Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

Well, that went well....NOT. Sara Anderson was hosting Skechers show, the usual confusion over colors for one style (there were only four choices!). Deferred to the OAP looking for an assist but was met with silence. As has been mentioned in other posts, given shopping channels are in the business to SELL, what is the upside to constantly having presentations stalled while people on set struggle to identify the merchandise?

• Like 5

Is that the show they've been running overnight?

So not only did you have a disjointed presentation, you run that hour over and over again.

At least with live programming if one particular host has difficulty, or there's a color mix up, or an item falls on the floor -- or whatever mishap there might be -- that likely won't repeat itself hour after hour.

But I do try to give hosts the benefit of the doubt. We really never know what goes on behind the scenes. So is Sara just a wreck of a host? (which actually is my opinion) -- OR was she called in at the last minute? (perhaps not in this case), were certain products added at the last minute? Is the producer talking in her ear distracting her?

Again I don't think she's a good host. But I'm trying to be kind in my criticism😀😀.

• Like 1

As someone who wore bellbottoms in the 70s, DG's new 'flare' jeans are very reminiscent of that era despite Diane's claim to the contrary. (She feels her bootcut is sometimes 'too conservative' so wants a more 'architectural' look. Okaaaay.) 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

As someone who wore bellbottoms in the 70s, DG's new 'flare' jeans are very reminiscent of that era despite Diane's claim to the contrary. (She feels her bootcut is sometimes 'too conservative' so wants a more 'architectural' look. Okaaaay.) 

I only watched a minute or two, but I thought Colleen called them "boot cut;" I too thought they looked more bell bottom.  (I also wore them in the 70's!)

• Like 2

I thought Colleen called them "boot cut;"

Colleen has her own set of jeans now though, right? So if she's selling DGs, I guess she can't raved about how she loves them and they fit her so great. Otherwise  why did she need to have her own line of jeans. OR I guess when selling her jeans, she can't say these are the only ones that fit me just right. She can't have it both ways.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, selhars said:

Colleen has her own set of jeans now thought, right? So if she's selling DGs, I guess she can't raved about how she loves them and they fit her so great. Otherwise  why did she need to have her own line of jeans. OR I guess when selling her jeans, she can't say these are the only ones that fit me just right. She can't have it both ways.

Except all the standard selling 'rules' go out the window when it comes to the shopping channel ('snake oil') spiel. Every skincare product, food prep appliance or gadget, piece of apparel, etc is the best, amazing, can't be found anywhere else, blah, blah, blah.

Some years back, during a SSC presentation, CL listed the products from that line she claimed were her 'faves,' used daily. Then there are the Lancome products she's used since before she even started on HSN. Over time, she's added the eyebrow pencil from one of the lines (YBF?), but then she would do a Too-Faced makeup show and suddenly some of those items are in her 'must have' daily arsenal. Makes a person's head spin. You know what they say about lying: hard to remember what you said, keep your stories straight. So every presentation is just whatever verbiage suits the moment, inspires customers to fork out. Between CL's beauty regimen, using allll those products she claims to use every day, and alllllll the Lessman supplements she keeps track of taking, must be exhausting.

• Like 4

Leah Williams on QVC just spewed about another line hosts use during their jeans spiels -- and for all apparel and makeup/skin care really" "These are going to be your new favorite."

Well, now how many favorites in any one specific category can a person have, before the work favorite losing it's meaning, and the phrase becomes an oxymoron? 12 favorite brands of jeans?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

The way around having many favorites:

You hear people say "my least favorite" a lot....so now "my most favorite" becomes the super-superlative. 

I imagine that Grammarians don't like it at all.

Bobby Ray is live in Sharon Springs NY with the Beekman Boys. 

Guy introduced her and said Coral Springs.

It's a big autumn pumpkin patchin festival kind of thing.

HSN is just like QVC in showing clothes that are way too tight on the hosts and models. These pics are from the HSN TSV presentation, "Skinnygirl Empower Stretch Mid-Rise Jean - Basic" from the reality show person Bethenny Frankel. You know, the one who thought it was a cute idea to post a picture of herself squeezed into her toddler daughter's shirt. Well, she still believes in squeezing women into extremely tight clothes, which she calls "empowering." I would not even call this product "jeans." I'd call them jeggings. 

Pic 1: Lynn Murphy with her "you'd better buy this!" face. I hardly recognized her with her hair up -- don't think I've ever seen her in an updo.

Pic 2: Lynn and Bethenny in dueling sky-high heels and tight jeans.

