Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

Eek.  Giuliani wearing her skin-tight leggings with a short top.  Not a good look.  Her legs are so long and so thin, then she adds stiletto ankle boots.   She needs a longer top to balance the proportions,  IMO.

• Like 3

Those leggings are obscene. There’s one wearing taupe, and lets just say all the camels are at attention.  I didn’t think anyone could be more obnoxious than Rinna and her obvious aversion to anyone larger than size 2, but Giuliana Rancid is beyond worse. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Eek.  Giuliani wearing her skin-tight leggings with a short top.  Not a good look.  Her legs are so long and so thin, then she adds stiletto ankle boots.   She needs a longer top to balance the proportions,  IMO.

She looks like she's wearing some kind of Santa's Helper costume, in the red set..

misc pics QVC fashion Giuliana Rancic leggings 2 1-30-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

I would be embarrassed to death to go on TV, or out in public, in the pink leggings. Or the brown ones either. I agree, they look like tights.

misc pics HSN fashion Giuliana leggings pink 5 too tight collage 1-30-20.jpg

misc pics HSN fashion Giuliana leggings pink 6 too tight collage 1-30-20.jpg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 6

I don't want to show that much and nobody wants to see that much in the leggings. Might as well go out in a pair of panty hose.

• Like 11

Oh my!!! that rear view picture on the left is beyond obscene!!

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Don’t they look at these things and see how terrible they look?  And knowing I’m a plus size, you would never see me in anything like that. Even the skinny ones don’t look so hot. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Don’t they look at these things and see how terrible they look?  And knowing I’m a plus size, you would never see me in anything like that. Even the skinny ones don’t look so hot. 

Seriously.

If it's questionable on a size 2 model, let's be real. This is NOT fashion for the masses.

• Like 5

Anyone watching Jay King Mine Finds shows  this weekend?  I haven't seen anything that caught my eye,plus they keep showing a few of the same items over and over. One of the cuffs he's selling is chrome diopside that looks so overly included ,I'm surprised anyone is buying it. Lately, it seems like all of the shopping channels that are doing jewelry shows are saying how all the mines are closed or closing soon, hard to find certain amounts anymore. The tanzanite you see anymore should be called tanzalite. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

They had this Diane Gilman top today. Are the shopping channels pushing these drapey-back tops now? QVC has that ugly top that's a plain button-front shirt in the front and chiffon drapery in the back. Antthony on HSN has a sweater vest with a chiffon back. Now we have this DG piece.  DG2 by Diane Gilman Dramatic Mixed Media Asymmetric Top, 679-876

I like the DG top, but only for very dressy occasions. It would work well with a floor length slim skirt. I don't like it as shown on the models, with jeans or leggings. Too much of a clash between casual and dressy. Also I see a blatant camel toe on the model with the white top and beige leggings.

misc pics HSN fashion Diane Gilman top 1 2-08-20.jpg

misc pics HSN fashion Diane Gilman top 2 2-08-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

They had this Diane Gilman top today. Are the shopping channels pushing these drapey-back tops now? QVC has that ugly top that's a plain button-front shirt in the front and chiffon drapery in the back. Antthony on HSN has a sweater vest with a chiffon back. Now we have this DG piece.  DG2 by Diane Gilman Dramatic Mixed Media Asymmetric Top, 679-876

I like the DG top, but only for very dressy occasions. It would work well with a floor length slim skirt. I don't like it as shown on the models, with jeans or leggings. Too much of a clash between casual and dressy. Also I see a blatant camel toe on the model with the white top and beige leggings.

misc pics HSN fashion Diane Gilman top 1 2-08-20.jpg

misc pics HSN fashion Diane Gilman top 2 2-08-20.jpg

She should use that long drapey side to cover up the old toe!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

skin colored pants are problematic 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, Coffeecup said:

I would be embarrassed to death to go on TV, or out in public, in the pink leggings. Or the brown ones either. I agree, they look like tights.

misc pics HSN fashion Giuliana leggings pink 5 too tight collage 1-30-20.jpg

misc pics HSN fashion Giuliana leggings pink 6 too tight collage 1-30-20.jpg

no eek icon provided so I will provide my own 😮

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

I was glancing over some of the new spring fashions at HSN, and got a kick out of some of Colleen’s jeans.  She has named them after cities or areas in Minnesota — St. Paul, Duluth, Lake Calhoun (which has actually been renamed to its original Native American name, Bde Maka Ska — probably not as easy to say!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I was glancing over some of the new spring fashions at HSN, and got a kick out of some of Colleen’s jeans.  She has named them after cities or areas in Minnesota — St. Paul, Duluth, Lake Calhoun (which has actually been renamed to its original Native American name, Bde Maka Ska — probably not as easy to say!)

I thought that Duluth had to be one of them and sure enough, it was!

