Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

OMG can't somebody or something fix it and make Kerstank's eyeballs stay still?  They're in constant shifty motion. It reminds of a wall clock from years ago that was a black cat whose tail & eyeballs moved left right left right as the seconds ticked away.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, dizzydame said:

OMG can't somebody or something fix it and make Kerstank's eyeballs stay still?  They're in constant shifty motion. It reminds of a wall clock from years ago that was a black cat whose tail & eyeballs moved left right left right as the seconds ticked away.

I wonder if she takes some sorts of pills, supplements, to ramp up her metabolism and it makes her shifty eyed.

So shifty eyes is called Nystagmus. It has many causes.

"Nystagmus is a vision condition in which the eyes make repetitive, uncontrolled movements. These movements often result in reduced vision and depth perception and can affect balance and coordination. These involuntary eye movements can occur from side to side, up and down, or in a circular pattern."

• Like 4

PB is at it again and said the word heiny twice already and squeezing in a workout on the job.

5bddd23635da5_2018-11-0312_49_56.thumb.jpg.81fe3afa3494750692ef4a4140038ef6.jpg5bddd2285715a_2018-11-0312_49_33.thumb.jpg.a103be3bbdaf53ea89448d5cbf127013.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dizzydame said:

A former roommate gave that exact same "retro" clock to me for my birthday when I lived in Chicago.  

You describe the eyes perfectly, lol.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Booney said:

Is Dame Ripker sitting on a child’s chair? She looks so shrunken. Rick looks like he just rolled in after Happy Hour.

3A233EBD-3184-42EE-B34D-E2C00CFF2FF9.thumb.jpeg.bc2ddba37b1ac0b741adbe222aa6ec53.jpeg

Is she dressed for Halloween??  I gasped out loud when I saw this picture, she has changed so much since she first started on the Q....she looks like a lion.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Booney said:

Is Dame Ripker sitting on a child’s chair? She looks so shrunken. Rick looks like he just rolled in after Happy Hour.

3A233EBD-3184-42EE-B34D-E2C00CFF2FF9.thumb.jpeg.bc2ddba37b1ac0b741adbe222aa6ec53.jpeg

She looks old and frail in that picture. How old is she? Around 70, or 70+?

This is interesting:

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=261528737&privcapId=141124439

Executive Profile*

Judith Ripka Berk

Chief Design Officer of the Ripka Brands for JR Licensing,Xcel Brands, Inc.

Ms. Judith Ripka Berk has been the Chief Design Officer of the Ripka Brands for JR Licensing at Xcel Brands, Inc. since April 04, 2014. Ms. Ripka started her acclaimed career in 1977 and since its inception her global brand has become known for its impeccable quality and distinctive and refined designs. Both the 18k Gold collection and a Sterling Silver collection are in fine jewelry stores worldwide. Ms. Ripka was a pioneer in interactive TV, debuting a collection on QVC in 1996 and served at The Shopping Channel in 2014. Ms. Ripka was chosen as one of “The Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World” and received the DeBeer’s Award for Outstanding Jewelry Design.

Information about Xcel Brands. In addition to the Rika jewelry brand, they manage the Isaac Mizrahi, H Halston, C Wonder and Highline Collective brands. It also manages and designs the Liz Claiborne New York brand.

https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile/XELB.A

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dizzydame said:

v8xcitP.gifand...   odr4qbH.gif  

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

These involuntary eye movements can occur from side to side, up and down, or in a circular pattern."

a2L6Ebc.gif  Alan Sues was very funny....   Kerstin is just annoyingly pathetic !

• Like 15

Ohhh thank you for the photo of the cat clock. It's been so very long since I've seen one of those. But wondering is it a photo of an oldie but goodie or can they still be had somewhere.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I wonder if she takes some sorts of pills, supplements, to ramp up her metabolism and it makes her shifty eyed.

So shifty eyes is called Nystagmus. It has many causes.

"Nystagmus is a vision condition in which the eyes make repetitive, uncontrolled movements. These movements often result in reduced vision and depth perception and can affect balance and coordination. These involuntary eye movements can occur from side to side, up and down, or in a circular pattern."

