Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

Did you know Marla Wynne is living in Colorado now???? 😂😂😂. SO different from her sophisticated life in NYC, you know!!!

I like to watch her shows, but have not have not much luck with most of her items because : short and tummy.  😁

• Like 3

I think Marla moved to CO to be near her son or daughter but quick to abandon NYC like many others during the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Did you know Marla Wynne is living in Colorado now???? 😂😂😂. SO different from her sophisticated life in NYC, you know!!!

I like to watch her shows, but have not have not much luck with most of her items because : short and tummy.  😁

Me too THUMPER. I really like some of her jackets and tops but I like a tunic length. I don’t like her pants at all. 

• Like 2

I have many Birkenstock sandals, but they are all the thin 2- strapped style.  I find them a little more feminine than many Birks.   The comfort is so great.     I do NOT like their usual “thong” style.  They look thick, uncomfortable and kind of “uterus-y” looking, IMO. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

They look thick, uncomfortable and kind of “uterus-y” looking, IMO.

I have no idea what this means, but I find it very funny. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

To my eye (😜) , the thong has one thick strap down the center (uterus) with the two other straps being the Fallopian tubes, I guess?!  Plus the ugly thick button fastener at the toes.  (Not female anatomy-related, just unattractive, IMO)!   😁😁😁

Some psychologist might have fun interpreting that!  

Edited by Thumper
  • Laugh 5

Colleen has had some jade jewelry on some of her jewelry shows today.  I remember when QVC used to have a lot of jade shows.  Even bought a bracelet that I still have, although I never wear it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Colleen has had some jade jewelry on some of her jewelry shows today.  I remember when QVC used to have a lot of jade shows.  Even bought a bracelet that I still have, although I never wear it.

My two favorite jade rings came from QVC. Celadon green Burma jade. I bought them when the  U.S. lifted the ban on imports of rubies and jade from Myanmar (formerly Burma). Retailers were quick to jump on that and order new jewelry.

HSN has some pretty jewelry in the Jade of Yesteryear line.

• Like 1

I love how Curtis Stone thinks his son invented the Japanese omelet pan. 🤣   We usually buy the Egg Harbor Faroe Island salmon from QVC which is a Rastelli product. We took a chance and ordered his salmon, also Faroe Island, hoping it would be just as good. It was because it turned out to be a Rastelli product. Thing is, he charges more than QVC. He slaps his name on it and it’s suddenly worth more? The pork ribeyes he was hawking today are also Rastelli as QVC sells the same product under the Rastelli name. For what it’s worth, that Faroe Island salmon is to die for. It’s one of two shopping channel foods that we always splurge and order because we can’t get them any better elsewhere. The other is the bagels from QVC. Hubs loves them. The rest of the foods are ridiculously priced. So much we see is the same fare Aldi carries. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Flipping through channels this morning and stopped at HSN because they are doing a "Spring" show all day and I need to spruce up my backyard. 

Anyway, Guy Yovan was hosting. Never paid much attention to him before but this morning he was looking cute with his shorts and tanned legs. He was very funny, too, while still staying professional.  He kept moving around all over the place and the camera crew was having a hard time keeping up with him. I think I have a little crush on Guy. 😍

• Laugh 4

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

It’s really refreshing how professional they are on HSN. 

Yeahhhh I watched an hour of Andrew Lessman and didn't learn a thing.😅

• Laugh 4

Guy looks good in jeans, but he is distracting! 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I got a survey from HSN. I'm not sure if they are thinking to make it more like Q. One of the questions was something like, what do you think of when you watch QVC? What would they watch on tv? What would you talk about with them? Or similar nonsense. I roasted them good. I think my response was, dirty, sloppy, unprofessional, unprepared, drunk.

I said HSN, was professional, prepared, not drunk, etc. 😁

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I got a survey from HSN. I'm not sure if they are thinking to make it more like Q. One of the questions was something like, what do you think of when you watch QVC? What would they watch on tv? What would you talk about with them? Or similar nonsense. I roasted them good. I think my response was, dirty, sloppy, unprofessional, unprepared, drunk.

I said HSN, was professional, prepared, not drunk, etc. 😁

Yay, you! Thanks! 

• Like 5

I think that Alyce's father passed away, noticed she missed several of her shows.

