Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

18 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I ordered the Curtis Stone cookware set TS. I hope I like the pans. I'm moving across country and decided to just buy new pans instead of bringing my old Emeril pans. I hope I don't regret it.

One thing about him is that he knows the products that have his name on them and could pretty much host his own shows.

He's also great at the upsell, as in, "I just pulled this pan of roasted potatoes out of the oven; the oven glove I'm using is also available."

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

One thing about him is that he knows the products that have his name on them and could pretty much host his own shows.

He's also great at the upsell, as in, "I just pulled this pan of roasted potatoes out of the oven; the oven glove I'm using is also available."

Think it was during the TS with Marlo when they did something similar to 5-in-5 (items that wouldn't have separate airings but ones he wanted customers to know about). Without missing a beat, he went down the table and quickly demo'd each item, gave the specs, etc. He's superb at 'juggling' the presentations while incorporating his sales pitch, chatting with callers, interacting with everyone on set.

Years ago I sent a suggestion to his rep requesting he consider offering pieces for kitchens with no storage space (along the lines of the nestables with detachable handles for RVs, tiny homes, boats, etc). The pieces I've accumulated serve my needs, are crammed into what litle space I have and I've no incentive to purchase anything...but his pieces do tempt.

• Like 4

Whoever takes care of the graphics during Curtis Stone shows is a very busy person, with all of the mentions he makes of his other products during presentations.

"Quick, put up the egg rings graphic!"

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I see what you all mean about Diane G, she's all business

not much humor in her, 

While Adrienne, is much looser

Off screen DG might be different 

I'm sorry for her illness and I don't wish her harm, but, she's a real bitch here. More than usual. Maybe she doesn't feel good. I watched just the first few minutes. 

http://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-classic-stretch-double-frayed-crop-/8944244

• Like 5

The dirty look when she commented about two models in pink was really bad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Whoever takes care of the graphics during Curtis Stone shows is a very busy person, with all of the mentions he makes of his other products during presentations.

"Quick, put up the egg rings graphic!"

Agreed. CS' show seem very well 'choreographed.' He'll announce a video, showing the construction of the piece, at the moment it starts to play. (Although the onset people DO have a monitor which shows what'll happen a few seconds before it goes live.) I also think that so much of what he does is redundant (burning cheese or sugar, prepping certain dishes over and over, etc) sometimes watching some of his shows feels a bit 'Groundhog Day-ish.'

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

Wow, you're not kidding. She is incredibly abrasive and unlikable.

The thing I've found most off-putting about her, pre- and post-cancer, is how she can turn any 'conversation' (translation: she talks, others listen) to something about herself. Too much ego in all the 'me's' and 'I's' from her days spent hanging with rock stars. We get it. Just as she's milked those stories over the years, now her recent illness is being handled similarly. As if her situation is always 'one better (worse)' than someone else's.

This is not to take away from what she dealt with. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer decades before all the medical advancements which are now available. Some of the women who purchase her products may have also overcome cancer, but may not have had some of the 'advantages' (treatment options, time away from work, etc) DG had.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

The thing I've found most off-putting about her, pre- and post-cancer, is how she can turn any 'conversation' (translation: she talks, others listen) to something about herself. Too much ego in all the 'me's' and 'I's' from her days spent hanging with rock stars. We get it. Just as she's milked those stories over the years, now her recent illness is being handled similarly. As if her situation is always 'one better (worse)' than someone else's.

This is not to take away from what she dealt with. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer decades before all the medical advancements which are now available. Some of the women who purchase her products may have also overcome cancer, but may not have had some of the 'advantages' (treatment options, time away from work, etc) DG had.

I so agree with this!

There are hosts that have a knack for making everything about themselves.  Melissa Miner on Evine is the queen of this.  Last night, I wanted to buy some Waterford just so I could talk on the air and tell her to shut the fuck up already.  No one cares about your husband cooking you a steak for dinner on your new grill.  Poor Jorge.

On HSN, I really can't think of a host that does this.  They all seem to understand that the product is the star and the customer matters.  

Diane seems to be the Susan Graver of HSN!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

18 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

Agreed. CS' show seem very well 'choreographed.' He'll announce a video, showing the construction of the piece, at the moment it starts to play. (Although the onset people DO have a monitor which shows what'll happen a few seconds before it goes live.) I also think that so much of what he does is redundant (burning cheese or sugar, prepping certain dishes over and over, etc) sometimes watching some of his shows feels a bit 'Groundhog Day-ish.'

