Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh boy, so $uzanne $ommers is on QVC now??  How many filters did they have to use??  

I just don't believe her. 

I think she broke the filters.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Wow, everyone looked so young and beautiful in those pictures. I think RLM would like less feminine if he cut his hair differently and didn't raid Jill's closet.

I agree and he should also ditch the granny glasses. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, LucyEth said:

They raved about that toffee, not good?

I think Suzanne needs to get a new hairstyle, IMO it looks ridiculous at her age.  Also she sounds like she has dentures.

I like the Enstrom's Almond Toffee. Have a bucket of it sitting next to me right now. 😏

The wrapped pieces in the bucket that the Q sells (which is what I have) don't have that top coating of crushed almonds that Almond Roca and other ”chocolate almond crunch" candies usually have. I miss that but I still like the Enstrom's, especially the dark chocolate ones.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Wow, everyone looked so young and beautiful in those pictures. I think RLM would like less feminine if he cut his hair differently and didn't raid Jill's closet.

There was a 2016 picture of him in that article:

robert-670-x-447.jpg

• Like 3

All that stuff to choose from! That's why I craft pieces in my head. I could never afford all the gewgaws my jewelry would require. 😞

• Like 5

This may not be the best look for Ally. Talk about looking stumpy. She seems cute and pleasant though.

5c384d6abf2be_ScreenShot2019-01-11at3_01_00AM.png.4ba9b10d0b4ff4dcdbc5effea973d290.png

• Like 11

11 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I like the Enstrom's Almond Toffee. Have a bucket of it sitting next to me right now. 😏

The wrapped pieces in the bucket that the Q sells (which is what I have) don't have that top coating of crushed almonds that Almond Roca and other ”chocolate almond crunch" candies usually have. I miss that but I still like the Enstrom's, especially the dark chocolate ones.

I bought the Enstrom's dark chocolate ones as you remember, and gave some to my neighbor, who loved them!

I guess I just got spoiled by the Almond Roca as a kidlet and can't get that nostalgic taste out of my mouth.  

But all almond toffee is basically irresistible!

• Like 5

Down Home With David -- naïve me, thinking he was going to bring us décor items a la YHJ but except for the Candle Impressions indoor/outdoor lantern (I did love the teal color) it was a bust -- cleaning items, humidifier, etc.  Same Old, Same Old City.  Poor DV seemed rather desperate -- less than 30 minutes in, he took his first call and asked  "So how are you liking Down Home With David?"

• Like 7

I used to enjoy watching Dmitri. Over the past year I have found his physical changes to be disturbing. I cannot get this image out of my mind.

The villian from, no country for old men.

C61DB054-F981-4A3C-992C-E4E8A1CE1D8D.jpeg

• Like 7

David is a great host but when you think about him, imo it's really just smoke and mirrors.  He gets his own cooking show but seems to have a very limited palate.  His version of décor consists mainly of bigger is better.  Venable doesn't really have any special talent but is somehow "relatable" to the viewing audience by sheer likeability and "down home" personality, however superficial that might be. Like all the other successful QVC hosts he is, as I say ad nauseum, a type A workaholic individual who seeks perfection at every turn and this is a contributing factor to longevity.   On one level I cannot understand David's popularity but on another I guess I can, lol.  Yet it's all very confusing!

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

I bought the Enstrom's dark chocolate ones as you remember, and gave some to my neighbor, who loved them!

I guess I just got spoiled by the Almond Roca as a kidlet and can't get that nostalgic taste out of my mouth.  

But all almond toffee is basically irresistible!

Definitely! If I go to a chocolate store, that's definitely one of the things I will spend my money on.

And if the place has dark-chocolate-covered marzipan and Jordan crackers, I'm in heaven! 😊

🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠🚠

10 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

This may not be the best look for Ally. Talk about looking stumpy. She seems cute and pleasant though.