She mentioned her parents often and her father was frail;  I think they were still living in their home,  not a facility.

(Read this elsewhere but I noticed her absence yesterday.)

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Sad 3

On 3/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Yeahhhh I watched an hour of Andrew Lessman and didn't learn a thing.😅

Agree! I always feel like he talks in circles. 

That said, I buy several of his vitamins and supplements. They are too expensive but fabulous! 

• Like 2

Former host Anji Corley is the rep for the TS Soul Naturalizer.

She was with Professor Amos for awhile after hosting. 

Funny how they jump around into various categories.  I guess it's a talent to be able to do that.  Having been a host helps.

• Like 2

I have mentioned this before, but the bedazzled Prai packaging is so tacky!     Get rid of the faux “jewels” and lower the price.

I do like Prai’s neck and décolleté cream, though.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have mentioned this before, but the bedazzled Prai packaging is so tacky!     Get rid of the faux “jewels” and lower the price.

I do like Prai’s neck and décolleté cream, though.

How do you even hold the jar in your hand without getting bits of cream all over the fake jewels? A plain smooth jar would have been so much better.

misc pics HSN beauty Prai neck and chest cream 1 4-01-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

OMG.  I can’t believe HSN is featuring clothing from Patricia Altschul ( Southern Charm reality show)!   Ack!! 😂😂😩😩

Edited by Thumper
  • Surprise 2

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

OMG.  I can’t believe HSN is featuring clothing from Patricia Altschul ( Southern Charm reality show)!   Ack!! 😂😂😩😩

aha ,  thought that was the case. 

what is that demographic, defin skews older, preppier,  

• Like 2

Get 20% off one item today if you use the HSN app with code APPYDAY.

Coupon APPYDAY can be used on only one item and can only be used once by its recipient and is valid for 20% off your purchase with maximum savings of $25 on the HSN Apps available on iTunes and Google Play Store. Coupon number is non-transferable. Coupons must be applied when order is placed. Excludes shipping & handling, sales tax, Today's Special, Today’s Special Presale, This Day Only offers, and clearance items and can only be applied to the first shipment of Auto-Ship items. The use of this coupon may disqualify the order from inclusion in other promotional offers or discounts. Coupons cannot be applied to or combined with other coupons. Coupon is not valid for Arrow Sewing, charitable contributions, Dyson, gift cards, wines and alcohol, Janome, Samsung large appliances, selected footwear, the iRobot Roomba 880, electronics and gaming. We reserve the right to cancel orders when unexpected coupon system errors occur or in the case of abuse, misuse or fraud in connection with the coupon number. Offer is only valid on 4/17/2021. Coupon Expires on 4/17/2021 at 11:59 PM ET.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Get 20% off one item today if you use the HSN app with code APPYDAY.

Coupon APPYDAY can be used on only one item and can only be used once by its recipient and is valid for 20% off your purchase with maximum savings of $25 on the HSN Apps available on iTunes and Google Play Store. Coupon number is non-transferable. Coupons must be applied when order is placed. Excludes shipping & handling, sales tax, Today's Special, Today’s Special Presale, This Day Only offers, and clearance items and can only be applied to the first shipment of Auto-Ship items. The use of this coupon may disqualify the order from inclusion in other promotional offers or discounts. Coupons cannot be applied to or combined with other coupons. Coupon is not valid for Arrow Sewing, charitable contributions, Dyson, gift cards, wines and alcohol, Janome, Samsung large appliances, selected footwear, the iRobot Roomba 880, electronics and gaming. We reserve the right to cancel orders when unexpected coupon system errors occur or in the case of abuse, misuse or fraud in connection with the coupon number. Offer is only valid on 4/17/2021. Coupon Expires on 4/17/2021 at 11:59 PM ET.

So many rules!

• Like 3

Yes, and then prepare to get constantly bombarded with emails or texts from HSN about what's new, what a bunch of tossers, no thanks. There's always a catch. 

• Like 1

One of the former JTV hosts, Jana Laurin, is on HSN now as a "Guest," or what we call an OAP. I researched it but there is no information on what jewelry brand she represents. Saw her when I was channel surfing last night. She and Adam Freeman presented a couple of small tanzanite items, and the most beautiful blue topaz ring I've ever seen.