Pics 3 and 4: The jeans in red. Arrrrgggghhhh! Can this model breathe?

misc pics HSN Lynn Murphy with hair up 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight 1 Lynn Murphy and Bethenny Frankel 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight red front view 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight red jeans 1 9-18-19.jpg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4

Pic 1: Here is Bethenny trying not to fall over while standing on a high heel with one foot up in the air. She wanted us to see how the jeans stretch. By the way, she's just as hyper and talkative as Susan Graver. Annoying to watch.

Pic 2: The models doing the "I could take a pee in these jeans" pose. Or the "I'm practicing for my Halloween costume as a frog" pose.

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight Bethenny Frankel with leg raised 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight models squatting in jeans 9-18-19.jpg

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

More of the strangled lower body look. The product description says these jeans have only 1% elastene, so I don't know how they stretch enough for anybody to get them pulled up and zipped.

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight dark blue color front 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight dark blue color back 9-18-19.jpg

• Surprise 3

Those “jeans” are awful and only appropriate for a 20 year old figure. I’m sure those models were questioning their career choice. 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Those “jeans” are awful and only appropriate for a 20 year old figure. I’m sure those models were questioning their career choice. 😆

First of all if you wear those pants and you’re not slim and trim, wear a long top !!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

More of the strangled lower body look. The product description says these jeans have only 1% elastene, so I don't know how they stretch enough for anybody to get them pulled up and zipped.

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight dark blue color front 9-18-19.jpg

misc pics fashion HSN jeans too tight dark blue color back 9-18-19.jpg

Bethenny Frankel makes Graver seem like a walk in the park on a sunny day. Annoying to the maxxx!

I saw some of the presentation and the plus size model had a crotch sag. Attractive !!!👀

• Laugh 4

Kelly Dierdring (sp?), just back from maternity leave on perhaps buzzed on caffeine (in hyper mode), claiming the electric mandolin she was presenting was designed exclusively for HSN by DASH. Um, okaaaay. Sure looks nearly identical to the unit Meredith Laurence presented on the Q soooo many times (many of which when it was on Clearance). More and more re-incarnations of previous Q products showing on the Ho.

Always get a kick out of the hosts, in this case Shannon, who act all frantic that something is close to selling out ('Only 600 remain!!'). But later in the hour, the item is 'Selling quickly...only 600 remain!!' Hmmm, they're not 'selling quickly' if the available units stay the same. 😉

• Laugh 3

I knew I wasn't crazy.

I remember Guy starting the same time as Callie, who's having her 20th. 

He explained that he left, then came back.  Forgot about that.  Probably when there were problems with his marriage. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I knew I wasn't crazy.

I remember Guy starting the same time as Callie, who's having her 20th. 

He explained that he left, then came back.  Forgot about that.  Probably when there were problems with his marriage. 

Yes, they just showed a lookback clip and he had 2006 glasses on for a New Year's show.

He also mentioned that when he started internet sales were 5% of sales and now they're 50%.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1

So, the air fryer oven they're hawking all day.

They have the capacity in liters.

10 liters is 10.5 quarts.

Its width is a bit more than a pie.

Edited by letusprocrastinate

I like the idea of a combo toaster oven /air fryer so I'm considering the one from Cuisinart.....this one looks like a cheap novelty toy.....and I do have a small Dash air fryer.

If of interest to anyone...

Sounded like Helen Keaney announced she'll be getting married in two weeks.

Colleen recently posted that DIL, Christy, is expecting baby #2. (Was fairly obvious when she was modeling during one of CL's recent clothing shows.) Now that CL and hubby are already grandparents, viewers should be spared the frequent mentions of the exciting, upcoming event.

• Like 2

Callie has long been mum about her personal life outside of the constant references to her son Tristan. In recent years, still the occasional mention of 'husband' (Jamie) but within the context difficult to tell if she was referring to past or present (although presumed they were long divorced). Confusing because she was occasionally shown sporting a diamond band on her ring finger and they were pictured together, in recent years, with their son. On again, off again??

In her 20th anniversary show, today, she was visited by long-time neighbors (Phil and Sandy) and a photo was shown of her dining with them and a hunky guy. And then she introduced 'Tracy' who turns out to be the new SO as of four years ago (they met eight years ago at HSN...not really clear what he did/does but something about him 'not being allowed to talk to her').