The Deen brothers do the same thing over on Evine re: burning cheese or sugar in order to show the non-stick properties of their cookware.

It also makes sense that Curtis (or the Deen brothers) will make the same things over and over again.  Not only does it breed familiarity when you're live on air with cameras in your face, talking with Daphne from Arizona, and listening to the producer in your ear, but from a cost perspective on the food side it works too, since someone's going to Publix to spend a boatload of money anyway (at Q, it's Wegman's; no idea where the Evine food comes from).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

She’s hard to watch for me I think that one thing person needs to be to sell stuff on these channels is to be at least a bit entertaining.

Say what you will about some of these characters that we complain about , some of them are  more entertaining , but I don’t think there’s much about Gilman that’s entertaining .  That’s kind of why we watch to see what they’re going to do to make us run to the keyboard and bitch about it here

They need to read what we have to say.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The Deen brothers do the same thing over on Evine re: burning cheese or sugar in order to show the non-stick properties of their cookware.

It also makes sense that Curtis (or the Deen brothers) will make the same things over and over again.  Not only does it breed familiarity when you're live on air with cameras in your face, talking with Daphne from Arizona, and listening to the producer in your ear, but from a cost perspective on the food side it works too, since someone's going to Publix to spend a boatload of money anyway (at Q, it's Wegman's; no idea where the Evine food comes from).

The repetition is part of the sell.  They know how long people stay on a channel and then click off.  That means people are tuning out and in every so many minutes.  They have to repeat things for that "new" audience - hoping to catch them and get them to order.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Puddy said:

The repetition is part of the sell.  They know how long people stay on a channel and then click off.  That means people are tuning out and in every so many minutes.  They have to repeat things for that "new" audience - hoping to catch them and get them to order.

That too. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

She’s hard to watch for me I think that one thing person needs to be to sell stuff on these channels is to be at least a bit entertaining.

Say what you will about some of these characters that we complain about , some of them are  more entertaining , but I don’t think there’s much about Gilman that’s entertaining .  That’s kind of why we watch to see what they’re going to do to make us run to the keyboard and bitch about it here

The 'entertainment factor' is key. I know many don't care for Eric Theiss but I find him similar to RickD. They know the gig, are willing to play along with the shtick and, in some instances, willing to look the fool. I can't watch either for any length of time but, if/when I do, with that in mind, they're more tolerable. They are 'on stage.' They use silliness (intended... or no!) to play a role. I'd tend to characterize DG as bit of a harpy.

• Like 3

What is Amy doing to herself?  Morphing into Joan Rivers or Ms. Wildenstein. She should have left good enough alone a few procedures ago!

20190519_230456-744x691.thumb.jpg.1f84a2b8c941358952e2b9d01b7169f3.jpg

20190519_230512-698x445.thumb.jpg.0d716c64dc7e7a0b281002520b86299b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

10 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I ordered the Curtis Stone cookware set TS. I hope I like the pans. I'm moving across country and decided to just buy new pans instead of bringing my old Emeril pans. I hope I don't regret it.

I was just telling my husband this!  We may be moving across the country and I told him that it would cost less to buy some new things than it would to ship them!  We need a new couch and I said let’s just buy a new one there instead of hauling the old one. This could work out well 😉

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I'm sorry for her illness and I don't wish her harm, but, she's a real bitch here. More than usual. Maybe she doesn't feel good. I watched just the first few minutes. 

http://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-classic-stretch-double-frayed-crop-/8944244

I made it about 3 minutes in and stopped watching - DG was beyond annoying. She cut Suzanne off so many times I actually felt bad for her, and I normally can't stand motormouth Suzanne! SR didn't stand a chance against DG the Drill Sergeant barking orders at everyone.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

What is Amy doing to herself?  Morphing into Joan Rivers or Ms. Wildenstein. She should have left good enough alone a few procedures ago!

I noticed this too.  During last week's beauty show.  I get wanting a tweak here and there but she is doing something every few weeks.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Wow, you're not kidding. She is incredibly abrasive and unlikable.

