Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

This was posted on the Skinn Cosmetics FB page today.

dimitri.thumb.jpg.9216edab6420b533ea2db610ac71e284.jpg

Maybe it’s just my iPhone screen but his skin tone/color looks so off almost dead & dry looking,more so his lip color. Nothing about this photo would impress me enough to go buy his products. It’s so obvious looking at him that these “results” are from a Doctor & not from his Serums.  

I don’t care how much you spend on face lifts,Botox etc. At some point we all end up looking old. You can tighten your skin & plump it full of crap but you will never have the same young face you had in your 20s,30s,40s.  It’s the cycle of life. 

• Like 14

Honeybell, Schmoneybell!

I enjoy Natalie's delicious, 100 per cent Florida orange juice that I get at my local Publix every week.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Honeybell, Schmoneybell!

I enjoy Natalie's delicious, 100 per cent Florida orange juice that I get at my local Publix every week.

I ordered them a few years ago and asked for a refund, most of them were dry and just not good.

• Like 5

PMStyle with Courtney Khondabi? 

First old newbie to have a named show? Asking for myself because I don't know.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

Is it on Q2?  Have not heard about it, except isn't she Amy's social media person on regular PMStyle?

• Like 4

Just now, Thumper said:

Is it on Q2?  Have not heard about it, except isn't she Amy's social media person on regular PMStyle?

Yes. On Q2 now...6:30 ish Central Time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

I think so. I don’t think I’ve seen a named show for any of the other newbies yet.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Booney said:

I think so. I don’t think I’ve seen a named show for any of the other newbies yet.

I saw her with ?Gary, or as he is now known, “ the Gobster “ or whatever the hell Shawn is calling him. I haven’t seen her much, she seems pretty polished.

• Like 7

Drinking game - take a swig every time David says “extraordinary.” Good grief, I’ve lost count. He was selling a copper pot set earlier, and must have said “extraordinary” 25 times. Now, everything about Honeybells is “extraordinary.” It’s also an “extraordinary day.” 

• Like 10

On 1/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, LeeDenny said:

Why can't people just say they have a wide calf?! I wear wide calf boots. My legs aren't fat but the aren't "athletic" either. I just have large calf muscles that are NOT the result of any sort of athletics. Bodies are all different. Let's embrace them and not have to excuse ourselves for not being a runway model.

I call mine toddler calves. Idk how my muscles are. I'm a pear and I do have a strong lower half ( judging by the exercises i can do lol) but I can't see anything resembling muscle in my calves. They are just chubby.

This woman Mimi G ( she makes her own clothes) has large chubby AND heavily muscled calves which I kind of wish mine were like ( not as big as hers but to at least have visible muscle)

Hers look overdeveloped but I'd like a little muscle like this... I just don't understand how she managed to get her muscles to show when she obv has a lot of chub on her ( not calling her fat).... I saw a workout vid she did and she does do actual leg workouts so maybe she just works them very hard,

Mimi-g-white-dress-1.png

Kerstin has slightly chunky calves and good muscle too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIFORjApVCZeyvB99aBnT

if anyone knows what exercise produces that ball of muscle let me know! LOL

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 4

On 1/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, Bronx Babe said:

Carolyn says she has a "bunny room"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

LOL

That Is one sinister rabbit!  

It's "Night of the Lepus"!  (sci-fi/horror film with mutant bunnies attacking Janet Leigh and Stuart Whitman)

That's so cute. I want a mean bunny.

4 hours ago, Booney said:

Alberti looks goofy with his Honeybell bib. I wonder if he’ll squeeze Alan’s honeybells?

6E801710-29EF-4D8F-A672-4A4408A9296F.thumb.jpeg.4cd670e9e02f831383b536c527d198c6.jpeg

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Alberti probably squeezed his own. Alan's would be all squeezed and out of juice, not firm enough for Alberti LOL.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

I call mine toddler calves. Idk how my muscles are. I'm a pear and I do have a strong lower half ( judging by the exercises i can do lol) but I can't see anything resembling muscle in my calves. They are just chubby.

This woman Mimi G ( she makes her own clothes) has large chubby AND heavily muscled calves which I kind of wish mine were like ( not as big as hers but to at least have visible muscle)

Hers look overdeveloped but I'd like a little muscle like this... I just don't understand how she managed to get her muscles to show when she obv has a lot of chub on her ( not calling her fat).... I saw a workout vid she did and she does do actual leg workouts so maybe she just works them very hard,

Mimi-g-white-dress-1.png

Kerstin has slightly chunky calves and good muscle too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIFORjApVCZeyvB99aBnT

Not to brag (hahahahahahhhhh!), but I have good calves and I am a fluffy Apple shape.  (Less fluffy than last year, though.). In my family's case, it is hereditary.  Thanks, Mom!  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not to brag (hahahahahahhhhh!), but I have good calves and I am a fluffy Apple shape.  (Less fluffy than last year, though.). In my family's case, it is hereditary.  Thanks, Mom!  