Assume today's 'Sunday Fashion Edit' show will be available on YT and she introduces him in short segment about 15 mins before end of second hour. And he's also at end of show with flowers. As someone who LOVES long locks...and facial hair... on the right man, he's rockin' the look. Like a rocker who's aged well, or country music star. Could be surfer dude. A 'smooth jazz radio' voice. But also very reminiscent of the hippie/Woodstock era which I remember well. Perhaps some combination. Not everyone's cup o' tea but yowza!! 🙂  

• Like 5

They are a very attractive couple. But I found that segment a little uncomfortable. I really don’t want to know about hosts’ romantic life. A simple introduction of him as her SO at the end would have sufficed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

They are a very attractive couple. But I found that segment a little uncomfortable. I really don’t want to know about hosts’ romantic life. A simple introduction of him as her SO at the end would have sufficed. 

When they bring on people for the anniversary shows, always question if the 'guest' readily embraces the idea of making an appearance or required some encouragement. In this case, I got the feeling T is very comfortable in front of the camera. (On replay, heard C mention he plays guitar with her son so he may be a performer, used to being a more 'public' person.) The exchange did feel rather 'staged' but thought they did the well if this was perhaps more the producer's idea than theirs. As per my previous post, C has always come across as an extremely private person. She has very little presence on social media, so the segment was a tad awkward as they went public with their relationship between her selling underwear and a MarlaWynne piece.

But contrast this with Shannon's anniversary show, in which her 'ginger,' live-in fiance' did a cameo, was clearly uncomfortable and was out of the picture shortly thereafter (probably for a variety of reasons).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Pics of Callie and Tracy (from YT).

cn 1.jpg

cn 2.jpg

cn 3.jpg

Who is this with Callie, her husband?  The father of her son Tristan?

I took a sneak peak at the Vanessa Williams clothing items that will be shown tonight.

Talk about absolutely. nothing. special. Really nothing different from what's already available from any one of a dozen other brands, and at any one of a dozen stores.

Items include: an off the shoulder knit sweater, an animal print pencil skirt, a dress with a key-hole neckline.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Who is this with Callie, her husband?  The father of her son Tristan?

Boyfriend.  Read back a few posts or a page or two for more info.

• Like 2

Guess Callie is divorced.  Don't really find him attractive, don't like the long hair but to each his own, she is happy with him.  I do remember years ago her saying her then husband was in a catering business with Deb Murray, former Wolfgang assistant.  Wonder if she is still on Shop HQ (Evine).  Not sure they still have  the Sizzle on Sunday morning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Amy seems nervous and giddy with Vanessa Williams.

I like Vanessa, the clothes are eh, the same as they were on Evine.

And I suppose this is the season for Chanel knockoff tweed jackets. 

Brooke Shields, Vanessa, there may be others......

Fuddy-duddy, unless paired with denim. YMMV 😉

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

And I suppose this is the season for Chanel knockoff tweed jackets. 

Brooke Shields, Vanessa, there may be others......

Fuddy-duddy, unless paired with denim. YMMV 😉

Funeral friendly.

• Laugh 5

HSN just unveiled a new, "better" version of the Huggable Hanger.

Instead of a JM logo, it has HH.

I'm sure,  however,  she is benefiting.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I’d like to have one of those Chanel knock-off tweed jackets. Or the real thing for that matter. But they are just too short for my apple figure. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

HSN just unveiled a new, "better" version of the Huggable Hanger.

Instead of a JM logo, it has HH.

I'm sure,  however,  she is benefiting.

could be, versions of those are all over the place,  if J's contract is over they are free to get the same ones that TJ, or Costco are selling and brand those 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Amy seems nervous and giddy with Vanessa Williams.

I like Vanessa, the clothes are eh, the same as they were on Evine.

I rather liked her clothing, QVC doesnt really offer anything like that, it's casual DC, or Gili, or a bit nutty like Logo, but no dresses etc, theres Brookes and L'DO .

I think they decided their customer doesn't want a line that's similar b/c any time they have bought one on, it dies 

• Like 2

I've never seen Vanessa Williams present and thought she was quite good.  Very pleasant and knowledgeable. Something different from Diane Gilman and Marla Wynne. 

• Like 4

Sick of Heidi Daus and her cleavage. And her fake giant ponytail.

and her jewelry can't really appeal to the coveted millennial market, can it? 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

59 minutes ago, seasons said:

Sick of Heidi Daus and her cleavage. And her fake giant ponytail.

and her jewelry can't really appeal to the coveted millennial market, can it? 

very doll hair isn't it.

reminds me of the dolls where you 'd  push on the tummy and the hair grew

• Laugh 4