5c384d6abf2be_ScreenShot2019-01-11at3_01_00AM.png.4ba9b10d0b4ff4dcdbc5effea973d290.png

I saw her for the first time early this morning and my first thought was, "Damn but she really is another Sandra clone!". Someone in upper management really has the jones for that look. 😮

(Though she looks more like oldCourtney in the above image, in the show I thought the resemblance between her and Sandra and Cathy was striking.)

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I like the butter toffee from Swiss Colony, holiday tradition here.  No crushed almonds on the chocolate coating either, but I do like both.

• Like 7

I've seen Katrina 6 or 7 times thus far.

When allowed to dress herself, she likes to stay with her NYC black and often animal prints.

49797516_2025480030874041_5722397791334957056_n.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

Definitely! If I go to a chocolate store, that's definitely one of the things I will spend my money on.

And if the place has dark-chocolate-covered marzipan and Jordan crackers, I'm in heaven

As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with chocolate, butter, toffee, almonds, and marzipan.  I am salivating right now.

Would you believe I never heard of Jordan crackers?  I just Googled them -- they look kind of creepy, lol, like fingers, but I am sure taste absolutely delicious!

gremlin

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I like the butter toffee from Swiss Colony, holiday tradition here.  No crushed almonds on the chocolate coating either, but I do like both.

@LucyEth, I get the Swiss Colony catalogue every year but have never ordered anything.  I don't know why, because their Dobosh chocolate tortes look so good.  Have you tried them?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

@LucyEth, I get the Swiss Colony catalogue every year but have never ordered anything.  I don't know why, because their Dobosh chocolate tortes look so good.  Have you tried them?

18 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

@Bronx Babe I have never had the Dobosh torte but the Petits Four are pretty good.

Dobosh torte is heavenly (but you need a good knife dipped in hot water to cut it nicely, as the chocolate coating is a little tough to cut cleanly).  I sent my Mum Dobosh torte, petits fours, truffles and fruitcake every Xmas while she was still alive.  When Swiss Colony stopped shipping to Canada, I switched to Figis; Mum said their Dobosh torte was identical.

• Like 8

Thanks.  I always eye those petite fours.  Maybe next Christmas I'll actually get them and the butter toffee as well.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Dobosh torte is heavenly (but you need a good knife dipped in hot water to cut it nicely, as the chocolate coating is a little tough to cut cleanly).  I sent my Mum Dobosh torte, petits fours, truffles and fruitcake every Xmas while she was still alive.  When Swiss Colony stopped shipping to Canada, I switched to Figis; Mum said their Dobosh torte was identical.

Thanks so much, @walnutqueen!  Too bad they don't ship your way but am very glad you were able to find a substitute.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Thanks so much, @walnutqueen!  Too bad they don't ship your way but am very glad you were able to find a substitute.  

I'm in SoCal, but can't afford such luxuries for myself.  My Mum lived in Canada, so unless she was visiting me here, I had the stuff shipped to her.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

I used to get those catalogs and look at every page. I finally ordered a few items. Everything was noticeably smaller than the photos. My Dobosh Torte was dry, as were the petit fours. The candied apricots were good but again the package was much smaller than the catalog picture. (also a shopping channels tactic) I haven't ordered since.

January 12th is Antonella's and Rick's birthday. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

I was half asleep during  a couple of her presentations early this morning, and I have to say that she has one of the most pleasant speaking voices of any of the hosts, old, new or in-between.  She seemed pretty at-ease.  I think she'll be a keeper.  (I have to say, she does seem strikingly similar in appearance to Alex Butler, the young lady that was offed after a brief run last year.)

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Down Home With David -- naïve me, thinking he was going to bring us décor items a la YHJ but except for the Candle Impressions indoor/outdoor lantern (I did love the teal color) it was a bust -- cleaning items, humidifier, etc.  Same Old, Same Old City.  Poor DV seemed rather desperate -- less than 30 minutes in, he took his first call and asked  "So how are you liking Down Home With David?"

