is not enough.  She rambles on about this for a few minutes. She is right.   The OAP was clearly thrown and not happy with her but he knew he was putting out incomplete information.   Oscar he is not.  

I have to say, she put that OAP in his place   He kept saying you don’t need to purchase any antivirus.   Maybe some producer told her to set the OAP straight, so I might be giving her too much credit.  

He also could not say that one could not run Photoshop on it.  Just told the called to check the specs on both the software and the computer to see if they are compatible.   He should know the answer.   Any decent new computer should be able to run Photoshop.   

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I caught Shawn on last night presenting the HP TSV.   She actually looked good.   I can’t believe I’m writing this but I have to give her some credit.  

The creepy HO OAP was talking about Windows 10 and how it has antivirus protection built in. You don’t need any additional antivirus software.  Me:  That’s BS.  Shawn interjects.  She starts off saying she always tells the truth.  <eye roll>  I’m thinking “Here we go.”  Then she goes on to say that she recommends that the consumer should purchase additional antivirus protection and Windows Defender is not enough.  She rambles on about this for a few minutes. She is right.   The OAP was clearly thrown and not happy with her but he knew he was putting out incomplete information.   Oscar he is not.  

I have to say, she put that OAP in his place   He kept saying you don’t need to purchase any antivirus.   Maybe some producer told her to set the OAP straight, so I might be giving her too much credit.  

He also could not say that one could not run Photoshop on it.  Just told the called to check the specs on both the software and the computer to see if they are compatible.   He should know the answer.   Any decent new computer should be able to run Photoshop.   

I agree with the OAP as far as Windows Defender is concerned.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm sorry to hear about Rick's mother.

Regarding Jane, aside from not being a fan of the busy print, I don't think the dress is completely awful. She has a tough body type to style, and the belt and handkerchief hem lengthens her a bit. 

Call me crazy, but I liked the busy print! And the style of the dress was very flattering on her. The shoes also worked really well with the dress. Which means the next time we see her, she’ll be in another fashion disaster because we’ve never seen her look good two shows in a row!

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

UM just announced the Blue Jean Chef has retired.  First time I heard this, I thought she was moving on to her own cooking shows on the Q once again.  It was not a hit the first time they tried it though. 

• Like 3

Just now, LucyEth said:

UM just announced the Blue Jean Chef has retired.  First time I heard this, I thought she was moving on to her own cooking shows on the Q once again.  It was not a hit the first time they tried it though. 

She left Q just before Christmas and now doing cooking shows on her own website and facebook page.  As well, she's working on a new cookbook (or two) and may show up to sell it (them?) on Q at some point in the future.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Meredith announced late last year that she would no longer be presenting Cooks Essentials on the Q, and will be focusing on her Facebook presence and writing more cookbooks. She does a Facebook Live cooking demonstration most Thursday evenings. 

ETA - GMTA @letusprocrastinate - just saw your post after I hit “Submit” on mine!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

You missed the final shows she did with DV with him blubbering over her departure. With other hosts announcing her plans to move on, the demeanor was more upbeat.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Call me crazy, but I liked the busy print! And the style of the dress was very flattering on her. The shoes also worked really well with the dress. Which means the next time we see her, she’ll be in another fashion disaster because we’ve never seen her look good two shows in a row!

LOL. So true. When we like the style, length, or color of her hair she feels the urge to prune her hair and beat it into submission with something unflattering.

16 hours ago, Booney said:

This one balances out her height and her hips. The colors brighten her skin and she looks alive. She tends to be sallow. Her hair is the right color, the right shape. She even found earrings the right size to balance the size of her ears. This is a variation of the dress style we've been seeing lately. This one is a winner! 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

LOL. So true. When we like the style, length, or color of her hair she feels the urge to prune her hair and beat it into submission with something unflattering.

This one balances out her height and her hips. The colors brighten her skin and she looks alive. She tends to be sallow. Her hair is the right color, the right shape. She even found earrings the right size to balance the size of her ears. This is a variation of the dress style we've been seeing lately. This one is a winner! 

Judging by the pic, the lines and angles of Jane's dress work to distract from her problem areas which are usually accentuated with her other garment choices. Despite the scale, actually slenderizing. The one thing I'd change is the length of the hem given her height. Overall ensemble: big thumbs up.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Rick Domeier's mother has died;

Oh no. Sorry to hear that.