Jana's LinkedIn says "On Air Guest, HSN freelance, dates employed May 2020 - present." It says she worked for JTV for 3 years, 2 months, March 2016 - April 2019. I remember we were posting about it when she left, and we felt she'd been pushed out because she never could fit in with the clique over there.

I'm embarrassed to admit I had no idea she'd had the HSN gig for almost a whole year! Back in the days when gold jewelry was affordable, I was a heavy HSN viewer. But when the jewelry inventory dropped so much after the recession, I virtually stopped watching them. I just do a drive-by once in a while.

misc pics HSN Jana Laurin 3 4-20-20.jpg

misc pics HSN Jana Laurin 2 4-20-20.jpg

misc pics HSN Jana Laurin 1 4-20-20.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

This is the gorgeous blue topaz ring, 738-459. I didn't know you could get topaz in that deep, vivid blue color. It looks similar to high grade aquamarine. Unfortunately it's very expensive, $1,057.25, since it's 10K gold with diamond accents. So it's not in my budget -- I just wanted to drool over it!

The product line name on HSN is Passport to Gems, so maybe that's one of the brands Jana is representing.

misc pics jewelry ring deep blue topaz HSN 5 collage 1 4-20-20.jpg

misc pics jewelry ring deep blue topaz HSN 6 collage 2.jpg

I wonder if Passport to Gems is an HSN house brand?

Since she says she's "HSN freelance" it sounds to me it's a "we'll call you when we need you" setup.

And I didn't know either she had gotten together with HSN.

• Like 1

HSN does this with fashion too.

They have guests billed as "fashion expert" or "style consultant " come on with a variety of brands, rather than be an employee of a specific line.

I can't understand why they're necessary, other than to give the host someone to talk to!

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 9:50 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Heard that Jana ,JTV exile host is showing MAJ and Heidi Daus products on HSN. Glad to see that she's back to work. Never really heard what happened at JTV to let her go, I thought she was a nice host there. 

Jana was awesome on JTV,was happy to see her on HSN , will have to catch some of her shows. That Blue Topaz colour is what we used to call Swiss Blue. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

HSN does this with fashion too.

They have guests billed as "fashion expert" or "style consultant " come on with a variety of brands, rather than be an employee of a specific line.

I can't understand why they're necessary, other than to give the host someone to talk to!

they are not

• Like 1

I really like my Democracy jeans, and I suspect today’s TS shorts fit the same way.  But they are soooooooo long!  I read either 11 or 13” inseam???  I need about a 7”.   Something between a Bermuda and the short-shorts.

Please don't purchase the Today's Special, the Keurig Supreme Coffeemaker.  It is a disaster waiting to happen and it did for me and thousands of people who bought this.  Please read the reviews at QVC, at Amazon and even Keurig and you'll find out how it doesn't work.  

What's wrong with it? 

• The new pods explode creating a huge mess and once they do you can't get a clean cup of hot water.  The second time mine did it died.  Mine lasted 5 months and even though it was under a one year warranty I decided I didn't want another one because QVC where I bought it wouldn't give you your money back; only a replacement.  No thanks.  
  • Many people couldn't get it to work the first time they used it at QVC, at HSN (before they removed all the negative ads since it's a Today's Special), at Amazon, and even Keurig.  They replaced the defective machines and some that I read had it replaced 2 or 3 times.  Keurig had to have lost of money on this DUD!
  • They have a new descaling process and the first time you descale which is at 3 months you can't get the descale light to shut off.  You have to use their descaling product and it's expensive.

This product should have been recalled.  I wished I hadn't got rid of my Keurig Elite which worked for years.  I will never buy a Keurig ever again! 

Reviews at QVC:  

https://www.qvc.com/Keurig-K-Supreme-Coffee-Maker-w-Multistream-Technology.product.K405441.html?sc=PSCH&qq=mh&TZ=PST

1 review from Amazon but 7% are 1 star

1.0 out of 5 stars Stops working with no warning !!!