I can not stand__ watching her, when I'm flipping channels and she's on, I keep flipping channels.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

between DGilman and that other yenta Marla W 

I loved Marla when she first started on HSN.  I love a good underdog story.  Now, I can't take ten minutes of her. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2019 at 10:06 PM, mpeeps said:

20190519_230456-744x691.thumb.jpg.1f84a2b8c941358952e2b9d01b7169f3.jpg

20190519_230512-698x445.thumb.jpg.0d716c64dc7e7a0b281002520b86299b.jpg

I remember when Amy started as a HSN host.  She was naturally pretty, wore her makeup in a less dramatic way.  Amy looks like she's definitely had some facial manipulation done, and maybe some botox injections too.  It will be awful interesting to see what her face will look like in a few more years. 😟

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Puddy said:

I noticed this too.  During last week's beauty show.  I get wanting a tweak here and there but she is doing something every few weeks.  

Amy Morrison sorta resembles the "cat woman"  Jocelyn Wildenstein.

pizap.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Anji Corley should've looked in a mirror before she decided to wear the striped top on set. For someone so slender, makes her look like she ballooned up to 300 lbs. 😞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The snow pile out front.

Lower electric bill FTW!

(In all honesty, if you live far enough north, the best time of year to defrost and clean your fridge and freezer, including chest freezers, is in the winter when it's below freezing.  Your food/beverages will keep cold out outside or in your garage if it's really cold outside and your garage isn't fully insulated.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Lower electric bill FTW!

(In all honesty, if you live far enough north, the best time of year to defrost and clean your fridge and freezer, including chest freezers, is in the winter when it's below freezing.  Your food/beverages will keep cold out outside or in your garage if it's really cold outside and your garage isn't fully insulated.)

As a former Minnesotan, Christmas cookies were made, in advance, and 'stored' in an outside, unheated closet. (Although, coats in that same closet were taken out to warm up before wearing. Brrr.) Holiday foods, requiring freezing/refrigeration, were put on the back step. Mom would post a note when said item was placed outside. Decades of MN winters meant we had a finely-honed skill to gauge when to bring the food/beverage in (want it chilled? partially frozen...don't want bottles of soda/pop to explode!...or fully frozen?).

Utilizing Mother Nature's wintry 'refrigeration' came in very handy for family of nine with small fridge (and its even smaller freezer).

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

On 5/20/2019 at 2:47 AM, AuntCarol said:

I was just telling my husband this!  We may be moving across the country and I told him that it would cost less to buy some new things than it would to ship them!  We need a new couch and I said let’s just buy a new one there instead of hauling the old one. This could work out well 😉

I’m not taking any furniture. New stuff is my post divorce treat. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I’m not taking any furniture. New stuff is my post divorce treat. 

I’ve ordered furniture from Wayfair online and had really good service. I ordered  Paula Deen couch, loveseat. double chair, coffee table and end tables. Then a huge tv display cabinet with glass doors and book cases on either sides. Then a king bed, end tables and an armoire. The living room wood pieces were distressed black. I just had them all painted distressed off white. They look great and the painter went on and on about the quality of the wood and he wouldn’t have expected it from Paula. It was/is just my style I’m even happier with it now. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

HSN now sells "as is" merchandise. I don't recall them doing that pre-HxQ. Am I mistaken?

I think you are right.  I do not remember seeing this prior to the merger.

• Like 1

Shannon says going to buy Samsung TV that she’s hawking. How many TVs does she have? She is such liar & will say anything. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

I’ve been eyeing that Samsung the past few days. I think it’s a decent price. I can’t find the exact model though. Of course. 

• Like 2

Just turned on HSN.  Dimitri hawking his Skinn Cosmetics line.  I think is a safe bet he's doing a lot of nipping, tucking, botoxing & whatever else physically feasible to his face on some of his days away from HSN.  Only if his own products could deliver these same results on everybody (see photos), he be a freaking gazillionaire. 

20190526_130701.jpg

20190526_130802.jpg

• Like 4
  • Surprise 2

I would not have recognized him if I'd seen him someplace besides a shopping channel.

His eyebrows look natural now, unlike the drag queeny brows he had in this screenshot from January 2018.

misc pics cosmetics Dimitri James 2018 with ugly plastic surgery, 6-15-18.JPG

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, ImaTart said:

Just turned on HSN.  Dimitri hawking his Skinn Cosmetics line.  I think is a safe bet he's doing a lot of nipping, tucking, botoxing & whatever else physically feasible to his face on some of his days away from HSN.  Only if his own products could deliver these same results on everybody (see photos), he be a freaking gazillionaire. 

