Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

9 hours ago, selhars said:

Now isn't that ironic, given all the comments here.

Not exactly sure what you mean.

Edit - I probably do know what you mean, and if you're comparing a man's co-workers snarking him live, on a television program that arguably is in "100,000,000 homes", to what many say here, well I would disagree that it is comparable.  I'm not as hard on him as some, mainly because I can relate a bit.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I was checking Amy Stran's FB page to see if there were any announcements about her new show and came across this from a couple of days ago.  She said she had just come from McTool's and while she was going to let her hair grow out, she changed her mind and went shorter and blonder.

To me, it looks like a version of Shawn's hair when she went on PM Style!  This must be the official hairstyle of PMS!  I think Amy looks really pretty without much makeup, but the hair?  Oy, not good......

49627758_10156854998941445_7058992034756952064_n.jpg

49711623_10156855748871445_4973316445069901824_n.jpg

wowzers at how much fresher she looks unmade up. the makeup ages her a solid 15 years!!! and the hair is aging another 10. Oh Amy why???????????

Why did you let that monster talk you into cutting and damaging again! Grow it out!!! I bet her husband wants her to grow it out lol. That cut is NOT attractive on her face. It's basically Justin Bieber hair or something lol.

i don't get it... if she's doing this look at 39 what look will she be doing at 59???? What is the deal with her???

Amy, I implore you to STOP seeing McTool. You are a beautiful woman but she is destroying your looks as she is so experienced at doing !

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Maybe the Nutrisysten foods help her to keep the weight off, however she initially lost it.

Could very well be.

9 hours ago, Burly said:

Same as most jobs then. I think it says a lot for the company that someone can get on that way.

i don’t see a lot of Mary but I find her easy to watch, although the down home chumminess can get a bit much after a while. I think we sometimes forget though, that most “normal” viewers watch shopping channels for a few minutes then hop off somewhere else. More invested viewers might watch an entire show. Then there are people like us who probably watch more than is good for us because we like discussing the nuances. 

I guess the danger is that they give her so many hours across so many product ranges that she starts to grate on people. Over exposure is a common problem on all types of tv though isn’t it? 

Smartly stated.

• Like 4

Are Pat JD and Jayne Brown still on? I don't see any mention or snarking on them.

On well deserved vacation?

• Like 2

Carolyn should ditch the short jackets permanently and stick with longer jackets like this one. The duster length doesn’t work for everyone, but I think it’s flattering on her. Her shoes work nicely with the jeans too. I do have to chuckle though at her “model feet” pose because she’s selling folding metal shelves!

F98AF03F-35AC-4AA2-A4A6-D7AD1C63E31D.thumb.jpeg.004ea484bb0a2965317ec24d582686cd.jpeg

Ant also looked nice during her Logo show. Her hair is looking better than that awful bob she was sporting, although I think the bangs are still too heavy for her face.

B515F0FF-23DC-4F08-BE0B-1CC605897215.thumb.jpeg.fa0dc3635b5c8acfd7f920e7ce37fca3.jpeg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Hahaha. Shawnie’s D&C TSV is the questionable “denim” jacket. No way to knot that sucker! 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

Can you obi it ?🤔

I think you could! It's long enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I like Amy's hair.

I'm with ya

Edited by artisto · Reason: had to remove a copy/paste with no relevance
  • Like 5

Amy, Amy, Amy; scrape that garbage off your face. You are so much prettier without it. And that hair is awful. It looks like she was attacked by a Frost and Tip kit.

frost and tip.jpg

• Like 9

***And the Winners Are...***

The results of the poll are up and ready for viewing! If you go to the Shopping Channels menu, you’ll see a thread titled: “The Winners: The Worst SCS Fashions - July to December 2018.” It has the winners for each of the nine categories. Excellent choices, everyone!! 

If you want to see more detailed results, you can go back and click on each of the four parts of the poll, and you’ll see the percentage of votes for each of the nominees.

Happy viewing!

• Like 8

Amy can carry off many different hairstyles.  This is not my favorite, but she's still cute.  She must have to use a LOT of product (or has some natural wave/curl) to get that piecy look, though.  (I love "piecy" looks but my hair inevitably falls, straight!  lol)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Amy, Amy, Amy; scrape that garbage off your face. You are so much prettier without it. And that hair is awful. It looks like she was attacked by a Frost and Tip kit.

frost and tip.jpg

Yes! 

When I made my comment above, it wasn't to mean that I disliked the haircut....I dislike the highlights, which as you point out above, look like an old school frost job, just like Shawn Killinger's looked!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I think you could! It's long enough. 

Bingo !

• Like 2

I can't believe how similar Aimes looks to Skunky now.  They definitely look related now.  McTool is the worst for short haircuts.  She must give some discount to her QVC clients or are they free?