Reviewed in the United States on November 12, 2020

Color: K-Supreme BlackVerified Purchase

I loved the look of this Keurig....it brewed nicely, has a large water reservoir with a handle that made it easy to fill....it turns on automatically when you put in a k-cup and close it, then you choose your setting.....BUT in less than ONE month, it just stopped working.....no warning, nothing.....went to make a cup of coffee and it didn't go on.....I had purchased this one from HSN, so I thought maybe it was just defective.....sent it back, and ordered this same one from Amazon. Well, this one worked for less than ONE week !! I don't recommend this at all.....especially as a gift....I have gone through a lot of Keurig's because I am a stay at home mom and I drink ALOT of coffee, but previous machines lasted a lot longer than a week or a month !!! And the price of this one is NOT cheap....I now have the Keurig K-Elite and so far it's working fine.....my daughter has the Elite too, and she's had it for awhile, so you might want to get that one....

• Useful 5

Democracy jeans saw them at Marshalls yesterday, I could never get a good fit on them

probably no more than 24 or 29 bucksch there

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Democracy jeans saw them at Marshalls yesterday, I could never get a good fit on them

probably no more than 24 or 29 bucksch there

Good to know!  Once I am comfortable shopping “out in the world,” I’ll have to look there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Good to know!  Once I am comfortable shopping “out in the world,” I’ll have to look there.

the Marshall's I go to is always busy,  you have to take the stuff home to try on, but I feel comfortable shopping there,  but you need to be sure 

• Useful 3

I’m watching Colleen hawking her Today’s Special on HSN. It’s a maxi dress. It’s okay and nothing I haven’t already seen. The funny thing to watch her in the earlier shows saying the same things all over again for her 8pm show. Can you imagine having to repeat yourself over and over to get people to buy your stuff? Of course, I doubt she had much to add in the clothing line but now I know why these host make so much. As long, as the viewer buy this crap the more they’ll be selling. That said, Colleen is miles ahead of a lot of the female host on QVC. That’s for sure. LOL!!!!

• Like 2

When I turned the TV on, two of the models and Colleen’s cohost all had that maxi TS knotted to the side or front!    I didn’t think that looked good, but I don’t like the hem on that dress either.

Watching one of the models, Annette, in the TS really pointed out how “fit” is so subjective.  I thought the dress she had on was too tight, hugging her abdomen too much.    She said she couldn’t get the large, so ordered a medium but she liked the fit of the large better. I’m thinking “oh she’s wearing the Medium.”  No!  She was wearing the large and thought it was a good fit!  lol

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m watching Colleen hawking her Today’s Special on HSN. It’s a maxi dress. It’s okay and nothing I haven’t already seen. The funny thing to watch her in the earlier shows saying the same things all over again for her 8pm show. Can you imagine having to repeat yourself over and over to get people to buy your stuff? Of course, I doubt she had much to add in the clothing line but now I know why these host make so much. As long, as the viewer buy this crap the more they’ll be selling. That said, Colleen is miles ahead of a lot of the female host on QVC. That’s for sure. LOL!!!!

Is it just me, or is most, if not all, of Colleen's on-air time is either hosting The List (with Colleen Lopez) or selling products with her name on them?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Is it just me, or is most, if not all, of Colleen's on-air time is either hosting The List (with Colleen Lopez) or selling products with her name on them?

Yeah it’s pretty much the List with her products & fashion shows with her products. LOL!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Often with another host to give her breaks.  That’s one thing thing that always makes me smh, since she’s kind of the Queen of HSN.

• Like 1

Well, I bought the maxi in black because I  like  black  all year around.  I also bought the long duster in black and white because I lost a crap ton of weight and the old arms are seriously flabby. I bought something else,but I forget what it is.

• Like 3

Dimitri James' adorable cat on HSN last week. He said the cat is a Daddy's girl. Shannon said her producer thought the cat was the star of the show, and they showed the cat before Dimitri started the presentation. Hey, I agree!  The cat can point at the products and Dimitri can narrate.

misc pics HSN pets Skype cat Dimitri James May 1 5-12-21.jpg

misc pics HSN Skype cat Dimitri James May 2 5-12-21.jpg

misc pics HSN Skype cat Dimitri James May 3 5-12-21.jpg

misc pics HSN Skype cat DImitri James May 4 5-12-21.jpg

misc pics HSN Skype cat Dimitri James 5 5-12-21.jpg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Wow; Dmitri looks different ... again.

The cat is beautiful!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Another pic of kitty, at home with Dimitri. Her name is Ruby.

misc pics HSN Skype cat Dimitri James and Ruby at home 5-17-21.jpg

• Like 3