Apples do often have good legs, it's just the middle that's an issue. But at least you can wear skirts and look great. I do like my legs ( they're shapely at least) but I don't feel they look nice w/out hosiery partly due to my big old knees lol. I not only have toddler calves but I have the nerve to have large unsightly knees lol. But hey, I have a 26-27 inch waist. Every body type has it's goods and bads... even hourglasses... they can be well balanced but have very hefty upper arms.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I had a customer in the late 90's who worked at, of all things, a sports management company - the one that had some really huge golf, basketball and tennis stars.  When I was called in to him, let's just say his name was John Doe, I showed up and to my surprise, John Doe was wearing a dress and introduced herself as Jane Doe.  Her manager was there, and kept referring to her as John and it was the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever been a part of.  I had to meet with her the following week and I called my dad, who was a psychiatrist and worked for a time at Hopkins in their gender reassignment department....I asked him what I should do, what I should call her.  He said be honest with her, ask her what she wants to be called.   I did that at the beginning of the meeting and what ensued was a 1/2 hour discussion about what she was going through and had been going through her entire life.  I'll never forget her saying this to me  - she said "Do people think this is something I chose?  If there was any way to spare myself this pain, don't they think I'd have done it?"  It was excruciatingly sad and frustrating....and this was at a time when you didn't see a lot of trans people, so it wasn't accepted - especially at a sports management company.

I often think about her and what she's doing - she was eventually fired, given the reason that it was too uncomfortable for their clients.  Can you believe that?

so much better now 

FWiW I think Dimitri is addicted to plastic surgery and fillers - 

• Like 5

What’s with the hair on one of The Camouflage Company sisters this morning. It look like she just rolled out of bed.

1C54038D-246E-46CB-B60F-C9DDF2F9E885.thumb.jpeg.c52d36d5494674b26b697a7505c0aef2.jpeg

2D15583E-7AED-44FE-B242-43C12AF5AC8B.thumb.jpeg.1c432d51a1b29d6f82df75710537bb0c.jpeg

• Like 12

20 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

How many hosts does it take to sell fruit on a shopping channel?

Meanwhile, I will walk over to my fridge and grab a sweet little clementine I got from my market. 

Yep, picked up 3 pounds of Halos at my grocer's for $3.99. SCHWEEEEET!

• Like 10

Did anyone catch Suzanne Somers on the Q last night.  Yikes!   It looks like her skin is rejecting her fillers.   Plus she stumbled around explaining her products.    Normally, she is on the ball.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Booney said:

What’s with the hair on one of The Camouflage Company sisters this morning. It look like she just rolled out of bed.

2D15583E-7AED-44FE-B242-43C12AF5AC8B.thumb.jpeg.1c432d51a1b29d6f82df75710537bb0c.jpeg

She looks like she's standing in the wind. Those two women seems like they are three sheets to the wind every time they are on air. I wonder if their contract will be renewed. You can find similar products for a lot less on-line or at ikea.

I'll take the substitute JOY rep over Joy herself any day. Much more low key.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I ordered them a few years ago and asked for a refund, most of them were dry and just not good.

Better to just get a bag of tangelos or mandarins at the supermarket.

I wouldn't risk ordering food over a shopping channel.  My experience with Enstrom's toffee was decidedly underwhelming, and nothing will entice me again to impulse-buy anything on Gourmet Holiday.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Booney said:

Drinking game - take a swig every time David says “extraordinary.” Good grief, I’ve lost count. He was selling a copper pot set earlier, and must have said “extraordinary” 25 times. Now, everything about Honeybells is “extraordinary.” It’s also an “extraordinary day.” 

because everyone is busy on the phones

he has a very limited repertoire, sometimes it's like his installed program gets stuck 

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Did anyone catch Suzanne Somers on the Q last night.  Yikes!   It looks like her skin is rejecting her fillers.   Plus she stumbled around explaining her products.    Normally, she is on the ball.  

I am all for anyone selling anything,  but I think with her she should admit she had a great run on HSN and kind set a pattern, and just admit her sell by is over 

• Like 5

“Irish people really need vitamin b” - Suzanne Somers. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Better to just get a bag of tangelos or mandarins at the supermarket.

I wouldn't risk ordering food over a shopping channel.  My experience with Enstrom's toffee was decidedly underwhelming, and nothing will entice me again to impulse-buy anything on Gourmet Holiday.