Caro really should wear more dusters like that.  Even the print camouflages her muffin-top.

I had to post pics of Marie O.  She looks like a mannequin.  That's St. MaryBeth's sister btw!  She lost over 100 lbs.

5c33bbe4895bb_qvc274.thumb.jpg.05261d8b64d3a21cf98b84e6714060da.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

wowzers at how much fresher she looks unmade up. the makeup ages her a solid 15 years!!! and the hair is aging another 10. Oh Amy why???????????

Why did you let that monster talk you into cutting and damaging again! Grow it out!!! I bet her husband wants her to grow it out lol. That cut is NOT attractive on her face. It's basically Justin Bieber hair or something lol.

i don't get it... if she's doing this look at 39 what look will she be doing at 59???? What is the deal with her???

Amy, I implore you to STOP seeing McTool. You are a beautiful woman but she is destroying your looks as she is so experienced at doing !

What sort of hold does this McTool woman have over these hosts? That hair on Amy is so dated and aging. The Kate Gosselin cut, the brassy highlights that look like they came from a box of Revlon Frost'N'Glo, it's awful. I liked her shoulder length, dark hair much better.

• Like 8

don't mind the blonde on Amy but she should grow out her hair, 

thoughts comments on why experienced hosts are being Q2'd?

out to pasture, thereby to retirement?

bring more viewers there

give newbies more experience and exposure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I had to post pics of Marie O.  She looks like a mannequin. 

5c33bbe4895bb_qvc274.thumb.jpg.05261d8b64d3a21cf98b84e6714060da.jpg

Can you tell which is a real person and which is a plastic doll? (according to google, one of them is a Marie Osmond doll).

20190107_173106.jpg

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Carolyn should ditch the short jackets permanently and stick with longer jackets like this one. The duster length doesn’t work for everyone, but I think it’s flattering on her. Her shoes work nicely with the jeans too. I do have to chuckle though at her “model feet” pose because she’s selling folding metal shelves!

F98AF03F-35AC-4AA2-A4A6-D7AD1C63E31D.thumb.jpeg.004ea484bb0a2965317ec24d582686cd.jpeg

Ant also looked nice during her Logo show. Her hair is looking better than that awful bob she was sporting, although I think the bangs are still too heavy for her face.

B515F0FF-23DC-4F08-BE0B-1CC605897215.thumb.jpeg.fa0dc3635b5c8acfd7f920e7ce37fca3.jpeg

Caro and Ant both look great in the long tops. For once, Caro's outfit won't get on the 2019 Worst Fashions list.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What sort of hold does this McTool woman have over these hosts? That hair on Amy is so dated and aging. The Kate Gosselin cut, the brassy highlights that look like they came from a box of Revlon Frost'N'Glo, it's awful. I liked her shoulder length, dark hair much better.

Yes Kate Gosselin. I couldn't remember her name.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Booney said:

They both look nice!

But.....who told Ant it was a good idea to wear patent leather dress pumps with her jeans?

And are those jeans?  I can't tell what they are....

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

They both look nice!

But.....who told Ant it was a good idea to wear patent leather dress pumps with her jeans?

And are those jeans?  I can't tell what they are....

I believe Ant said that they are the Logo jeans they were going to show, going to be a TSV or a One Day, something like that.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, hummingbird said:

don't mind the blonde on Amy but she should grow out her hair, 

thoughts comments on why experienced hosts are being Q2'd?

out to pasture, thereby to retirement?

bring more viewers there

give newbies more experience and exposure

Probably all of the above. Certainly giving some of the bigger selling hosts like Rick a show on Q2 seems to be a tactic to bring more viewers there. For someone like Dan Hughes, I’m not sure. It seems like the main channel is doing more and more fashion in the mornings when Dan is usually on. Maybe there’s not as much of a place for him on the main channel any more. Some of the others may be low sellers and being sent to the farm team. For example, I agree with @SnowDazed that Katie and Gobby are dreadfully boring and, therefore, may be better suited to Q2 where expectations may be lower.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 7

I was surprised to see that GILI Jill is actually thinner than Amy!  Amy actually looks curvy next to her.  GILI Jill's jeans look too tight and gross tonight.

Skunko bum rushed  the set during a LOGO presentation with Amy.  She acted like they were all good friends with lots of fake hugs and kisses.  She is really working it tonight with LOGO.  Actually acting happier than usual.  I will say she wears the LOGO rags well.

5c3414f502beb_2019-01-0721_38_06.thumb.jpg.c30ccf158e92ed9aab260ae96068db6d.jpg

5c3416a9eded8_2019-01-0722_18_34.thumb.jpg.9e1215dea18d43e2c027e0b8ee630436.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I was surprised to see that GILI Jill is actually thinner than Amy!  Amy actually looks curvy next to her.  GILI Jill's jeans look too tight and gross tonight.