Was disappointed the couple times I flipped by. Had really enjoyed him in a late-night VPH show, last Fall(?), in which he offered some nice decorating tips, clearly enjoyed moving around the set, offering suggestions on how to incorporate her pieces, etc. Was surprised by how adept and comfortable he seemed to be with products I'd not seen him present before. His ITKWD shtick gets old, redundant, so was nice to see him genuinely enthused, thoroughly engaged. Had hoped the DHWD show would offer this side of DV, allow him to step away from his kitchen apron persona and show content.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, caminlaca said:

Was disappointed the couple times I flipped by. Had really enjoyed him in a late-night VPH show, last Fall(?), in which he offered some nice decorating tips, clearly enjoyed moving around the set, offering suggestions on how to incorporate her pieces, etc. Was surprised by how adept and comfortable he seemed to be with products I'd not seen him present before. His ITKWD shtick gets old, redundant, so was nice to see him genuinely enthused, thoroughly engaged. Had hoped the DHWD show would offer this side of DV, allow him to step away from his kitchen apron persona and show content.

guessing it didn't because that's the moneymaker 

--------------------

Amy Lug

"baig"

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4

I think this is 100th time JaneT has mentioned her kids valentines party

#enough or I will be singing dayenu before passover 

• Like 9

Blabby just said while showing the DCo slightly boot cut pajama jeans, that hosts are told to wear close fitting clothes so you rarely see hosts in boot cut jeans. I don't know what she is talking about. She just spews out random shit non stop.

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: clarity
  • Like 12

The AnyBody TSV pants have looked sloppy on just about everyone I’ve seen in them today. On Blabby, they look like a baggy skirt.

6D959DE7-C119-40CC-AEC8-59A387C11B44.thumb.jpeg.a393f01877d57245ecb250d8fe8f2621.jpeg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Booney said:

The AnyBody TSV pants have looked sloppy on just about everyone I’ve seen in them today. On Blabby, they look like a baggy skirt.

6D959DE7-C119-40CC-AEC8-59A387C11B44.thumb.jpeg.a393f01877d57245ecb250d8fe8f2621.jpeg

She looks like a sister wife in this getup.

• Like 13

Those pants were called elephant leg pants in 1969. 

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

10 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with chocolate, butter, toffee, almonds, and marzipan.  I am salivating right now.

Would you believe I never heard of Jordan crackers?  I just Googled them -- they look kind of creepy, lol, like fingers, but I am sure taste absolutely delicious!

They are wonderful things! I've loved them since I was a kid. We used to always buy them at the candy stores on the boardwalks of Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant. 🌅

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Blabby just said while showing the DCo slightly boot cut pajama jeans, that hosts are told to wear close fitting clothes so you rarely see hosts in boot cut jeans. I don't know what she is talking about. She just spews out random shit non stop.

So is that supposed to be QVC's excuse for putting hosts in clothes two or three sizes too small? Or maybe it's just Jane's excuse for those skintight jackets she likes to wear, and Carolyn's excuse for "I'm wearing the large."  It certainly doesn't apply to Jill, who favors loose boxy jackets.

I don't know what Jane meant about hosts rarely wearing boot cut jeans either. If Q is pushing them, the hosts will be wearing them.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Those pants were called elephant leg pants in 1969. 

I had a pair back then.  Pinstripe grey.  Nicely fitted through the waist & hips.  Looked nothing like the monstrosity in the picture.