Yes, also drinking alcohol can cause this, and police check for it during road sobriety tests. In Pennsylvania and least.

Edited by Rdh1314 · Reason: Pa cops
  • Like 5

I think she does it to avoid making eye contact  directly into the camera and thus the viewers

make of that what you will

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 7

Well, this could be one of Blabby’s all time worst fashion fails...

9AAEFF89-33B0-4478-990F-A909C79C346D.jpeg.ba0dc37ce81e64ea88c696138f3db1ff.jpeg

What makes it even more dreadful? That’s not a skirt - it’s palazzo style pants!

B46CACA9-92B8-4C80-9E20-5079873F2590.thumb.jpeg.dc49bdf885a78a6b3618f26074aff7b5.jpeg

• Like 22

Jill, head to toe black does not make you look thin. And good lord, where does she find her clothes? She looks like she digs through the Goodwill clearance bins and finds old lady clothes from 40 years ago.*

*I'm sure none of us "old ladies" would be caught dead in anything she wears.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Jill, head to toe black does not make you look thin. And good lord, where does she find her clothes? She looks like she digs through the Goodwill clearance bins and finds old lady clothes from 40 years ago.*

*I'm sure none of us "old ladies" would be caught dead in anything she wears.

While standing next to her is Josie, who looks like she could put some more clothes on.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Booney said:

What makes it even more dreadful? That’s not a skirt - it’s palazzo style pants!

B46CACA9-92B8-4C80-9E20-5079873F2590.thumb.jpeg.dc49bdf885a78a6b3618f26074aff7b5.jpeg

LMAO at her legs here

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

While standing next to her is Josie, who looks like she could put some more clothes on.

so between them, there's maybe one halfway decent outfit

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Day2Day said:

v8xcitP.gifand...   odr4qbH.gif  

a2L6Ebc.gif  Alan Sues was very funny....   Kerstin is just annoyingly pathetic !

ahahahahahahah I find her eyes VERY disturbing too. as if she CANNOT keep them on the camera

it does feel to me as if she doesn't want to look the viewer "in the eye" but i think it has to be some condition...

i knew a guy in high school who had some form of partial blindness and his eyes shifted that way...

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Booney said:

The outfit really isn't all that bad. I think she' just wearing the wrong shoes with it.

The cat clock is still available. Amazon has it in several colors. https://www.amazon.com/Kit-Cat-Klock-Gentlemen-Original/dp/B0019IBD3U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3JBMGPJFT4NT6D5QW302

QVC should sell this clock and let David present it. It comes in 20 colors. Think of all the fun he'd have tapping the colors!

Cat clock with tail pendulum, Amazon, Nov 2018.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yes, talk about a contrast in styles! At least Jill isn’t trying to compete with Josie by dressing all sexy-like (thank goodness - that would be a sight!), like Jen did earlier or like Kerstin usually does.

328F9C35-6D73-47BE-ABAE-D16677675702.thumb.jpeg.ca555d5b707f43a3870474b588c06cc7.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

The outfit really isn't all that bad. I think she' just wearing the wrong shoes with it.

The cat clock is still available. Amazon has it in several colors. https://www.amazon.com/Kit-Cat-Klock-Gentlemen-Original/dp/B0019IBD3U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3JBMGPJFT4NT6D5QW302

QVC should sell this clock and let David present it. It comes in 20 colors. Think of all the fun he'd have tapping the colors!

Cat clock with tail pendulum, Amazon, Nov 2018.jpg

They should have David present it during one of those Kirsten and David shows and David should insert some shade LMAOOOO

OR

Have Kirsten herself present it LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If you post sooner than 5 minutes in the same thread, those posts will merge.  You need to refresh the screen if it's been more than 5 minutes, as it may still merge.  I'm referring to a laptop with Win 10.  I don't post on wireless devices, so can't say what the deal is with those.

@SuprSuprElevated  thank you.. I had no idea one had to wait and was getting so pissed off with merge after merge last night and deleting the merges

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowDazed said:

They should have David present it during one of those Kirsten and David shows and David should insert some shade LMAOOOO

OR

Have Kirsten herself present it LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@SnowDazed they are such cute clocks! My aunt had one, I was about  9 when I first saw it and I loved it.