They raved about that toffee, not good?

I think Suzanne needs to get a new hairstyle, IMO it looks ridiculous at her age.  Also she sounds like she has dentures.

Edited by LucyEth · Reason: Edited to add I guess Kerstink is her Kimberly and Coleen at the Q
  • Like 6

Kerstin and Suzanne on air now, oh my. Four minutes into the show Suzanne gave Kerstin the side-eye-of-death look for interrupting her. Suck it up, Suzanne. Kerstin bulldozes over everyone. 

If anyone missed it, Suzanne wants everyone to know she's 72. 

Suz wants to tell us about our colons. Kerstin blurted out that she had her heinie sucked out. What!?! She had that done before her wedding. Probably to help her fit in her bridal gown. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Kerstin and Suzanne on air now, oh my. Four minutes into the show Suzanne gave Kerstin the side-eye-of-death look for interrupting her. Suck it up, Suzanne. Kerstin bulldozes over everyone. 

If anyone missed it, Suzanne wants everyone to know she's 72. 

Suz wants to tell us about our colons. Kerstin blurted out that she had her heinie sucked out. What!?! She had that done before her wedding. Probably to help her fit in her bridal gown. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.

Do we now know her weight loss secret? Colonics (and ex-lax abuse?)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Suzanne wants everyone to know she's 72. 

looks older

living in the desert will do that

and clinging to the hairstyle of one's heyday doesn't help

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

and clinging to the hairstyle of one's heyday doesn't help

Good choice of words. Her hair looks like hay. 

• Like 15

21 hours ago, LucyEth said:

They raved about that toffee, not good?

A lot of people love Enstrom's but I found it just fair, not half as good as the Almond Roca (in that pink container) I had growing up. Truly delectable!

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 4

Suzanne $omers needs to quit dressing like a twenty-something if she's 72. Just give it a rest, for crying out loud. You are fooling nobody. Plus, ew.

IMHO, in that photo above, Dimitri looks like he's 72 azzz well. Not that there's anything wrong with being 72; I hope to be so someday myself. But I hope I won't look all My-Pillow-stuffing-faced like all these Botox/fillers people do.

Calf raises on stairs will do it. Stand on the edge of a step and let your heels hang down. Then press yourself up to tiptoe, then let your heels back down. Repeat until you get either the desired results, or the Queen Mother of calf cramps (if you are like me)!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

She looks like she's standing in the wind. Those two women seems like they are three sheets to the wind every time they are on air. I wonder if their contract will be renewed. You can find similar products for a lot less on-line or at ikea.

I'll take the substitute JOY rep over Joy herself any day. Much more low key.

Those sisters are the worst OAPs ever! Poor Leah, Gravuh then those two. Someone obviously told them to shut up/tone it way down/stop interrupting because they kept mentioning it but they just could NOT. The last item was so torturous, I was cringing for Leah, they were stumbling, stammering, shoving, and WAY over-explaining those stupid $20 zip boxes. Yes we get how they work!! Shove your stuff in and move on.

ETA the lock and lock back up OAP is horrible too. "We just love it" and "you don't need to worry" over and over and over. Don't know about you but I ain't worried about lock and lock. She is so awkward and cringe inducing.

Edited by BecomingLimited
  • Like 5

those boxes can't imagine why they 

• even bother selling HomeGoods type stuff
  • ship someone from the UK to sell that crap 

if I want HG stuff I will go to one 5 mins away 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Hyacinth B said:

Yep, picked up 3 pounds of Halos at my grocer's for $3.99. SCHWEEEEET!

wait a sec.. i just realized i bought a bag halos last week LOL. they're delicious. they're baby halos though

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Booney said:

I haven’t done Jenimations in ages, mainly because Jen is just too annoying to watch lately. However, when I saw that she had a show with Aunt Blabby this afternoon, I had to check it out. I bring you: Jenimations with Aunt Blabby

BCF1AF9B-0F4D-494B-8BBF-A607627D834C.thumb.jpeg.12e82cb1ed7f046926ea0419f8999b56.jpeg

Bwahahahahaha!  Just look at Aunt Blabby's face!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Booney said:

I haven’t done Jenimations in ages, mainly because Jen is just too annoying to watch lately. However, when I saw that she had a show with Aunt Blabby this afternoon, I had to check it out. I bring you: Jenimations with Aunt Blabby

BCF1AF9B-0F4D-494B-8BBF-A607627D834C.thumb.jpeg.12e82cb1ed7f046926ea0419f8999b56.jpeg

LOL

what the heck did this guy look like when young? Because he aged into an old woman lol. How does that happen?