Skunko bum rushed  the set during a LOGO presentation with Amy.  She acted like they were all good friends with lots of fake hugs and kisses.  She is really working it tonight with LOGO.  Actually acting happier than usual.  I will say she wears the LOGO rags well.

I agree with you - this seems to suit Shawn and her quirky "style".  I only saw a little bit of it - I unfortunately tuned in during a very frenetic showing of what looked like a Logofied henley tee.  It was madness watching the two of them and I had to turn it off!

• Like 6

Looks like Jill Frau borrowed one of Rev Dan or Greg Lawrence's sports jackets tonight!  She even cuffed the sleeves.

5c34210fdaa7e_2019-01-0723_03_06.thumb.jpg.28fec5460ae14b6495e21f6601b1379c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Burly said:

Same as most jobs then. I think it says a lot for the company that someone can get on that way.

i don’t see a lot of Mary but I find her easy to watch, although the down home chumminess can get a bit much after a while. I think we sometimes forget though, that most “normal” viewers watch shopping channels for a few minutes then hop off somewhere else. More invested viewers might watch an entire show. Then there are people like us who probably watch more than is good for us because we like discussing the nuances. 

I guess the danger is that they give her so many hours across so many product ranges that she starts to grate on people. Over exposure is a common problem on all types of tv though isn’t it? 

Good points.

🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢

20 hours ago, selhars said:

Now isn't that ironic, given all the comments here.

That's because one of the Rules Of Snarking is:

Do as we say, not as we do.

😉😁

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

Now see, I think that she looks older in the car photo. Also, it makes me think that her ignorant ditz act on the Q is just that - an act.

• Like 5

So how is Shawn doing with Denim &Company?  I just clicked over for a minute to hear her say she hand picked  a350681  Cable Knit Long Sleeve Tunic Sweater.  She likes the unusual colors.  Seems to be playing nice, but def showing her edginess!  lol. 

Edit:. Just saw that the price is over $50!!!!   NO.  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Are Pat JD and Jayne Brown still on? I don't see any mention or snarking on them.

On well deserved vacation?

I hardly ever see them. Their airtime doesn't mesh with my awake hours, I think.

👤👤👤👤👤👤

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

And if they weren't 75 bucksh.

An increasing number of Logonauts are complaining in the reviews about the high prices this past year, I've noticed.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Edited by Burly · Reason: Error

6 hours ago, mpeeps said:

5c3414f502beb_2019-01-0721_38_06.thumb.jpg.c30ccf158e92ed9aab260ae96068db6d.jpg

Amy and Jill look like they're wearing black leotards on their way to ballet class. Too tight.

Shawn looks like she's on her way to a quilting class and has all her fabric scraps attached to her jacket and two tops. Hey, that's what customers can do with all the junk hanging off the bottoms of Lori's clothes -- cut it off and make little quilts. Placemats, baby quilts, pet quilts, pillow shams. Might as well get your money's worth.

• Like 11

I have a couple of Loco Lori's garments.  A couple of tank/cardi sets that are solid colors and match.  They do have a ruffle attachment, but it's the same-tone fabric and not overly gathered.  One cardi has no attachment at the hem.  What I like about them is the more generous sweep dimension, which jives with my body's generous sweep dimension.  What I don't like is the rayon/spandex fabric content, which clings to things it shouldn't cling to.  I still wear a couple of them, with spanx and unadorned pants (no buttons/pockets etc. to muck up the works).  

I'm confident that Logo's window for ruffles and doo-dads is closing.  That design affect has been around longer than it should be.  I would like to see her dip her toe in the woven fabric pool, while keeping the tunic lengths and a-line cuts.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, sauce62 said:

And if they weren't 75 bucksh.

Exactly. I've never bought Logo, but I saw a top last night during Amy's show that really tempted me...until I saw the price. $89.50 plus $3.50 s/h? No way I would spend that for this top -  A275027.

• Like 9

Carolyn throwing shade at Gary this morning - “It was fun watching Gary trying to keep up with Shawn last night.”

Also, she just informed us that the TSV jacket is not in stock - it won’t ship until January 18. I guess the merchandise is arriving on the proverbial slow boat from China?

• Like 6

Carolyn was apparently glued to her TV during Shawn’s D&C show last night. She keeps talking about it. “Gary, I thought Shawn was going to die when she realized she was wearing Denim & Co jeans.”

I think she’s annoyed that more hosts are doing D&C shows. She recently said that Gary is on air a lot these days, and he was no longer “exclusive” to her.