I missed this whole day of Q but saw that crappy Plexiderm they must have a million to sell or more of that sheet, that was with Amy and then saw Curtis with the pans I like but they are not the same as before and added on a mini one to jack up the price.

Let the fun begin!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Yes, talk about a contrast in styles! At least Jill isn’t trying to compete with Josie by dressing all sexy-like (thank goodness - that would be a sight!), like Jen did earlier or like Kerstin usually does.

328F9C35-6D73-47BE-ABAE-D16677675702.thumb.jpeg.ca555d5b707f43a3870474b588c06cc7.jpeg

@letusprocrastinate I noticed that too with Kerstin competing.

A keen observer can notice the Kerstin dynamics as she tries so damn hard to not make it known that in reality she really wants to claw Josie's eyes right out of her head!!

Jill just pretends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Booney said:

omg this truly is dreadful! she looks like she's ready to take off in the bottom pic.

Why don't they have a checkpoint after getting dressed and before exiting to the camera?.

Bad outfit for a short very hippie woman SMH

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

And why the boots?? Horrific!

I know! And there was a photo (by Booney) of Carolyn wearing equally horrific beige shooties with reflective glow in the dark 1990s M.Jackson black skinny pants and a peplum top to elevate the look.  Angelo ....always with a happy grin on his face..I think he has a lot of fun at his job!

• Like 6

That cat clock reminds me of Felix the Cat (cartoon).  Don't watch Kirsten enough to notice shifty eyes.

Bad look on JRT.

Jill-- sigh.  No flowy stuff, please.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That cat clock reminds me of Felix the Cat (cartoon).  Don't watch Kirsten enough to notice shifty eyes.

Bad look on JRT.

She looks like great-grandmother of the bride.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Bad look on JRT.

I always thought it was Felix the Cat? but guess not lol

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

She looks old and frail in that picture. How old is she? Around 70, or 70+?

This is interesting:

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=261528737&privcapId=141124439

Executive Profile*

Judith Ripka Berk

Chief Design Officer of the Ripka Brands for JR Licensing,Xcel Brands, Inc.

Ms. Judith Ripka Berk has been the Chief Design Officer of the Ripka Brands for JR Licensing at Xcel Brands, Inc. since April 04, 2014. Ms. Ripka started her acclaimed career in 1977 and since its inception her global brand has become known for its impeccable quality and distinctive and refined designs. Both the 18k Gold collection and a Sterling Silver collection are in fine jewelry stores worldwide. Ms. Ripka was a pioneer in interactive TV, debuting a collection on QVC in 1996 and served at The Shopping Channel in 2014. Ms. Ripka was chosen as one of “The Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World” and received the DeBeer’s Award for Outstanding Jewelry Design.

Information about Xcel Brands. In addition to the Rika jewelry brand, they manage the Isaac Mizrahi, H Halston, C Wonder and Highline Collective brands. It also manages and designs the Liz Claiborne New York brand.

https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile/XELB.A

@Coffeecup Wow she's one heck of a wealthy woman but looks like a propped corpse....neat info.

I never cared for her and skip the channel when she's on.

She's morphing into a Bobble-head

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Jill looks dowdy and matronly - and there's absolutely no need for that. Her shape can't be worse than say mine, for example, and even I know that dressing like a black hole doesn't make one's body look thinner.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

ignore - was a duplicated post

56 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

ignore - was a duplicated post

@DownTheShore mine were dupes too...like wtf? I like an easy forum ...I find this kind of different and unkind to me lol

• Like 3

I see Courtney has gotten the 6-9 shift. That's actually outside the graveyard hours. Is this something to do with the change back to standard time or have they dug her out of the graveyard lol...I'm going to assume it's just to do with the extra hour.  Her face is looking disturbingly plastic this morning. I have to be honest and admit her face sometimes bothers me and not in the way you might think. It's the fakeness that bothers me, makes her appear vain and I feel as if I'm unable to see the "real" person. In that old college news vid her face did appear a lot more sincere and less vain ( back when she had her real features and less makeup).