• Like 2

I'm on Chico's email list. In this morning's email, they are hyping a collection by Marla Wynne -

971991327_ChicosMarlaWynee.thumb.jpg.c89691713a3114f02241327bf91394dd.jpg

I haven't seen this my local Chico's yet, but the top in the pic looks similar to her HSN line.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 3

On 11/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, burgerbitz said:

I bought a set of CS sheet pans as the day’s special last year. I used them a couple of times and they were fine. About a month ago I used them to bake the break apart cookies. Every one of them burned and stuck to the pan. I had to take a sharp edged nylon spatula to scrape them off and then had to scrub the hell out of the pans to get them clean. I also have that huge electric griddle he sells which also started out great. It’s massive but it only gets hot enough to cook on in the very middle. I had it set to a high temp and it took 25 minutes to get four slices of Taylor ham cooked the way we like it. And all four pieces were smack dab in the middle. When you crack eggs onto any of the outer edges they stay raw forever. I’ll never buy any of his things again. That smash and chop thing that is something like $25 with shipping and no tax I got on Amazon for $8 with free Prime shipping. It just doesn’t have the smasher end. I use a mixer on mashed potatoes. His stuff is way overpriced. And the constant slurping in of saliva drives me nuts, too. 

Last time Wolfgang was on he really pissed off Marlo. She was doing what the producer told her to do, going over what you get in the pack up. Wolf was standing off to the side in back of her all pissed off because of course he wanted to show us something. He told her if she’d stop talking he could show us a pizza. Well, that girl didn’t utter a word for five or ten minutes. Then he offered her some prime rib he made and she said “no, thank you”. Then at one point she opened her mouth really wide as if yawning so I think she was so angry she was afraid she would cry. Later in the same show she worked with Michael Symon and he even commented saying, “ boy, Wolf really gave you the business, didn’t he?” I’m not really a Marlo fan but that was so rude. But then that’s Wolfgang for you. Pretentious jerk. 

I understand your pain about the cookies. Have you tried using cast-iron frying pans for this? I'm a terrible cook, but I love cookies and I want to try one of those . If you have a similar frying pan, tell me, I don't want to repeat what happened to you 🙂 

I have an uncoated Al sheet pan that is black from years of use, it's the best thing ever for baking stuff and roasting.  if you can find one that is no coated to be non stick get that 

nightmare thought that some kind soul decides to scour it clean 

LOL Shannon thinks I want to listen to her talk over Curtis Stone. Bless her heart. I'm blocking her out so I can hear Curtis. Now, Curtis, tell me more about your Dura-Pans.

I've been enjoying Curtis Stone's visit. Kudos to him for showing up in person. I've had my tv tuned to HSN quite a bit today just to have him on in the background. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 6

Shannon just told us she is spoiled. She forgot to finish that sentence with the word "brat". 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Just saw Debbie doing a brief push for Beekman all natural wipes because "we want to offer some things you might not be able to get in the grocery store." The implication was that you could use them as a disinfectant. Disgusting.

And HSN does not seem to be following social distancing.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4

And now seeing Dalton hawking her lip pencils. I guess they are all very hopeful that we will be back to seeing each other out and about pretty soon- or stocking up before the other hoarders of lip pencils come around?

I get the approach to pampering and self care but it really struck me as a strange offering in the here and now.

Maybe that is also why this forum has gone over a week with no commenting. oh well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

And now seeing Dalton hawking her lip pencils. I guess they are all very hopeful that we will be back to seeing each other out and about pretty soon- or stocking up before the other hoarders of lip pencils come around?

I get the approach to pampering and self care but it really struck me as a strange offering in the here and now.

Maybe that is also why this forum has gone over a week with no commenting. oh well.

But now they're telling us we should all wear masks when we venture outside. So much for lip color -- hidden under your mask, and smearing all over the inside of it. No point in trying to wear lipstick in these circumstances.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

That reminds me of this meme I came across the other day.

20200403_165448_compress40.thumb.jpg.f0e3dc19d0101b790f9c7668162531f2.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 12

I’ve gotten to be kind of a slob with all this staying home shit. I haven’t really styled my hair in days.  Which means curling it. I could stay in my robe all day. I think I was made for this! 🤩

Edited by AuntCarol · Reason: Had to delete a couple of letters.
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

While cleaning out a large storage bookcase (so it could be moved because of a plumbing leak) I came across articles about old HSN hosts.  I don't know why I saved them and then I just forgot about them.  The articles are about Terri Toner, Charlene Lake, Robynne Krueger,  Alan Skantz, Alice Cleveland , and Dan Dennis.  At least one came out Summer 94.  HSN was selling shoes by Vanna White and the Thighmaster from Suzanne Somers.   I will probably just throw them away - I've gotten away from watching Shopping Networks all the time except I have noticed now that I am more tempted when I am watching them during this time shut in the house.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, thosme said:

While cleaning out a large storage bookcase (so it could be moved because of a plumbing leak) I came across articles about old HSN hosts.  I don't know why I saved them and then I just forgot about them.  The articles are about Terri Toner, Charlene Lake, Robynne Krueger,  Alan Skantz, Alice Cleveland , and Dan Dennis.  At least one came out Summer 94.  HSN was selling shoes by Vanna White and the Thighmaster from Suzanne Somers.   I will probably just throw them away - I've gotten away from watching Shopping Networks all the time except I have noticed now that I am more tempted when I am watching them during this time shut in the house.