20190526_130701.jpg

20190526_130802.jpg

He was on with Callie (her Sunday morning show) and did his usual yammering about his product quality, his having used them all these years...and finished off by saying he's very happy with the way he looks. Mmmmm'kay. Except that how he looks isn't solely due to using his products. Duh. They showed a Before and After of his Baume Riche(?) (something like that) in which there was ZERO improvement in the After (and the model had hardly any discernible issue in the Before). Of course, Callie was raving 'I can see why this is so popular. LOOK at those results!!' (paraphrased) Between her years on HSN and director prompting in her ear...although I find CN less 'egregious' in terms of snakeoil salesmanship than most shopping channel hosts... they'll say anything despite what we can see with our own eyes.

Prior to DJ, we were entertained by Anttony in an 'Indian' ensemble. After all these years of his surprising viewers with his various 'costumes,' nothing he wears shocks me anymore...I find him very enjoyable.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I would not have recognized him if I'd seen him someplace besides a shopping channel.

His eyebrows look natural now, unlike the drag queeny brows he had in this screenshot from January 2018.

misc pics cosmetics Dimitri James 2018 with ugly plastic surgery, 6-15-18.JPG

Yowza, what a huge difference in the apperance of JD on Evine a few months ago in comparison to his current appearance HSN. 

(Hmmmm 🤔 is the studio lighting at Evine this bad? 😂 ha ha )

• Like 2

Have insomnia, so I will say this:

Which comes first, the end of the Mangano huggable hangers Energizer Bunny-like clearance, or the next presidential election?

(No political statement implied, just giving a date certain.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

11 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Have insomnia, so I will say this:

Which comes first, the end of the Mangano huggable hangers Energizer Bunny-like clearance, or the next presidential election?

(No political statement implied, just giving a date certain.)

My bet is that Huggable Hangers sales will outlast any election. They say that when some nuclear holocaust destroys civilization, only the roaches will survive. Them, and Huggable Hangers. Joy needs to start making little bitty HH's for the tiny roach shirts and jackets, so our six-legged friends can have tidy miniature closets in the new world. (Yes I need some more coffee.)

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Ordered Andrew Lessman's Fibermucil vitamins three days ago. Order status? "Packaging"

😠

(Highly recommend the Fibermucil. Works nicely for me and I only take one a day, not the "recommended 2-3 capsules with each meal"! 😯

No bloating or gas 💨, keeps things moving along! 💩

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

intelliWHITE is selling fluoride- free toothpaste. Don’t you want want fluoride in your toothpaste? I thought that was like a law or something? LOL!!!! Seriously though. Don't you want fluoride in your toothpaste? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

37 minutes ago, seasons said:

Ordered Andrew Lessman's Fibermucil vitamins three days ago. Order status? "Packaging"

😠

(Highly recommend the Fibermucil. Works nicely for me and I only take one a day, not the "recommended 2-3 capsules with each meal"! 😯

No bloating or gas 💨, keeps things moving along! 💩

I've tried a handful of Lessman products over the years but the only one I stick with is the Ultimate Eye. My very first AL order was placed with HSN but, ever since, I order from his website and usually get delivery from his NV facility in 2 (on rare occasion 3) days (and no tax!). Unfortunately, when I say 'order' from his site it means having one of his CS reps add my cc to my account...so I can then order onliine...or ordering directly through the rep. Have never been impressed with his CS staff and no one has ever been able to explain why I'm unable to enter cc info on his site (their IT staff was stumped, as well). I can enter/edit any account info save for cc details (doesn't matter which browser, etc). So, on the occasion I need to re-order the UES, I endure the frustration of having to deal with his CS to get the quick delivery (in one case, package shipped within a few hours of ordering...received it in under 48 hrs).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

intelliWHITE is selling fluoride- free toothpaste. Don’t you want want fluoride in your toothpaste? I thought that was like a law or something? LOL!!!! Seriously though. Don't you want fluoride in your toothpaste? 

Not if you're one of the people who believes the government puts fluoride in water for mind control purposes.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1