44 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Re:  The large calf muscles

If you utilize Liberty Mutual Insurance and ride a bicycle, you're all good.

liberty mutual calves ad.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 8

I think our beautiful Brenda is married now. Because she is in her later 30's I expect a baby bump within the year ( a la Meghan Markle) since she doesn't have the luxury of waiting as she would if she was 25. I think she would look so cute preggers. I bet she'll stay skinny and just have a bump.

Now I wonder when Deanna will get married. I sound like a grandma LOLOL but i'm actually just about their age which is what makes me more curious about them. Deanna seems kind of free spirited so she may not marry at all. What a waste of genes if she doesn't have babies though! LOL

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 5

I got curious checking out RLM on The Google.

He must really like that outfit he had on today.  There's an article from Women's Wear Daily, from this past November, and guess what?  Same outfit.  He must save the polka dots for really special occasions or something!

I'm glad I did this, though.  He really does some nice things and has a storied career.

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/urban-zen-celebrates-designer-and-artist-robert-lee-morris-1202914125/

image.png.e6d4e0bb60b901483d5d6a0536b05b04.png

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

check this out!  I linked to the article, azzz well.  There are some other pictures of him in the article

https://theadventurine.com/jewelry/profiles/the-eternal-style-of-robert-lee-morris/

image.thumb.png.5ce4b4c6e829ae69bede5b7f2f7a3c8c.png

Thanks for the links to the articles. He certainly has had an illustrious career - I'm impressed!

That model from the past on the left in the pic looks a little like our Katia, and has the same bored expression Katia wears when she's modeling D&C or Quacker, lol. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Booney said:

9EBCA72E-F48A-4DA8-B87E-6C46787E18D4.thumb.jpeg.bf6420e9831829bd5b02b2c84776ef56.jpeg

HAHAHA! That does look like something from Jill's closet! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

check this out!  I linked to the article, azzz well.  There are some other pictures of him in the article

https://theadventurine.com/jewelry/profiles/the-eternal-style-of-robert-lee-morris/

image.thumb.png.5ce4b4c6e829ae69bede5b7f2f7a3c8c.png

Wow, everyone looked so young and beautiful in those pictures. I think RLM would like less feminine if he cut his hair differently and didn't raid Jill's closet.

• Like 8

Does Q really believe that we’re going to rush to redecorate our homes to suit Diva’s taste?  All they’re doing is giving Diva his own non-cooking show and having him sell their regular crapola.  Pathetic 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Does Q really believe that we’re going to rush to redecorate our homes to suit Diva’s taste?  All they’re doing is giving Diva his own non-cooking show and having him sell their regular crapola.  Pathetic 

Exactly! The show will be a cavalcade of the usual qrap, bundled in two hours that are masquerading as a “new” show.

The fake banter is ridiculous. Diva, selling the TSV humidifier, says to Scott Hind, “Thanks for coming in!” Of course he’s “coming in” - he’s selling the freaking TSV and has been there all day! It makes me laugh when these hosts want us to think that they’ve “invited” vendors into their shows. Just sell the stupid products and stop with the blathering - please!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 17

5 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Suzanne $omers needs to quit dressing like a twenty-something if she's 72. Just give it a rest, for crying out loud. You are fooling nobody. Plus, ew.

IMHO, in that photo above, Dimitri looks like he's 72 azzz well. Not that there's anything wrong with being 72; I hope to be so someday myself. But I hope I won't look all My-Pillow-stuffing-faced like all these Botox/fillers people do.

Calf raises on stairs will do it. Stand on the edge of a step and let your heels hang down. Then press yourself up to tiptoe, then let your heels back down. Repeat until you get either the desired results, or the Queen Mother of calf cramps (if you are like me)!

Ahh.  In addition to my mother's genes, my calves may also be due to climbing 84 stairs multiple times during my college years.  "Upper campus" (dorms) vs "lower campus" (classes)!

Love seeing the photos of early RLM, too. Cutie.

• Like 6

Suzanne did a show on Beauty IQ with Elise Ivey. She looks like she’s wearing a Slanket:

B2B01326-833F-4773-B3B8-0C01F66C32DA.thumb.jpeg.d46aed2fb9eaf7ab07bd42757aa76f7f.jpeg

I didn’t see her other shows. Did that ol’ geezer Alan make any appearances?

• Like 15

Oh boy, so $uzanne $ommers is on QVC now??  How many filters did they have to use??  

I just don't believe her. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh boy, so $uzanne $ommers is on QVC now??  How many filters did they have to use??  

I just don't believe her. 

From Tootsie.

” how far can you pull back, how about Cleveland “

• Like 14