I never was an actual buyer but I used to watch a fair amount, mostly using it as background chatter and a fair amount of curiosity at the merchandise. I think over the past 3 or 4 years I watched way less and less. I agree though that with this new extra home time we all have, we are likely to be watching more. For me, it's filler or fluff.  I also think that although we will be watching, they are going to have a much harder time getting us to hit the buy button.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I never was an actual buyer but I used to watch a fair amount, mostly using it as background chatter and a fair amount of curiosity at the merchandise. I think over the past 3 or 4 years I watched way less and less. I agree though that with this new extra home time we all have, we are likely to be watching more. For me, it's filler or fluff.  I also think that although we will be watching, they are going to have a much harder time getting us to hit the buy button.

That's true. Everybody is starting to worry about the recession, now that they keep extending the time frame when we all have to stay home.

• Like 1

Well I actually saw an offering that has me contemplating- it was on last night. Lancome mask

Rose Sorbet Cryo.

It sounded intriguing, was pretty well priced....and I even compare googled it to what is offered at other stores. Most offer it for $39 but HSN has it for $29 with free shipping. 

https://www.hsn.com/products/lancome-rose-sorbet-cryo-mask/9141443?sz=2&sf=BS0017&ac=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping engine&utm_term=&utm_campaign=GShopping|L|BrandProduct|Beauty&utm_content=57313440842_pla-812917045119_9141443&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7v0BRDOARIsAGh37ionDNSU1ZV1zpmz9q6NJ_WB5MUNAUMNw3jIGQRjj7SURTSJbm8wWd0aAhU7EALw_wcB

Just curious if anyone has used this. Alas, I still have not hit the buy button.

Re the  Lancôme mask

It has red dyes in it (red 4, red 33) and artificial dyes irritate my skin

It also has added fragrance/parfum which also irritates my skin

@mayvenne if you have sensitive/reactive skin like mine, stay away!

Edited by lazyfaire
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

27 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

Re the  Lancôme mask

It has red dyes in it (red 4, red 33) and artificial dyes irritate my skin

It also has added fragrance/parfum which also irritates my skin

@mayvenne if you have sensitive/reactive skin like mine, stay away!

ooh thank you! I don't have sensitive skin per se, but that is enough to dissuade me.  I did see several comments about the fragrance and while sometimes I like certain ones, the floral ones kind of sour me. thank you for sharing and oh I love your user name!

Sorry HSN.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

thank you for sharing and oh I love your user name!

You’re welcome, and thank you!

It's nice to see Iman back without being dragged down by that awful motormouth Joy. She really seems to know her products. No idea if she is actually involved with designing them but she does her homework.

• Like 6

Had to look- here it the today's valueScreenshot 2020-04-23 at 8.05.44 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 8.05.44 AM.png

Edited by mayvenne · Reason: well wanted to delete first screen shot and sub with 2nd. can't figure this out

have 2 pairs which I got at Marshalls at $40 2 summers ago so HSN price is good.  

but do I need a 3rd. 

On 4/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, LeeDenny said:

It's nice to see Iman back without being dragged down by that awful motormouth Joy. She really seems to know her products. No idea if she is actually involved with designing them but she does her homework.

Agree. 

One thing I noticed with this item when it was presented is that Iman's name isn't anywhere on the outside of it.  If Joy was still involved Joy + Iman would have been there.

https://www.hsn.com/products/iman-city-chic-patent-dome-satchel/9395808

Lawdheppme.

Been isolating too long, so so so bored. Watching HSN2 with Colleen. First presentation I caught was the Benefit Mascara "They're Real!". I hardly use mascara because my lashes are almost non existent (always have been that way) very sparse, very thin, and very light. This product has me thinking on it. 

Then she id a jumpsuit that just looked so great on her. Yeah but everything looks great on her. Seriously has me thinking. I almost ordered the mascara  AND the jumpsuit. (in black maybe navy). Nah

https://www.hsn.com/products/colleen-lopez-crossover-knit-jumpsuit/9266671#

You know, for when life might go back to normal.

Anyway just checking in and still thinking about both!

• Like 2

@mayvenne, i have The same lash issue and the It Tightline mascara is a lifesaver for me.

• Like 1

Watching Bobby Ray on HSN The TS jeans  she has on just do not fit her, they are just too short for wide leg pant, . so much for fitting everyone 

Gilman is going on an on 

• Like 2