• Like 8

Courtney K’s lips are looking very plumped this morning. I’m sure it’s just some amazing new lippy and nothing more *ahem* intrusive. 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I had a pair back then.  Pinstripe grey.  Nicely fitted through the waist & hips.  Looked nothing like the monstrosity in the picture.

probably because they were real pants not these excuse for pants 

like the PJ's being sold AS pants    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR because we "like to be comfortable"  #billofgoods

• Like 9

1 minute ago, hummingbird said:

probably because they were real pants not these excuse for pants 

like the PJ's being sold AS pants    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR because we "like to be comfortable"  #billofgoods

I love this phrase of Tim Gunn's so much (and have quoted it here before): "The slobbification of America"

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Booney said:

I love this phrase of Tim Gunn's so much (and have quoted it here before): "The slobbification of America"

exactly

• Like 5

These three look lovely this morning! Yeah, I know Jen is in an off-the-shoulder dress again, but it’s so nice to see the hosts dressed up for a change (athough these three generally dress nicely, unlike some of the others). I guess the ladies have to up their game for Beauty Day. 

2706F1E6-668D-4A8F-BD68-7416D2811FA5.thumb.jpeg.d409086b8c0e476ac75cbb6b4a1e6f78.jpeg

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

Did Gobby get dumped from the Saturday morning AM Style on Q2? It’s listed as “AM Style with Mary Nelson” this morning. I think Gobby is on a slide down the career ladder at the Q. Not that I mind - I think she’s a bore.

On another note, Leah was presenting an Urban Decay brow pencil (called the Brow Blade) this morning, and the OAP said she is “a certified microbladist.” I guess you can get certified in just about anything today. Did you know that I’m a Certified Shopping Channels Snarkist?

@Booney,I aspire to be certified, congratulations !!

• Like 8

Gobby definitely seems relegated to random Q2 and BeautyIQ shows.....I don't mind her, and hopefully she doesn't really care, what with 2 small kids and all.

I'm waiting to see what they do with The Zell....1am-6am is getting very crowded.

Doubling up on the newest hosts during those hours is one too many.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Gobby definitely seems relegated to random Q2 and BeautyIQ shows.....I don't mind her, and hopefully she doesn't really care, what with 2 small kids and all.

I'm waiting to see what they do with The Zell....1am-6am is getting very crowded.

Doubling up on the newest hosts during those hours is one too many.

I suspect you might be right about G,  she is in the middle area not a newbie and not a seasoned. sadly I could see her being shown the door her sales are probably just average

I used to half watch her Saturday am style but with Mary N fuggaabouit 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Booney said:

Did you know that I’m a Certified Shopping Channels Snarkist?

Certified and Puddy approved.

download.jpg.48dc0fae909f552dfa7baad9a9a842ba.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Booney said:

Blabby: "Any-bodies" just to be sure it sounds like she made it up. Also makes it sound like something available at Sears in 1974.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, Booney said:

On another note, Leah was presenting an Urban Decay brow pencil (called the Brow Blade) this morning, and the OAP said she is “a certified microbladist.” I guess you can get certified in just about anything today. Did you know that I’m a Certified Shopping Channels Snarkist?

I'm just Certifiable.

• Like 14

Question: How is it possible for Jen Coffey to be the smartest woman in the room?

Answer: Cause she's standing next to Josie.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Booney said:

These three look lovely this morning! Yeah, I know Jen is in an off-the-shoulder dress again, but it’s so nice to see the hosts dressed up for a change (athough these three generally dress nicely, unlike some of the others). I guess the ladies have to up their game for Beauty Day. 

2706F1E6-668D-4A8F-BD68-7416D2811FA5.thumb.jpeg.d409086b8c0e476ac75cbb6b4a1e6f78.jpeg

Leah looks stunning in that dress.

• Like 20

50 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

David showed up for ITKWM today (she's there too).

I think our speculation here that they’re trying to drive viewers to Q2 is accurate. Having David on ITKWM, while Mary is also there, seems designed to get people to tune in.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Booney said:

I think our speculation here that they’re trying to drive viewers to Q2 is accurate. Having David on ITKWM, while Mary is also there, seems designed to get people to tune in.

To me it seems like David is getting more air time than Mary.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, letusprocrastinate said:

To me it seems like David is getting more air time than Mary.

Hence, the appellation Unnecessary Mary.

• Like 10

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.