UM just announced the Blue Jean Chef has retired. 

So is Meredith "retired" or not? IF she's doing cooking online, and blogs, and other projects...thenshe's not "retired." Maybe...she retired from the Q, but that doesn't make her "retired." To me if you're still working...and you're not getting pension from a place, then you resigned you position....you didn't "retire."

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4

Just now, selhars said:

Oh no. Sorry to hear that.

So is Meredith "retired" or not? IF she's doing cooking online, and blogs, and other projects...thenshe's not "retired." Maybe...she "retired from the Q, but that doesn't make her "retired."

“Dead to the q”.?

shes busy on insta and Facebook 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Curse you Blabby, I folded and ordered the Earth perforated sandals in yellow of all colors. I’m not usually a color person ( I stick to neutrals ) but dammit if I didn’t decide I needed yellow sandals . I hope they work out, because I really think they’re cute.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

To the new QVC host who said "so much of the country is warm right now" -- I just checked a national forecast map. And for the most part, the only areas with temperatures forecast for higher than 50 is the southern part of the southeast, and far southern CA. Honey, that's not "so much" of the country.

Sure, spring is getting closer, but in most of the country BY FAR, it's not even warm let alone hot. So all of you hosts shut up about how warm and hot it is in many places. It's stupid for you to say that. It really makes you sound ignorant.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

On 2/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, LGGirl said:

Then she goes on to say that she recommends that the consumer should purchase additional antivirus protection and Windows Defender is not enough.

Windows Defender antivirus::

download.jpg.1d12194b57010d3eb55daca01d38851c.jpg

Norton or any other antivirus:

download.jpg.18b3ab08d81a065f7ac362b8b18c30c3.jpg

Edited by artisto
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

10 hours ago, Lady J said:

Curse you Blabby, I folded and ordered the Earth perforated sandals in yellow of all colors. I’m not usually a color person ( I stick to neutrals ) but dammit if I didn’t decide I needed yellow sandals . I hope they work out, because I really think they’re cute.

Well be sure to let us know.  I have more than a few that she sold me over the years.  And I liked them all even if I didn't need them 😀

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, selhars said:

To the new QVC host who said "so much of the country is warm right now" -- I just checked a national forecast map. And for the most part, the only areas with temperatures forecast for higher than 50 is the southern part of the southeast, and far southern CA. Honey, that's not "so much" of the country.

I'm in Las Vegas and we're down into the low 30s at night. Next week the highs are only going to be mid-40s and they're forecasting snow on Thursday. If it isn't warm here, it sure as hell isn't warm anywhere else. What a maroon. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Rachel looks nice, but it's a PLW top; I'll forgive her!  Interesting that more hosts are attentive to answering questions about outfits: probably a new mandate about social media friendliness. 

52396300_2298126963572579_1492465388347195392_o.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, AnnaCody said:

She admitted to an XL and it looks really nice on her!

http://tinyurl.com/y32pev9d 

I might pick this up just recently having discovered fleece.  Yeah, I know, where have I been 😀  Just have to decide on which color!

I have that top in the blue (now sold out) and I LOVE it!  It is perfect for those really cold days in MN.  I wish they would bring back more colors -- I'm wanting the red.  Very Paul Bunyan!  lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have that top in the blue (now sold out) and I LOVE it!  It is perfect for those really cold days in MN.  I wish they would bring back more colors -- I'm wanting the red.  Very Paul Bunyan!  lol

OH no, now I have to buy it.  I'll be moving back to MN next year and have been accumulating items based on that grueling weather in the winter concentrating on warmer things than I have now.  

Our winters on Cape Cod are balmy compared to Eyota, MN.  Of course Eyota could be balmy if you are further north. 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

QVC crew preparing to catch Kitchenaid mixers tossed offstage by Diva in a hissy fit!

backstage5_2400x1800.jpg

BWAHhhhh! love it!

Also laughing at the different colors of hardhats. One of them is wearing the popular "foodie red" KitchenAid hardhat, one in "fill-me-up buttercup yellow", one in "sparkle bronze", and 3 in "pearlized white". 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.