They presented a blouse and Gary said that Carolyn had brought him one that she bought elsewhere, and he created a D&C version of it. “You do what Carolyn says,” said Gary. Carolyn: “Can you call my husband and tell him to do that?” Gary, looking at the camera: “Do what Carolyn says.” Bossypants demands obedience!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Carolyn throwing shade at Gary this morning - “It was fun watching Gary trying to keep up with Shawn last night.”

Also, she just informed us that the TSV jacket is not in stock - it won’t ship until January 18. I guess the merchandise is arriving on the proverbial slow boat from China?

It must have really galled her to watch the TSV debut with Shawn, to the point where she stayed up to watch it, considering that she's working today.

📎📎📎📎📎📎📎📎📎📎

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have a couple of Loco Lori's garments.  A couple of tank/cardi sets that are solid colors and match.  They do have a ruffle attachment, but it's the same-tone fabric and not overly gathered.  One cardi has no attachment at the hem.  What I like about them is the more generous sweep dimension, which jives with my body's generous sweep dimension.  What I don't like is the rayon/spandex fabric content, which clings to things it shouldn't cling to.  I still wear a couple of them, with spanx and unadorned pants (no buttons/pockets etc. to muck up the works).  

I'm confident that Logo's window for ruffles and doo-dads is closing.  That design affect has been around longer than it should be.  I would like to see her dip her toe in the woven fabric pool, while keeping the tunic lengths and a-line cuts.

I, too, have her simpler-styled garments - no peplums, minimal tonal lace, non-or-merely-small-matching edge ruffles. And also hope that she keeps the tunic lengths and A-line cuts.

I like printed tops because I don't tend to wear layers of clothing which necessitates styling the colors - I'd melt from the heat of the layers- so I like a lot of her prints. Such a change from the usual dreary patterns that might, just might, be offered in the plus sizes in SWAD.

I don't mind the rayon-span, because nothing short of a burqa is going to hide my Pleasantly Plump Personage©.😊

I think the importance of the rayon span to her is that it doesn't shrink or fade like the cotton blends will.

I do give her credit that her clothes are different. They might not be to everyone's taste, but if "classic" styling isn't your cup of tea, then the incorporation of some her items can nicely mix things up.

While I don't agree that "everything goes with everything", I have gotten a better appreciation for non-matchy color combinations from watching her stylings.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Carolyn was apparently glued to her TV durig Shawn’s D&C show last night. She keeps talking about it. “Gary, I thought Shawn was going to die when she realized she was wearing Denim & Co jeans.”

I think she’s annoyed that more hosts are doing D&C shows. She recently said that Gary is on air a lot these days, and she he was no longer “exclusive” to her.

They presented a blouse and Gary said that Carolyn had brought him one that she bought elsewhere, and he created a D&C version of it. “You do what Carolyn says,” said Gary. Carolyn: “Can you call my husband and tell him to do that?” Gary, looking at the camera; “Do what Carolyn says.” Bossypants demands obedience!

Maybe she is hoping the granny squad will rise up and demand that Carolyn is returned to her rightful position.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Burly said:

Caro: “I have an athletic calf” 😏

Why can't people just say they have a wide calf?! I wear wide calf boots. My legs aren't fat but the aren't "athletic" either. I just have large calf muscles that are NOT the result of any sort of athletics. Bodies are all different. Let's embrace them and not have to excuse ourselves for not being a runway model.

• Like 19

A Ryka Sneaker: wear this sneaker to help you embrace your New Year's resolution of being more social and engaging more with people.

Yes, wear it to lunch with your sister. 

Wear it over to the new neighbor and invite them to go on a walk..... (I kid you not)

Hell No!  If I'm new in the neighborhood and someone traipses over saying "let's go for a walk", I'm out!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Exactly. I've never bought Logo, but I saw a top last night during Amy's show that really tempted me...until I saw the price. $89.50 plus $3.50 s/h? No way I would spend that for this top -  A275027.

I had to look- yes it's quite nice (and solid!!) but  I agree that the price is out of line. To be honest, it reminds me of Lauren Conrad line Kohl's. Even if they started at a very high $68 it would probably end up costing (you know 20% off this, then an extra whatever) like $28.  Not almost $100 when you consider shipping and tax if applicable.

• Like 6

I could not believe the $89 price tag when I saw that top too!  $50 would even be a little steep!  It is supposedly all cotton which is breathable, but you need a blend to keep the shape IMO and avoid it from shrinking and really wrinkling in the wash.  Some of the reviews were even complaining about it.  Not worth the risk for that price.  While looking back at the top I couldn't help notice how Amy looks a little curvier than usual.  She is by no means heavy but I think she did put on a few pounds and no longer looks so skinny.  Or it could just be extra bulk from the Q clothes she wears for her shows.

5c34f04c59a44_qvc275.thumb.jpg.7bd78e99f3a5a11b0edc42255c71e3d8.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.