5bded3f3b110f_ScreenShot2018-11-04at6_01_01AM.thumb.png.86463bd41c279f5b0d7cbf691c7311db.png

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Booney said:

Strategic move, Jill dressing in that matronly, bat-wing chiffon top.... she could have been the live example of the upper, inner arm crepe-i-ness targeted in that product presentation.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Day2Day said:

Strategic move, Jill dressing in that matronly, bat-wing chiffon top.... she could have been the live example of the upper, inner arm crepe-i-ness targeted in that product presentation.

@Day2Day these 2 were such polar opposites in that presentation... bat wing lol chiffon top was really a mess.

Maybe she thinks that since she has hit the big 50 as she mentioned so much we all got sick, she feels she's old and does indeed look dowdy. A shame really since she has beautiful skin. A little more youthful attire would go far with her but then she does act like a school teacher and I sooo hate that

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Day2Day said:

but the long necklace elevates the look, right ?

I think she doesn't GAF about how she dresses on air, she has said before shes very casual IRL, but this is the job you have and should dress accordingly.  She has access to great stores, it's not important to her 

--------------------------------

goodness, turning 50 is not an excuse 

• Like 8

FOR PETE'S SAKE!  While presenting Scrub Daddy, Christopher Joyce used that stale fossil phrase "Shawn Killinger got wedding gifts with labels on them".....OMG!  Has no one else gotten married since?

She must have made this a contractual requirement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

but the long necklace elevates the look, right ?

I think she doesn't GAF about how she dresses on air, she has said before shes very casual IRL, but this is the job you have and should dress accordingly.  She has access to great stores, it's not important to her 

I think you're spot on. She doesn't care when on Q.  She needs someone at Q to help her it's a very easy concept but Q doesn't seem to care wtf they walk out in. It's merely 3 hours for Gods sakes. Q should hire someone a professional to lay out something for her lol.   With Q being such a large company w/dressing rooms and all you'd think they would get her a personal or shared dressing assistant since others need it too.

As for myself if I have trouble with dressing at times since I really have not many affairs to attend it's tough to figure out what goes with what. I have so much stuff but get like ADD when it comes to dressier events.

Oh yeah.. the necklace does nt belong on there helooooo! Never heard of GAF. Good acronym.

• Like 3

the thing is they do have a stylist, the one that Jane never stops yentaing about, but for some reason I'd bet that Frau would never avail herself of such services at a dept store,  

FWIW I don't think the styling team at the Q is that great 

@Auntmimi777  it's so obvious that Q Mgt doesn't really care how they look on air at all 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

FOR PETE'S SAKE!  While presenting Scrub Daddy, Christopher Joyce used that stale fossil phrase "Shawn Killinger got wedding gifts with labels on them".....OMG!  Has no one else gotten married since?

She must have made this a contractual requirement.

I would expect Shawn Killinger to give wedding gifts with the sticky labels still on them.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

but the long necklace elevates the look, right ?         8a2UkpT.jpg

--------------------------------

goodness, turning 50 is not an excuse                      B4sohSr.jpg      39ClVYs.jpg

• Like 6

Carolyn fear-mongering with the TSV sonic toothbrush:  "Many of our senior viewers shouldn't have to deal with mouth infections which could really compromise their health...."

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Carolyn fear-mongering with the TSV sonic toothbrush:  "Many of our senior viewers shouldn't have to deal with mouth infections which could really compromise their health...."

I don't think an electric toothbrush is the solution to Medicare not covering dental.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

rabbit hole 

Yep. I was more thinking that Caro should not be implying that a toothbrush is a substitute for professional dental care.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I don't think an electric toothbrush is the solution to Medicare not covering dental.

No, unfortunately having healthy "teeth" starts early and most people simply don't brush their teeth enough . That's pretty short and to the point. Obviously there's much more to it, but having a healthy oral cavity/teeth should be part of any decent health insurance plan in this country in this day and age. 

Edited by Rdh1314
  • Like 5

Since it was pointed out,  I can't help but notice that Kerstin almost never looks right into the camera. ...isn't that a requirement for a television personality?

Very odd.

• Like 2